PDA

View Full Version : Who else is hoping that Serena lays a beatdown on Venus and her over-confident fans?

dave1971
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
personally I have always thought that the Venus fans are the most arrogant fanbase on this board and that they never really give Serena her due, they often implying that Venus is the better player "when she is on" despite Serena defeating her in 5 Slam finals. But Serena has the better all-around game and I hope she proves it on Saturday..

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Oh no not this !!!1!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mirzalover
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
blah blah blah you are not going to split the Williams fan base in half with your stupid thread. Its all Williams final and all Williams fans are happy.

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
silly me, i thought threads created to start an argument between fans weren't allowed:rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
I hope Serena lays a beatdown on you. :)

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
blah blah blah you are not going to split the Williams fan base in half with your stupid thread. Its all Williams fna and all Williams fans are happy.

Well said. Why would a Serena fan be hating on a Venus fan when the sisters are so close and loving:confused: I love both girls, Vee a bit more but I do not want anyone of them to beat down the other on Saturday.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
It's unnecessary to post something like this. Venus and Serena are sisters, disliking one, is equal to disliking the other one. Only liking Serena or Venus, means you aren't a fan at all.

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Nice effort troll to try and create hate between fanbases but it won't work ;) Just sit back and enjoy the Venus and Serena showdown on Saturday :cool:

LCS
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
and when no player other than a Williams is left to hate....their fans start hating each other...:lol: :weirdo:

Mina Vagante
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
It's unnecessary to post something like this. Venus and Serena are sisters, disliking one, is equal to disliking the other one. Only liking Serena or Venus, means you aren't a fan at all.

I'm not too fond of Venus yet I love Serena :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
:lol: people are grasping at straws the entire tournie to start something!!

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM

that's the dumbest thing i have ever read. they are two different people and two different players. i dont particularly care for serena but that doesnt make me any less of a fan.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
that's the dumbest thing i have ever read. they are two different people and two different players. i dont particularly care for serena but that doesnt make me any less of a fan.

Agreed. I don't mind Venus at all and root for her, but can't stand Serena. To say that if you like one you have to like the other is just a foolish statment. Speaking of foolish statements Serena fans are the arrogant ones, just to get the facts straight.

hotandspicey
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
:secret: UNITED WE STAND!!!!! TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY...NOR IS SATURDAY!! ALL WILLIAMS FINAL. :bounce: :yippee: :woohoo: :hatoff: :banana: :nerner:

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Agreed. I don't mind Venus at all and root for her, but can't stand Serena. To say that if you like one you have to like the other is just a foolish statment. Speaking of foolish statements Serena fans are the arrogant ones, just to get the facts straight.

no its not. So when they play doubles, you say "Goo Venus, Win the Title....Boooo Serena losE!!!". That's stupid.

Mina Vagante
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM

I thought we were friends :sad:

SharapovaFan16
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
no its not. So when they play doubles, you say "Goo Venus, Win the Title....Boooo Serena losE!!!". That's stupid.

I don't really watch tennis for doubles, much less ladies doubles. No offense.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM

True but you don't hate her right?

SharapovaFan16
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I thought we were friends :sad:

HAHA Not all Serena fans. Just a good handful. You know the old all it takes is 1 bad apple saying. That applies to the Serena fans which I'm sure can be applied to Maria's fan base as well. Just the arrogant ones stick out like sore thumbs.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM

Uhm dumbest? Maybe you are just an idiot. They are different, but yet they are quite the same. Have u talked with them before? No. Do it and you'll notice.

The only thing that's different between them is that Venus is more selective, closed and Serena is the opposite. As a player the only difference lies in the net game and Venus being slightly more a tactic thinker.

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
WHO cares, they both are in the final!!!
btw... I want V holding the trophy.
Love Serena but it's just numbers.

vwfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hooray for an all Williams final. Tennis history made again. Either way another Williams name will be on the trophy.

Now if they can only manage a shut out and take the doubles title as well. Tall order I know!

evibizzy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM

Sorry, but this post is complete bullshit. They are two different entities with two different personalities and two different styles. I happen to like that Venus has much more of a finesse game as well as a more classy attitude, whereas Serena is more of an efficient power ballbasher that has no respect for her opponents. No one's disputing her accomplishments because this style of play is obviously good enough to get the job done, but no one said I had to like her play or her as an individual either. I love Venus and strongly dislike Serena, and unless they're siamese twins, I don't have to like them both.

What's doubles :confused:

Kidding aside, I'd be rooting for Venus and if Serena wins as well, whatever. It's not like anything I wish could ever affect the outcome of their matches or what kind of career they'll retire with, but yeah, I really don't care about doubles, so it's kind of a non issue for me.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Sorry, but this post is complete bullshit. They are two different entities with two different personalities and two different styles. I happen to like that Venus has much more of a finesse game as well as a more classy attitude, whereas Serena is more of an efficient power ballbasher that has no respect for her opponents. No one's disputing her accomplishments because this style of play is obviously good enough to get the job done, but no one said I had to like her play or her as an individual either. I love Venus and strongly dislike Serena, and unless they're siamese twins, I don't have to like them both.

Serena Williams has no respect to her opponent. Damn it, what a stupid crack whore are you? Serena always has respect inside her heart, she's a very loving person. She has attitude, that's true, but that doesn't mean you don't have respect.

Search up the definition respect, you might be able to understand what it means.

Kenny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I respect both of them. Period. Of course I want Venus to win.. but I like them both.

Shame on the original poster. SHAME.

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
I was just htinking about the doubles and a possible WS sweep at the slam.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
I respect both of them. Period. Of course I want Venus to win.. but I like them both.

Shame on the original poster. SHAME.

His reputation on here says it all =D

Andy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Im hoping the exact opposite actually. Without the beat down part, I want a good match.

Serenidad.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM

Bitter Maria fan from all those asskickings. They have been so brutal I guess I can excuse your resentment. Maybe Serena will have an offday and the H2H will be like 14-3 instead of 15-2.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
ridiculous thread.

WF4EVER
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
So, you can't like one without liking the other? What the fuck is wrong with you people? Y'all need to get a life of your own and stop trying to live other people's.

I wonder what the average age of the folks in here is. Some of you are downright scary.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
I personally like both sisters. I don't find the Venus fans particularly arrogant either. Although, I hope that this is Serena' year to win Wimbledon. It's been a long time for Serena. But no matter who wins, I just hope that for a change the girls give each other a real tough fight to determine who should be the best of grass on Wimbie in 08.

matthieu_tennis
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
But serena said that she loves to do the same thing of her sister lol :)

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Uhm dumbest? Maybe you are just an idiot. They are different, but yet they are quite the same. Have u talked with them before? No. Do it and you'll notice.

The only thing that's different between them is that Venus is more selective, closed and Serena is the opposite. As a player the only difference lies in the net game and Venus being slightly more a tactic thinker.

You know it all, don't you ?? Thay may be the closest sisters in the world yet they are very different : essence, personality, style of play. THEY'RE NOT TWINS OKAYYYYY !

Calvin M.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
A win is a win, beatdown or not. As for the other part of your question, well, trash talk comes with the territory.

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
That is beyond stupid! Does that mean you think that one can't be a fan of Dinara Safina if they're not a fan of Marat Safin, or vice-versa?

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I was having a time figuring out who was who. I mean wtf? They're sisters, not even twins and certainly not clones.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I hope Serena wins, she deserves it... Venus has a lot of Wimbledons, she should let her sister win this time, since it´s a "family decision"! :haha:

Kenny
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I hope Serena wins, she deserves it... Venus has a lot of Wimbledons, she should let her sister win this time, since it´s a "family decision"! :haha:
Yeah, venus should let serena have 9 gs titles to her 6.. hell no! Go Venus! lol