PDA

View Full Version : Another abysmal all Williams final coming up...

Apoorv
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
But atleast we dont have pretenders. Only the real champions will be there :)

joćo.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I like them and they are true champions but the "pretenders" part is unnecessary, so is this thread. :weirdo:

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah loving these threads:lol:

Serenita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Will the real Champions please stand-up!

Venus and Serena

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
:p:nerner::ras::wavey:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
:lol: :lol:

It's like a return to the good ol' days. Same ol' complaints. :lol: Oh the Joy!!! :woohoo:

Apoorv
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Just can not wait for the filthy tennis match. ;)

Venus beat Serena 7-5 6-4 :armed:

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
I think we will see a different final from the prior ones. There will be alot of UFEs but competitive. However, if it does not I still do not care, my girls are right where they belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WF4EVER
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Let's just see what Courts they play on next year. Double singles finalists and possible doubles finals, too.
Wimbledon deserves Williams domination for constantly treating them like shit.

OsloErik
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
I think they'll actually play well! If Bangalore was any indication :wow:

TooBlack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
This will be a tooth & nails fight. Serena hasn't won in 5 years and Venus badly wants another Grand Slam. I think it's gonna go down to the wire but I think Venus' movement will prove special on Saturday!!!

mirzalover
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM

You and I are Sania Mirza fans. How are you going to call anyone out for FILTHY tennis.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
huge serve vs huge serve...hmmm lemmy see...

LCS
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
:yawn:

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Lets place it like that

Huge serve (venus) VS efficient serve (serena)

vwfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
and the drama begins. . .:lol:

Apoorv
You and I are Sania Mirza fans. How are you going to call anyone out for FILTHY tennis.

Sania hasnt got copyright for ugly tennis. Even Sania can not make the amount of UEs we are going to see in the final because she loses before that much time on her bad day :lol:

Bijoux0021
That's because Apoorv is a typical hypocrite? :shrug:

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
huge serve vs huge serve...hmmm lemmy see...

A mens match at SW19 :lol:

I can't wait!

I can sit back an relax! .. probably wont be like that because i member

Apoorv
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
That's because Apoorv is a typical hypocrite? :shrug:

I have said no lie :angel: History has proofs that Williams finals are ugly. I am still satisfied that its better than watching a Ivanovic vs Safina :rolleyes:

cn ireland
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I just hope that we get an excellent and exciting Wimbledon final this year. The women's game needs a classic GS final cos there hasn't been one since Wimbledon 06!

Mightymirza
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Blow on Ana and Safina was totally uncalled for :lol: but go venus ;)

Mightymirza
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I just hope that we get an excellent and exciting Wimbledon final this year. The women's game needs a classic GS final cos there hasn't been one since Wimbledon 06!

just one year has passed since then :rolleyes: For RG its been ages!!!

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
How can you say it is terrible when Vee and Ree clearly deserve to be there.

There are several scenarios that would lead to a terrible final but two great, multiple champs playing for the big prize is not abysmal.

ilovethewilliams
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
However abysmal it will be it sure cant be worst than that trainwreck we saw in Australia earlier this year.

matty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
This is hardly abysmal-I think it's great-hasn't it been like 5 years since they've been in a Grandslam final together? I thinks it's exciting because a lot of people thought their careers were pretty much over-now another Williams sister is going to win a GS Title this year!!!

Congratulations to Serena and Venus--simply amazing!!!

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
How can you say it is terrible when Vee and Ree clearly deserve to be there.
There are several scenarios that would lead to a terrible final but two great, multiple champs playing for the big prize is not abysmal.
"Deserve" has nothing to do with it. They won their rounds and they made it to the finals.

However abysmal it will be it sure cant be worst than that trainwreck we saw in Australia earlier this year.
Not to you clearly. To others it can be worse - much worse.

There are some people who really like WS finals and some people who don't.

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah... WS final!!!!

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
I think they'll actually play well! If Bangalore was any indication :wow:

lmfao did you actualy see the banagalore match, it was close but apart from about 5 points it was just horrid tennis! i remember 1 point where venus hit a high forehand that hit the backboard and was still rising.
there both amazing players but i expect a crap match from them on saturday, but i'll still watch lol

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
I agree that in the past there have been some clunkers between the sis's.

But this time might be different, as Serena hasn't won Wimbledon in so long and is super motivated too, (hopefully) regardless of who is across the net. Also, Venus hasn't beaten Serena in a Wimbledon final, and I don't believe Serena wants her to start now! :)!

But I also see the motivation for Venus to win. First, I wonder if Venus is sick of some people saying that she's mentally not as tough as Serena. It might be time to prove to the world that not only can she match little sister mentally, but grass is VENUS' realm!

Even though I don't think that Venus will ever catch Graf of Navratilova, she could catch King with six wins. So to get number five would be a step in that direction. Although, I don't know if Venus really thinks about records. That's me hoping she challenges for the record.

I think it could be fun if the girls can manage to come in with some attitude, and forget that they're roommates, doubles partners, and sisters.

I do think it will be a serve fest, but in my opinion, Serena has the better return. I have my money on Serena to win.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
just one year has passed since then :rolleyes: For RG its been ages!!!

2 years.

there hasn't been a classic competitive final for all GS since wimbledon 06
and then the next one before that wimbledon 05
and then the next one before that is debatable....

Apoorv
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM

I could not watch the match. But my score prediction was accurate :angel:

Go Venus!!

Apoorv
Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM

I made this thread last year and predicted the right result. Here we go again. Another bad final coming up. Nothing against WS thought, just that they play piss poor when against each other.

Golovinjured.
Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Imagine playing your brother/sister on centre court, and trying to destroy them infront of millions of people.

Not the easiest thing to do, even after trying to do it 20 times before. :lol:

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Imagine playing your brother/sister on centre court, and trying to destroy them infront of millions of people.

Not the easiest thing to do, even after trying to do it 20 times before. :lol:

see im the opposite, me and my sister are so over competitive about anything. i would love to beat her when theres something big on the line.

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
see im the opposite, me and my sister are so over competitive about anything. i would love to beat her when theres something big on the line.

But the point is you dont have to beat her when something big is on the line, yet alone when the whole world will know about it. It takes a cold person to shrug off the dissapointment and heartbreak of a loved one that has come at your hands.

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
But the point is you dont have to beat her when something big is on the line, yet alone when the whole world will know about it. It takes a cold person to shrug off the dissapointment and heartbreak of a loved one that has come at your hands.

its only sport, i would love to beat my sister in a slam final. shes strong enough to take it on the chin and if anything it would make her more determined to beat me next time. we can love each other but still be ultra competitive with each other, as we are secure in the fact that when it comes down to it we are brother and sister and love each other and thats the bottom line.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM

ditto.

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
But atleast we dont have pretenders. Only the real champions will be there :)
Responding to the thread title
I can understand your disappointement because Dementieva lost in valiant effort, but it is bad form to denigrade the WS fial.

This is history in the making. You will never see 2 sisters again on top of their game, in the same sport.

Having won all 4 GS in singles, doubles and mixed doubles. These are all the possible combination competition on the WTA, if I am not mistaken.

Take your misery elsewhere, let those of us who want enjoy tennis and the WS final do so.

RenaSlam.
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Stop bitching about it.

Larrybidd
Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
To the idiots who keep posting these threads, I simply ask this: When was the last GS final, that didn't have all-Williams in it, any good? An all-Wiliams final is as likely to be good-to-great as any other match-up. Look it up. Its borne out by history.

If you are a Williams hater, it sucks for you, I know. But don't pretend this has anything to do with the quality of the final, because compelling final matches are rare. The Williams' have nothing to do with that, other than they usually route their opponents in the finals. It takes 2 to make a compelling match.

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
its only sport, i would love to beat my sister in a slam final. shes strong enough to take it on the chin and if anything it would make her more determined to beat me next time. we can love each other but still be ultra competitive with each other, as we are secure in the fact that when it comes down to it we are brother and sister and love each other and thats the bottom line.

How beautiful! :rolleyes:

Its not only sport, its their entire lives work. Though they play it cool, they both work insanely hard to be where they are, and so for one to have to walk away with nothing isnt easy. Dont chat bull and say your sister is strong enough to take it, because thats pure speculation and you cant predict how somebody would take a tough defeat. How are you even trying to deny its tougher to play a sister than a nobody you couldnt care less about.

The Dawntreader
Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Moan, moan moan.

I'd take a William Sisters final over all the dire Clijsters/Henin, All-Russian finals anyday.

T-rex
Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Moan, moan moan.

I'd take a William Sisters final over all the dire Clijsters/Henin, All-Russian finals anyday.

Good call!

When it comes the "sisters" the double standards continue.

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Moan, moan moan.

a mix of them would be nice, matches between country women/sisters are normally bad.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM

you're a bit of a wad, aren't you?

Melly Flew Us
Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:18 PM
.... Not to you clearly. To others it can be worse - much worse.

There are some people who really like WS finals and some people who don't.
yes but the competition will be greater tomorrow, meaning that the people who are proclaiming that they hate the match before the first ball has even been struck actually mean that they hate seeing the sisters vying for the top title in the sport for reasons other than the quality of play.

it is this prejudging hatred that is the crux of the matter and the reason why i love it when an allwilliams final occurs - i love seeing the 'prejudgers' squirm.:bounce: