PDA

View Full Version : Ode to the Williams Sisters: “Head is with Serena and Heart is with Venus”

stkenyi
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
What is a girl to do?? I guess I am lucky in a sense that my Head is with Serena and my Heart is with Venus. This is a family affair and I am right in the thick of things. My Heart yearns for Venus to win because she would be in rare company as the grass court player of her generation. My Head, on the other hand, tells me that Serena will win because the girl is hungry for another slam and wants to on her own terms renegotiate her contract with Nike. Some argue Serena is the more complete player of the two sisters (Plus she loves her some paper) but Venus is the better grass court player. I say no dice to that preposterous proposition.

So what is a girl to do? Well, I am going to sit back on Saturday morning with a breakfast in bed and watch me a tennis good match. Both sisters will bring it this time. The sisters will blow the roof off SW19 and I will be happy with whoever wins. Finally, the order has been restored to the WTA. All hail the William Sisters.:bounce::worship:

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
:lol:

Well when the call was made for a player to step and show there is a key figure prepared to dominate, the sisters took that message and showed who should be the one(s) to do it.

IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Goooooooooooooooooooooo Venus! Vamos.

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
I am still bubbling with the final, I am going to continue to enjoy the day and think about the WS being in the doubles final as well. I think we have forgotten about that, being overshadowed by the all WS final in five years.

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
All hail williams !!!

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
The renewed contract by nike is already in agreement, will be published around the USOpen.

Serenita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
bow thy knees and pay tribute. ALL HAIL WILLIAMS SISTERS...lol

stkenyi
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
The renewed contract by nike is already in agreement, will be published around the USOpen.

Care to divulge where and from who you heard that info on her contract?

tonythetiger
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
I desperately want Venus to win against Serena. Venus deserves it more because she needs to even up their head to head and she has lost enough major finals to Serena. I want her to beat Serena in straight sets.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
c'mon Serena!!!!!!!

doni1212
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Care to divulge where and from who you heard that info on her contract?

Yeah, what's going on with the contract?

vwfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
head and heart say Venus.

tennisIlove09
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I desperately want Venus to win against Serena. Venus deserves it more because she needs to even up their head to head and she has lost enough major finals to Serena. I want her to beat Serena in straight sets.
:worship:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I'm just the opposite. My head is with Venus, but my heart is with Serena.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I'm just the opposite. My head is with Venus, but my heart is with Serena.

My head is undecided, but my heart is with Ree