PDA

View Full Version : Jie Zheng - Appreciate

John.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

I know she just lost, but let's celebrate her efforts throughout this fortnight.

Ivanovic, Szavay & Vaidisova couldn't handle her, and it took a real effort in the 2nd set from Rena to dismiss her.

Congrats on reaching the SF Jie, and hopefully it won't be your last time in the big time

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Simply can do this:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

eck
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
X

Again, a pity it had to end in a DF.

Polikarpov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Hat's off. This girl impressed me a lot in this tournament. She could hold her head up high. There's no shame in losing to a great player like Serena.

-sugi-
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
:worship:

shirley
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Congrats to Jie. She did really well to reach the semis, knocked out some fantastic players and made Serena work a little bit. I hope she does well in other tournaments now and pushes on and that it wasn't a one slam wonder :worship:

Adal
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
She played so well in the 2nd set :)

gmak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
i kinda liked her before, but now i am definitely a fan!

wish many of my faves had Jie's positive attitude on court :rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Absolutely amazing.

She was one of the best stories at Wimbledon this year. Congrats Jie. :hug:

Mikey.
:worship: She is amazing. The way she handled the pressure at the end of that 2nd set was really amazing. She would hit winners on break points :eek: Except for match point, she was playing incredibly after the 2nd rain delay. :)

lavigne41
The girl done good. :)

Libertango
I could watch her all day - I love her attitude, her strokes, her flat ball, even her grunt. She is so good to watch, I love her! Also, I think she's very pretty, especialyl off court, and I find her english adorable. Love you Jie! You should feel very proud! :hearts: :worship:

tequila
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Jie :worship:

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
She was simply amazing scared the hell out of me with her devilish shots

Dawn it she did good for herself and her country well done :worship:

Wonder how many Chinese watched this ??

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Wonderful tournament for her. Great story and some great tennis. Is it Jie Zheng, or Zheng Jie?

Temperenka

She beat 4 seeds! Including the 1 seed, which was her best performance. She proved she could go the distance against Nicole and proved she could crush people quickly as well. A great player..and I'm not bitter at all that she beat my favorite player. Hats off Zhen, you deserve it. :)

Dodoboy.
Just one win away from a bartoli run :(

IMO she played much better than Bartoli did :shrug:

But i probably cannot remember.

Great tournament. Hopefully she can do something on the hardcourtS!! :worship:

ce
:hearts:
:worhip:

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
She shocked me with her strokes playing, to stay with Serena was no easy feat. Congrats and if she was playing some one else I would cheer for her but she was playing one of my gals. Again congrtas for reaching the semis and making it a competitive match in the 2nd set.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jie :worship: :hug: She beat like a few seeded players to come to this far.:yeah:

mdterp01
Definitely appreciate. She could've lost 2 and 2 but she made a match of it. Centre Court...the rain delays...the overwhelming underdog status...facing those break points at 5-5 coming back after the second rain delay...the girl had a set point to force it to 3 and really make things interesting. She lost to the best player of this generation. Nothing wrong with that. Ashame it ended on a double fault though. But it doesn't take away from her great effort in the second set. :worship::hearts:

Zheng....you made everyone proud!! Nice scene with Serena and Zheng at the net at the end of the match. :kiss:

Apoleb
It required a superhuman effort by anyone to break Serena, and she did it. That says enough.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Wonderful tournament for her. Great story and some great tennis. Is it Jie Zheng, or Zheng Jie?

We pronounce "Zheng Jie" in Mandarin but westerners like to put their last names in front of their surnames, so it becomes Jie Zheng.;)

waterlily_021989

Serenidad.
Backhand is amazing. She is very confident in that shot and it is crisp and stays very low. She has the pace of serve, but maybe not the first serve percentage. Hopefully, she can work on getting more quality 1st serves in because she served a 110 MPH fault -- impressive for her size.

Steff_forever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
much spirit in fighting, this player is good enough for top20.

Hopefully Jie will stay healthy in the following seasons without another setback in her career

Shafanovic.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
It was a great second set from Jie. I was so happy when she made it into the semis. Too bad she lost today, I'm crying!! I wanted her to play in the finals!

Hachiko
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Well done Jie, she finally broke through!

Libertango
Nice scene with Serena and Zheng at the net at the end of the match. :kiss:
Yes I agree! Good to see them have a little exchange - Serena clearly has a great appreciation for Jie, her game, and what she has accomplished here, and Jie obviously has alot of respect for Serena. :)

tim2502
nice fight in set2.

Go go Serena :)

Diesel
We pronounce "Zheng Jie" in Mandarin but westerners like to put their last names in front of their surnames, so it becomes Jie Zheng.;)

Thanks. Zheng Jie it is - great tournament again.

yassiesj20
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah well done to her. To put out so many seeds is a great achievement and I hope we see playing well again for the rest of the season.

fatty sausage
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
fantastic tournament for her...big congrats!

Shafanovic.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
She moves up 93 places to 40 :eek:

DO WELL ON HARDCOURTS PLEASE!! If she can she will be in top 20 for sure!

Wiggly
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I wish her a medal in Bejing! She deserves it! :worship:

AJZ.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Pity she couldn't win the second, and that she had to Double fault to end it.
But a wonderful performance nonetheless Jie, I am so proud of you :worship:

:inlove: :woohoo:

TooBlack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
She gets mad props from me!!! I hope she continues this form at the Olympics since it's in China.

Sefo
Go get yourself a serve, Jie!
If Henin could do it, you can do it.

serenafan08
Jie deserves all the credit for what she's done here. It was a great run and she's fun to watch. She seemed to really get into a groove in that second set against Serena - and she seems to get grooved against big hitters; hence she beat Ivanovic and Vaidisova. She's one to be watching for in the future. And I think it's incredible that she's giving all her prize money to the earthquake recovery efforts - that is so nice of her. I wish her and China the best!

Julian
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
wow this girl is fearless and has HEART! An amazing display of guts and tennis. That DF was hard to see but i dont think it devastated her, she WILL be back!

kwilliams
Well done Jie!!!

G&R
if she mantains this level she can reach the top 20 IMP

wally1
Loved watching Jie play this week. I think grass is a great surface for her, the way she hits it flat and it really shoots through, but I hope she does well on the hard courts.

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
She's just amazing. So tenacious. Doesn't back down. Lovely shotmaking. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.!

Definitely made me a fan.

youizahoe
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Jie Zheng did a great tournament, she has a lot of potential, and should be able to get a firm setting in the top 20.

pov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah. Kudos. I'm very impressed with her play :yeah:

Cakeisgood
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Her backhand is incredible

aussie_fan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Impressed with what she did that today, love how flat she can hit that backhand and the way she hits it. Fun style to watch. Great tournament for her and hopefully she'll contiune to climb the rankings.

Shafanovic.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I hope she wins a medal at the olympics

Halardfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
She really won my heart this Wimbledon, with her great play, fighting spirit and high degree of hotness!

I hope she can build on this and that this can be the first of many bold showings in GS Singles...

drake3781
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
So nice to read all these posts. :D

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Go for an Olympic Medal :yeah:

Great tournament :worship:

number33
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Just when i thought that i had run out of players to cheer for, i found myself cheering for her, what a fighter :worship::worship::worship:
Hope she'll continue to do well :)

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Zheng Jie showed great tennis and great character. I am very impressed with her. This is what I wrote in the post-match thread about the match, and about Zheng Jie.

Another very strong performance from Serena.

I was afraid that she might have a weaker day because it seemed impossible for her to play better that in her previous match.

In the first set, however, she was totally dominant. So much in fact that after winning it easily she seemed to have lost some focus and resolve in the second, as if she was feeling that the rest of the match was merely a formality.

Seeing the window of opportunity, Zheng Jie got back into the match with a series of excellent, highly effective angle shots. Serena helped her with a few errors and we were finally being treated to an exciting second half of the set.

Serena, who up to this point was serving well but not as spectacularly as in her Quarterfinal match, began adding service aces at important moments, but Zheng Jie was refusing to let down her arms. She lifted her game considerably and was fighting for every point.

I am very impressed with Zheng -- what a way to finish her run at Wimbledon!

Serena warded off the challenge from Zheng with supreme authority, though.

I have no idea what effect two rain breaks may have had on how the match developed in the second set.

The match, in my opinion, was much better than the other Semifinal match.

Congratulations to all supporters of Serena for the style in which she won, and to all fans of Zheng Jie for the style in which she lost. I am sure she will be remembered...

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
I hope she can build on this and that this can be the first of many bold showings in GS Singles...

I wouldn't count on that, though.

You forgot that she is 25 -- a rather advanced age for a female tennis pro. This may be rather a crowning moment in her singles career.

Mikey B
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
shame she couldnt take it to a third set, but an awesome tournament none the less... how much will her ranking move on monday? she should keep moving higher and higher with play like this.. congrats jie!

Alec
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
shame she couldnt take it to a third set, but an awesome tournament none the less... how much will her ranking move on monday? she should keep moving higher and higher with play like this.. congrats jie!

her ranking is around 42

:bounce:

Halardfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't count on that, though.

You forgot that she is 25 -- a rather advanced age for a female tennis pro. This may be rather a crowning moment in her singles career.

I hope not, certainly my own fave Julie Halard's best years were her last 2...when she was getting on for thirty. She gained comfortably her highest rankings in both singles and doubles at that time in her career.
I absolutely believe there is a place in the top 16 for a player like Zheng Jie. There is a shortage of players in the WTA who are consistent from point to point who fight for every point. I think with the added belief from this achievement, the best may be yet to come for her. Lets hope so.

nikita771
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I am definitely a new fan. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her and how many titles she will win.

LDF
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Jie :worship:

I have loved watching her over the last week and a half. I've always liked her the most out of the Chinese players, so I'm not a total bandwagoner :p

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
I hope not, certainly my own fave Julie Halard's best years were her last 2...when she was getting on for thirty. She gained comfortably her highest rankings in both singles and doubles at that time in her career.
I absolutely believe there is a place in the top 16 for a player like Zheng Jie. There is a shortage of players in the WTA who are consistent from point to point who fight for every point. I think with the added belief from this achievement, the best may be yet to come for her. Lets hope so.

Let's hope... I wish her best luck, especially that she is going to dramatically rise in the rankings.

Jana Novotná was 29 when she finally won the Wimbledon crown. But that was quite some time ago (I watched that match, I was so happy for her).

On the other hand, today the field is increasingly dominated by players who go on tour very early. Take, e.g., Hingis, Sharapova, Vaidišová, Ivanović. By the time they reach 21 some of them feel like being veterans.

Ellery
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
Jie :inlove: :hearts: :inlove:

matthieu_tennis
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Jie zheng is such a nice player :) that backhand is just magical :) she hits de ball very flat and early. Her attitude is great and that shows work ethic and respect for the opponent ; )

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Jie zheng is such a nice player :) that backhand is just magical :) she hits de ball very flat and early. Her attitude is great and that shows work ethic and respect for the opponent ; )

I am glad you brought this.

I noticed that too. What a relief to watch a player who behaves. In spite of all that pressure -- and Jie had plenty of reasons to be frustrated, or excited.

No fist pumping, no screaming, no grimaces, no loud swearing, no trainer calls, no toilet breaks, no massage on court... What a relief...

She should be given an award.

Marionated
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
It's amazing what's she has done at Wimbledon, and donating all her winnings to charity makes her even more amazing :worship:

Marty-Dom
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe someone already said this, but I'm just watching my recorded Zheng-Williams semifinal and can't help but think that Jie has played Serena pretty much the same way Justine did. If Jie had a one-handed back hand, the resemblance would be uncanny.

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe someone already said this, but I'm just watching my recorded Zheng-Williams semifinal and can't help but think that Jie has played Serena pretty much the same way Justine did. If Jie had a one-handed back hand, the resemblance would be uncanny.

The same thought crossed my mind a few times while watching the match live.

And not just backhand, but how Jie was moving Serena around the court. Hénin, of course, was much more solid in most departments, and her serve was quite reliable, while Jie was struggling with it.

Willam
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I still cant get over how it ended.

mirzalover
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
The backhands she was hitting when the ball was so low and the angles she got with them were LUSH. She really should become a top 20 player.

LucasArg
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Jie :inlove:

I am so happy for her, she's been so courageous! I wish her the best for the rest of the season! :wavey:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
She definately impressed me! Her back hands and coverage were awesome! :worship:

She has a new fan for sure :D

flyingmachine
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Despite her lost.
She has been that little light at this year's Women's Wimbledon. :worship:

P_Fer
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Jie :worship::worship:
Amazing play and effort from her!

Lefty.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Amazing run by Jie! :worship: :worship: :worship:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
She had really won me over the past few days.... showing that being pint-sized doesn't mean you can't play and defeat the BBBs or power hitters.

Serena got a scare of her life in the 2nd set - Jie was at times making her run all around the place and hitting unbelievable winners which you think was impossible for someone her size. If Serena's serve had deserted her at that time, it could have easily been a 3-setter.

Amazing Jie... bloody amazing stuff from you this Wimbledon. You just created a fan out of me. How you dumped Ana and Nicole out of the tournament with your tireless runs, brilliant shots and the never say die attitude.... I would love to see you play again in the future. Rest assured, I will be cheering for you in the Olympics and even the US Open ;)

You go, Jie! :yeah:

RVD
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Zheng Jie had me mesmerized in the 2nd set.
I loved that fact that she was taking it to Serena and really never backing down.
I see her as a solid top 10 player IF she maintains this level of play.
She has incredible torque and leg strength; which reminds me a lot of a miniature Serena. :cool:
She keeps the ball extremely low and has a good net game.
If she improves her 2nd serve [which really isn't all that bad], she will be top 5 in a heartbeat.
I wish this young lady the BEST in her future tourneys, and also at the Olympic games.
My official nickname for her is Mini Jie, cuz I always give the players I like a nick name. :p :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:08 AM
i don't like her. I still can't understand how the n.133 can reach the SF of Wimbledon. If she can keep this form consistent enough, good for her. But somehow I'm brought to think that after the Olympic year she'll go down again.:rolleyes:

mirzalover
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:13 AM
^^^ She never went down in the first place she got injured. She was on her way up thank you. *three snaps and a head roll*

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Man..this girl came out of NO WHERE...I completely slept on this girl. I mean the first set...I thought she wasnt anythin but seeing this girl play in the second set...she's GOT GAME! Like Serena said...she didnt make it in the semifinals by accident. She simply outplayed Janko and Ivanovic..because at their best..I dont see them taking this girl out..playing the way she did in the second set! She reminds me of Henin...small with power. I'm glad Serena didnt sleep on her...because she could have lost.....props to Zhen..the girl is good! I hope she isnt a 1 hit wonder like Bartoli.

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Man..this girl came out of NO WHERE...I completely slept on this girl. I mean the first set...I thought she wasnt anythin but seeing this girl play in the second set...she's GOT GAME! Like Serena said...she didnt make it in the semifinals by accident. She simply outplayed Janko and Ivanovic..because at their best..I dont see them taking this girl out..playing the way she did in the second set! She reminds me of Henin...small with power. I'm glad Serena didnt sleep on her...because she could have lost.....props to Zhen..the girl is good! I hope she isnt a 1 hit wonder like Bartoli.

she didn't beat Jankovic:rolleyes:

She's just right what CTA needed for their Olympics, don't you all think? Let's expect a great run in Beijing like in many other sports for the Chinese:)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:31 AM
i don't like her. I still can't understand how the n.133 can reach the SF of Wimbledon. If she can keep this form consistent enough, good for her. But somehow I'm brought to think that after the Olympic year she'll go down again.:rolleyes:

1st signs of dislike and hatred... she's going to be famous ;)

heavensider
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:33 AM
She was simply amazing scared the hell out of me with her devilish shots

Dawn it she did good for herself and her country well done :worship:

Wonder how many Chinese watched this ??

I guess it would be at least one hundred million:):devil:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:33 AM
My official nickname for her is Mini Jie, cuz I always give the players I like a nick name. :p :lol:

Mini Jie.... :lol:

I call her now "Jie-Z" (a pun to the rapper "Jay-Z") :p

victory1
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:53 AM
She'll be a nobody by this time next year just like Fat Bart, sorry I meant Maid Marion. I'm hoping I'm wrong. :wavey: It happens in the men's game each year at the Australian Open, except the journey men usually makes the final. ;)

cs0803
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:56 AM
She is amazing - I wish the match had went to a third.
I have so much respect for Zheng and her game. She is amazing
I wish her all the best for the rest of the year (and beyond)
An amazing achievement

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:03 AM
she didn't beat Jankovic:rolleyes:

She's just right what CTA needed for their Olympics, don't you all think? Let's expect a great run in Beijing like in many other sports for the Chinese:)

Ok so she didnt beat jankovic...WHATEVER!..all i know is that the girl was pretty damn good the second set...honestly there hasnt been an asian make a mark in tennis since Michael Chang....i'm glad she's made history...it will be good to see her continue what she's started...expectations will be high for her now.

drake3781
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:06 AM

She beat Ivanovic, Szavay, and Vaidisova.
There are a lot of interesting players if you look beyond the top ones. But it means you don't focus on wins, but appreciation of a nice game.

As it has already been noted several times here, and also by the TV commentators, Zheng has been rated much higher - is it 27? - but has been out for many months with an injury. She is only 133 due to the injury, and has a protected rating of I believe around 60. Without the WC, she would have had to play Qualies - still probably would have gotten into MD but with a lot more matches so would have been more tired - the WC allowed us to see her at her best. Her new ranking after Wimbly will be in about the 40s. And she has no points to come off the rest of the year so she will go up from there for the rest of the year.

Sund7101
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Great fighting spirit and attitude, she will be a fixture in the Top 20, and hopefully higher.

Next year.......:worship:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:13 AM
It doesnt matter how non-threatening a player is, how good of a story they are, how insirping they play...

There will always be haters because the more players they beat, the more fanatical/insane fans of said players get(sniff sniff) MAD
:sad: :sad: :sad: :lol: :lol:

cheo23
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:19 AM
The CTA doesn't get more than a million bucks now that Zheng has lost!!!!

delicatecutter
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Jie is so sweet and cute and has an amazing game! :hearts:

She was really a delight today. Imagine what would have happened if Serena was having an off-day? :help:

Malva
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Zheng Jie had me mesmerized in the 2nd set.
I loved that fact that she was taking it to Serena and really never backing down.
I see her as a solid top 10 player IF she maintains this level of play.
She has incredible torque and leg strength; which reminds me a lot of a miniature Serena. :cool:
She keeps the ball extremely low and has a good net game.
If she improves her 2nd serve [which really isn't all that bad], she will be top 5 in a heartbeat.
I wish this young lady the BEST in her future tourneys, and also at the Olympic games.

I see some people get quickly over-excited. To such a degree that now Jie is credited with beating not only Ivanović but also Janković `at their best'.

First, Zheng Jie, aged 25, is not a `young girl' with all the future ahead of her, but a very experienced player, a former #27 in the World, an accomplished doubles specialist. Twenty five is not the age when players begin their careers.

Secondly, Ivanović before meeting Zheng played so poorly in Round 2 that she nearly lost to Dechy, a player ranked #97. On the basis of that, a lot of people were predicting Ivanović's early exit. And Zheng made it happen, greatly aided by Anna's lack of proper preparation to the grass season.

Lastly, if she confirms that her Wimbledon run was not a fluke by beating within the next months a number of Top 20 players, and by progressing to the later rounds of subsequent grand slams, then of course, we could start talking about her becoming a Top 20 player.

So far, she showed great skills and character in the second set against Serena, and she won against still very shaky Vaidiśová, and even more shaky on grass, Ivanović.

To even begin thinking about Top 10, Zheng has to start accumulating multiple wins over Top 15 players, and beat almost anybody else on a daily basis.

So, with all the admiration Zheng deservedly earned at Wimbledon, it is not going to help her if some hotheads start hype'ing her into Top 10, Top 5, whatever. Whoever she will be playing next will be approaching the match with much greater caution than Ivanović, or Vaidišová.

By the way, I don't see any resemblance between Jie and Serena.

slamchamp
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I appreciate you Jie Zheng, I apreciate you

Hashim.
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:41 AM
welldone:worship:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM
She was really a delight today. Imagine what would have happened if Serena was having an off-day? :help:

There wouldn't be any "All-Williams Final" threads in GM :p

Pasta-Na
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:18 AM
outstanding boobs for a little statue. i appreciate :drool: :p

Shinjiro
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
She was really a delight today. Imagine what would have happened if Serena was having an off-day? :help:An average serving day would have been enough to go the distance. And I would have liked Jie's chances in a third set yesterday. :sad:

By the way, I don't see any resemblance between Jie and Serena.Neither do I... :confused:

Calypso
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Jie Zheng, j'adore!

Totally impressed me. Many would have wilted under Serena's onslaught. She even had Serena on the backfoot for long spells in the 2nd set:eek:! And she even kept smiling when things didn't go her way. A wonderful player, as well as a wonderful personality :hug:.

Calypso
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM

I agree!:drool:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM

For all the better things she have (talent, looks, charisma)... you look at boobies? :p

wenijah
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:43 AM
God she played so nice..Even during the Tie Break! :( Losing on a double fault is so sad... She might get in the top 50 now which is an amazing bump from her 133rd place!! Congratz Jie Jie (that means sister in chinese lol) and great post (unlike yahoo!Sports who didn't say ANYTHING about her perfomance against Serena...)

Shafanovic.
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
She gets up to 40. HAHA I already said.. She moves up 93 places which is just AMAZING!

wenijah
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
She gets up to 40. HAHA I already said.. She moves up 93 places which is just AMAZING!

Whoa that's so cool :bounce: She deserves it so much!!!!

Ellery
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM

:lol: I think you meant stature ;) :drool:

Pasta-Na
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:18 AM
:lol: I think you meant stature ;) :drool:

no, body structure :p

hotandspicey
Jul 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
:hatoff: to Jie. Excellent tourny for her. She has made China proud. :yeah: Keep up the momentum for Beijing and good luck bringing home a medal.

AnomyBC
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:49 AM
She was awesome :)

Sefo
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I wonder who wins if she and Serena play table tennis?

louisa.
Jul 12th, 2008, 04:43 AM
she is amazing. i saw her play at the asian games once. that's when i first noticed her. the run at wimbledon was just incredible. my family couldn't stop raving about her! :D love her to bits and bits!