PDA

View Full Version : SF: Serena def Jie 6-2 7-6(5)

eck
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Pity, it could have gone to third set.

Serena's serve saved her A LOT.
First set she was unbeatable.

Jie :worship:
Brought her game together in the second set. Pity it had to end in a DF. :sad:

doni1212
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Good job, Serena!!!

John.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Congrats Rena

Great effort from Jie in the 2nd set

Mikey.
Well done Serena. Nice job holding it together to take the win in the end. :worship:

Nice tournament Zheng. Too bad you couldn't get to the final :hug:

Paialii
I can't believe it took so long for one of these to be posted!

Serena looked amazing in the first set -- a little dip in the second but that's to be expected with the delays. I'm SOOOOOO stoked about an all Williams final!

jbeacinu
damn
jie
could have made it to 3rd set boo :(

Just Do It
Jie :( Serena had a great serving day, if not, Jie would beat her.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
I'm absolutely in love with Zheng's game :hearts: She makes her shots look so effortless, what a pity she served that DF :(
As for Serena. If she hadn't had that serve today, it might have been much more interesting. Oh and that overdramatic come ons in TB :help:

sweetpeas
I got so weak.It"s time to get my drink"s on! Well done SERENA M. WILLIAMSq!!!!!!

Dodoboy.
The single best serving ever by a woman in a grand slam match!!!

:worship:

DEMONIC, UN-HUMAN, GORGEOUS!

What a great show!

Serena v Venus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I AM SOOOO HAPPYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sobbing:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jie :worship:

waterlily_021989
Sad it had to end with a double fault,I like Zheng's game and the way she builds up points,she played really well today and made Serena work hard for her victory.

kwilliams
It was sad that it ended with a DF for Jie. She should be proud of herself.

Well done Serena. Congratulations!

Her 4th Wimbledon final, Venus' 7th and their 3rd together! What a great story...I just love it!

InsideOut.
Wasted a set point in 2nd set :sobbing: Very good baseline game from Little Jie, if Serena didn't have her serve to help her out she would have lost.

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Well done, Serena. :inlove: So glad you didn't go to three sets because I don't think I could have handled it.

Nice fighting from Jie. Congratulations on an amazing run. :yeah:

Apoleb
Amazing stuff from Jie.

She was never going to win with the difference in serving. But seriously, for me Serena = big serve.

Serenita
Nice effort Jie
:bounce:Serena:bounce:

Destiny
I am so happy am jumping like a foul

Jie was fucking amazing :worship: Love her now

Serena your foul so glad it didn't go to 3rd set

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Jie :sad: :hug: Anyway, thank god that she didn't get a beatdown.:p

Serena :yeah:

Avid Merrion
:hearts: well done Serena!! great to see you in a Wimbledon final again :yeah:

Jie :worship: well played, you had me extremely nervous in that second set....:scared:

Dodoboy.
I'm absolutely in love with Zheng's game :hearts: She makes her shots look so effortless, what a pity she served that DF :(
As for Serena. If she hadn't had that serve today, it might have been much more interesting. Oh and that overdramatic come ons in TB :help:

Nothing is overdramatic in a grand slam SF!

:bounce:

IDIOT :o

Jie played soooo well!

I doubt any player in the top 10 would have been able to stay with Serena the way she did today! :bounce:

Easily the best WC performance in years! Second set just too good from her.

roxi
Great match!!! Jie was so close to winning that 2nd set!!! Congrats to Serena she served excellent today!!!

ce
Jie :sad:
i love her :hearts:
her game :hearts:

cocco80
Congrats Ree !!! you deserve to go to the final and play your sis.

Jie. You have nothing to feel bad about. What a fighter. I wish this would have gone in 3rd but she missed her opportunity and I knew it would be over soon.

Kudos to both girls and that thrilling second set.

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
:woohoo: Serena. Take the title!

Jie :clap2: Awesome tournament, hope to see more of her.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah: Great win. I was so nervous at the end, especially when Jie's return clipped the tape :scared:

Good luck in the final :hug: Hope you take the title.

Dodoboy.
:haha: At people saying 'without the serve ...'

Although i think you may be right but i think without Jie's backhand she wouldnt have came close to that match :shrug:

young_gunner913
Great stuff from Jie. I hope we hear/see a lot more from her. :)

Congrats Serena!! :hearts::hug::bigclap:

Venus vs. Serena :woohoo::hearts::worship:

Thanx4nothin

I don' think so, but I think it wuld have went to three. Jie was outclased in every department in the first, and i think had it wen three, Serena would have pulled it out. Good match from Serena....can't wait for Saturday.

Shafanovic.
Great tournament Jie!!! :yeah: Hope you can go one step or two steps further next time, :hug:

Moves up 93 places to 40 :eek: :eek:

The Daviator
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Serena! :woohoo: Back in the Wimbledon final :D

That 2nd set was so tense, Jie played amazing :worship: I hope she keeps her form up :yeah:

Miss Atomic Bomb
congatz on an amaazing run jie

serena...just awesome :hug:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jie :sad: What a shame she didnt put in that return on second serve at SP. But oh well, anyway, great performance. So sad it ended with a DF, yep. Jie, really, congrats. Thank u for giving us those 2 wonderful weeks. This is only the start :) :worship: Cant wait to see u again :hug: Now, just go to your hometown to rest, and enjoy with your family what you made. You deserve it so much.

Congrats Serena, amazing serve today :yeah: Hope u win the title :)

Thanx4nothin
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Nothing is overdramatic in a grand slam SF!

:bounce:

IDIOT :o

Jie played soooo well!

I doubt any player in the top 10 would have been able to stay with Serena the way she did today! :bounce:

Easily the best WC performance in years! Second set just too good from her.

I agree, the over dramatic comment is an obvious and uncalled for dig, Dementieva's screaming at random intervals earlier in the day was worse, but I can totally understand her doing that, so for Serena to shout come on a few times in a 2nd set tiebreak, not much drama....:o

Serenita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Jie has a great game, just needs to work on that serve.
Serena hatsoff, your the best

Serenidad.
Winnerena, bitch.

Jie Zheng hits that backhand so hard and crisp. It is a very potent shot, and I will keep my eye on her during the build up to the USO. She even managed to hit a 110 MPH serve today (didn't go in), but just the simple fact she can generate that power at her height.

homogenius
Just saw the second set and Zheng fought very well.She waisted a SP at 6-5 with a stupid return but at the end Serena's serve was just too good.She avoided a third set with aces and greats serves but she wasn't that good in rallies.
All in all a decent showing from Zheng who was courageous at the end of second set.

Nice use of her draw, and finally Serena is making another final.Firt since AO 07 but this time she plays Venus who could win this one.Just hope we'll have a thrilling battle and not another deceptive final between the two.

Libertango
Oh My, if only Jie could have that set point back ... :sobbing: She played sooo well in that 2nd set, if only it could have gone to three. And I'm sad it ended on a DF :sad: But overall, gotta say HUGE congrats to Jie! What an amazing championship for her! :worship:

Serena was AMAZING! The way she played in the first set, she is unbeatable. Congrats Serena! :kiss:

moby
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM

Although i think you may be right but i think without Jie's backhand she wouldnt have came close to that match :shrug:It's absolutely true though.

Both Asian girls (Tammy and Jie) were outrallying the Williams sisters from the baseline; the surface worked in favour of their low flat shots in the rallies. The difference was as much the serve as it is the return. Neither Tammy and Jie could put enough returns back in court if their lives depended on it, and as great as Venus and Serena were serving in their respective matches, I don't think it's an excuse to fail to return as many serves as they did.

Definitely something both of them should work on.

Slumpsova
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Jie was amazingly good :eek:
i think if she can keep this level she will be top 20 for sure.

Brooklyn90
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Serena :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Jie :hug:

Max565
Congrats Serena and well done Jie! :D I love her now! :hearts::kiss::worship::bounce:

The crowd wanted so badly for Jie to grab the second set! I did too and it was funny seeing the crowd cheer slightly louder for Jie but this was the right outcome... a Williams x2 final will be much more competitive. ;)

starin

Wasted a set point in 2nd set :sobbing: Very good baseline game from Little Jie, if Serena didn't have her serve to help her out she would have lost.

and if Jie had the pressure Serena had she would have lost 61 61. or if Jie didn't benefit from being so low to the ground and being so fast she would have lost 60 60 and if there was no rain delay Jie would've lost 62 63.

:shrug: so what's your point?

Champions use their serve to bail them out in big moments. I've seen Roger and Nadal do it many times. And Serena's game is so much more than a big serve. She prolly hit more winners than Jie minus the aces so u all can go shove it. And Serena doesn't serve consistently big. At some points during Wimbledon Jankovic had a higher avg 1st serve speed than Serena. Serena places and mixes up her serves beautifully.

:worship: Serena amazing to save the set point. and :worship: to hold it together after playing so well and then having the rain delay completely mess up your momentum and lift Jie up. Great stuff. Do your best in the final!!

Serenita
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Serena go and claim that title

Craig.
Serena overdramatic much?
Congrats. Lose in the final, please. :p

Great tournament, Jie. Amazing second set, shame it had to end with a double fault. Keep improving. :hug:

Shinjiro
best serve in women's tennis :eek:

Jie :sobbing:

дalex
Jie plays great tennis. I'm impressed! :yeah:

Serena, win the title! :hearts:

Anna F'd Enrique
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Nice try Jie Zheng, you had a SP. Now keep up this level hun...

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
and if Jie had the pressure Serena had she would have lost 61 61. or if Jie didn't benefit from being so low to the ground and being so fast she would have lost 60 60 and if there was no rain delay Jie would've lost 62 63.

Champions use their serve to bail them out in big moments. I've seen Roger and Nadal do it many times. And Serena's game is so much more than a big serve. She prolly hit more winners than Jie minus the aces so u all can go shove it. And Serena doesn't serve consistently big. At some points during Wimbledon Jankovic had a higher avg 1st serve speed than Serena. Serena places and mixes up her serves beautifully.

:worship: Serena amazing to save the set point. and :worship: to hold it together after playing so well and then having the rain delay completely mess up your momentum and lift Jie up. Great stuff. Do your best in the final!!

What pressure ? A champion like Serena is shouldnt have a pressure playing against a player ranked outside top100 :p

I am not saying anything bad, just it is obvious Jie completely outplayed Serena in rallies in the 2nd, her shots down the line were too good for Serena to get them.

serenafan08
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
I love Jie's story; I think it's great that she's used that as motivation to keep her going in the tournament. She played terrific, and showed that her wins over Vaidisova and Ivanovic weren't flukes - I never thought they were to begin with - but she proved that she's one to be watching for in the future. Congrats to her on a great run here.

YAY SERENA!!! :bounce: It's great to see the hard work finally paying off for her, and I think that this is the start of another good run for her. Great to see her and Venus in the finals, and it should be a pretty good match because they both kicked it up in this round. What a possible finals weekend - The Williams sisters and then maybe Nadal vs. Federer!!! This is going to be a great weekend for tennis!

serenafann
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yes Yes Yes! I love you Serena.I Will be rooting for you very strongly,in the final.

Well done Jie.I was nervous about this match.I Knew you would be tough to beat.
You should be proud.

mdterp01
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
ALL WILLIAMS FINAL BABY!! Hats off to Zheng for making a match of it in the second but again...SURFACE MATTERS. You need a good serve to win Wimbledon. That was the downfall of Zheng and Dementieva today.

Fan_of_Venus
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Congratulations Serena. But I want Venus to win the title.

joo.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:03 PM
Congrats, Rena! GL in the final.
Jie :) Just that DF in the end was ~*blah to end this amazing tournament.

G&R
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
congrats serena...her service saved her a lot.....well done jie!!!

pancake
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
People shouldn't say stuff like 'if Serena didn't have such serve...', it's not her fault that she has a great serve:shrug: Indeed, it's IMPORTANT to have a good serve, nowadays many up-and-comers have some crappy serves and they are almost, ALMOST a great player but they just forget to work on their serve. You can avoid a great forehand or a super good backhand but you just can't avoid a serve. So kudos to Serena, who, unfortunately, may be the very few top players know how to serve well.

Congrats Serena on the win, what a great serve. And Jie:hug:, fought really, really well and she's so brave today, and so few UEs, hardly gave Serena any free points. An entertaining 2nd set.

SAEKeithSerena
serena...am SO proud of you.
let's have one epic final.
serena in 3.

Miss Atomic Bomb
to all arrogant serena haters saying without her serve she would have lost..you guys are idiots...tomorrow you will say without her forehand stefi would have lost..you cannot take away a part of someone's game ..every little detail of someone's game is an important aspect in the final scheme of things...which is winning....
..!..

gotthebend
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Serena served fantastically today.
Her first serve was mostly unreturnable.

But Jie played some brave tennis today.
Her backhand is money.lol

(Also thanks Starsport for showing every single match of all Chinese and Southeastern players.:rolleyes:)

Paul.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I am absolutely devastated that Jie didn't take that set point :sad:

She was incredible in the second set, but all I have to say is that was the best serving I have seen from Serena for a very long time. Jie was playing like a top 10 player for much of that second set, and if Serena hadn't served so brilliantly, I am almost sure the match would have gone to a third. The ironic thing is, Jie was looking at a second serve on the set point, so it was an invaluable opportunity. I was gutted at the end of the tiebreak too because she'd managed to recover the mini break.

I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of how amazing this tournament has been. A final would have been fantastic, but on the other hand, it did Bartoli no good whatsoever and at least it's 250 points that she doesn't have to defend next year :lol:

But yeah, I'm so proud to be a Jie fan right now, especially after all of the recent injury problems. I became her fan when she was caught up in an early 2006 6 match losing streak.. and look at her now :)

Jie :bowdown::hug:

Serena. I fucking hate you for serving so fucking well :dance:

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I was very impressed with Zheng in the 2nd set. She can toe-to-toe with Serena Williams and generate great ground-strokes. Of course Williams has that serve. And, as Federer, says it's important to be serving well because it's the only shot you have full control over.

Congrats to Serena Williams.

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Congrats. Lose in the final, please. :p

Great tournament, Jie. Amazing second set, shame it had to end with a double fault. Keep improving. :hug:

:)

aussie_fan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Fun 2nd set that would of been great if it had of gone to a third. Got to love the way Zheng hits the ball, going to have keep an eye out for what she does in the future.

Serena's serve saved her in the second but that's always a big thing on the grass, well done to her.

DownTheLine21
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Great win. Both women played amazing tennis (18 UE total), and it was highly entertaining. Jie should definitely be happy with her tournament, and I hope this isn't a fluke for her.

TooBlack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Helloooooooooooooo People!!! The serve is an important part of the game! There are plenty of people who wish they had Serena's serve. That slice was a killah today. Great job serving by Serena and great thinking on the court. Her placement was well-done! Now lose to Venus tomorrow!

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
:)

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
What pressure ? A champion like Serena is shouldnt have a pressure playing against a player ranked outside top100 :p

I am not saying anything bad, just it is obvious Jie completely outplayed Serena in rallies in the 2nd, her shots down the line were too good for Serena to get them.

:lol:

Blu
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Jie great fight, shame it had to end here :worship::sobbing::sobbing:

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Let's add something more, Serena squandered a lot of chances today in the match. She should run more often to the net when she's getting a higher ball, and just click it over the net :).

But either way, Jie played great and should remember this tournament and repeat this more often :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
:worship: serena

serena haters :wavey:

cn ireland
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats Serena:)! She served really well today.

Its a pity that Zheng wasn't able to take the set point in the 2nd set, cos it could've been a very interesting final set.

Congrats to Zheng on a wonderful tournament though, I have alot of admiration for her now:hearts:!

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Amazing tournament from Jie :worship:

Good serves from Serena when she really needed them. Congrats to her on making the finals. Reetards, let the battle commence!!:armed: :p :lol:

Lulu.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Well done Serena! :yeah:

Never in doubt, now please win the final. :bounce:

Noctis
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Amazing Tournament Jie :worship: Keep doing it,I love her Bh,hope she do well in US AND OLYMPICS.

SERENA!!!!!!!! YES ANOTHER FINAL.BEAT VENUS AGAIN TAKE THE CROWN!!!!
GO RENA GO RENA.

IT WAS EMOTIONAL FOR ME.BECAUSE I AM ASIAN AND A RENA FAN.

koppted
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Serena had far more winners even in the 2nd set, so i'm not sure what the hell you guys are saying about serves. As if she should just drop her serve. lol. She just happend to make more unforced error

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Serena improves her record to 48-2 against players outside of the top 100 :eek:

l. to Annie Miller in Quebec City Qualies in 1995
l. to TianTian Sun in Beijing R16 in 2005

:eek::worship:

moby
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Serena had far more winners even in the 2nd set, so i'm not sure what the hell you guys are saying about serves. As if she should just drop her serve. lol. She just happend to make more unforced errorTwo things to note:

1) A lot of those winners were probably service winners.
2) Jie probably forced more errors, but that's a stat that's never published. Serena hit 8 UEs in the whole of the second set, just 5 more than Jie!

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM

That's what i like to see!

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Another very strong performance from Serena.

I was afraid that she might have a weaker day because it seemed impossible for her to play better that in her previous match.

In the first set, however, she was totally dominant. So much in fact that after winning it easily she seemed to have lost some focus and resolve in the second, as if she was feeling that the rest of the match was merely a formality.

Seeing the window of opportunity, Zheng Jie got back into the match with a series of excellent, highly effective angle shots. Serena helped her with a few errors and we were finally being treated to an exciting second half of the set.

Serena, who up to this point was serving well but not as spectacularly as in her Quarterfinal match, began adding service aces at important moments, but Zheng Jie was refusing to let down her arms. She lifted her game considerably and was fighting for every point.

I am very impressed with Zheng -- what a way to finish her run at Wimbledon!

Serena warded off the challenge from Zheng with supreme authority, though.

I have no idea what effect two rain breaks may have had on how the match developed in the second set.

The match, in my opinion, was much better than the other Semifinal match.

Congratulations to all supporters of Serena for the style in which she won, and to all fans of Zheng Jie for the style in which she lost. I am sure she will be remembered...

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
That was a fun match! Wish it could have been longer because a third-set would have been awesome quality. Serena played beautifully, as did Zheng. Serena is just a better-quality player. Shame it had to end on a double-fault!

blumaroo
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Like the commentator said: Serena served but Jie played tennis.
Venus should win unless she serves a low percentage.

Alec
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
It's a very high quality match! :)

Jie played extremely well! :bounce:

there should be a 3rd set.:mad:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
This match has just now come on in Los Angeles. In the first few games, considering that this is Jie's first big grand slam singles later rounds match, Jie is striking the ball well, and showing good court sense. She may be a little tight, but who can blame her.

Jie's only 5'4!!!!!! That's not to her advantage. Okay, off to enjoy the match. Congrats to Serena, and to Jie. Now Serena, it's time to take the title! Family ties be damned! ;)!

Calypso
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
Congratulations Serena!
What a fantastic fight back by Jie. She was soo close to taking the 2nd set, what a missed chance on the backhand crosscourt return on set point! Choosing to go down the line instead of the solid xcourt she had been playing proved costly, imo. Serena looked VERY nervous at that point, but when Jie made the return error on that attackable 2nd serve and Serena roared, I knew Jie's chance had passed her by.

Serena's serve was absolutely awesome today, and pulled her out of trouble on most of the big points.

What surprised me was how Jie started to get the upper hand in the rallies as the 2nd set wore on. She smacked some fantastic backhand cross-courts! And her depth of shot was spot on, too.

She certainly proved that she can go toe to toe with the best, good luck Jie:kiss:! Unfortunately for her, her serving was never going to match Serena's, even though she upped the pace on her 1st serve in the 2nd set. Well done, and thank you to both girls on an entertaining semifinal:bounce:!

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Let's add something more, Serena squandered a lot of chances today in the match. She should run more often to the net when she's getting a higher ball, and just click it over the net :).

But either way, Jie played great and should remember this tournament and repeat this more often :)

I agree with every word.

Still, one cannot deny that Serena was never letting the match to get out of control, despite the fact that not once but several times in the end of the match she was under real pressure. A mark of a champion.

SunriseSunset
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Got a bit scared near the end but glad Serena won!! I still love Jie and hope she celebrates hard.

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM

:hearts:

Venus should win unless she serves a low percentage

I'm not sure at all about that. I'll be rooting for Venus, but she looked physically tired in that second set.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats Serena!! :rocker2:

Jie:hug:

I'm sorry that i didn't get to see any of the match :sad:.

-VSR-
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
All Williams final. :hearts:

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
finally Serena you beat her! :bounce::worship:

Now win the final:)

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
finally Serena you beat her! :bounce::worship:

Now win the final:)

Bitter much? :weirdo:

I wanted to tell you that fact some weeks before, but .... i´ll do it now:

You are the most annoying poster on this board :wavey:

bandabou
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Serve is part of the game, so don't hate on Serena for having the best serve in women's tennis. 48 aces and counting!!! :eek: Congrats babygirl!

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM

Wasn't the Miller match her first match ever? :lol:

Only one loss to a non-top-100 player since then :worship:

Ellery
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
OMG Jie :hearts: :inlove: Amazing performance, I am so proud of you girl :inlove:

Congrats Serena. Good luck in the final.

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Bitter much? :weirdo:

I wanted to tell you that fact some weeks before, but .... ill do it now:

You are the most annoying poster on this board :wavey:

:weirdo:

I'm expressing joy about one of my faves who beat a player in the Wimbledon SF.

I imagine you miss that feeling since long time and you are just bitter:tape:

winone23
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well done Serena! Keep making history!

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
:weirdo:

I'm expressing joy about one of my faves who beat a player in the Wimbledon SF.

I imagine you miss that feeling since long time and you are just bitter:tape:

No, it was not this post.
It´s your childish and arrogant behaviour against other posters (especially Sharapova-Fans) that i can´t stand. I´m not a Sharapova-Fan so i guess i´m not too biased :wavey:

And i won´t give you a bad-rep back, you don´t deserve even that!

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
No, it was not this post.
Its your childish and arrogant behaviour against other posters (especially Sharapova-Fans) that i cant stand. Im not a Sharapova-Fan so i guess im not too biased :wavey:

okaaaayy Mother Theresa of Vienna :weirdo:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
okaaaayy Mother Theresa of Vienna :weirdo:

God will forgive you one day :angel:

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Serve is part of the game, so don't hate on Serena for having the best serve in women's tennis. 48 aces and counting!!! :eek: Congrats babygirl!

Exactly! :worship:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: Serena!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Great serving.

Great second set by Jie and congrats on making the semis.

All is right with the world again. Another all Williams Final!!! :D

I'm so happy and relaxed. It was a great day today and it's going to be even great er on Saturday.

debopero
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Serena :D !

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm so proud of Serena. Congratulations. Take this momentum and power into the final. It's yours :clap2:

drake3781
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM

Really? That's exactly how I felt, but not sure I could have put it into words. Which commentator said that? :confused: And how to say that without coming across as an insult to Serena (or how did it come across?); I would love to hear the context.

Shinjiro
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
not an insult IMO, it's the best way to win cheap points when you can't beat your opponent from the baseline.

Nobody's Perfecc
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Congrats to Serena! Beautiful serving! You're gonna have to improve your ground game to beat Venus in the finals. A little bit too defensive in the 2nd set and in some points unnecessarily going for too much. I agree that had Serena's serve been off today that this match would have gone to 3 sets, but I still feel that Serena would have toughed it out in the end due to her experience and fight.

Great job to Jie! I have always thought she was a very capable and talented singles player, even four years ago when her and Serena played in Wimbledon. Back then, I was a little nervous that Serena would get upset but I was glad she proved me wrong. Four years later, she has focused more on doubles and not lived up to her potential in singles. That is until this Wimbledon! Congratulations to her for a great tournament and I hope she starts making strides in singles as well as doubles.

The Daviator
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM

So how did she win the first set 6-2? :confused:

LDF
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Serena :woohoo:

So pleased to see her in another Wimbledon final. I'll be rooting for her on Saturday [though I'll be happy whatever the outcome is].

Jie :hug: She has been the star of the tournament :worship:

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Jie :hug:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

:worship::worship::worship: I have been trying to find the winners to errors ratio for both since the end of the match. But, I think that because Jie is such a new player and it's so amazing that she could make it that far unseeded that the winners she made outshine all of the winners (minus service winners) Serena made in this match. But, they know Serena is more than just a serve ;) and she has dug deep to pull out third set wins against better players than Jie. So, please. :lol:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM

Not considering it was a close second set tie break in the semi-final of a Grand Slam.

Masharific, sour grapes much?

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM

Although i think you may be right but i think without Jie's backhand she wouldnt have came close to that match :shrug:
Crazy isn't it. :lol:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

Well, that commentator was stupid, because with only 8 UFE's in the second set, I think Serena was playing some tennis too. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
So how did she win the first set 6-2? :confused:

Yes and just how did Serena break back at 4-2 and win the next game to bring it even again to 4-4? Or, get those mini breaks in the tie-break?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Wasn't the Miller match her first match ever? :lol:

Only one loss to a non-top-100 player since then :worship:

Yeah, that was her first match ever.

But I don't like to make excuses for my fave. So, yes...as a 14 year-old, she lost to the 149th ranked player in the world in her first professional match. :yeah:

bandabou
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
not an insult IMO, it's the best way to win cheap points when you can't beat your opponent from the baseline.

I guess we should abort the serve then..just start games with groundstrokes then, no?

Shinjiro
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
When did I say that ? :confused: I was actually defending your fave...

A great serve gives you many free points. Nothing new...

50Sense
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Didn't see the match but I can't wait to watch. Serena wants it bad. Venus wants it bad. Looks like we'll be getting a hard fought final!

Congrats Serena...

Pasta-Na
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
congratulations serena :)

good scoreline, little jie. :p

Il Primo!
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Brava Serena. Mission accomplished so far :worship:

Love the drama at 6-5 Reena, with the yells and all :rolls:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
If Jie had converted the BP in the 2nd set... :sad:

Nevermind, it was a good run from her anyway... and you have gained legions of new fans these few days :hug: Good luck in the Olympics and US Open!

Serena... win the whole tournament now! :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Jie was amazingly good :eek:
i think if she can keep this level she will be top 20 for sure.

:scared: :tape: :help:

tuna said something to little jie! :eek: