PDA

View Full Version : Do you experiment with clothes on court?

Mina Vagante
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
...a la Beth Mattek?

I feel like wearing some knee high socks today:)

I really don't care if I look stupid, at least I experiment and get noticed:p

One of the reason I love Serena :)

So Disrespectful
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I play it safe. All the guys at my club wear really regular/casual clothing and I'd even feel slightly out of place wearing tennis attire. I think it's a shame actually.

Mina Vagante
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I play it safe. All the guys at my club wear really regular/casual clothing and I'd even feel slightly out of place wearing tennis attire. I think it's a shame actually.

Really? Why? I'd feel out of place if I didn't wear tennis attire.

What country do you live in?

So Disrespectful
Jul 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Really? Why? I'd feel out of place if I didn't wear tennis attire.

What country do you live in?

Australia.

At my local club none of the guys wear tennis clothes. Usually it's just a surf branded shirt and board shorts (which I find restrictive), or regular shorts. I don't think I've seen more than a handful of guys wearing a matching set, although the girls do quite often.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Lollerz.

You and wannabeknowitall should tots hook up.... you know, swap some on-court accessories, sample Mariah's new fragrance and such.

stevos
Jul 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Lollerz.

You and wannabeknowitall should tots hook up.... you know, swap some on-court accessories, sample Mariah's new fragrance and such.

H8er!
*humph

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Lollerz.

I don't do Mariah's fragrances. Honestly I would probably smell better if I just pissed on myself.

But OMG yeah we could swap some accessories.

This week I'm gonna wear a, blue hat, red sheer tank top, white short shorts that say Mike's Booty on the back, ankle socks, and some red and white Reeboks.

Fierce. :tape: I might even take some pictures for all to see.

Dodoboy.
Jul 8th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I wear basketball short and a white polo shirt incase you were wondering ross :smooch:

How gay?!11! :lol:

Mina Vagante
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I wear basketball short and a white polo shirt incase you were wondering ross :smooch:

How gay?!11! :lol:

:lol: Wel.. your gayness doesnt really surprise me anymore mate :p

Mina Vagante
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I don't do Mariah's fragrances. Honestly I would probably smell better if I just pissed on myself.

But OMG yeah we could swap some accessories.

This week I'm gonna wear a, blue hat, red sheer tank top, white short shorts that say Mike's Booty on the back, ankle socks, and some red and white Reeboks.

Fierce. :tape: I might even take some pictures for all to see.

OMG we should so play each other. Oh and you're american which makes you even cooler. We'd spend more time getting ready and looking good than we would playing :tape: ( mainly cus i'd kill you) :armed:

ViennaCalling
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:16 PM
No, i´m a guy and guys aren´t that interested in different tennis outfits :help:

ce
Jul 8th, 2008, 11:04 PM
not that much

mirzalover
Jul 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
The only thing I do thats not normal is wearing air force 1's to play tennis. I usually match whatever the colors of the shoes are with my shirt. Then one or two nice wristband or headband, or both. I be looking fly!

the jamierbelyea
Jul 9th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I only wear dri-fit clothes at least, and have to match brands all the way down to shoes, accessories. It's a ridiculous thing. Generally it's some sort of Adidas Dri-Fit Polo, with contrasting shorts, and a headband.

It got so bad that I bought new shoes and new headbands, when the club team here got uniforms for Nike. I became president/captain this past year and switched us back to Adidas. haha

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I've done quite a number of Beth's stunts....from super short pants and knee high socks, to crazy colour combos :lol:. I'm infamous at the tennis club :tape:. Most days I stick to my Reebok get-up though :p.

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I once wear a black shirt with a dagger stabs in a skull and blood drips in print to play tennis :lol: Everyone knows I like to wear black. Normally, I wear white top to play but that time I had no time to change and was rushed to get there :lol: I know it's not as crazy as Bethanie ;)

hingis-seles
Jul 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I grab the first t-shirt, pair of shorts and sneakers lying around in my room. I guess that's experimenting? :shrug:

Personally, I'm more focused on how I'm playing than what I'm wearing.

hingis-seles
Jul 12th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Lollerz.

:haha:

You wit is unparalleled. :worship:

tenn_ace
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I tried once but wasn't allowed... to play in my speedos

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I tried once but wasn't allowed... to play in my speedos
Speedo with tennis shoes? Disturbing :p

tenn_ace
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Speedo with tennis shoes? Disturbing :p

that's what they said too...

ps. throwing a concession of adding knee high socks to this ensemble didn't help either :(

mckyle.
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
The day after I saw Serena in her USO 2004 outfit, I went and played in light denim shorts and a black top with black shoes. :haha: :sobbing:

In The Zone
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I only wear dri-fit clothes at least, and have to match brands all the way down to shoes, accessories. It's a ridiculous thing. Generally it's some sort of Adidas Dri-Fit Polo, with contrasting shorts, and a headband.

It got so bad that I bought new shoes and new headbands, when the club team here got uniforms for Nike. I became president/captain this past year and switched us back to Adidas. haha

:lol: You sound like my brother. Everything has to be Adidas (and red).

As for me, I go for the fashion appeal. :) Double beater to show off two colors. I've been rocking polos lately. I'm a nike boy so the wristband and hat(or sweatband) have to be Nike.

I wanted him to take pictures during my match the other day (where I played very solid) and he forgot. :o :o

Renalicious
Aug 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Omg I always match. I even change my racquets to match what I'm wearing.

I don't really wear classic tennis apparel, or if I do I mix it up with something else.