PDA

View Full Version : Myskina, Bartoli, Loit etc about the Chinese players

FrenchY52
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.letemps.ch/template/sport.asp?page=11&article=235422
Interesting article

"Jie, Li, Yuan, Sun, Peng. Leur regard suinte l'amour du geste juste et jamais ne scintille. Taille patron: silhouette émaciée, muscles travaillés, port altier. «Elles ne parlent à personne. Elles sont arrogantes et sans égard» (Emilie Loit). «Une fille comme Zheng Jie se prend pour une princesse impériale» (Marion Bartoli). «Elles s'épuiseront vite» (Anastasia Myskina). «On les a vus, c'était hier, qui descendaient jeunes et fiers, le boulevard du temps qui passe» (Georges Brassens). "

I'll just translate the quotes :

It's about Jie Zheng, Na Li, Meng Yuan, Tian Tian Sun, Shuai Peng
Emilie Loit : "They don't speak to anyone. They are arrogant and don't care about others."
Marion Bartoli : "A girl like Zheng thinks she is an Imperial Princess."
Anastasia Myskina : "They will get exhausted soon."

Shuai Peng :

«Regardez ce tee-shirt Nike. Je suis obligée de le porter car la fédération a passé un accord global. Mais moi, je n'ai rien signé, et je ne touche pas un centime pour cette publicité. Je voudrais disposer de mes gains et partir m'entraîner en Floride.»

"Look at this Nike t-shirt. I have to wear it because the CTA signed a "global deal". But I haven't signed anything, and I don't get a pound for wearing it. I'd like to get what I should get and go training in Florida."

Libertango
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
:eek: Thanks for the translations!
Maybe it's just the language barrier holding them back? Jie seems as adorable as can be, really.
I'd love to see a translation of the whole article, to see what exactly is being said.

pancake
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I am sure it's just the language problem. They don't speak English very well.

Libertango
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry, i didn't mean to say that I wanted you to translate the whole thing; I just meant it'd be interesting anyway. Thanks so much for the link and the quotes! :)

nouf
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Interesting article

"Jie, Li, Yuan, Sun, Peng. Leur regard suinte l'amour du geste juste et jamais ne scintille. Taille patron: silhouette émaciée, muscles travaillés, port altier. «Elles ne parlent à personne. Elles sont arrogantes et sans égard» (Emilie Loit). «Une fille comme Zheng Jie se prend pour une princesse impériale» (Marion Bartoli). «Elles s'épuiseront vite» (Anastasia Myskina). «On les a vus, c'était hier, qui descendaient jeunes et fiers, le boulevard du temps qui passe» (Georges Brassens). "

Emilie Loit : "They don't speak to anyone. They are arrogant and don't care about others."

Shuai Peng :

«Regardez ce tee-shirt Nike. Je suis obligée de le porter car la fédération a passé un accord global. Mais moi, je n'ai rien signé, et je ne touche pas un centime pour cette publicité. Je voudrais disposer de mes gains et partir m'entraîner en Floride.»

"Look at this Nike t-shirt. I have to wear it because the CTA signed a "global deal". But I haven't signed anything, and I don't get a pound for wearing it. I'd like to get what I should get and go training in Florida."

why u create always bad thread on players u like war! :tape: put positive thread to change

DennisPostedThis
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Tamarine Tanasugarn called Zheng one of her best friends on tour.

It's interesting. It sort of reminds me of the backlash that many of the top Korean golfers felt when they were emerging on the LPGA. Led by comments by hasbeen former champion Jan Stevenson.

wenijah
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Lol I just came back from Beijing where I've lived 2 years and yeah, they are - just - chinese so it's normal: they are all like that... Different culture, different behaviour... yes.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM
They are just envy.:shrug:

Why didn't they say about Maria?:shrug: :angel:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
It's just language problems. Nothing serious.

The commentator at Wimbledon said something about Jie's English during the Vaidisova match.... if I remember correctly, he said that she can hardly speak any English when she first played at Wimbledon....

nouf
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
if u believe all the medias! lol
i talk with full of players and its ok with chinese players
chinese players are always together but its like that i don't see where is the problem
just a crap thread by crappy frenchy

Libertango
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:08 AM
It's just language problems. Nothing serious.

The commentator at Wimbledon said something about Jie's English during the Vaidisova match.... if I remember correctly, he said that she can hardly speak any English when she first played at Wimbledon....
Tracey Austin said that when Yan/Zheng won the Oz Open doubles in 06, that she could barely give the press conference; all she could really say was "happy" and "thank you"; it's great to see her english is so improved since then.

Noctis
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Chinese players don't Tend to talk much.cause their languae

In The Zone
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I, too, think it is the language. I also think the CTA has them on an incredibly short leash. They are probably brainwashed drones outside the tennis court.

Hard to blame them when the CTA and China are the way they are.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Tracey Austin said that when Yan/Zheng won the Oz Open doubles in 06, that she could barely give the press conference; all she could really say was "happy" and "thank you"; it's great to see her english is so improved since then.

Yeap... she speaks like a lingo teacher now during her interviews ;)

Chunchun
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM
:spit: Talk about bitches...

*Jool*
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
nice to talk about arrogance from Loit when , when you go congratulate her all she sends you back is an icy glance :o

wukenaihe
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
lol

The inhuman China is always good box office. Mediea creates this to cater for the uneducated people who are desperate to find the superiority from China.

lympyisthebest
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Oh the irony, coming from these 3 :lol:

Moonlight Shadow
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I've nothing to say about Bartoli ,bcs she is not welcome even within her compatriots and teammates
BUT ,I was surprised by some person's ignorance above!!!

mariahdg
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
language problems

and these girls are very shy, they are live in a relative close atmosphere since childhood.

hardly contact with the persons from other industries except their family members.

so most of their life partners also are athletes.

Their main business is how to reach their goal. no need to consider other things. I also think this is flaw of our sports system. maybe will effect on athletes' rest of life.

nashi
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
losters:angel:

hdfb
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
1) Language barrier. I was at a high school with many Chinese international students. Being an Australian born Chinese, I became friends with them and they appear to ignore everyone because they are shy!

2) Tamarine is friends with Zheng, Jankovic is friends with Li Na, Yan has stated on her blog she reckons all the girls are really nice and pretty.

lovehotel
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I, too, think it is the language. I also think the CTA has them on an incredibly short leash. They are probably brainwashed drones outside the tennis court.

Hard to blame them when the CTA and China are the way they are.
Nothing to do with CTA and Chinese government, the reasons are culture difference and language barrier.
Just like, there are so many chinese registerers here, but we seldom reply.
BTW, most of the chinese tend to be shy and not offensive.

Rising Sun
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:02 PM
That quote from Shuai must be extremely old. She no longer wears Nike, and I think she has her own deal with Adidas now.

pcrtennis
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sugiyama said the Chinese players were all very nice and friendly. So this article is rediculous...plus Bartoli doesn't seem to get along with anyone...And Loit has always been a bitch.

Wiggly
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Well all the French players are quite arrogant and they all thinks they belong in the top 10. :rolleyes:

vadin124
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
was Marion not complimenting Jie Zheng? :confused:

starin
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
CTA does keep their players no a short lease. I imagne it must be hard for some of the Chinese players to see all their coworkers keeping their monoey, making their own decisions and living their own lives.

Infiniti2001
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I hate it when people mistake the shyness of others for arrogance :rolleyes:

Marty-Dom
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I only had a very limited contact with Chinese people but I can confirm that the culture is very different and Europeans could feel that the Chinese are sometimes being disrespectful and harsh.
For example, Chinese people I met didn't respect others personal space. They would brush up against you without saying anything or looking at you, or reach over you to grab something from the buffet at a breakfast. Little things like that tend to put people off.

frenchie
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I only had a very limited contact with Chinese people but I can confirm that the culture is very different and Europeans could feel that the Chinese are sometimes being disrespectful and harsh.
For example, Chinese people I met didn't respect others personal space. They would brush up against you without saying anything or looking at you, or reach over you to grab something from the buffet at a breakfast. Little things like that tend to put people off.

LOL that's something Marion certainly does too:tape:

Max565
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I can't believe those players said those things...

Max565
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM

:lol::haha:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
This whole thing is kind of sexist anyway. If these were men players, they wouldn't be expected to be "sweet," "adorable," and trade hair and fashion tips.

cocco80
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
These comments just show someone's ignorance about other cultures and people around the world. So in this case it's easy to confuse shyness with arrogance. I'm sure all chinese girls are very nice and humble so I ask myself what would they think about these comments :tape:
People are different. These 3 ladies should learn to deal with that already.

pancake
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM

To be honest, if you only had a VERY LIMITED contact with Chinese people, how can you 'confirm' anything about them? Though yes, the culture is indeed very different.

Maybe you should meet more Chinese people, but yes some Chinese people can be extremely rude and show no respect towards the others.

cocco80
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:22 PM
some Chinese people can be extremely rude and show no respect towards the others.

true. just like europeans can be as these 3 ladies have shown.

Alec
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Their comments just show how pathetic these French bitches are.:devil:

go Jie and Na! :kiss::kiss::kiss::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Harvs
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM
lollllllll

Serenita
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:39 PM
too much bithing if you ask me, let there fucking rackets do the talking.

crazillo
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:10 PM
It is the language, I taught English in a Chinese school for one semester this year and it's kinda hard for them... I do think the players should put more effort into their English but it is hard for them.

moby
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Isn't not associating with those three loonies a positive for the Chinese players?

DimaDinosaur
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Liot, Bartoli, and Nasty sound like jealous bitches. they need to get over themselves actually

rockstar
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM

:spit:

frenchie
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
It is the language, I taught English in a Chinese school for one semester this year and it's kinda hard for them... I do think the players should put more effort into their English but it is hard for them.

Every time I hear one of the chinese player speaking english:tape:
seriously I think my 11 year old cousin could do better:help:

DimaDinosaur
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM

To be fair, China does have 823928390483094 people so there is NO SUCH THING AS PERSONAL SPACE. In fact, there's NO SPACE at all. The concept of having privacy and space is a foreign concept to them. Every space in china is crammed with people and buildings and cars.

Temperenka
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Exactly, I have been to China and it is a totally different ball-game..but not in a bad way at all. They are very friendly when speaking in their own language and do still put in an effort to be friendly when there is a language barrier. I think those 3 women are ignorant and I heard that Bartoli is far from a "winner in the locker room" herself.

MAXSquared
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Don't know much about Loit, but it seems Myskina and Bartoli always b!tchy about something.

-Sonic-
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:32 AM
In Eastbourne, Na Li and Lindsay were having a proper good gossip on the practice courts instead of hitting together, they seemed to know each other really well and were asking each other all sorts of catching up questions, asking each other about their respective injuries, talking about the upcoming Wimbledon etc... they seemed to be loving it.

Pasta-Na
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:36 AM
some of french players :o

DennisPostedThis
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Every time I hear one of the chinese player speaking english:tape:
seriously I think my 11 year old cousin could do better:help:

I'm sure Nastya speaks amazing Chinese. It's much harder to go from Chinese to English then it is to go from one of these other European languages to English.

Also keep in mind many of these Europeans who speak decent English have had experience either living in the US or being on tour and such where these girls have only been traveling internationally really full time in 2004. Not bad for 3.5 years of intermittent language learning.

Danči Dementia
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:44 AM
:spit: Talk about bitches...

:lol:

:yawn:

flyingmachine
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:47 AM

:haha:

Pengwin
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:57 AM
In Eastbourne, Na Li and Lindsay were having a proper good gossip on the practice courts instead of hitting together, they seemed to know each other really well and were asking each other all sorts of catching up questions, asking each other about their respective injuries, talking about the upcoming Wimbledon etc... they seemed to be loving it.

On a totally irrelevant note Davenport (and Agassi) is Li Na's tennis idol.

MAXSquared
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:32 AM

Oh? Were you there or did you read it from somewhere?

BTW who's that in your avatar? Is that Chris Eaten?

spiritedenergy
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Interesting article

Shuai Peng :

:tape: I don't doubt that. They look uptight and always talking about the million people home putting pressure on them, like they are the second coming of Christ and must save the world:rolleyes:

Junex
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:29 AM
:tape: I don't doubt that. They look uptight and always talking about the million people home putting pressure on them, like they are the second coming of Christ and must save the world:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:
still bitter about a chinese lady beating your fave's ass off the grass!!!!!:hearts:

Pasta-Na
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:38 AM

seriously, r u sam l? :tape:

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
French players are bitches except Mary and Momo

Experimentee
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I have spoken to most of the Chinese players and they are indeed friendly, but cant speak English well at all. When I spoke to Jie a few years ago she was looking to her coach to translate for her. I guess they don't speak a lot because they arent confident with their English and dont want to embarass themselves.

Those players are very ignorant for not realising the language barrier.

moby
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Those players are very ignorant for not realising the language barrier.Language barrier, cultural differences. Maybe some racism at work too. There, I said it. :shrug:

Ellery
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Lol, bitter much :tape: I actually liked Marion and Emilie. :sad: :o