Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
you think she's sincere?

Serenidad.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
you think she's sincere?

No. Tomorrow she will go back to saying Sharapova is a better player than Serena. I seriously wish I could ask her why she would ever ever ever think that.

nikita771
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
I think that she is sincere. She has been very vocal about the sisters and what a mistake it was for them to be ranked so low in the singles and doubles.

LCS
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
:weirdo:

tae04
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
Yes. I think the commentators have always been so hard on the sisters, because they felt the sisters should have been dominating this whole decade.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
yep, she's sincere.

RIGHTTTTTTTTT.

Pureracket
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well, I agree with her, and I'm pretty sincere.

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I agree with her, and I'm pretty sincere.

I second this :hatoff:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Mary is certainly being sincere.

Yes at times she's critisized Serena and Venus but she has other players as well when they've had sloppy play.....

for years Mary Carillo has been saying she thinks Venus and Serena should "own" the tour because when they play their best they are THE BEST.....her position hasn't changed.

Optima
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Good lord. She's damned if she says it, damned if she doesn't.

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
If she aint sincere she is stupid. I mean a Zheng v Dementieva Wimb final would be awful. The sisters deserved it more than their opponents.

Marshmallow
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
With all the recent talk about the current top 4 being - well incompetent, this seems like a valid statement.

moon
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
:)
Carrillo's comment = my sentiments exactly (see sig ;))

Ova
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
It's just a game, anyone can win, and anyone can lose.

Grand slams are just glorified tournaments. I don't see Grand Slam wins as a big deal. They are a big deal only because a bunch of money gets pushed around.

That being said, the Williams sisters are chokers whose run is about at an end.

The only good thing about this Williams final is that one of them will lose. And cry.

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM

Grand slams are just glorified tournaments. I don't see Grand Slam wins as a big deal. They are a big deal only because a bunch of money gets pushed around.

The only good thing about this Williams final is that one of them will lose. And cry.

I'm sorry but this post just made me laugh so much :lol: :o

Ryan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
One tournament does not order, or a season, make. :p

supergrunt
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
They're the only ones she's got left. :sad:

kris719
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
expect nothing less from mary Carillo

flyingmachine
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
:weirdo:

+1

Lunaris
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Carillo is one of the shittiest tennis commentators out there.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:24 PM
With all the talk about 'eras', I think this is the Quality vs. Quantity era for sure.

One tournament does not order, or a season, make. :p

Well Serena's 1 win away from having a tour-leading 4 titles and snatching the #1 spot in the race, so I think it's safe to say that the 'disarray' is coming to a close :cool:

Melly Flew Us
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM

oh my god; how foolish. try harder next time.

MakarovaFan
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:14 AM
With all the recent talk about the current top 4 being - well incompetent, this seems like a valid statement.
Ok so how are they any more competent than the top 4??Before Wimbledon Ana has played 3 Slam finals in the last year,and a SF,Maria 2 Finals and a SF,Jelena 3 SF....Serena 1 Final and not even another SF!! Venus 1 final and one SF.Neither(ESPECIALLY Venus)is consistent or reliable.And how many titles have either won in the last few years??Compare that to the top 4(well top 3 lol).UGH!!

Tennisstar86
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Ok so how are they any more competent than the top 4??Before Wimbledon Ana has played 3 Slam finals in the last year,and a SF,Maria 2 Finals and a SF,Jelena 3 SF....Serena 1 Final and not even another SF!! Venus 1 final and one SF.Neither(ESPECIALLY Venus)is consistent or reliable.And how many titles have either won in the last few years??Compare that to the top 4(well top 3 lol).UGH!!

lol...Actually Venus has been the most consistant... MAria two finals? Here are the previous 5

Venus F/W 3rd Q SF W
Serena F/W 3rd Q Q Q
Ana 3rd W F 4th SF
Jelena 4th SF SF Q 4th
Kuznetsova 4th Q 2nd? F Q
Maria 2nd Q W 2nd 4th

Now that said i think its a bit early to say order restored... but actually the sisters have been more consistant...