PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wimbledon Girls' Final: (3) Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) vs. Laura Robson (GBR)

Derek.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
This should be an exciting final as both girls have played fantastic tennis to reach the final. :)

I think Robson will win in 2 close sets or 3 sets.

FORZA SARITA
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thai on grass are tough:unsure:
hope Laura can win in 2.
Who's the player in your avy?:p

Tennis-Chick
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen Lertcheewakarn play but I've watched a couple of Robson's matches so far and I like the way she plays, hopefully Laura will win in a close match.

Derek.
Thai on grass are tough:unsure:
hope Laura can win in 2.
Who's the player in your avy?:p

Hendler.

Dawson.
laura in 3..... hopefully!
i've never seen the other girl play though so i dont know

Destiny
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Laura coz all a nations hope relies on her

Hope she pulls through

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM
c'mon Laura !!!!!!!!

Alizé Molik
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
go nopcorn!

Tennis-Chick
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I just realised this is Laura's first Grand Slam as well! :eek: Very impressive to get to the final at your first attempt :worship:

Nicky_608
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Good luck Noppawan

Slumpsova
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
:eek: :bowdown: Noppawan.

young_gunner913
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Come on Noppawan! :armed:

Zoeki
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Noppawan.Oh, i have seen her playing last year.She is full of talents.
To be another seles!Come on@

-sugi-
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I hope Noppawan wins, but I think Laura will. She has been playing really well.

nouf
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
i met noppawan in roland garros i like this girl
she is very crazy lol
i think laura will take the title and i say go nokky! :-)

Kai
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Go Noppawan :D

Vut
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
i hope Nok will win!!!!

égalité
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Noppawan :hearts:

But I like Laura. She reminds me of a Patty Schnyder that can play on grass. :tape:

HTE
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hoping for Laura, but she's performed far beyond what could be expected of her. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad thing if she lost the final. Tennis Britain will be all over the next 10 years if she takes the title as a 14 year old and fails to make it to the top of the seniors shortly after.

Should be a good final in any case :)

DennisPostedThis
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I hope Noppawan can take the next big step here. Tammy made the finals of Wimbledon Juniors too, hopefully she can take the next step.

jonny84
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I hope Laura can make it. Good to have British interest (even though she was born in Melbourne, I know) in an event. If she wins she'll get a WC for main draw next year which would be good and am sure Eastbourne/Birmingham would give her one too for next year!

dybbuk
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Robson in two sets. She is much more impressive. Hendler had the match to win or lose in Lertcheewakarn's semi, she was usually the one dictating play. Lertcheewakarn isn't able to force play enough, she pushes a lot of the time as well. Not much special there. :shrug:

KV
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Laura

Nicolás89
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Great Britain will collapse with any result.

OZTENNIS
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Never, ever would have thought that either of these (particularly Lertcheewakarn) would be in the junior Wimbledon final. I saw Lertcheeawkarn play at the Australian Open and that she was good, but not outstanding. I mean Jessica Moore beat her 6-1 6-2. But Jess was on a hot streak then, and I guess I have under-estimated her...
Great for Thai tennis, I assume her hard, flat groundstrokes have taken well to the grass.

As for Laura, she is simply amazing...not that I have seen her play, yet...but because she has won match after match against girls up to four years older than her...if she wins, she will be the youngest Junior Grand Slam champion since when?
Unfortunately she can't play at the Junior US Open due to age restrictions, but she said she wants to come out to play in Australia next season...

GOING FOR LAURA IN 2 ;)

DennisPostedThis
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
OMG I totally forgot about the WC into the MD that usually happens! I hope Noppawan wins even more so in this case, if Laura keeps on progressing she'll get WCs anyway.

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Laura..........I can´t even write the other girl´s name :shrug: :help: :tape:

Tennistourer
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Laura beat Noppawan on grass in the junior event in Eastbourne, just before Wimbledon. There's no specific mention of the 'round-robin' results, but I recall seeing Laura and being stunned to learn she is just 14. Her game is very good and I think she will win tomorrow. Oops, that's jinxed her now ....

see http://www.lta.org.uk/News/All-news-items/WC16-06-08/Robson-wins-junior-event-in-Eastbourne/

Juanes
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:49 AM
today will be Noppawan bad as Romana yesterday... :lol: Britain needs to have your queen ... doesnt matter who will be on other side of court....

but good luck to her.. she deserves it ... she played really well yesterday... :worship:

3Dcool
Jul 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Laura robson has to take it (:

Dodoboy.
Jul 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Noppa is super rad.

I loved her reaction on MP!

BUT COME ON LAURA!!

babuska6
Jul 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM
laura robson :)

but i am so disappointed that romana is not there :(