PDA

View Full Version : Junior Wimbledon SF: L. Robson (GBR) def. R. Tabakova (SVK) 6-2, 7-5

Dawson.
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
:woohoo: well done Laura!
Tabakova was a bad sport! fake injury time out, underarm serving and a toilet break after 27 minutes! im soooo glad she lost! thoses ADJES were a lot worse than Ivanovic's too!
good luck in the final Laura :yeah: :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
well done Laura :woohoo: :D :)

i bet they put her on C2 for tomorrow :rolleyes:
any other slam would put one of their home players in a jr final on of the main courts

chris whiteside
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Brilliant and well deserved!!!!!

Derek.
Great job, Laura! :worship:

Fantastic stuff on the crucial points. :yeah:

Good tournament from Romana. :hug:

John.
:woohoo:

vadin124
the WTA has a new Henin, using sportsmanship to try and throw Robson off...

that underarm serve at 3-4 40-30 2nd set was pathetic, even more so than the grin she made after serving it!

loving Laura Robson, a big game AND mentally tough

come on Laura, glad she came through this in straights

FORZA SARITA
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Congrats Laura:bigclap:

Destiny
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Yesss

Great Match Laura happy she won

Keep going babes

Destiny
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:45 PM
:bigclap:

Dawson.
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
well done Laura :woohoo: :D :)

i bet they put her on C2 for tomorrow :rolleyes:
any other slam would put one of their home players in a jr final on of the main courts

They should put her on court 1, but they probably wont :(
the atmosphere on court 3 today was great

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Romana :shrug:

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I cannot believe I've found a Slovakian player I don't like, but I suppose there's a first for everything (not just the crap, but the cheering after her opponent's errors too, the glaring down the court, etc. :o). How embarrassing to use all that gamesmanship and still lose :tape:. Better player by far won, good luck in the final Laura :yeah:

Tennis-Chick
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Well done Laura, great match!!
She is so mentally tough and her interview last night was really great too. :yeah:

nouf
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
great match laura sad for romana
matchpoint is coming

Juanes
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
congrats Laura!

Romi... it was awesome week, i enjoy on your next tournaments in WTA tour! come on! climb your ranking!

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Underarm ace?! :eek: Sneaky bitch! :lol: Go Laura!! :bounce:

iPatty
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I knew Romana was a bad sport, just a disrespectful player all around. No need for that in professional tennis. Congratulations to Laura for staying focused.

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Underarm ace?! :eek:
She was still laughing about it a couple of points into the next game ... :tape:

Adal
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I want a video of that underarm serve :)

vadin124
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I liked Robson's reaction to the underarm serve, shows what a classy character she already is...

she just laughed and got on with it

Juanes
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
underarm ace... wow!!! :lol: what an ace!!!... tennis doesnt say, how to serve ... only to serve it to the court!

btw. Laura, learn to run ... :lol: :p

eck
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM

that underarm serve at 3-4 40-30 2nd set was pathetic, even more so than the grin she made after serving it!

:lol: Yeah Justine made underarm serving during a match :weirdo:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Laura :bounce:

Kutuzova
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Great Job Laura...she is star in the making

as for Tabakova..this was a one time thing...i would be shocked if she made it as a pro..she has no game

should have been blown off the court by Polona in the QF, but Polona was awful that day

Take the whole thing Laura!!!

Maryamator
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
:rocker2: good luck in the final

clonesheep
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Laura's mom is hot! She is the one in sunglass sitting next to Nigel Sears.

Wintermute
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:44 PM
:bounce: Great result again Laura! Now let's go and win the title!

Cat's Pajamas
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
wow Laura is on fire. :worship:

Win the title! :yeah:

Romana :( Good run but you have a lot of maturing to do first.

patch.
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
This is girl is good :yeah: congrats Laura :D
I just hope they dont put too much pressure on her after Wimbledon :unsure:

Noctis
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Shes 14,Few more years till she become proffesional :sad: COMR ON LAURA WIN JUNIORS

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Shes 14,Few more years till she become proffesional :sad:
She said she's going to start tournaments at the end of the year, which really surprised me, but then again she has a better serve than quite a few of the top 20, so why not?

johnoo
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
here's the underarm serve if any one wants to see it,you can stick it om youtube if some one wants to.
http://rapidshare.com/files/127089089/underarm_serve.mpg
copy and paste if direct link don't work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/127089089/underarm_serve.mpg

sunsfuns
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
She said she's going to start tournaments at the end of the year, which really surprised me, but then again she has a better serve than quite a few of the top 20, so why not?

Why not? She can't play very many anyway... Some past greats started at her age too...

LDF
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Laura :woohoo: Good luck in the final! :D

Groenefelder25
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
yeah! come on! :woohoo:

Langers
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM

She did that? In JUNIORS? What a joke. :o

Fat chance of her amounting to anything...

Monica_Rules
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Great stuff Laura and well done to saty composed. i hope Tabakova doesn't get far, too many sillt games she plays. toilet breaks, 'injury' time out and then the serve. Great reaction for the crowd Loved it.

Vespertine69
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Go Laura! Great result, hope she can keep it going.

Tabakova behaved pretty poorly indeed, but I think maybe we should give her a break... it's tough for a lot of young players who are brought up a certain way and to win (or try to) at any cost... having said that, I don't know anything about her upbringing in particular, but I still think it's worth giving people so young the benefit of the doubt rather than damning them off the bat for an initially dreadful attitude.

HTE
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Go Laura! Great result, hope she can keep it going.

Tabakova behaved pretty poorly indeed, but I think maybe we should give her a break... it's tough for a lot of young players who are brought up a certain way and to win (or try to) at any cost... having said that, I don't know anything about her upbringing in particular, but I still think it's worth giving people so young the benefit of the doubt rather than damning them off the bat for an initially dreadful attitude.

Precisely :)

Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with serving an underarm serve.

LeonHart
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
It was an entertaining match :lol:

I'm starting to like Laura!

Play_Suspended
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Should be a good match. Scheduled for court 1, thats quite a lot of pressure on laura seeing as they played the final on court 2 last year and so its basically been moved due to her. Anyway c'mon laura!

Juanes
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM
She did that? In JUNIORS? What a joke. :o

Fat chance of her amounting to anything...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9kAv7X6oiY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9kAv7X6oiY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://img172.imagevenue.com/loc852/th_94189_1_122_852lo.jpg (http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=94189_1_122_852lo.jpg)
http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc726/th_94236_2_122_726lo.jpg (http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=94236_2_122_726lo.jpg)
Laura was maximally concentrated by return as for all serves of Romana.... nothing special.... look at the pics...

http://img19.imagevenue.com/loc802/th_94280_3_122_802lo.jpg (http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=94280_3_122_802lo.jpg)
Romana is regullary serving ... she is hitting court (it wasnt out), Laura didnt walk... tennis doesnt say, how to serve ...

http://img106.imagevenue.com/loc889/th_94345_4_122_889lo.jpg (http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=94345_4_122_889lo.jpg)
she cant believe, but it is only her problem, she should to run and hit this ball... :p

... i dont understand, what are you talking about.... tennis doesnt say, how to serve.... so whatīs up? it is normal and regular point.... Laura wasnīt concentrated, it is her and her problem.... Laura should to be concentrated and to make winning return, because it was so slow and poor serve...

and reaction of Laura - :weirdo: - it was her problem that she stay too far from background

and other spectators in that court - :cuckoo: doesnīt matter if that do other players or not, it was regular point, and if you dont like it, you should to change The Rules of Tennis and not to whistle like poeople with intelligence quotient minus 2 in summer.... :p

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Romi :hug:

CooCooCachoo
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Didn't see the match, but I don't ever get why people think underarm serving is unsportsmanlike. It's all allowed :shrug: I think it's smart when players implement it, but oh well.

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
... i dont understand, what are you talking about.... tennis doesnt say, how to serve.... so whatīs up? it is normal and regular point.... Laura wasnīt concentrated, it is her and her problem.... Laura should to be concentrated and to make winning return, because it was so slow and poor serve...

and reaction of Laura - :weirdo: - it was her problem that she stay too far from background

and other spectators in that court - :cuckoo: doesnīt matter if that do other players or not, it was regular point, and if you dont like it, you should to change The Rules of Tennis and not to whistle like poeople with intelligence quotient minus 2 in summer.... :p
I think the reaction is not that she served underarm, but that this was merely the nadir of a catalogue of attempted gamesmanship. Loses set in 27 mins, takes a toilet break. Gets to 3-0 up in the 2nd set but when Robson breaks back? Trainer called on court for multiple cramps? Added to that the Ivanovic-ing after Laura's UEs and general on court demeanour (repeatedly laughing after the underarm serve as she was still doing it at 30-0 in the next game, glares and fist pumps down the court, complaining about calls that weren't even close, being foot-faulted by no less than 4 seperate linesmen, etc.) it was the nadir of her desperate behaviour.

I almost inherently like *anything* Slovakian on a tennis court, but she was just flat out embarrassing today. Robson said afterwards that she didn't have a problem with the underarm as it proved to her how desperate Tabakova was and how it was a compliment to her that she had to resort to it. For the crowd it was probably one trick too many.

HTE
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think the reaction is not that she served underarm, but that this was merely the nadir of a catalogue of attempted gamesmanship. Loses set in 27 mins, takes a toilet break. Gets to 3-0 up in the 2nd set but when Robson breaks back? Trainer called on court for multiple cramps? Added to that the Ivanovic-ing after Laura's UEs and general on court demeanour (repeatedly laughing after the underarm serve as she was still doing it at 30-0 in the next game, glares and fist pumps down the court, complaining about calls that weren't even close, being foot-faulted by no less than 4 seperate linesmen, etc.) it was the nadir of her desperate behaviour.

I almost inherently like *anything* Slovakian on a tennis court, but she was just flat out embarrassing today. Robson said afterwards that she didn't have a problem with the underarm as it proved to her how desperate Tabakova was and how it was a compliment to her that she had to resort to it. For the crowd it was probably one trick too many.

Surely not the nicest behaviour to exhibit, but how can we blame the juniors when the pros are doing exactly the same thing over and over?

Juanes
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM

that Romana does that, that it but other section.... upmiree should to say her that her break was too long and give her discipline....

.... if Laura doesnt have problem with underarm serve, so what a reaction then? i dont understand.... and other spectators too.... Romana got winner (ace) and people dont clap their hands .... but whistle.... :help: :smash: :cuckoo:

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Surely not the nicest behaviour to exhibit, but how can we blame the juniors when the pros are doing exactly the same thing over and over?

:worship:

I don't think Romana was doing all of that to cheat. She doesn't seem like that type of person.

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I totally agree. Hingis used to be the queen of it before they brought in the rules, but even then something like last year with Serena against Hantuchova with her repeatedly trying to take a toilet break before Dani's serve but then when told twice she could go before her own she ignored it. The example is set from the top. Whatever it takes.

In this one, at the time with the toilet break I thought ... well, she *can't* need to go but then we see this all the time from pros and it's probably more for her to get her stuff together than anything else (take Elena in the semifinal for the most recent example). It's a case that if it was just the break to get her stuff together then people would understand. 5 games later taking a break to have your thighs iced though you do begin to question the motives, which is why I think the underarm got such a bad reaction from the crowd as it was a cumulative effect.

When you had the world #1 shouting "ALLEZ!" when an opponent nets the first point of a game, kids watching are going to see that and think that's acceptable behaviour. The current #1 does it too and we saw Romana "AJDE!"ing all over the place, primarily off opponents' errors. I wish that was something commentators layed into (the last time I remember anything like that being mentioned was Ana's screaming and fist pumps down the court rather than to her camp at the YEC), but then again most commentators chastise the grunting and that doesn't stop *anyone* doing it. I even saw a group of kids come on to do a demonstration at the Birmingham event the other week and there was a little boy, not even 10 grunting away like Nadal - I even said "My god, do they actually teach these kids to do this?" :lol:

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Didn't see the match, but I don't ever get why people think underarm serving is unsportsmanlike. It's all allowed :shrug: I think it's smart when players implement it, but oh well.

I don´t think its unsportman like either.......you know GM is full of haters....

I remember that Kournikova did the same in Acapulco.....and everyone clapped and shout because she was serving like shit and finally that one went in :lol::lol:

babsi
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well done Laura! And she said in her interview that the underarm serve motivated her as it looked like Tabakova was desperate to try anything. Don't show any sign of weakness and it will be jumped on, she may have won the point but not the match.

patch.
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Watching the match back, I think Robson has a future in the sport and Tabakova, simply, hasnt.

dybbuk
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Congrats Laura! She's really impressive for a 14 year old. I hope she wins the title.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I saw the match, Tabakova is such a bitch! I don't like her at all!

Congrats to Laura though. I think in the future her forehand will be a lot like Patty's.

SOA_MC
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
How old is Tabakova? calling a kid a bitch doesn't show much class at all:rolleyes:

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
She's 17.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who she reminded of Ivanovic!! She even did the squeal, argh! :rolleyes:

That interview with Laura was charming. I hope she does well tomorrow.

Taz Warrior
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM

I agree....I don't understand why players don't use it more often :shrug:

SOA_MC
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
She's 17.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who she reminded of Ivanovic!! She even did the squeal, argh! :rolleyes:

She takes injury timeouts like Jankovic as well

Stingray
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:38 PM
that Romana does that, that it but other section.... upmiree should to say her that her break was too long and give her discipline....

.... if Laura doesnt have problem with underarm serve, so what a reaction then? i dont understand.... and other spectators too.... Romana got winner (ace) and people dont clap their hands .... but whistle.... :help: :smash: :cuckoo:

I think the point is, as has been stated, that she was clearly using gamesmanship quite a lot in this match (the serve being just one example), and whilst she didn't break any rules, it was a bit unsportsmanlike the way she behaved. In particular the CONSTANT Ajdes whenever an Unforced error was hit. But like has been said, she is young and hopefully this was just her getting a bit desperate and running out of ideas. The main thing is that the better player won :D

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I don't like that girl smirking after :( The umpire sounded deeply unimpressed :lol: Laura's reaction made me smile.

Was that completely neccesary? I said nothing about the injury time out, I don't know if it was genuine or not. I'm not inclined to justify myself (or Jelena) to someone who picks fights.

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Junior do learn from the pros......what is the bid deal.....Romana is packing her bags so leave her alone....

Dav.
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Romana is surely going to be very good with so much hate already. :lol:

Great tourney for her. :hug:

Congrats to Laura, I hope she takes the title tomorrow!

dybbuk
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I think the point is, as has been stated, that she was clearly using gamesmanship quite a lot in this match (the serve being just one example), and whilst she didn't break any rules, it was a bit unsportsmanlike the way she behaved. In particular the CONSTANT Ajdes whenever an Unforced error was hit. But like has been said, she is young and hopefully this was just her getting a bit desperate and running out of ideas. The main thing is that the better player won :D

Agreed completely. Romana is a bad sport, I don't think anyone can refute that. It's not just one thing or another, she's constantly showing she is throughout entire matches. She screams "ajde!" after double faults and errors, she takes very convenient breaks, the underarm serve, she even fist pumped to herself after Hercog missed a first serve in their QF. With that said, calling her a bitch and such like is a little overboard. She's still a junior, if she gets in with the big girls and is still doing this, that will be one thing. She needs time to grow up though.

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Many players scream ajde, podme, come on , vamos or whatever after their opponents make mistakes....I mean its not like she is doing something we haven´t seen before....:shrug:
We see such behaviour everytime----

I agree with you she will have time to grow....

SOA_MC
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Was that completely neccesary? I said nothing about the injury time out, I don't know if it was genuine or not. I'm not inclined to justify myself (or Jelena) to someone who picks fights.

And bringing up Ana was neccesary?:rolleyes:

She's 17.

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Age has nothing to do with it. Wozniacki is 17, and has heaps more maturity and class than many players 10 years her senior.

But whatever, she lost, I'll leave her alone now. But she won't inspire many to support her if she carries on this behaviour.

She did remind me of Ana! Someone said so in the thread before me. Sorry if me saying so offended you in some way.

JAMESYBABY!
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
shes on court 1 :eek: second aswell so i might be able to see her:eek:

win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

is there challenge system on court 1?

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Court 1 is a lot of pressure for her to take. I hope she can handle it.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Both girls are learning every day. Laura herself said about one of the line judges that she obviously can't see. :shrug:

I don't believe Romana did all of that to be disrespectful but who knows? Either way, the better player won today. I'm excited for Laura's game and she has such a bright personality.

Court 1. :eek: I think she'll be fine though. She has great mental strength.

Andreas
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I liked the underarm service :lol:
Anyway, I like Laura a lot. I hope she wins :)

Becool
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM
tabakova is a bitch

Danči Dementia
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM
But she won't inspire many to support her if she carries on this behaviour.

Have you seen the way she looks????
I mean Anna K. had or HAS the hell of a lot of fans and I don´t think it is because of her tennis.. so :shrug:

Cat123
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:23 PM
:rolleyes: If that's the only criteria you have for picking favourites then go *right* ahead...

mure
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM

muahaha..nice answer

Danči Dementia
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes: If that's the only criteria you have for picking favourites then go *right* ahead...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When did I said that was my criteria??? :weirdo: :weirdo:

I was just telling the truth.
Lets be honest if Sharapova wasn´t that "hot" she wouldn´t have the ammount of fans she has....redardless of being former number one and 3 times GS winners.....and you know it so :shrug:.....part of her fan base is due to her "beauty"
The same with Kournikova......even when she never won anything.....with her it was all about good looks....

LeonHart
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Have you seen the way she looks????
I mean Anna K. had or HAS the hell of a lot of fans and I donīt think it is because of her tennis.. so :shrug:

Have you seen Anna play? :weirdo:

Yes she's smokin' hot but her game was great to watch too.

Shepster
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Lets be honest if Sharapova wasn´t that "hot" she wouldn´t have the ammount of fans she has....redardless of being former number one and 3 times GS winners.....and you know it so :shrug:.....part of her fan base is due to her "beauty"
The same with Kournikova......even when she never won anything.....with her it was all about good looks....
If there isn't an attractive, successful game to back it up, good looks mean nothing. Kournikova may have "never won anything", but she got her fans by raping her way to the Wimbledon semifinals. Is she any hotter than Maria Kirilenko? Not particularly, but then Masha doesn't regularly get to the second week of slams (which Kournikova did even as a singles player and almost always went out to top players). Doesn't matter that Kirilenko's won Tier II, IIIs and IVs because that doesn't make people in the wider sense stand up and take notice. Does the beauty add to the fanbase? Of course, but unless you're Top 10 good (which Anna was) not many people will care how good looking you are.

Danči Dementia
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Have you seen Anna play? :weirdo:

Yes she's smokin' hot but her game was great to watch too.

I have seen her playing.....and live :p ;)

So if her game was great why she NEVER won a tourney??? :rolleyes: :weirdo:

Danči Dementia
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:26 AM
If there isn't an attractive, successful game to back it up, good looks mean nothing. Kournikova may have "never won anything", but she got her fans by raping her way to the Wimbledon semifinals. Is she any hotter than Maria Kirilenko? Not particularly, but then Masha doesn't regularly get to the second week of slams (which Kournikova did even as a singles player and almost always went out to top players). Doesn't matter that Kirilenko's won Tier II, IIIs and IVs because that doesn't make people in the wider sense stand up and take notice. Does the beauty add to the fanbase? Of course, but unless you're Top 10 good (which Anna was) not many people will care how good looking you are.

then what??? :shrug:
Remember Romana is still junior............:shrug:

xan
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Tabakova! She makes Vaidisova look angelic!!!

iPatty
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:33 AM
:worship:

I don't think Romana was doing all of that to cheat. She doesn't seem like that type of person.

Anyone who shouts obnoxiously when their opponents make errors and glare at them is exactly that type of person.

ZAK
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:46 AM
This is definitely one of the strangest matches I've seen. First of all, Robson palyed very well. Tabakova's performance was more unusual. I mean she's not a bad player but the underarm serve, the weird slice forehands, etc. were just out of place and didn't really help her.

Langers
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:50 AM
It was a scumbag move.

RND
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:30 AM
To be honest I actually like it.It's a smart change to win a point.But the glare to the umpire waiting to hear he calls the point,and the big grin following are pretty annoying really :tape:

And I didn't watch the match.

If she was really behaving so poorly throughout the match,with all the gamesmanship,the shot understandably would look quite pathetic.

So I agree to both sides,it's a clever move,but the way she uses it is very unsportsmanlike.

Congrats to Robson. 14!? :eek: Hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed with all the pressure on her after this wonderful run.

Jakeev
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:45 AM
WOW I didn't expect Laura to get to a Junior Slam final for a few more years so how fitting it's at Wimbledon. The fact it's been 24 years since Annabel Croft won the title has got to be exciting for her.

Good luck to her and Noppawan Lertcheewakarn in the final.

FORZA SARITA
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Anyone who shouts obnoxiously when their opponents make errors and glare at them is exactly that type of person.

there are top players that do the same:lol: at least Romana is still young and can change:bounce:

Juanes
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM
wake up boys and girls!!!.... underarm serve is regular point!!!... i canīt believe, that you say that it is unsportsmanlike .... :help:

Jankovic needs breaks in every match and all is ok... this girl had problems with her back before this tournament.... she wasnīt ok....

OZTENNIS
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:16 AM
wake up boys and girls!!!.... underarm serve is regular point!!!... i canīt believe, that you say that it is unsportsmanlike .... :help:

Jankovic needs breaks in every match and all is ok... this girl had problems with her back before this tournament.... she wasnīt ok....
lmao, so you are saying that she hit an underarm serve because she had a sore back before the tournament? I don't think she would be in the semi finals of Junior Wimbledon if she had any problems, and she would have served underarm before this point.

And no, it is not a regular point, how many other players do you see doing it? Michael Chang did it because he was cramping at the 1989 French Open, Martina Hingis at the 199 French open because she was having brain cramps...Tabakova was smiling and laughing about it when she hit it...she may be a good player but she comes across as a stuck up biatch...

Juanes
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
lmao, so you are saying that she hit an underarm serve because she had a sore back before the tournament? I don't think she would be in the semi finals of Junior Wimbledon if she had any problems, and she would have served underarm before this point.

And no, it is not a regular point, how many other players do you see doing it? Michael Chang did it because he was cramping at the 1989 French Open, Martina Hingis at the 199 French open because she was having brain cramps...Tabakova was smiling and laughing about it when she hit it...she may be a good player but she comes across as a stuck up biatch...

yeah, she had problems with her back.... i know it, that can say nouf too... he knows about it too....

if you think, that is not regular point, you should to write to ITF or WTA that they need change rules of tennis...

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:38 AM

It's over the top and unnecessary but not obnoxious. She can be a bitch or Mother Theresa but I don't think fist pumping at an opponent's error is obnoxious. She could be fist pumping the fact that the POINT is HERS. She's still young.

And the grinning is the way she is. She's a ditz. :shrug:

Juanes
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:52 AM
It's over the top and unnecessary but not obnoxious. She can be a bitch or Mother Theresa but I don't think fist pumping at an opponent's error is obnoxious. She could be fist pumping the fact that the POINT is HERS. She's still young.

And the grinning is the way she is. She's a ditz. :shrug:

:yeah:

Nikkiri
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Age has nothing to do with it. Wozniacki is 17, and has heaps more maturity and class than many players 10 years her senior.

But whatever, she lost, I'll leave her alone now. But she won't inspire many to support her if she carries on this behaviour.

She did remind me of Ana! Someone said so in the thread before me. Sorry if me saying so offended you in some way.

And maybe the injury timeouts reminded him of Jankovic. :rolleyes:

Cat123
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Because she's the *only* player on tour to take injury timeouts?

Nikkiri
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just like Ana's the *only* player to celebrate opponents errors?

Dodoboy.
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Romana was distasteful!

I am delighted for Laura!

Cat123
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Why do you think the only reason she reminds me of Ana is the fist pump at errors? It's really not. :rolleyes: It's her look, her body language... And when she squealed at an error she meade! :lol:

Nikkiri
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Why do you think the only reason she reminds me of Ana is the fist pump at errors? It's really not. :rolleyes: It's her look, her body language... And when she squealed at an error she meade! :lol:

I don't really care why. But if you're going to talk about another player don't get upset when someone brings up another who just happens to be your fave. :)

Cat123
Jul 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't if it it was a valid point, but it just felt like a dig at me for daring to insult your favourite.

Whatever, I'm over it. Go Laura! :bounce:

JAMESYBABY!
Jul 5th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I have seen her playing.....and live :p ;)

So if her game was great why she NEVER won a tourney??? :rolleyes: :weirdo:

i suggest u keep ur opinions to urself,, this is a thread about larus robson not anne keothavong,, so erm fuck off:)

laura :rocker2:

JAMESYBABY!
Jul 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
damn some people need to get over themslefs here!

serenus_2k8
Jul 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
So happy for Laura :woohoo: She has a really great game and personality.

I cant wait to see if she can win this final!! :bounce:

SVU
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
i suggest u keep ur opinions to urself,, this is a thread about larus robson not anne keothavong,, so erm fuck off:)

laura :rocker2:

:help:

What are you talking about??? They were not talking about Anne Keothavong, they were talking about Kournikova. Since when has Keothavong been in a GS semi-final? If you would have read the posts properly you would have seen that it was Kournikova and not Keothavong. Can you not see the difference between Anna and Anne?

sharapovarulz1
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Nice one Laura, go win the final today :D Tabakova don't be so bloody cheeky girl lol but I like her attitude for some reason!

JAMESYBABY!
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
:help:

What are you talking about??? They were not talking about Anne Keothavong, they were talking about Kournikova. Since when has Keothavong been in a GS semi-final? If you would have read the posts properly you would have seen that it was Kournikova and not Keothavong. Can you not see the difference between Anna and Anne?

tbh i dont actully care :)

Richie's
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:17 PM
She is just smart!!! In this world some stupid people think that being smart is a crime!!! What to say to them... Maybe they are racists??? Who knows... Well Done Romana!!!