PDA

View Full Version : What, no thread complaining about Dementieva's screaming?

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Wow, I thought it was our right to whine about every damn thing a player does, the grunt, the fist pumps, the handshake, the squeaky shoes, etc:devil:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
:zzz:

Marionated
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Because she has her grunts and screams are sensual and not annoying like other players.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Nope , cos she is sexy screaming :hearts:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Her frustration squeals are cute!
That last big scream had me :lol:

Dawson.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
ivanovic screams - people call her an immature bitch
elena screams - not a word said by anyone

mirzalover
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Ana does her after she wins, Elena does her's win she misses a shot. I dont no why but that alone makes them different for me.

Julian
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ana does her after she wins, Elena does her's win she misses a shot. I dont no why but that alone makes them different for me.
lol i agree, if i hear someone scream after missing a shot it would actually make me feel better because it shows my opponent is being really frustrated at him/her self

Polikarpov
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
She's not Ana, Maria or one of the Williams sisters...

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
her screams are as boring and monotonous as her game

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
She's just not a memorable player... no matter what she does.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
She's just not a memorable player... no matter what she does.

Canada has plenty of them :dance:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Ivanovic seems to do it a rude fake way while this is not the case with Elena. And I am not the only one who says this about Ana, as evidenced by the 500000 million threads on Ana about this already. Whether Ana is not being genuine or not, I do not know.

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Canada is plenty of them :dance:

You think you're funny, huh? Mr. Araucania. :haha:

Correct your grammar, and then reply to me. That sentence didn't even make sense.

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
she's hilarious

saint2
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think shes just too good to get too much attention on this dirty, stupid forum :shrug:

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
Actually, that's like the only thing right she does. Her misses on big points are that pathetic.

Nikkiri
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
double standards.

Infiniti2001
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I found it amusing :shrug: :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
double standards.

exactly. Actually I find her screams and diva mannerisms really really annoying and not genuine. I prefer Sharapova's shrieks, go figure:rolleyes:

Craig.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
exactly. Actually I find her screams and diva mannerisms really really annoying and not genuine. I prefer Sharapova's shrieks, go figure:rolleyes:

Honnnnnn. I love you. :hug: :awww:

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
She screams when she lose a point after a long rally or after a silly mistake, so there's nothing wrong with her behaviour.
I find more annoying players who scream allez, come on, etc. or pump their fist when their opponents make a mistake.

miffedmax
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
It's one of the things I like best about her, because I do the same thing. Only I guess it's more of a bellow since it's about 18 octaves lower.

kiwifan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I believe the official media rule is that it is cute when Demented does it. :)

I happen to agree. :hug:

fatty sausage
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
ivanovic screams - people call her an immature bitch
elena screams - not a word said by anyone

exactly. do have a problem w/ this?

kaktusino
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I prefer Sharapova's shrieks

:tape:

LCS
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
I think shes just too good to get too much attention on this dirty, stupid forum :shrug:

:worship::worship::worship:

I see all the haters (particularly from Maria's fanbase) have gathered here...:angel: they were counting the minutes to Elena's loss to come in here and bitch around...oh well :hearts::hearts:

schorsch
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM

this doesnt have anything to do with the fact that lena.d has beat ana everytime they've played now does it ? :rolleyes:

Marty-Dom
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Dementieva's grunts are OK.
For me, the most pleasant grunts belong to Safina. Hers are downright erotic.
Another one with pleasant grunts is Beth Mattek. Hers are quieter, but still very intense and very feminine.

SunriseSunset
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Her scream is really weird to listen to...

Marcelo.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Her beauty make people forget her screams :hearts:

thrust
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs. Peel;13551223]Her frustration squeals are cute!
That last big scream had me :lol:[/QUOTE True! Elena only screams, when she makes a really bad shot. She could not sound, or be obnoxious,even if she tried. She is not a show-off or a diva, just a sweet lady.

Coffee&TV
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I find it funny actually.

Temperenka
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
I found it incredibly entertaining :haha:

Williamsser
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
She doesn't do it after every point.

Kart
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
She doesn't beat or threaten enough top players to earn an anti-screaming thread.

Willam
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Im sorry but today's serena scream when they were 5-5 in the TB was just :o..

Like golovin in the Us Open 2003..

Andreas
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Because she's a cheap slut who likes tuna :lick:

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I found her squeaky screams funny, or maybe she was on something.
What I found ridiculous was her talking and moaning to her mother throughout the match. Totally childish.

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Because she has her grunts and screams are sensual and not annoying like other players.

:worship::worship::worship:

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
Im sorry but today's serena scream when they were 5-5 in the TB was just :o..

Like golovin in the Us Open 2003..

:lol:thta Golivin scream was :haha:

Well at least this time Jie did shake Serena´s hand....not like Smashnova back in USO

hacberto
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
It was funny and very cute I liked it.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
I love her scream. It kept a smile on her face and mine, and it's been doing so for years.

It's a way for her to release her frustration and concentrate on the next point, and like others have said, it's just cute.

But yeah, Elena does the same irritating things every other player does. :shrug:

schorsch
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Well, when she screamed she usually had sort of a smile on her face and she was doing a pirouette for example, too. It was sort of endearing. She just showed how she felt in that situation coz it came after a bad point or finish to the point. It had nothing to do with her opponent or well it wasnt supposed to have an effect on her so to say, so yeah huge difference.

About Jie :P She sort of kind of laughed at that scream and was like :spit: what the heck ? I thought her reaction was quite funny and she's really got a great combination of competitiveness and sportsmanship :D

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Well I've heard Dementieva's grunt in a Lil Wayne and Kylie Minogue song, so obviously it's not as toxic of a sound as say Maria's.

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:19 AM
On court personality :angel:

Pesi
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
That´s not true, what about this thread?

Direwolf
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Cuz its hot...
and shes an old timer...
she has every right to do so...

unlike the newbies

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:28 AM
No..thank god.....too many people bitch and turn into drama queens over little stuff. They try to twist words around from players from interviews and just be messy all day..so..i'm glad nobody is complaining about Dementieva's screaming....seems like all the bitching has been because its a all williams final...

hankqq
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Dementieva's grunt sounds strange, but I love her frustation screams! I seriously think she could be cast in those horror films as that pretty girl who gets chased by the psycho! :spit: During today's match all I could think about were movies like Scream or Friday the 13th when she did that. :lol: Highly entertaining-well done Elena!