PDA

View Full Version : Youngest Winner of a GS Title (Singles, Doubles or Mxd)

Dav.
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Anyone know?

Mary Carillo said it was Tatiana Golovin at 16 years, 4 months and around 11 days (2004 Roland Garros Mixed Champion w/ Gasquet), but I'm not sure how right she was.

It would be cool if someone could do a chart or something with combined events and then separate categories for each event.

Thanks to any who can help! :wavey:

sunsfuns
Jul 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Mary Carillo said it was Tatiana Golovin at 16 years, 4 months and around 11 days (2004 Roland Garros Mixed Champion w/ Gasquet), but I'm not sure how right she was.

Not even close. I have no time for a detailed research right now, but Hingis won 1996 Wimbledon doubles (with Sukova) as a 15 year old...

Dav.
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Not even close. I have no time for a detailed research right now, but Hingis won 1996 Wimbledon doubles (with Sukova) as a 15 year old...
Yeah, I looked it up yesterday and remembered that Martina was 15 when she won the doubles that year.

It also said that second was Tracy Austin at 16 years 4 months (same as Golovin) so it was rather close, and I believe written before 2004. Not sure what Carillo was on, though. :lol:

lecciones
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
nope she was not..... Carillo haha they talk about tennis every single second of their lives maybe it makes them forget things about tennis.