PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Attitude Stinks

bertoltbrecht
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Im sorry, but i just saw a clip of Serena being interviewed and her attitude was extremely sucky. Serena could at least show some joy for her sister. Sure, you are disappointed but show some grace. I love both Williams but I am so glad that Venus won this thing.

DokicPova
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
she's a sore loser

Diesel
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Serena feels bad. She lost. Venus is just another opponent at the moment. I wouldn't ask Serena to feel for Maria there is no reason to feel for Venus just because they're related. She's feeling the loss of a slam at the moment and while it may not be pretty, she has a right to her feelings.

ladydiana
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Oracene said years ago that Serena was her problem child because she makes more out of a loss than there is. She also said that it takes Serena months to get over a loss. She also said that when Venus and Serena were little Serena would cry when Venus won and Venus would give Serena her trophy and take hers to make her feel good.

Serena isn't gonna win every grand slam against Venus like people think. It was interesting that Venus said that those grand slams she lost to Serena was when she was playing with her wrist and adominal injury and she was tired because she had been winning grand slams and tournaments during the years Serena wasn't. And she was tired and burned out. Now we see a rested Venus who's gone back to hitting balls regurarly in the 120's.

Venus played within herself today and she strategically knew when to make Serena error. Games are not always won by the person who hits the most winners or the most aces. But it's won by the person who comes up with the big points when it counted. Serena's aces didn't count on the first point of the game. But Venus' did when she was facing a break point.

Serena wanted to play flashy and quick and get all the praise at the end. But Venus just stayed controlled and exposed the fact that Serena can't win those long rally games. Venus was cracking the ball and Serena was just looping them back in because she was tired of running. Then she'd go for a drop shot and Venus was just too fast and would get to them and hit the winner.

Venus understands how to play on grass better than Serena.

hacberto
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Serena isn't used to loose in Grand Slam finals and I can understand that. But Venus lost in 5 straight Finals to Serena and she was ok and happy for her little sister.

I like to see Serena like this because now she'll be mad and start to train more. Remember what Oracene said in the French and it did become true.

pov
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
ladydiana,
Thanks much for that post. Insightful and informative. :yeah:

okayawesome21
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Oracene said years ago that Serena was her problem child because she makes more out of a loss than there is. She also said that it takes Serena months to get over a loss. She also said that when Venus and Serena were little Serena would cry when Venus won and Venus would give Serena her trophy and take hers to make her feel good.

Serena isn't gonna win every grand slam against Venus like people think. It was interesting that Venus said that those grand slams she lost to Serena was when she was playing with her wrist and adominal injury and she was tired because she had been winning grand slams and tournaments during the years Serena wasn't. And she was tired and burned out. Now we see a rested Venus who's gone back to hitting balls regurarly in the 120's.

Venus played within herself today and she strategically knew when to make Serena error. Games are not always won by the person who hits the most winners or the most aces. But it's won by the person who comes up with the big points when it counted. Serena's aces didn't count on the first point of the game. But Venus' did when she was facing a break point.

Serena wanted to play flashy and quick and get all the praise at the end. But Venus just stayed controlled and exposed the fact that Serena can't win those long rally games. Venus was cracking the ball and Serena was just looping them back in because she was tired of running. Then she'd go for a drop shot and Venus was just too fast and would get to them and hit the winner.

:worship:

tennisIlove09
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I think it's an okay reaction to be upset when you lose a Grand Slam final. Serena did prove today though that Venus is a much more gracious loser. When Venus lost to Serena, she was still smiling and giving a lot of credit to Serena. It didnt come across that way today with Serena. Oh well.

Tennis Fool
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Also it was Serena's second Wimbledon final loss in a row.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Oh well, she's Serena..otherwise she wouldn't be Serena.

morbidangle
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I used to not like Serena for that, but now I understand her attitude. She hates losing, and thats what made her the most accomplished player of her generation. I have always liked Venus more than Serena, because she has a lot more class, but I dont mind Serena's attitude anymore. She just wants to win everything.

ilovethewilliams
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I saw the clip and yea she was being a sore loser. I remember Venus crying after losing Wimbledon to Serena and I was really hoping for Venus to win today and I was happy to see her walk away with the title. Venus lost 5 straight grand slam finals to Serena and didn't complain or being a sore loser but Serena not gracious.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Sounds typical of the youngest of siblings in families. :lol:

tennnisfannn
Remember wimby 05 Lindsay did not veen acknowledge Venus and we all understood how tough the loss was on her.

PamShriver
I really hope that this loss will motivate Serena to work her butt off for the Open, I think the surface there is much more favorable to her game than to Venus', that being said, Serena HAS to be in shape for in order for that to be true.

Brooks.
It's her attitude while playing that stinks. She spends so much time sulking around the court when things don't go exactly her way. She spent half the second set being all moody and basically fucked up any chance of a comeback. If she had just focused and fought, she could have taken it to a third. Oh well.

DimaDinosaur
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Venus is so funny and classy in her on-court interview :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
I'd be :rolleyes: if I lose my first slam final after winning like 10 slams.:lol:

Diesel
It's her attitude while playing that stinks. She spends so much time sulking around the court when things don't go exactly her way. She spent half the second set being all moody and basically fucked up any chance of a comeback. If she had just focused and fought, she could have taken it to a third. Oh well.

Yeah the on court stuff was what stunk. The after doesn't matter. As it is, does anyone here truly doubt how close these two are that Serena and Venus aren't happy for one another when the other wins? Serena watched Venus win last year and is practically her biggest fans. Venus fans need to enjoy this win and stop the shit stirring.

DimaDinosaur
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM

It's so true. I have a friend aquintance who is the youngest of three children. He is such a diva at times, requiring all attention to be paid to him whenever he does something that is slightly decent. He'd probably be mad at the world if we didn't clap our hands every time he wiped his ass after a dump :lol:

gmokb
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
She is just sore and unhappy about the loss, give her sometime to recover.

Black Mamba.
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I've been supportive of Serena and Venus from the beginning but Serena needs to grow up. Vee has been getting the crap kicked out of her by Serena for years but never reacted this way.

hacberto
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
She's gonna be fine she always do but you can tell she wanted this title badly everybody needs to watch out because I really think she'll come to New York the same way she did at the Australian last year.

SOA_MC
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I don't know why why people bash players for giving a damn:shrug: To me it shows they care which is a good thing it's not like she said something bad about Venus get over it:rolleyes:

catkey94
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Serena just hates to lose. That's what has made her the champion that she is. She wants to be on top regardless of who her opponent is. The thing that I am happy to see is the maturity in Venus now. I like how she seems to be getting better at seeing Serena as an opponent and not just her little sister when they are on the other side of the net. It really makes for more competetive matches between the two of them.

Leo_DFP
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM
She wasn't graceless. She was upset after losing a Grand Slam final. It's fine, I have no problem with it.

Did Venus deal better and a bit classier after her losses to Serena? Yes, but she's the big sis and her temperament has always been better.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
she lost a GS final :rolleys: you want her to smile and be all chipper?? good heavens then you might hear that she doesn't care...

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Serena has right to feel disappointed. she lost to her sister god damn it! who does want to lose to someone in your family :rolleyes:

i would be pissed too if my sister beats me in front of a thousands crowd. no, i will slap that merciless bitch in the face when we shake hand. she is the one who is disgrace to not let the younger one winsv :(

Calypso
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah the on court stuff was what stunk. The after doesn't matter. As it is, does anyone here truly doubt how close these two are that Serena and Venus aren't happy for one another when the other wins? Serena watched Venus win last year and is practically her biggest fans. Venus fans need to enjoy this win and stop the shit stirring.

BOTH on and off court attitude stunk this year. But Serena, as someone said, is Serena.

Anna F'd Enrique
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
It's so true. I have a friend aquintance who is the youngest of three children. He is such a diva at times, requiring all attention to be paid to him whenever he does something that is slightly decent. He'd probably be mad at the world if we didn't clap our hands every time he wiped his ass after a dump :lol:

lol, what a diva! :lol:

gmokb
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Doubles commentator mentioned that she wasn't graceful but I know she just sad.

Bruno71
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Wow, you mean to tell me, Serena actually cares that she lost? Even though it was to her big sister? Call out the national guard, what a sore loser!

Seriously, if people like Mary Jo Fernandez would be happier if Serena came out and put her actress on, then they've invested themselves in a form of reality television that rarely speaks to the truth.

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
FO 02 Venus was all pleased about serena and was taking pix and stuff and suddenly the tennis world concluded that Venus had gifted Serena the FO, if serena had smiled at Venus' victory, how out of character that would have been for her the rumour mills championed by ElenaD and her language limitations(how convenient) would hvae been livid.

moon
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
She wasn't graceless. She was upset after losing a Grand Slam final. It's fine, I have no problem with it.

Did Venus deal better and a bit classier after her losses to Serena? Yes, but she's the big sis and her temperament has always been better.
exactly. no big deal.
i actually thought it was kind of funny. :lol:

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Im sorry, but i just saw a clip of Serena being interviewed and her attitude was extremely sucky. Serena could at least show some joy for her sister. Sure, you are disappointed but show some grace. I love both Williams but I am so glad that Venus won this thing.
Serena needs to grow up. I think she thought if she sulked enough on the court, Venus would feel badly for her and knock her off her game but Venus was having no part of it. I've seen her sulk b4 but this one was the worse that I've seen. She's just to damn spoiled and accustom to getting her way.

She'll probably sulk for about a week so the family will give her everything she wants then she'll be fine. Everyone is the family will have to suffer because the diva lost Serena is a mess and needs to grow up. :lol:

I like Venus and Serena and she deserves to be talked about after acting like a spoiled brat in front of the world. She'd better dust that shit off and get ready for the doubles.

Marshmallow
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
she lost a GS final :rolleyes: you want her to smile and be all chipper?? good heavens then you might hear that she doesn't care...

:lol: Exactly. With comments about match fixing and not caring enough to fight out there on the court, then when one behaves like they are actually really disappointed, actually cared it's more reason to put down.

I haven't seen a video, maybe Serena was really rude, but I'm glad and hope she uses her disappoint and fire to set the hardcourt on fire. Good for the USO/Olympics or both Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Serena needs to grow up. I think she thought if she sulked enough on the court, Venus would feel badly for her and knock her off her game but Venus was having no part of it. I've seen her sulk b4 but this one was the worse that I've seen. She's just to damn spoiled and accustom to getting her way.

She'll probably sulk for about a week so the family will give her everything she wants then she'll be fine. Everyone is the family will have to suffer because the diva lost Serena is a mess and needs to grow up. :lol:

I like Venus and Serena and she deserves to be talked about after acting like a spoiled brat in front of the world. She'd better dust that shit off and get ready for the doubles.

:yawn:

Diesel
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Even inferring that Serena would go for mind games is insulting to her competitive spirit. She didn't have it today and Venus was better. These two have different personalities and I don't expect them to act the same - I don't get Venus fans. It's as if they just want to complain about Serena's behavior when we all know she's not a good loser. I don't want her to be a good loser because that would mean she on the losing side too often. If Venus is great at that, fine, good for her. Why should she be all smiles because it's Venus? This is a slam no? Venus fans may think she was 'nice' and let Serena win the two Wimbledon's in the past but Serena always wants to win and it shows. I'm not even sure why Venus fans are all up on Serena. Didn't Venus win today? And being the pro that she is, Serena's mind is fully into the doubles match. Spoiled diva brat behavior and all :rolleyes:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Even inferring that Serena would go for mind games is insulting to her competitive spirit. She didn't have it today and Venus was better. These two have different personalities and I don't expect them to act the same - I don't get Venus fans. It's as if they just want to complain about Serena's behavior when we all know she's not a good loser. I don't want her to be a good loser because that would mean she on the losing side too often. If Venus is great at that, fine, good for her. Why should she be all smiles because it's Venus? This is a slam no? Venus fans may think she was 'nice' and let Serena win the two Wimbledon's in the past but Serena always wants to win and it shows. I'm not even sure why Venus fans are all up on Serena. Didn't Venus win today? And being the pro that she is, Serena's mind is fully into the doubles match. Spoiled diva brat behavior and all :rolleyes:

:worship: thank you :worship:

vettipooh
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
:lol: Exactly. With comments about match fixing and not caring enough to fight out there on the court, then when one behaves like they are actually really disappointed, actually cared it's more reason to put down.

I haven't seen a video, maybe Serena was really rude, but I'm glad and hope she uses her disappoint and fire to set the hardcourt on fire. Good for the USO/Olympics or both Serena.

She was not rude, Marsh. There's alot of exaggeration here. She was very mellow and sad and not very talkative during the interview, but rude? No. All her other interviews have been jovial, and witty, until today. expected. She really wanted this win and disappointment shown thru in the interview.

Radix2
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Serena has always said that she hates to lose. So I am not surprised by her reaction, even though she lost to Venus. My hope is that she turns that into a positive and start playing the big matches like she wants to win them. The US Open awaits a new champ.

tennisIlove09
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think people just want to see Serena just as happy for Venus when Venus wins as to when Venus is to when Serena is. It's hard to believe Serena saying "I am happy for Venus" when she has a long sad face on. That's the difference in them, I guess.

Craigy
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Serena needs to grow up. I think she thought if she sulked enough on the court, Venus would feel badly for her and knock her off her game but Venus was having no part of it.

:weirdo:

TomasUli
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Venus is so funny and classy in her on-court interview :worship:

yeah, she is... :hearts:

loved the part where she said that she likes to think both of her parents want her to win whenever she plays Serena. :lol::lol:

ladydiana
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Quiet as it's kept, Venus doesn't like to lose either. But she has a champion attitude when she loses as well as when she wins.

I don't really care about Serena feeling bad today because it's no more for her to lose than Venus. And like the old saying goes is "she'll get over it and if she doesn't, then too bad".

Serena played the same way she always does. Serena and Venus can get better with different aspects of their games.

Serena is a sprinter and she can run fast but not for long. Venus is a long distance runner and she can go for the long haul. That's what she did today and both Serena's and Venus' first serves were awesome as usual.

But it was that second serve that made the difference. Serena's high kick set up for Venus to eat like candy. And like MJF stated that Venus went for her second serves and they had a lot of spin and slice on them and Serena couldn't handle it.

Serena was frustrated because she "thought" she was gonna get the usual Venus' second serve, but she didn't.

And those long rallies where Venus was running her around the court showed how Serena is out of point when she's pushed behind the baseline. Venus did not let her stand on the baseline like she did in the first 3 games and just dictate point. She made her run and she can't hit on the run for very long.

Just look how how Ji Zheng was runner behind the baseline.

Diesel
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I think people just want to see Serena just as happy for Venus when Venus wins as to when Venus is to when Serena is. It's hard to believe Serena saying "I am happy for Venus" when she has a long sad face on. That's the difference in them, I guess.

You missed Serena in the stands giving Venus the double thumbs up last year :scratch: Venus fans will believe what they want and at the moment it's sad they're willing to believe something untrue, the worst in Serena.

fioredeliberi
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Serena has always been an utterly classless and graceless player and she showed it again today with her sore-loser attitude. Comparing her to big sister Venus is absurd, whenever Venus lost last time to Serena she was very graceful afterwards.

Some people here think if Serena were to be graceful upon losing, or be a good loser, this would make her less competitive and lose even more matches. This type of thinking is brainless because Venus is a "good loser" but she whipped Serena's fat butt today.

In fact, if Serena had the maturity to be a "good loser", she would probably be a much better player because her emotions would be more under control. She should learn from her big sister.

A well-deserved loss for Serena and a well-deserved win for Venus.

Haute
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM

We're not always like that... :angel:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
But she has a champion attitude when she loses as well as when she wins.

There's no such thing as a "champion attitude" in losing, as virtually all champions handle it differently.

:rolleyes: I guess Nav' didn't have a "champion's attitude" when she lost either. Cause her attitude was stank too.

This is typical stuff from you, Lady D. The same kinda of subtle back stab you would you would do at venusSerenafans forum.

thrust
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM

Good match description! I think Serena was over confident, especially after her very strong start. Serena needs to mature a bit and accept the fact she is not goning to win every Slam final. She should have been more gracious towards her sister. She came accross poorly in the Barker interview. I really thought Serena would win, but am glad I was wrong!

SunriseSunset
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I was a little surprised too. The hug was lovely and then Serena pulled away so quickly. It was disappointing but in the Doubles she was back to her happy self again.

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Well, at least the doubles win helped her soften up a lil bit.

eck
Jul 6th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Oh Venus :hug:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 6th, 2008, 09:41 AM
From what I saw when I finally woke up and turned on the match at 7-5, 2-1 Venus, is that Serena did not play well in that second set. Worse, she was mopey about it, and did not snap out of it and raise her game. Venus played terrific and took advantage of a slower Serena who did not rise to the occasion when she was under the gun.

No wonder Serena was disappointed. I'm sure that she is happy for Venus. In fact, she says so in her presser. But I'm just as sure that she's disappointed in her own fight in this match. After she broke Venus early in the second and then Venus broke back, Venus broke Serena's emotional back. I don't think that Serena is used to having that happen to her. I don't think she's used to someone out serving her, out hitting her, out volleying her, out moving her. She was outplayed, partly because of her mopey behavior and not moving past her disappointments and playing each point for itself. She kept remembering the past failed play. I think Serena was schooled by Venus here, as Venus didn't allow a little let down play keep her from rising to the next level. Serena did. She's disappointed about that. She did not give a good fight in that last set. Hopefully, she can learn from it, and show people who is the vitch to be reckoned with on hard courts!

ROAD TRIP! Serena, it's time to shine on the road trip going into the US Open. Venus is the vitch on grass, but you're the vitch on hard courts.

p.s. Next year, if Venus is in the top 10, Wimbledon damn well BETTER seed her as number one! Out of respect to a great champion. Venus should have been number one this year, in my opinion, as defending champion.

Rocketta
Jul 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
wait when Venus was all smiles and happy for Serena, it was a problem because she didn't have a winner's attitude and now that Serena isn't all smiles and happy for Venus then she's a sore loser. :lol: Make up your mind people! :cuckoo:

CORIA01
Jul 6th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I did not like Serna's reaction
ok she has lost but she ould have been more happy for her sister win!!!

rockstar
Jul 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
she's someone who will always be disappointed with herself after a loss, why are people making a fuss about this occasion? :confused:

zveeen
Jul 6th, 2008, 11:40 AM
thats Serena ;)

In The Zone
Jul 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM
p.s. Next year, if Venus is in the top 10, Wimbledon damn well BETTER seed her as number one! Out of respect to a great champion. Venus should have been number one this year, in my opinion, as defending champion.

Imagine this. Federer beats Nadal today but Nadal enters Wimbledon as the # 1 player. [ Very likely ]. They'll seed Federer #1 but they won't seed Venus #1.

SOA_MC
Jul 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Imagine this. Federer beats Nadal today but Nadal enters Wimbledon as the # 1 player. [ Very likely ]. They'll seed Federer #1 but they won't seed Venus #1.

If Nadal is #1 at Wimbledon 2009 they'll seed Nadal #1 they will never promote someone to the #1 seed who isn't the #1 in the rankings and shouldn't #1 is #1 IMO

comfortably.numb
Jul 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
wait when Venus was all smiles and happy for Serena, it was a problem because she didn't have a winner's attitude and now that Serena isn't all smiles and happy for Venus then she's a sore loser. :lol: Make up your mind people! :cuckoo:
It's insane isn't it? Yes, Venus fans here really seem to be delusional hypocrites.

tennisbum79
Jul 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I saw the double highlight and it show Serena has recovered from her understandable disappointment.
It would have probably taken longer had not they made the double final.

VS Fan
Jul 6th, 2008, 02:10 PM
While everyone seems to be dumping on Serena for not worshiping her sister for beating her in a hard fought match.
Does ANYONE remember how gracious Serena was to Maria Sharapova in 2004 when she took a thumping in her quest for her THIRD straight Wimbledon???
I think it reminded her a little of her win at the US Open when she was 17 against the world #1 player.

youizahoe
Jul 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
You all are losers. Big time.

If I lose and I don't care to who, I'm just the same, any emotional human being is. Or do you guys think she should jump for joy; 'Oh yeahhh I'm so super duper happy ! I've lost a GS final'. Go figure punks.

Damn you, always need to say something negative. It's pissing me and everyone else off. Even though she might haven't shown any joy for her sister, which she certainly has, she's still the best active champion on the tour.

Brooklyn90
Jul 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Obviously she was upset, she just lost the WIMBLEDON final!!! Of course all of you know how players should act and feel after this because you go through it all the time :rolleyes: I think she was more upset with herself and the chances she had than anything else. And later when they played doubles they were smiling and hugging. So if they can get over it then everyone else should!!!

Slumpsova
Jul 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
While everyone seems to be dumping on Serena for not worshiping her sister for beating her in a hard fought match.
Does ANYONE remember how gracious Serena was to Maria Sharapova in 2004 when she took a thumping in her quest for her THIRD straight Wimbledon???
I think it reminded her a little of her win at the US Open when she was 17 against the world #1 player.
losing to some new comer is one thing. you can blame yourself for that. but losing to your own siser, it's definitely her fault :fiery:

harloo
Jul 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
There's no such thing as a "champion attitude" in losing, as virtually all champions handle it differently.

:rolleyes: I guess Nav' didn't have a "champion's attitude" when she lost either. Cause her attitude was stank too.

This is typical stuff from you, Lady D. The same kinda of subtle back stab you would you would do at venusSerenafans forum.

It's amazing that ladydiana shows up on wtaworld when Venus gets close to winning the title. :tape: I remember how she bashed Serena on the venusserenafans site and I see nothing has changed. The poster is still bitter after all these years.
:tape::lol:

Jakeev
Jul 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Oh please. The fact she is not happy with the outcome proves how desperate she wanted to win the title, regardless of who beat her in the final.

Sorry but what a screwed up thread.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM

:worship:

Harvs
Jul 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
mm she could certinaly take some lessons on how to lose gracefully from her big sister

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
From what I saw when I finally woke up and turned on the match at 7-5, 2-1 Venus, is that Serena did not play well in that second set. Worse, she was mopey about it, and did not snap out of it and raise her game. Venus played terrific and took advantage of a slower Serena who did not rise to the occasion when she was under the gun.

No wonder Serena was disappointed. I'm sure that she is happy for Venus. In fact, she says so in her presser. But I'm just as sure that she's disappointed in her own fight in this match. After she broke Venus early in the second and then Venus broke back, Venus broke Serena's emotional back. I don't think that Serena is used to having that happen to her. I don't think she's used to someone out serving her, out hitting her, out volleying her, out moving her. She was outplayed, partly because of her mopey behavior and not moving past her disappointments and playing each point for itself. She kept remembering the past failed play. I think Serena was schooled by Venus here, as Venus didn't allow a little let down play keep her from rising to the next level. Serena did. She's disappointed about that. She did not give a good fight in that last set. Hopefully, she can learn from it, and show people who is the bitch to be reckoned with on hard courts!

:yeah:

ROAD TRIP! Serena, it's time to shine on the road trip going into the US Open. Venus is the vitch on grass, but you're the bitch on hard courts.

Her kicker will certainly be more effective on HC, so...we'll see :shrug:

I don't see ANY reason, why, if Venus and Serena are in the top 10 (or ESPECIALLY in the top 5), shouldn't be seeded 1 and 2 respectively. :o

Harvs
Jul 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM

I don't see ANY reason, why, if Venus and Serena are in the top 10 (or ESPECIALLY in the top 5), shouldn't be seeded 1 and 2 respectively. :o

for the most part, they just respect the rankings with the women.

its not like the mens... where they change it alot

thats just wimby... the top seed isnt necessarily the fave

Harvs
Jul 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM

for the most part, they just respect the rankings with the women.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
...;13574921']for the most part, they just respect the rankings with the women.

then what's the point of seeding? :scratch:

I mean, if they do it for the men, there's no reason they shouldn't do it for the women :shrug: