PDA

View Full Version : Jelena speaks up

mb011
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
On her blog she addresses those who question her injury...

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/blog.php

You get well soon, jelena, and don't mind the haters, they are always around when someone gets to the top...

дalex
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
JJ :awww:
Get well soon, babe.

Mikey.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
She said in her interview that the doctors said she had a tear in her meniscus.... that's a pretty bad injury :eek: I hope she is well soon. :)

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Surprised...

Hello friends,

I hope that you are all doing better than I am at the moment! Life doesn't always turn out as you plan and I am now back from Wimbledon looking after a knee injury I picked up in my third round match. Things were going well for me up until I played Caroline Wozniacki. She is a good young player who is coming through at the moment and we had a tough match against each other. Unfortunately, I injured my knee running for a ball and even though I was able to finish the match, Mark, the head Sports Doctor at Wimbledon told me that I should rest. But those of you who know me know that I am a fighter and that I never like to give up. Sometimes this puts me in a difficult position because the doctor gets very upset with me when I go against their orders. In this instance maybe I should have listened to him and pulled out of my fourth round match but I didn't want to let the fans and the tournament down so I decided to play on. Even if I was not at my best, Tamarine deserves a lot of credit for playing well and I am happy for her that she had a good tournament. For me, it was disappointing to lose but I was more saddened by some of the press reports after the match. I decided to play through the injury, through the pain instead of letting people down by pulling out. I don't expect credit for this but I read some negative reports about the legitimacy of the injury and that was tough to take. I would like to invite these reporters to look at my MRI. I feel frustrated because I think with some people; there is a lack of understanding of what it takes to be tennis professional. Unfortunately, I can't control everything that is written about me and I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I just hope that in the future, some people will try a little harder to find out the facts before jumping to conclusions. I know that there are many people out there supporting me and wishing me well so to those people I say a BIG thank you!

I am trying to stay positive and I will now be very focused on my rehabilitation. My goal is to get back to the courts as soon as possible. I have a lot of faith in my doctors here in Serbia and I am hoping that they will be able to work their magic again!

Love,

JJ

LOL It looks Jelena was reading GM :tape:

Nikkiri
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Get well soon. :hug:

Optima
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
I think I would die if Jelena actually read GM.

The way Jelena plays, it's easy to have a lot of injuries.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
LOL It looks Jelena was reading GM :tape:

There's no difference between the tennis press and GM, come on :lol:

Seyz
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
A Meniscus tear could be a career threatening injury, I'm hoping that's not what she has because she might end up needing surgery.

hayleytrotter
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Get well soon JJ! We miss you playing at your best!

ChriS.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
A Meniscus tear could be a career threatening injury, I'm hoping that's not what she has because she might end up needing surgery.That is what was diagnosed from the MRI, and your right, it could threaten her career as this type of injury just tends to keep deteriorating with no real cure.

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
:( Aww JJ!! When will you learn to take it easy, play less, focus on the slams and hopefully earn yourself a GS title :sad:

ASP0315
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Get well soon JJ. We miss you. :hug:
I always enjoyed her troubling Williams sisters. ;)
she is fun to watch.

Ripley
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Got to love the way JJ speaks her mind :worship:
Good to hear that you are very focused on your rehabilitation
Get well soon and come back strong:hug:

Willam
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Jankovic rocks.