PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open who will win it? Early predictions here

CoolDude7
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
What are your early predictions for the U.S. Open???

Will JJ finally get her slam???

Will Maria show the desire she showed down under?

Will Ana blaze her way to her second slam?

Will Lindsay catch fire?

Will Serena or Venus continue their form?

hacberto
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Venus Williams
I made this prediction some time ago.

Pesi
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
1)Hardly
2)No
3)Maybe
4)No
5)Yes

samsam4087
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Elena Dementieva

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/cp/sports/pm/i/dementieva_2.jpg

Marionated
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Marion will make up for her crappy year and disappointing me so much by winning the US open :hearts:

hacberto
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:24 PM
Dementieva in my opinion could have won the French and the US Open in 04.

Pesi
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
If I have to say one name right now, I say Serena. But Im not nostradamus, you know.

Dawson.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
maria will find her form and win it, mark my words.....

CoolDude7
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Dementieva's serve is much better. However, it still isn't a weapon but it isn't as big of a weakness now. Did anyone besides me see her muscles?? She is really fit

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
whoever loses on Saturday has a big chance IMHO. Especially if Serena loses, I can see her extra-motivated to win in US.

Cp6uja
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
whoever loses on Saturday has a big chance IMHO. Especially if Serena loses, I can see her extra-motivated to win in US.Your statement is actualy "against all odds" because in all 7 seasons so far when Williams sisters both played this two tournaments - sister with better result at Wimbledon ALWAYS have better result at USO than her sister!

For me personaly both sisters will be serious contenders for title whatever happen in next couple days. I dont see former USO champion Sharapova to choke again like last season or here in Wimbledon so she will be also top contender for USO. Unlike with Wimbledon, US Open should be best shot for Jankovic and Kuznetsova (together with RG) to win some slam. Also dont forget former runnerup Dementieva which improved finaly her serve this season and plays close to her career best tennis.

And of course i must to mentouned current WTA#1 Ana Ivanovic. USO is her by far worst slam if we look career results, but she at same surface already won one tier-I and tier-II event (Montreal and L.A.) and she is also overall winner of US Open 2006 series... But last prediction about Ana i will send after Beijing - with medal she will probably sucks again in New York, and with OG disappointment she will probably rocks week after at USO :p

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I just don't know anymore... everyone's become so unpredictable these days. Especially Maria.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I think...

Venus Serena Maria Ana Jelena Elena Jie Dinara have a chance

too early to tell though rt now

sammy01
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
anna chakvetadze of course! what a silly question!

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:06 AM
anna chakvetadze of course! what a silly question!

Even with all the hate Chaky may get, you still support her and don't back down when haters bash her. I admire and respect that about you. Shows you're a true fan. Props. :yeah:

Wiggly
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Dementieva. :angel:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
The Williams Sisters (and their "adopted" tag-along) probably have the best shots to win the 2008 US Open.

Uranium
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:30 AM
this is kinda stupid, since the hardcourt season hasn't even began to judge their form, but i said Venus, she wants the Wimbledon-USO double again:hearts: