PDA

View Full Version : Jie Zheng wins SPECIAL prize money from TCL for her amazing performance in WO!!

Lin Lin
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:31 AM
;)TCL is one of the sponsors of Chinese tennis team,now, the amount is not specifically indicated yet (probably confidential, I guess).I think this will be a great encouragement no matter how much the money is!!
;);)

cheo23
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
ARe you kidding?? She will be forced to donate all of it to CTA and the Government :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

Lin Lin
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
The president of TCL also sent Zheng Jie a letter of congratulation yesterday:)

mckyle.
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
What's the point if she has to give it right back to the government? Yay communism!!

mariahdg
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM
ARe you kidding?? She will be forced to donate all of it to CTA and the Government :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

still haven't brushed your teeth??? :help::help::help:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Poor thing...all she will get out of it is prolly a soda pop...:sad:

mariahdg
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:42 AM
edit:
wash your mouth, OKAY?????

Zoeki
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:43 AM
No,CTA only get the prize money from the tourment.

Lin Lin
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:44 AM
ARe you kidding?? She will be forced to donate all of it to CTA and the Government :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:Whether Zheng will donate the special prize money, it depends on herself.

If you firmly believe Zheng Jie's donation(maybe you believe all the donation of Chinese people ) is forced, it's really really riidiculous and ignorant.

Actually the donation has reached more 50 billion Chinese Yuan, I think Chinese government really don't lack the amount of Zheng Jie's prize money, why the government will force her?

If you think the donation is forced, then you are doubting the kindness and conscience of Chinese people,it's totally wrong!!!All of us are dinating from our hearts

Modiac.
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I don't think she needs to give it back to government or something like that.

Modiac.
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM
:rolleyes: to people who thinks China is still communism.
What's more,you even have no idea what is communism.:help:

Zoeki
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:54 AM

I just wonder why you always give flighty extreme views.
However unhappy you were,It was very irresponsible of you to mock others before knowing the the real facts.

Junex
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Well... Its a known fact that this board is infested with 1st graders...
but then again, adults can be idiots too... or ignorant for that matter...
Just watch "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"

It's a pity......... Ignorance is worst than losing your house to a calamity!

Bravo Jie!
BTW, they (Yan Zi) also pledge some of their doubles prize money not just in wimbledon) to aid the victims.
Jie does really have a good heart for her fellow Sichuan citizen!

LucasArg
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Bravo Jie Zheng! :bigclap:

You deserve even more! :kiss:

Modiac.
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Well... Its a known fact that this board is infested with 1st graders...
but then again, adults can be idiots too... or ignorant for that matter...
Just watch "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"

BTW,I love that show,which brings lots of laughter.:lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Well deserved Jie for your exploits at Wimbledon :yeah:

A bit slightly off-topic, I remember an article a few days ago when Jie mentioned that the men's Chinese players should "buck up and show their real ability". The highest ranking men's Chinese player is at 400+ if I am not mistaken.

She's dead on about that - when you have about 3 to 4 women in the top 100, and none for the men, it looks quite odd. Imagine this - USA has Roddick and Blake, France has Gasquet and Monfils, UK has Murray and Russia have Davydenko as well as Tursunov, Lubijic and others. China has.... none. :tape:

Lin Lin
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Zheng Jie says "probably boys would like to chose table tennis,because this is a more stronger sport in China",it's kind of a funny explanation, but I think there would be more male players to emerge, after all, tennis has a very short history in China

Libertango
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Well deserved Jie! :hearts:

Yes, come on you Chinese men, there are enough of you! :p

thomas.chung
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM
hey! people let's tone down the political aspect of things here. Chinese government aside, Jie Zheng did a great job and she deserves a pension from the sponsor. This is how most other sponsors do anyways when their names win something big, look at Ana, after the French Open, she probably got a few mils from Yonex for her effort.

thomas.chung
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
and shalafan and zoeki, although some people don't like us chinese or the people in general, but they are entitled to their own opinions and that I think what us chinese should do is let them say whatever they want unless it's personally insulting.

Let the tennis do the talk, don't let the mouth do the talk here.

rockstar
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:24 AM
:rolleyes: to people who thinks China is still communism.
What's more,you even have no idea what is communism.:help:

i totally agree

Ksenia.
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Well deserved Jie for your exploits at Wimbledon :yeah:

A bit slightly off-topic, I remember an article a few days ago when Jie mentioned that the men's Chinese players should "buck up and show their real ability". The highest ranking men's Chinese player is at 400+ if I am not mistaken.

She's dead on about that - when you have about 3 to 4 women in the top 100, and none for the men, it looks quite odd. Imagine this - USA has Roddick and Blake, France has Gasquet and Monfils, UK has Murray and Russia have Davydenko as well as Tursunov, Lubijic and others. China has.... none. :tape:Huh? You mean Ljubicic? He's croat :rolleyes: :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Huh? You mean Ljubicic? She's croat :rolleyes: :)

Shows how much I know about men's tennis :p

sunnyyao
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
;)TCL is one of the sponsors of Chinese tennis team,now, the amount is not specifically indicated yet (probably confidential, I guess).I think this will be a great encouragement no matter how much the money is!!
;);)

I know the CEO of TCL send congration to Jie , but the not mentioned the specail prize money . TCL's money is give to wo championship.
pls post news not confirmed,ok

wenijah
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
The president of TCL also sent Zheng Jie a letter of congratulation yesterday:)

At least she can keep this =)

kwilliams
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM
If she got an endorsement deal would that money have to go elsewhere too?

What if she got an endorsement from a company outside China.

Noctis
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
She will keep some money fot sure,She got to live and feed her family you know :rolleyes:

cheo23
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, probably like 1% or Less :tape:

Ellery
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Well deserved Jie :D

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Jie is not being forced to give away her prize money :rolleyes: The CTA take a percentage and she keeps the rest. Furthermore, the Chinese government basically makes sure these athletes are set for the rest of their life once they're finished.

I don't support communism in any way, but one could argue that in some respects, the CTA is doing these players a favor in the beginning of their careers by paying for all their travel and coaching until they make it. How many people have the money to do that, especially in China?

Zoeki
Jul 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
300,000RMB(maybe 40,000 dollar) for Jie and 100,000RMB(maybe 13,000dollar) for her coach.