Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
she deserves it

She does!

Willam
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
well done Jie :yeah:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
I repeat: 0 points to defend in 2008; 4 points till Doha 2009; 30 points till IW 2009

Come on Jie, reach the top 20 :D :bounce:

hacberto
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
She's so talented so so talented
In my Opinion she's gonna be ranked in the top 5 in the next years.

She's so so good, so hard hitter, She's the real hope for China now that Na Li has disappear.

Mikey.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
:)

Noctis
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
She my 3rd favourite

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
I repeat: 0 points to defend in 2008; 4 points till Doha 2009; 30 points till IW 2009

May not be that easy: she needs at least additional 500 points, and I am not sure that her style of playing is going to be equally effective on hard surface. She would have to continue playing at her Wimbledon level. We'll see soon.

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
She's so talented so so talented
In my Opinion she's gonna be ranked in the top 5 in the next years.

She's so so good, so hard hitter, She's the real hope for China now that Na Li has disappear.

Check her age first. She is not a teenage sensation. She is a very experienced player. She is 25.

jimbo mack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
if she keeps up this form, she will be top 20 in no time. i could watch her backhand all day

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
:yeah: Nice. I'm also starting to wonder if she'll be that rarest of players - one who, even if not everyone's fav or second fav, is thought well of by all the factions in GM. ;)

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
She diserves the great move :yeah:

Well done Jie! :D

hacberto
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
Check her age first. She is not a teenage sensation. She is a very experienced player. She is 25.

Oh really she looks like 19
But she still can be in the top 10 :D

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM

:confused: there's nothing in that post that suggests her age.....

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM

Maybe she can.

But the moment she enters Top 20, every player is going to approach matches against her differently.

Agnieszka Radwańska, for example, at the age of 17, when she was still very low ranked, beat three tennis greats: Myskina, Dementieva, and Venus Williams. Today, when she is already ranked at #10, it may been harder to repeat such feats.

For similar reasons, it actually helped Zheng to have such a low ranking at Wimbledon because she caught off-guard both Ivanović and Vaidišová. For the first, she was a total surprise, for the second she may have been a one-time upset, especially that everybody was considering her beating Ivanović to be more due to Ivanović's weakness on grass than to Zheng's strength. After all Dechy nearly eliminated Ana in the 2nd Round.

Even Serena today, after the very easy first set (that she could have won 6:1), approached the second set as if the rest of the match was merely a formality. This allowed Jie to get back into the match, and she certainly did it admirably well.

So, it is safe to say, let's wait and see. In meantime, we can wish her the best of luck.

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
:confused: there's nothing in that post that suggests her age.....

What is your IQ? (sorry, if this sounds rude, but I can't find a better response.)

flyingmachine
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
she deserves it

indeed.

mirzalover
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
She cant be a complete surprise she was 27 in the world 2 years ago.

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Get to the top 10, babe. :hearts:

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
:yeah: Nice. I'm also starting to wonder if she'll be that rarest of players - one who, even if not everyone's fav or second fav, is thought well of by all the factions in GM. ;)

I am afraid, the moment she starts consistently beating Top 15 players, and moving in the rankings past players currently ranked 20-40, she is bound to incur jealousy mixed with hatred from fans of all those players she beats, or overtakes in the rankings. According to my observations, this is a sad reality at the TennisForum.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
she deserves it

No, no, no... you're wrong.... SHE BLOODY DESERVES IT! :worship::worship::worship:

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
I am afraid, the moment she starts consistently beating Top 15 players, and moving in the rankings past players currently ranked 20-40, she is bound to incur jealousy mixed with hatred from fans of all those players she beats, or overtakes in the rankings. According to my observations, this is a sad reality at the TennisForum.

Agreed.

Dawson.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
are we going to see an incredible rise of the chineese players? both Zheng Jie & Na Li have no points to defend for the rest of the year :eek:

Malva
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
are we going to see an incredible rise of the chineese players? both Zheng Jie & Na Li have no points to defend for the rest of the year :eek:

Who knows... The other Chinese girls didn't do particularly well at Wimbledon. Li Na for example was eliminated by a player ranked #137.

Malva
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:14 AM
No, no, no... you're wrong.... SHE BLOODY DESERVES IT! :worship::worship::worship:

What about Tanasugarn then? Does she 'bloody deserve it'?

The only difference between her and Zheng is that she had a lesser fortune of crashing into one of the Williams sisters in the Quarterfinal rather than in the Semifinal.

ce
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
well done Jie :hearts:

mirzalover
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Who knows... The other Chinese girls didn't do particularly well at Wimbledon. Li Na for example was eliminated by a player ranked #137.

Peng Shuai made the fourth. I think Jie will finish the Year around 18-22.

Chunchun
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:52 AM

yeah asians always look younger and less aged compared to others don't you think so :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Hopefully she'll perform well this summer and recieve a seed for the Us Open :bounce:.

Sander.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Jie Z.:)

Pasta-Na
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:35 AM
little jie :p

Zoeki
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Hopefully she'll perform well this summer and recieve a seed for the Us Open :bounce:.

Jie won't play any tour before Olympic.:sad:
Hope a easy Draw.

Pasta-Na
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Jie won't play any tour before Olympic.:sad:
Hope a easy Draw.

she has around 1 month to improve her games and strength before Olympics :p

Josh.
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Yep. She did good.

Pasta-Na
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM
her average serve speed used to be around 90mph. and now around 105mph. :lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:38 AM
What about Tanasugarn then? Does she 'bloody deserve it'?

Well, two things.... Jie was a WC, and she defeated Ana, Svazay and Vaidisova before losing to Serena.

I say that's some achievement for a person who stands only 5' 4".

mirzalover
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Well, two things.... Jie was a WC, and she defeated Ana, Svazay and Vaidisova before losing to Serena.

Tam Tam is 5'5

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Tam Tam is 5'5

An extra inch in height helps in tennis, you know :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:48 AM
An extra inch in height helps in tennis, you know :p

As it does during sex :tape:.

Malva
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:48 AM

Regarding Zheng Jie I am in total agreement.

I was asking about Tanasugarn: why not to mention her as well?

After all, she eliminated Cetkovská, Zvonareva, Eraković, and Janković (all apparently in-form), and just 2 days before Wimbledon started, she beat Safina in the Final at Rosmalen.

I say that's some achievement for a person who is past her 31st Birthday...

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM

After all, she eliminated Cetkovská, Zvonareva, Eraković, and Janković (all apparently in-form), and just 2 days before Wimbledon started, she beat Safina in the Final at Rosmalen.

She has also been struggling with injuries of her own over the past couple years.

Tam Tam :worship:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM

Well, if that's the case.... well done too Tam Tam :worship:

kwilliams
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:55 AM

Top 15 at least! Go Zheng!