PDA

View Full Version : BOMBSHELL: #1 is Ivanovic and #2 is Jankovic.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Glad that Ana survived this week and still is the number one for some weeks!

Bruno71
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Tanasugarn, Zheng, Kvitova, Kudryavtseva, Pennetta, & Srebotnik were all in the top 10 :shrug:

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Didn't see this coming. Especially from Ludwig. ;)

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I thought Tanasugarn, Zheng, Kvitova, Kudryavtseva, Pennetta, & Srebotnik were all in the top 10 :shrug:

Please, we all know Zheng JUST entered it.

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
this thread and the OP: :weirdo:

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM

You do realize this thread is a dig at the other thread stating who the top two players are? ;)

Bruno71
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM

That merits a bunch of :weirdo:'s:

:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:
:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:
:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

Mikey.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM
:worship: :)

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM
You do realize this thread is a dig at the other thread stating who the top two players are? ;)

Oh okay then, :worship::hug:

In The Zone
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Not for long. :p Serena gets back to # 1 this summer, the USO the latest.

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Oh okay then, :worship::hug:

;)

Hurley
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM

How exactly?

Because 99% of the drivel being posted today in GM will be debatable or untrue come Monday, but this thread? Will be 100% gospel.

Slutati
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:39 AM
They are?:eek:

Ova
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:39 AM

Oh please, Serena is going to choke the rest of the season and fall out of the top 10. Historically, this is what she does, otherwise she would have been #1 for the last few years, and she has not. She has been no where near #1.

hankqq
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
:lol::lol::lol: all these threads and people's reactions :lol::lol::lol:

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:45 AM
You go girls! :rocker2:

slamchamp
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:58 AM
they had one bad tournament get over it. Serena and Venus both lost at the 3rd round of the french:shrug:

Harvs
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:55 AM
wheres that updated rankings thread?:)

ASP0315
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:56 AM
:yeah:
screw the grass. grass is for cows anyway.
bring on the real hard courts. :rocker2:

Bruno71
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:00 AM
:yeah:
screw the grass. grass is for cows anyway.
bring on the real hard courts. :rocker2:

Grass. The new green clay :rocker2:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Oh please, Serena is going to choke the rest of the season and fall out of the top 10. Historically, this is what she does, otherwise she would have been #1 for the last few years, and she has not. She has been no where near #1.

Dear God, what is the world coming to when a Kournikova - 60 DFS a match - fan calls Serena Williams winner of 8 GS singles titles, and 23 other singles titles a 'choker' of all things. Historically, Serena has never choked after Wimbledon, she has either not been fit, been unable to play or simply been beaten by the better player, a sensation you as an 'ova fan' are quite disenchanted with and yet ironically oh so more familiar than me 'monroe' fan has grown to become. The pointless drivel that you have spewed haphazardly like toxic waste over this board is to no gain, you are not convincing anyone of anything, other than the fact that you will swiftly be banned. At least the great trolls that came before you did their piece with comedy, or at least a pattern of trollicious randomness that made them memorable, you sir are an idiot and we shall forget you as quickly as real tennis fans will forget Kournikova, with the blink of an eye lid and the flash of a maxim cover....:rolleyes:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Yes they are, and I think they will be for some time.

Dave.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Dear God, what is the world coming to when a Kournikova - 60 DFS a match - fan calls Serena Williams winner of 8 GS singles titles, and 23 other singles titles a 'choker' of all things. Historically, Serena has never choked after Wimbledon, she has either not been fit, been unable to play or simply been beaten by the better player, a sensation you as an 'ova fan' are quite disenchanted with and yet ironically oh so more familiar than me 'monroe' fan has grown to become. The pointless drivel that you have spewed haphazardly like toxic waste over this board is to no gain, you are not convincing anyone of anything, other than the fact that you will swiftly be banned. At least the great trolls that came before you did their piece with comedy, or at least a pattern of trollicious randomness that made them memorable, you sir are an idiot and we shall forget you as quickly as real tennis fans will forget Kournikova, with the blink of an eye lid and the flash of a maxim cover....:rolleyes:

No need to insult Anna, she has nothing to do with this thread.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:15 AM
No need to insult Anna, she has nothing to do with this thread.

Perhaps you wish to return to all the posts made about players apparently irrelevant to this thread and say that. I'm afraid that anyone who criticises a player is open for criticism of their favourite player in my books, especially when that person if so foul.

Dave.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Perhaps you wish to return to all the posts made about players apparently irrelevant to this thread and say that. I'm afraid that anyone who criticises a player is open for criticism of their favourite player in my books, especially when that person if so foul.

I think that's just a sad wtaworld/tennisforum way of thinking. It doesn't make sense to just base comments on the person someone has in their avatar. Criticise a player when it's relevant in a thread. What would you have said if that poster had Serena in his/her avatar?

supergrunt
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:24 AM
fluke rankings

ASP0315
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:26 AM
supertard. :haha: :haha:

Sander.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Ana:D

Ova
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I think Anna is pretty. Her record is her record, and has nothing to do with Serena. I could give a crud about Anna's record, she is nice eye candy. The poor girl had spinal injuries, you want to hold that against her ?

But, since you want to bring up Anna's record let's talk about her doubles game...

Doubles Record :
Career record: 200-71
Career titles: 16 (2 GRAND SLAM TITLES)
Highest ranking: No. 1

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:44 AM
gratz :)

Kovalchuk
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
bombshell my ass

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:22 AM
If Serena or Venus won both Wimbledon and USO, they still may not be number 1, even if all Ana, Jelena, and Maria did at the USO was fart. The ranking system is not as flawed as many would like to believe because it represents the tour as a whole, not just the Grand Slams, though the GS have a certain amount of priority.

Malva
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:37 AM
The ranking system is not as flawed as many would like to believe because it represents the tour as a whole, not just the Grand Slams, though the GS have a certain amount of priority.

A huge amount of priority, actually. Look at the story of Bartoli.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Noted for future reference.

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM
BOmBsHeLL!!!1 LudwigDvorak is gay:eek:

Princess Sarah.
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
yay!

Nikkiri
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Thank god. :worship:

Uranium
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:36 AM

She is #1 now:)

kwilliams
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Serena number one and long may she reign!

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:48 AM
lol thanks for reviving this thread :o

Jankovic is still #2 :P

but she showed today why she is #2 (and why she is good enough to be #1)

Uranium
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM
lol thanks for reviving this thread :o

Jankovic is still #2 :P

but she showed today why she is #2 (and why she is good enough to be #1)

I only bumped it because of OVa and him saying Serena will never be #1 again and how it's been 5 years and for us to get over it before he was suspended a few months back:p

LindsayRulz
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM

:worship:

In The Zone
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:31 AM
:worship:

:hearts: Thanks for the good rep. :p I am all-knowing!

Serena for President!