PDA

View Full Version : I find it annoying that People are saying Williams Finals are boring

usher3103
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Where there has been grand slams that other people have just gone to pieces in. French Open 2007, Us open 2007, Australian Open 2007 French Open 2005 Us Open 2005. French Open 2004. at least we will be seeing a match against two experienced players playing good tennis at the moment.

Calypso
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I honestly couldn't care less what was said about the final. I'd watch it even if I were the only person seated at Centre Court.

Matt01
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Williams Finals are boring.

In The Zone
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
It all depends on who your favorites are. I thought Henin/Sharapova USO 06, Sharapova/Ivanovic OZ 08 were both boring but I am sure there were others who thought they were great.

Ebb and flows. This is a high tide for the Williams base. But hopefully all those people who find them boring will be bored quite often in the slams to come. :D

Adal
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Finals have been really boring lately. There hasn't been a 3-set final since 2006 Wimbledon.
But from the past experiences, Williams finals haven't been too good in terms of tennis quality, but we'll see how this one goes.

lavigne41
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Finals have been really boring lately. There hasn't been a 3-set final since 2006 Wimbledon.
But from the past experiences, Williams finals haven't been too good in terms of tennis quality, but we'll see how this one goes.

Loving the sig, Adal. Careful people don't bad rep you for it. :p

kittyking
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM

I agree the 2006 final was an absolute thriller!!!

The 2004 one was also very memorable because you had a relative unknown (aka Underdog) against a very well known champion (aka Undertaker).

Destiny
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Lets just hope they are proving wrong when they do play :angel:

Mashafaaaaan
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
It all depends on who your favorites are. I thought Henin/Sharapova USO 06, Sharapova/Ivanovic OZ 08 were both boring but I am sure there were others who thought they were great.

No I don't think so, WS finals are not really exciting, there is always more UE than Winners and I support them, it's just it's not always a good quality when they face each other but things can change BTW Sharapova vs Henin was really great, noone can contest that.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Everyone has their own thoughts/taste/whatever.:shrug:
You can't expect to everyone likes what YOU like.:o

Adal
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Loving the sig, Adal. Careful people don't bad rep you for it. :p
Hopefully people understand that it's a sarcasm :scared:

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Where there has been grand slams that other people have just gone to pieces in. French Open 2007, Us open 2007, Australian Open 2007 French Open 2005 Us Open 2005. French Open 2004. at least we will be seeing a match against two experienced players playing good tennis at the moment.

:shrug: Not everyone in a Willams sisters fan, so there are bound to be people who find it boring.

frenchie
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
No I find them interesting because you can see there's tension and respect between them!

Rik.
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I just think it's boring :shrug:

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
No I find them interesting because you can see there's tension and respect between them!

Normally matches between the sisters are kinda crappy - which is a pity, because they should be good matches, but they usually end up being fizzers.

Mackep83
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Very very very boring, cause I hate both williams sisters.

The only good thing with the sisters is Serenas serve, most beautiful serve on the wta tour

Mynarco
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Yup, it's boring so what?

Mackep83
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
One question, whats wrong with Venus hair? Does she have hair at all under that stupid keps??

Mackep83
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Looks like she is wearing a fluffy beaver on her head

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Well, they seem to have been talking it up nicely lately....soo, maybe we could get some nice drama.

Lolo8
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I think alot of people are overreacting about the Williams being in the finals and calling them boring. Its really a rare occurrence . It doesn't happen often so I don't understand why people are doing so much complaining. With the exception of the 2005 Wimbledon final most of the womens finals haven't been stellar. I was told by someone that the reason why people don't want to see Vee and Ree is because their not attractive so that makes their matches a turnoff. People want to see beauty thats why Ana and Maria are being hyped but when they played against each other at the Aussie Open their match didn't live up to expectation. It seems like Venus and Serena are damned if they do succeed and damned if they don't. People will put them down when they don't make it to the finals or put them down when they do. How sad.

John.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
They have never played great tennis agains one another - They both want this title badly so hopefully tomorrow will be different

Ryan
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Its not like Venus and Serena produce classic matches in GS finals, so why is it not fair to say their matches can be boring?

Wojtek
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
There matches WERE boring, very boring. Maybe this time it will be intresting because they're the best on grass. We will see on Saturday.

In The Zone
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
No I don't think so, WS finals are not really exciting, there is always more UE than Winners and I support them, it's just it's not always a good quality when they face each other but things can change BTW Sharapova vs Henin was really great, noone can contest that.

See. You proved my point. Not yours. It is in the eye of the beholder.

ASP0315
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
All Williams sisters finals are indeed boring.
that is one of the reasons i'll stay away from watching the match.
i would have preffered one wiliam sisters vs underdog matches. like for example sharapova vs serena wimby 2004.
davenport vs venus in 2005
I like venus more than Serena actually but indeed not going to watch this match. Good luck to them anyway. may the best win.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
There matches WERE boring, very boring. Maybe this time it will be intresting because they're the best on grass. We will see on Saturday.

so what do you call RG final JH vs Pierce, JH vs Ana, US Open JH vs Kuzzy????? were those exciting tennis?? :help:

anyways...i think the people expect to see loads of winners when they play each other since that's what they do to everyone else...but the problem is that since they can both track down each other's shots you won't see a lot of winners, you're gonna see a lot of forced errors, aces, unreturnable serves and all that jazz...but hey most people just all out hate them and just find them boring on a whole, and they can play like federer or nadal and everyone would still find them boring....:shrug:

SunriseSunset
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I can understand Federer being in every final being boring because it's been like that practically everywhere for five years or more, but Serena/Venus finals haven't happened for 5yrs (correct me if I'm wrong) so what's boring about that? If people or players think it's boring, they should beat the sisters and take their place. If not, don't complain.

hayleytrotter
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I dont really like the williams sister so i find it boring. Sharapova and Ivanovic haters probably found the AO 08 final boring, but i loved it! and amelie and henin haters probably thought the 06 AO and Wimbledon finals were boring, but i loved them. Its about opinion.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Chile just get over it..im use to it...its all of our envy and jelousy when they say that. Its always something when the Williams Sisters dominate...1. Its bad for the sport, 2. the finals are boring, and it goes on an on...yet the ratings are always remarkable when viewers watch their "boring" matches..chile boo..they need to suck it up..and just accept that those girls are the baddest 2 chicks on the WTA....:worship:

donniedarkofan
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
but they are boring and there are also plenty of UE's,what's there to like when someone's not a Williams' fan?

John.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
What annoys me is how arrogant some WS fans are.

I like the sisters but seriously creating a thread becuase other posters have an opinion :rolleyes:

twight6
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I find it annoying that now the Williams fans are coming out in full force.
They bitch and complain year round about all the other fans being annoying.
Well here they all are!!!

Come the US Open and Venus and Serena don't even make the quarters, then we'll bring all these threads back with a "who's number one and two now!?!" bump.

That being said, it's all about favorites.
I personally would love a Radwanska/Wozniacki final.
Would you want to watch that one???

darrinbaker00
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I can understand Federer being in every final being boring because it's been like that practically everywhere for five years or more, but Serena/Venus finals haven't happened for 5yrs (correct me if I'm wrong) so what's boring about that? If people or players think it's boring, they should beat the sisters and take their place. If not, don't complain.
BLASPHEMER!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Expat
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
well i saw plenty of wiliams fans complaining that the fo is boring when the williams sisters lost in the 3rd round
its about who you like
and to tell the truth williams finals haven't been classics either
props to them to being the best players to reach the finals boring or not they are the best to reach so far

Dawn Marie
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I know. I find it hilarious when folks keep stating thatWilliams Finals are boring, but yet you don't hear about all the other blow outs that were tiresome bores. I don't have the time to post all the matches.

I think people say this about TEAM Williams is because they are black women from the same family. It has nothing to do with tennis quality. It has to do with hope. Fans are upset because they have no hope that one of them, Vee or Ree will have the potential to get beat in the big stage. Venus and Serena in a sense have already won the final because they're close sisters from the same family. All hope is gone for some fans of tennis. So they're bored. NO HOPE, NO GLORY.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
In the end it never matters what other people think. Regardless if people think the finals are boring, these women are making history and that is something no one can take away from them.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
What annoys me is how arrogant some WS fans are.

I like the sisters but seriously creating a thread becuase other posters have an opinion :rolleyes:

Isn't that kind of hypocritical, you're rollying your eyes because people have an opinion OF an opinion. That's what a discussion forum is for :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kart
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
People are always influenced by their first impressions.

Williams sisters produced several awful matches between themselves in their early years so I'm not surprised that people call them boring.

It's totally understandable IMHO - it's just human nature.

Peterk07
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I think people say this about TEAM Williams is because they are black women from the same family. It has nothing to do with tennis quality. It has to do with hope. Fans are upset because they have no hope that one of them, Vee or Ree will have the potential to get beat in the big stage. Venus and Serena in a sense have already won the final because they're close sisters from the same family. All hope is gone for some fans of tennis. So they're bored. NO HOPE, NO GLORY.
I think you need help.

Is it that hard to accept that someone, who actually is neutral towards the sisters is not going to be mad about an all Williams final? It's not about the Williams family, not about their color of skin, not about tennis quality, it's just about personal taste. I found the AO final boring - or let's say not that exciting - too, because neither Sharapova nor Ivanovics really interest me, and it was almost evident that Sharapova will win. I found RG final exciting because there was an underdog - who I liked -, and the outcome wasn't predictable.

And yes, those Fed vs Rafa finals all could easily be boring too. The only thing that makes them exciting is that Fed has never beaten Rafa at RG, and vice versa, Rafa has never beaten Fed in Wimbledon. I'm sure if they have already beaten each other a couple of times here and there, these finals would be boring like hell...

drake3781
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Ebb and flows. This is a high tide for the Williams base. But hopefully all those people who find them boring will be bored quite often in the slams to come. :D

It depends on who your favorites are and why they are your favorites and also what traits you don;t like in players' games and personality. Some people who are not WS fans don't like their style of play, so a match with even one W, let alone two, is not their cup of tea.

Serve-dominated "power" tennis isn't to everyone's taste.

And I don't find either of them interesting either.

Do have enormous amount of respect for both.

If that makes me a hata ... so be it.

I agree about the power tennis. That's why I'm a fan of women's tennis and ingnore the men's.

I also don't like the screaming; one of the reasons I can't bear Pova too.

Still, I'll watch it because I get to see precious little tennis at all, having only network TV and not cable. Maybe I'll get into it, too, who knows? :p

I know. I find it hilarious when folks keep stating thatWilliams Finals are boring, but yet you don't hear about all the other blow outs that were tiresome bores. I don't have the time to post all the matches.

Congrats, Dawn Marie - the first person to see it as a result of racial prejudice. :rolleyes: As much as you annoy me, I do feel sorry for you for having such a world view.

tobe
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
well 90 % of ALL last slam finals were boring (exception being Wimbledon 05!)
But Williams Finals do suck (for people who are non Williams fans at least)....they have always been nervous matches with tons of unforced errors and only few good rallies!

Dawn Marie
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I think you need help.

Is it that hard to accept that someone, who actually is neutral towards the sisters is not going to be mad about an all Williams final? It's not about the Williams family, not about their color of skin, not about tennis quality, it's just about personal taste. I found the AO final boring - or let's say not that exciting - too, because neither Sharapova nor Ivanovics really interest me, and it was almost evident that Sharapova will win. I found RG final exciting because there was an underdog - who I liked -, and the outcome wasn't predictable.

And yes, those Fed vs Rafa finals all could easily be boring too. The only thing that makes them exciting is that Fed has never beaten Rafa at RG, and vice versa, Rafa has never beaten Fed in Wimbledon. I'm sure if they have already beaten each other a couple of times here and there, these finals would be boring like hell...
On the average V@S are being cruxified for having boring finals like something more is expected of them in finals. Yet many top players have had some boring finals. The fans who say nothing about Ana and Henin type finals yet scream about V@S as being boring are ONLY BORED because V@S are black and from the same family. Their is no hope to have the black kid being beat because we all know that another black girl will hold up the trophy. So watching them both play is already a LOSE LOSE situation for them. Many people watch V@R play in the HOPE that they will get beat. LMAO.

When it comes to Black Female women and Tennis then honeys RACE WILL ALWAYS BE A FACTOR and so will SEXISM. Face it, as it's a fact.

Nicolás89
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I don't even remember their finals, too many years have passed through now.
The excitement will be high tomorrow, I can tell. Even for the people who say it could be boring.

Henpova
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I will not be watching. I don't really care for them, but I respect them. I think they are two of the best players of the past ten year, but I don't think they are the best. But they main reason I won't be watching is that, they hate to play each other. They know each other wants this so bad, and they don't like taking it away from the other. They don't have good matches because of this.

Max565
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think their games can contain each others' games very well... There might be just unforced erros left right and centre...

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I think alot of people are overreacting about the Williams being in the finals and calling them boring. Its really a rare occurrence . It doesn't happen often so I don't understand why people are doing so much complaining. With the exception of the 2005 Wimbledon final most of the womens finals haven't been stellar. I was told by someone that the reason why people don't want to see Vee and Ree is because their not attractive so that makes their matches a turnoff. People want to see beauty thats why Ana and Maria are being hyped but when they played against each other at the Aussie Open their match didn't live up to expectation. It seems like Venus and Serena are damned if they do succeed and damned if they don't. People will put them down when they don't make it to the finals or put them down when they do. How sad.

Bit in bold can be said of all top players. You think the WS are the only ones to get critcized? Hardly.

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM

lmap @ the bit in bold. What a crock of shit. Of course there is always heaps of shit in GM after GS finals saying the match is boring. Where the hell have you been? Or do you only come here when the WS make a final now?

Bijoux0021
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
On the average V@S are being cruxified for having boring finals like something more is expected of them in finals. Yet many top players have had some boring finals. The fans who say nothing about Ana and Henin type finals yet scream about V@S as being boring are ONLY BORED because V@S are black and from the same family. Their is no hope to have the black kid being beat because we all know that another black girl will hold up the trophy. So watching them both play is already a LOSE LOSE situation for them. Many people watch V@R play in the HOPE that they will get beat. LMAO.

When it comes to Black Female women and Tennis then honeys RACE WILL ALWAYS BE A FACTOR and so will SEXISM. Face it, as it's a fact.
AMEN!

The racists won't have anyone to root against on Saturday, so that's why many of them are saying Williams sisters' finals are boring. If you must watch TV, find something else to watch during the final or shut your yaps. :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM
AMEN!

The racists won't have anyone to root against on Saturday, so that's why many of them are saying Williams sisters' finals are boring. If you must watch TV, find something else to watch during the final or shut your yaps. :wavey:

:weirdo: Right, just because someone doesn't find Venus-Serena interesting, they are automatically racist. :weirdo: What if that person also didn't find eg Sharapova-Henin finals interesting either? Still racist then? Oh yes, of course they are, coz they aren't interested in Venus & Serena, and it doesn't matter if they also find other finals boring too. :rolleyes:

supergrunt
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Experts say that this one is gonna be good! :D :woohoo:

LudwigDvorak
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM
There hasn't been a good--let alone classic--women's slam final since the 2005 Wimbledon final. I can see an argument made for the 2006 Wimbledon final, but the respective players in that match played what should have been that final in Eastbourne the next year.

I don't expect tomorrow's match to be any different, which I find disappointing, but I'll still watch it. It's very interesting to see the two players with the best resumes on tour who are also immensely famous and infamous battle it out. The tennis WILL suck, but the result will be huge, whatever happens.

So that's cool at least. Hey, look, a post without mentioning El...:sobbing: I screw it up again.

fammmmedspin
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM
:shrug: Not everyone in a Willams sisters fan, so there are bound to be people who find it boring.

Its got more to do with the fact that one sister will always win that fight and the format is too often set to one, set to the other (usually with strange games deciding as sisterly thoughts intervene) and Serena winning the last. It also reflects the fact that their games are similar and the standard varies between brilliant and shocking.

That said the alternatives have not been great either. No hope contenders, inexperienced players, tired players, nervous wrecks, known flunkers versus known winners, surprise collapses, retiring finalists. . Its a long time since a womans GS final was a tight match between two good players and wasn't worse than several matches well before the final. Even when the tennis has been decent as in W 2005 I doubt if anyone really didn't know who was going to win given past records of who could and couldn't pull wins out..
The shame is that the current alternative seems to be whats left (very few) of the players in their mid twenties (three SF players this Wimbledon) performing reruns of 2000-2004 and not more of that generation battling it out against the younger challengers which might be more entertaining.

IceHock
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Well they haven't had any classic GS finals really, the only good one was Oz, so I can see why people aren't excited, their gamestyles are the same, it's going to be hard serves, then blast the second serves, the scoreline will probably be close, but i'm not expecting to see anything flashy.

supergrunt
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:16 PM
WILLIAMS SISTERS FINAL! :armed: YOU SAID IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!! HAHAHA!!! :crazy: :p EAT CROW BITCH!!! :D :woohoo:

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM

The thing about this is, it shouldn't affect how you view it. Your opinion on their finals is obviously different so why don't you put more stock into your views and go with that?

fammmmedspin
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I don't think their games can contain each others' games very well... There might be just unforced erros left right and centre...

To be fair on what we saw they would have to try hard to make as many errors as Ana and Maria who ought to be contesting the final. The sisters can't help it if their real opposition is sitting in an armchair retired and the youngsters couldn't hit the ball inside the lines

LeonHart
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:55 AM
From a tennis fan's perspective, yes their past matches have been boring. They both look nervous, and spray a ton of unforced errors. However from the past matches you kind of got a gist on who was the favorite going into the final. This year...it's kind of a toss up, Venus with a slight advantage but still I think it's close. So maybe tomorrow won't be so bad....

Mrs. Peel
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:11 AM
It's an amazing achievement and that is why it piques my interest. Do you have to be a William's fan to appreciate that? All this talk of quality is over exaggerated and as someone already pointed out, when was the last time there were compelling women's final (there have been numerous classic smackdowns)? V & S have had a few good matches.
I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be really good. They both want this one bad. I hope its a classic.
It must be hard for many of the people who have decalred them washed up over and over again to see Venus & Serena keep coming back. Here they are in the finals of Women's Singles & Doubles.:p True to form, the same idiots run on ad nauseum how "boring" it is. What tosh!
Why is it a discussion unless you've been watching? :p:tape:

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Its got more to do with the fact that one sister will always win that fight and the format is too often set to one, set to the other (usually with strange games deciding as sisterly thoughts intervene) and Serena winning the last. It also reflects the fact that their games are similar and the standard varies between brilliant and shocking.

That said the alternatives have not been great either. No hope contenders, inexperienced players, tired players, nervous wrecks, known flunkers versus known winners, surprise collapses, retiring finalists. . Its a long time since a womans GS final was a tight match between two good players and wasn't worse than several matches well before the final. Even when the tennis has been decent as in W 2005 I doubt if anyone really didn't know who was going to win given past records of who could and couldn't pull wins out..
The shame is that the current alternative seems to be whats left (very few) of the players in their mid twenties (three SF players this Wimbledon) performing reruns of 2000-2004 and not more of that generation battling it out against the younger challengers which might be more entertaining.

Maybe for you that's how it is, but I don't think that people who aren't fans of the WS care so much who wins the sets and what the "format" is. I will *probably* watch the final if I am home from basketball tonight, but I don't expect it to be interesting. I will watch, because it's rare that we get to see tennis on tv here, and because I do like watching womens tennis, whoever is playing. But for me, it has nothing to do with the "format" of how the matches between Venus & Serena is. It's just because I'm not a fan of either. That doesn't mean I hate them, but they just don't interest me so much - so in that sense, and all WS final for ME is kinda boring.

xan
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Experts say that this one is gonna be good! :D :woohoo:
Yes. The match is being scripted right now. :o

....................copyright Vince McMahon

gmokb
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:07 AM
My only complain about their finals is that they haven't been there more often, having to wait FIVE long years for this one. Tomorrow I will be glued to my t.v. like glue and loving it, two sets of finals with my favs, what more can one asked for?

darrinbaker00
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:31 AM
There's nothing boring about the best players in the game playing on the game's grandest stages. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is not a real tennis fan. Period.

darrinbaker00
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Yes. The match is being scripted right now. :o

....................copyright Vince McMahon
How characteristically unfunny of you.....

NeeemZ
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:50 AM
AMEN!

I'm a Serena supporter and I think that Williams finals are boring. Does that make me racist?

darrinbaker00
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I'm a Serena supporter and I think that Williams finals are boring. Does that make me racist?
Of course. Don't you know the rules?

NeeemZ
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Of course. Don't you know the rules?

:lol:

littlebin
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Of course it is boring, they don't have fires fighting again each other.

In The Zone
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:15 AM

Omg. :rolls: :calls M16 on internet phone:

Sefo
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM
It's not boring. I find it to be the biggest match of the tournie, unless the sisters will start tanking to each other, knowing that the cash will go to their family either way.

InsideOut.
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I find it annoying that now the Williams fans are coming out in full force.
They bitch and complain year round about all the other fans being annoying.
Well here they all are!!!

Come the US Open and Venus and Serena don't even make the quarters, then we'll bring all these threads back with a "who's number one and two now!?!" bump.

That being said, it's all about favorites.
I personally would love a Radwanska/Wozniacki final.
Would you want to watch that one???

:worship: But that's GM, sorry. And I would LOVE to watch an Aga/Caro final. :hearts:

Is it that hard to accept that someone, who actually is neutral towards the sisters is not going to be mad about an all Williams final? It's not about the Williams family, not about their color of skin, not about tennis quality, it's just about personal taste.

Right. If you don't particularly like the players in the final of course it can be boring. Nothing to do with colour. It's not like everyone is racially prejudiced anyway.

I didn't realize there are women who aren't female. :help:

Dodoboy.
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM
As long as Jelena Jankovic isn't in slam finals i think everyone is pretty happy :shrug:

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM

It also means you aren't a real tennis fan. ;)

Matt01
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
My only complain about their finals is that they haven't been there more often, having to wait FIVE long years for this one. Tomorrow I will be glued to my t.v. like glue and loving it, two sets of finals with my favs, what more can one asked for?

Good tennis, maybe? :p

Monica_Rules
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Going on previous matches the final isn't likley to be very exciting. It will have its moments but its tough they are 2 sisters playing each other and they are very close so its no suprise and they play so similar that its a bit of a mis-match.

Malva
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
:worship: But that's GM, sorry. And I would LOVE to watch an Aga/Caro final. :hearts:

They are not ready for the grand slam Finals. Not Agnieszka, and certainly not Caroline.

Agnieszka makes such a quick improvement that I suppose she, with some luck, may play the Finals even within one year. Caroline in my opinion first has to get to the Top 15.

If you don't particularly like the players in the final of course it can be boring. Nothing to do with colour. It's not like everyone is racially prejudiced anyway.

Such an attitude is for me really a sign of immaturity, and of not being really a fan of tennis but of a particular player.

Similarly, hating any player is beyond me.

I always cheer for those who play brilliantly even if my favorite is the victim (vide Serena in the second set against Agnieszka; in the first set the only thing that separated the two were Serena's 7 aces).

Adaora
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
i understand people saying they find the all Williams finals boring because of Unforced errors, tension etc. But to hear people on here say that they find them boring because they 'hate them' or because they are 'ugly' (by European standards that is) is not only sad but scary! It's shocking to know that people have as much hatred rooted deep in their veins that prevents them from enjoying a mere tennis match .Wow.......

lolas
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I don't find it boring. I'd even watch a Müller Meusburger match in the finals.

NeeemZ
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
It also means you aren't a real tennis fan. ;)

Suit yourself.

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
i understand people saying they find the all Williams finals boring because of Unforced errors, tension etc. But to hear people on here say that they find them boring because they 'hate them' or because they are 'ugly' (by European standards that is) is not only sad but scary! It's shocking to know that people have as much hatred rooted deep in their veins that prevents them from enjoying a mere tennis match .Wow.......

Only a couple of trolls said shit like that.

ivanban
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
well, spectators aren't that lively. Atmosphere is almost like in theater! Which is a bit surprising, cause standard is OK so far

Selah
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenussssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll have to find something else to say about this one, like they were annoying because of the grunts cause this one surely wasn't boring!!!

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
:lol: The grunts are always annoying (Orgasmapova too) - but they did finally have a good match playing each other! :yeah:

LeonHart
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Another boring Williams final :p

Serena decided to give Venus a free point despite the Umpire telling them to replay the point. After that I was :yawn:

No surprise Venus won.

VRee_Willario
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I don't care If someone thinks they are boring. In my opinion all GS final matches without Venus and Serena are boring so I don't usually watch them, but when it's Venus and Serena, everybody who is not interested is very eager to say how boring they are.
Gongratulations to Venus by the way :worship: :yeah:

Destiny
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
this was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good am sooooooooooooooo happy

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Suit yourself.

I was being sarcastic, coz someone said it to me, when I said something similar to you in here. ;)

NeeemZ
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I was being sarcastic, coz someone said it to me, when I said something similar to you in here. ;)

Oh k. Sorry about that. :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Oh k. Sorry about that. :yeah:

No worries. :)

hablo
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed the final. Didn't think it was boring at all, especially since I was cheering for Venus!

Big sis took care of business and didn't wilt mentally. :bowdown:

venus_rulez
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Serena decided to give Venus a free point despite the Umpire telling them to replay the point. After that I was :yawn:

No surprise Venus won.

Apparently you don't know the rules of tennis.

gmokb
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM

No surprise Venus won.

Why don't you climb back under your rock:mad:

LDF
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM
well, spectators aren't that lively. Atmosphere is almost like in theater! Which is a bit surprising, cause standard is OK so far

I think the crowd just weren't sure who to root for...Wimbledon crowds are never the most vocal, especially when they're deliberating who to side with :shrug:

morbidangle
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Not the best final, but not the worst either.I am very happy Venus won!

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
i think some people find them boring because the crowd is usually boring because they dont know how to cheer for so they are being very quiet.

... kind of similar to the Jelena Ana SF match at RG this year.

Malva
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
i think some people find them boring because the crowd is usually boring because they dont know how to cheer for so they are being very quiet.

... kind of similar to the Jelena Ana SF match at RG this year.

Beg to disagree. Ana vs Jelena was high drama, very tense.

Miss Amor
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
^ and way low profile as compared to this match :)

hacberto
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
To be honest I really don't like Williams Finals, This was my first but I was just calm. Yeah at first I wanted Serena to win but then I was ohh what the hell. You know I don't have anyone to root for I don't have anyone to yell when someone is playing bad so I don't like it but I hope they'll do it again because it would help their record and career in general.

architennis
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
This was an awesome match. They were far from boring. The crowd though..they were boring.

petesz
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Reality is: it is boring

jawadde
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I didn't even watch. I think the whole wta is boring now. :p

But hey, congrats to Venus. She is a great champ :worship:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Best GS final since Wimbledon 2005.

LeonHart
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Why don't you climb back under your rock:mad:

I'm watching the girls junior final and it's 10x better than the Williams final today :angel:

hacberto
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm watching the girls junior final and it's 10x better than the Williams final today :angel:

Did Martina give you some of her crack :confused:

terjw
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I was disappointed in most of their finals back in 2003 and before. They never seemed to play their best against each other back then. Didn't they say back then they found it hard emotionally playing against each other.

It seems totally different now. It really did look like a match between the best two players on grass at Wimbledon.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM
it was good! :)

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I didn't get the whole let thing Serena did though

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
that point could have cost her the whole championship