PDA

View Full Version : How interested are you in the All-Williams Final?

xan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
What do you the All-Williams Wimbledon Final? Does it excite you? Does it bore you rigid?

I find it fairly uninteresting, since I don't really care a great deal which Williams sister wins. How about you?

comfortably.numb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
It can't be any more boring than the horrible finals of recent years. At least we get the chance to see two legends in action.

vadin124
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
if this years Bangalore semi is anything to go by, it should be a very entertaining match

potentially the first 3-setter GS final since Wimby 06 :hearts:

Coffee&TV
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
I'm excited actually. Like I said it's my first time to see All WS in final. :dance:

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I'm a big fan of both and while I feel it's wonderful, let's face it we have yet to watch a great quality match between Venus and Serena. I remember at the FO final they almost made 100 unforced errors combined. And that was just 2 sets. So watch your nerves ladies, please !

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Its going to be a good tennis match IMO.....and as a tennis fans a match between the two best grass players atm should be entertaining.
And I don´t like any of the sisters but Its going to be a good tenni match

Mikey.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
First option :) :bounce:

Josh.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Don't care really. :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Easily the best final since 2003

kolan
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
i voted for the third option :) its a wimbledon final - i would watch it no matter who is playing. only if some of my faves were in the final would i be extra excited. i cannot help but be excited for the prospect of this final though :p

Dawson.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
im looking forward to it.

maybe we'll see a closely fought grand slam final for a change :eek:

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I mean, this is great for Williams fans, but for people who aren't really fond of either of them, this final is pretty BLAH. :lol: I am rooting for Venus though, and I'm just hoping for a competitive and high quality (I shall dream ;)) match.

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Well, xan, they are certainly interesting enough for you to start a thread about them. Apparently, they hold some interest to you. LOL!!!!!

tennisIlove09
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:09 AM
hopefully they put on a show like Lindsay and Vee in 05, and then it could be one of the best finals EVER.

Denise4925
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm so excited. :bounce: Both of my faves are in the final and it doesn't matter to me who wins. :D

Il Primo!
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM
It's maybe the KEY match, the turning point of both... So I'm very interested in it.

I want Vee to win so badly, like I've never wanted before...

*Jool*
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I'm interested but only if Serena wins lol

hankqq
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Thrilled! Hope it goes 3. This is 2 slam finals in a row where I like both finalists.

Serenita
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:28 AM
dont hate appreciate people....i can't wait to see the finalQ!!!!!!!

thrust
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM
It could be a great final! I am sure it will be very entertaining, at least.

Calvin M.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
How interested are you in the All-Williams Final?

Any time Serena is in a final, I'm interested.

Pleasantville
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I don't care who wins as I like them both. But I do hope it will be very competitive.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Not really. Whoever wins, it's still has the name "Williams" on it.

Used to hate an All-Williams final, but got over it by now. Would be interesting if the match goes to a 3 setter. ;)

Marty-Dom
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Unless you really dislike the sisters, this match is everything a general fan of women's tennis could wish for on grass. The best grasscourt player of this generation versus the best overall player of this generation. The only other comparable matchup would be Henin versus Serena in a final at RG and even then the skill gap would be too big for it to be as competitive- emotions notwithstanding.
Maybe a Wimbledon rematch between Serena and Maria would be more exciting- we already have seen what Venus can do against Maria on grass- twice. Venus will bring much more game to the final than Maria could- had she made it. So yes, for me this is the best possible final.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:49 AM
you should have made this a public poll; that would have been a great opportunity to elucidate the level of hatred for the williams.

any way, i want vee to win. the first born must represent.

twight6
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I don't care which one wins
I don't think either of them deserve it

That being said, I think they could produce some AMAZING tennis so I'm looking forward to watching for the sake of good tennis.
Just hope it's a close match; women's tennis needs one

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Not interested, but I don't hate the final. I just don't care as I'm not a fan of either sister.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Love it or hate it...frankly my dear I could give a damn..but I GUARANTEE YOU the ratings for this final will be higher than the past 4 years...HANDS DOWN! ANYTIME the name Williams is in the finals...the rating go up and it bring viewers to the TV screen...If you dont know, YOU BETTA ASK SOMEBODY!!! ;) It will be icing on the cake if the men is Federer VS Nadal.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I don't care which one wins
I don't think either of them deserve it

That being said, I think they could produce some AMAZING tennis so I'm looking forward to watching for the sake of good tennis.
Just hope it's a close match; women's tennis needs one

Its not what you THINK its whats GOING to happen.....It is what it is baby..are the best 2 and the last 2 girls standing...how you think they dont deserve it....I dont know, but hey....IT IS WHAT IT IS...and they will be in the final...and millions will be watching :worship:

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:37 AM
What do you the All-Williams Wimbledon Final? Does it excite you? Does it bore you rigid?

I find it fairly uninteresting, since I don't really care a great deal which Williams sister wins. How about you?

I find your threads highly uninteresting. Why don't you crawl back to your cave?:wavey:

Kworb
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I like them but I'm not excited. It's the best GS final this year though, because it doesn't have the annoying and overrated Ivanovic.

Stamp Paid
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:44 AM
As long as Serena is whooping some ass I dont care who it is

Fretchap
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Well I have never seen an all WS final in a GS since I am really interested in tennis, so I'm just really anxious! :bounce:

gmokb
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:57 AM
On fire about this final, waited five long years for it.

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Better not be another error fest :o

slamchamp
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I am interested, I never saw them play against each other and I think it gives more exitement to the viewers

Willam
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM
as interested as it were between margaret court and billie jean king..

Willam
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Martina Hingis is not innocent :)

égalité
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Well, I'm going to watch.

twight6
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Its not what you THINK its whats GOING to happen.....It is what it is baby..are the best 2 and the last 2 girls standing...how you think they dont deserve it....I dont know, but hey....IT IS WHAT IT IS...and they will be in the final...and millions will be watching :worship:

I didn't mean anything mean by it. They played amazing tennis, so in that sense they deserve to be there. They're amazing athletes.

I meant that they don't work as hard as the other girls, play as much/train as much/act like they want it as much... so I would prefer Ivanovic or Jankovic or Kuznetsova to be there. If it was going to be a player I dislike, I would prefer one of those 3 because I think they deserve it more (work ethic/desire wise)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I didn't mean anything mean by it. They played amazing tennis, so in that sense they deserve to be there. They're amazing athletes.

I meant that they don't work as hard as the other girls, play as much/train as much/act like they want it as much... so I would prefer Ivanovic or Jankovic or Kuznetsova to be there. If it was going to be a player I dislike, I would prefer one of those 3 because I think they deserve it more (work ethic/desire wise)

;) understood...and I 100% respect your comment now....I kinda felt the same way with Michelle Kwan and Tara Lipinki 10 years agp back at the 1998 Olympics figure skating (dont know if u watch that or saw it) but hey...may the best lady win...your opponent doesnt feel that way across the net..the only thing they are thinking is "I gotta win" unless its 2 sisters playing each other ;)..but yeah, you either sink or swim in situations like grand slam tournaments...i'm sure janko, kutz and ivanovic will have their chances again.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Not as interested as the men´s Final , but I will watch the match probably

alex14
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:48 AM
For me i dont mind which sister wins, its another williams final, and we have witness alot of them...i will prefer Venus to win. A high quality match is a must, but above all, to make it more exciting, i want to see hunger and determination, and the come ons you here from Serena in any other matches...thats what makes a grand slam final a final! i just hope Venus, can gear it up and show us the determination in her eyes if she were to play any other player in the final, not Serena!
Xx

architennis
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I am very interested in an all williams final. I'm rooting for Venus. I just hope this will be a real all out cat-fight. They've had great matches but it's never been extremely competitive...i think it's due mainly becuase of Venus. Even today, she said that she doesn't stop thinking that the person across the court is her little sis. Serena, on the other hand, can. We'll see. And I guess a better answer to your question will be answered on Monday, when the television ratings are released. (is it monday?)

LindsayRulz
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:59 AM
As interested as if any other finalists were involved. The fact that two sisters are playing in a GS final is exciting, but looking at the previous meatings in GS finals between them take a little out of excitment :lol:.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:16 AM

No, the 2005 final was the best ever in terms of tennis... shame that Lindsay lost

Broken Racquet
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I think this will be a good match for young players to record and study.

Sander.
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM
It will be a power-final. Serena will win.

twight6
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:45 AM

:spit:

~Eclipsed~
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:31 AM
very interested. I think this final has a lot of interesting dynamics too.

1.)Their first major singles meeting since 03.

2.)Venus looking to do what only a few have done and win 5 Wimbledons. Serena looking to catch up a bit and win her third.

3.)Venus trying to prove Serena doesn't own her major slam finals and level their overall H2H record.

I think there is a lot on the line for this to be one enertaining final that will probably go the distance.

stevos
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
How can someone not be excited about this?!
So many storylines, so much history to be decided really. AHH I'm so happy for this. Of course only a Maria-Serena final would be better.

fifiricci
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Not one iota of excitement. I won't even be watching.

Ova
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
The Williams sisters are yesterday's news, this error ridden snoozefest will be so boring. I would never watch them play anyway, but it's a real shame they mucked up a grand slam final like this.

Yawn.

Wojtek
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I think it will be boring because they know eachother so well. I hope Venus will win.

Wojtek
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:07 AM

OMFG :haha: :haha: :haha: Nice joke :worship:

Calypso
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I voted "Very interested. I'm rooting for my fave..."

number33
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I don't really care, probably not gonna watch it at all, but i slightly prefer Venus to win the match :)

Uranium
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
No, the 2005 final was the best ever in terms of tennis... shame that Lindsay lost
no, what made the final one of the best was Venus saving Championship point and coming back to win the match.
very interested. I think this final has a lot of interesting dynamics too.

1.)Their first major singles meeting since 03.

2.)Venus looking to do what only a few have done and win 5 Wimbledons. Serena looking to catch up a bit and win her third.

3.)Venus trying to prove Serena doesn't own her major slam finals and level their overall H2H record.

I think there is a lot on the line for this to be one enertaining final that will probably go the distance.
:yeah:
The Williams sisters are yesterday's news, this error ridden snoozefest will be so boring. I would never watch them play anyway, but it's a real shame they mucked up a grand slam final like this.

Yawn.

so glad your banned.
And why is their so much hate BEFORE the final, they just couldn't wait could they?:tape:

Peterk07
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I watch every GS final, so I'll watch this one too, but don't really care which sister wins. The Williams sisters are already legends, I know that, but since I'm not and never was a fan of theirs, it doesn't make this final more entertaining for me. Except if they'll both play their best ever final and produce a stellar performance.

Radix2
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I am a huge fan of both of them so I am extremely happy. I hope it is very competitive and may the better player win.

Kart
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I'm interested in any grand slam final that features Venus.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:32 PM
only cos if Venus wins i win more cash than if Serena wins

so its a win-win

sarciness
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hoping Venus can win, and I'm sure the tennis will be good. I'm looking forward to it!

faboozadoo15
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'd slightly prefer Venus winning, and I'll watch.
I'm not really too excited though. I watch all major finals though, I'm a tennis fan.

There's a lot of potential with this match, and I hope they can at the very least play an entertaining match. Every single one I've seen has been shit so far.

mb011
Jul 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
hope i'm wrong, but we will see a lot of grunting, aces, "come on's" and ball bashing...

TSequoia01
Jul 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Yawn.

Don't hate appreciate....:bounce::bounce:

manu32
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM
like it ....

Harvs
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM
if ud told me this at the start of the tourny i wouldnt have been happy at all...

however now that its here, im excited. should be an itneresting match

Lyndle_BE
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Not that interested...especially if I had tickets

ChriS.
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I really think that it is impossible for them both to play against each other with the same intensity as a normal match. This is not their fault but it is just the way it is.

Corswandt
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
How interested are you in the All-Williams Final?

Just not interested.

GracefulVenus
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Why this poll, everyone intersted whether they want to admit it or not............it's not the FO :rolleyes: :lol:

Craigy
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Obviously I'm excited. I'm just worried about Serena's thigh being strapped up.

xan
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:32 AM
The disinterest seems to be slightly topping the interest so far.

Now if they both hated each other's guts...

Donny
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Amazing how many posters are so uninterested that they take the time to post about how uninterested they are.

Apoleb
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Amazing how many posters are so uninterested that they take the time to post about how uninterested they are.

The thread asks posters to provide their opinions. :rolleyes: But again hardly surprising that such nonsense is coming from you.

debopero
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:24 AM

trueee

Donny
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:29 AM
The thread asks posters to provide their opinions. :rolleyes: But again hardly surprising that such nonsense is coming from you.

There are threads on GM that fall of the first page with barely five posts. This is because posters are uninterested in the topic of the thread. For instance, the thread wishing Jill Craybas happy birthday got four responses. This thread got 77. 77 posts. The people in this thread saying they don't care are lying to themselves. They may not *like* an all Williams final, but they certainly aren't indifferent.

Mynarco
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I dun care who wins in the final actually...

Apoleb
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:37 AM
There are threads on GM that fall of the first page with barely five posts. This is because posters are uninterested in the topic of the thread. For instance, the thread wishing Jill Craybas happy birthday got four responses. This thread got 77. 77 posts. The people in this thread saying they don't care are lying to themselves. They may not *like* an all Williams final, but they certainly aren't indifferent.

What the hell you're on? :lol: I understand that point if people expressed their disinterest in the final in a thread that doesn't ask them for their opinions and isn't directly related to it. But the thread starter asked posters to express themselves (with a poll too), whether they will be looking forward to the final or not. Of course the topic of the thread is popular (hardly surprising since it asks if people are looking forward to a GS final), but that has nothing to do with people lying to themselves or whatever bs.

Anyways...

jazar
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM
i'm incredibly uninterested. the match will be on on the tv's where i work, but i shall watch none of it

Adal
Jul 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
"As interested as if any other finalists were involved" ;)

3Dcool
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I hate this final as hell, but that's what we got right now. Williams sisters are simply the most stable at the WTA tour. I'm sorry that's the situation though.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Yawn.

He's secretly a fan....he'll be watching...:worship: