PDA

View Full Version : What qualities do two of your favorite players share?

IceSkaTennisFan
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Pick 2 of your favorite players and describe the traits they share and check their horoscope as a pair to predict whether a potential match-up would be favorable.

My favorites are Serena and Nadal. The biggest things they have in common, aside from their backsides :angel:, are consistency and fighting spirit. It's interesting to me how much more mental a game women's tennis is sometimes made out to be than men's tennis (since Serena's mental game is one of her commonly stated strengths), but I will say that both of these players can play with their opponents' minds. With Serena it's been Sharapova that she has toyed with. With Nadal it's been Federer.

I just thought it would be fun to check their signs. Serena is a Libra and Nadal is a Gemini. Here is their horoscope as a pairing :lol:

This is tied with Aquarius as your number-one soulmate love match. A Gemini boy is an ideal partner for a Libra girl. The chemistry between you will be sizzling and your kissing sessions will be filled with fireworks! You will be excited by his outgoing, sociable personality and you'll find him a very charming guy. You two will have amazing conversations together, because you both have intelligent minds and you're well-matched intellectually. This relationship can make you both feel confident and wonderful in all departments. The only problem: you both have a lot of trouble making decisions. If you can live with that, though, you'll do very well with a Gemini boy. A soulmate match. ( Source: Jellybean's Astro-Soulmate Guide )

Thrilling and passionate! Both air signs, Libra girl is both inspired and captivated by Gemini boy, who is never at a loss for words (or deeds) of love. It's a true case of mutual attraction at its finest, so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! (Source: FUNgirl - Astrology )
source:http://www.dressking.com/horoscope/index.htm

AnomyBC
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hmmm.... they all like tennis?

LudwigDvorak
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
They suck.

I'll make a more serious edit to this post later tomorrow. But I don't want to forget this thread.

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:37 AM
They are chokers. :o :sad:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Daniela and Daniela...THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!

darrinbaker00
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:20 AM
What qualities do two of my favorite players share? DNA. ;)

kittyking
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
That's easy, one is a Barbie Doll and the other is Ken :p

Droolv
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Both Aussies :angel:

Danči Dementia
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:27 AM
They are hot.

:lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
They shared a bunk bed when they were younger :shrug:

Adal
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Only have one fave :shrug:

So Disrespectful
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
They both have big forehands.

Nikkiri
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
They are chokers. :o :sad:

:haha: :hug:

Josh.
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Smooth, flat groundstrokes :drool:

LudwigDvorak
Jul 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
They suck.

I'll make a more serious edit to this post later tomorrow. But I don't want to forget this thread.

I've often thought about this before. "What makes my favorites my favorites?"

The main thing I've noticed is that they're all kind of underachievers with loads of talent or wasted potential, usually a mix of both, for whatever reason.

I tend to root for accomplished players who aren't the best of the best just because it makes it more interesting for me. The lows suck, but the highs are incredible.

That's why Elena is probably my favorite player. She's the culmination of probably everything I just said--and she AFR too. :hearts: Venus is 100x better but outside Wimbledon, concerning Venus, both are very very similar.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Both Venus and Steph are incredibly fast on court. Weirdly, that's the only similarity I can find. They both are incredibly inspiring to me in their own rights though.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
They have loopy (um... funky? TM Serena) forehands... :tape:

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
They have a reputation of being part-time tennis players from time to time.

Malva
Jul 6th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I have currently only one.

I picked her exclusively because of the elegance, beauty, and intelligence in her game paired with great spirit on the court -- all four increasingly rare commodities in Ladies' tennis.

I admire her especially for how much she achieves without relying on power in any of her shots. If because of this she never wins a grand slam, or reaches #1 -- so be it -- I prefer beauty over power and winning at any cost.