PDA

View Full Version : JR Wimbledon QTRS - Laura Robson def. Bojana Jovanovksi 7-5 6-4

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
So impressive, Laura! Very mature today and really fought.

FORZA SARITA
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
simply amazing:worship:
awww where's the poster who said she had no chances against Bojana?:sobbing:

Shepster
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of this because I was so sick of hearing the word "out" in the women's semi - another comeback from 3-5 down to win the set. She's got so much going for her, left handed, big serve, physique, groundstrokes - she's already overachieved here, anything else is a bonus. Just needs to be left alone to carry on the good work she's been doing.

TheBoiledEgg
well done Laura :) :D :
came back strong in both sets :)

good luck in semis now

serenus_2k8
:haha: Yeh I remember hearing that the big hope from Serbia was going to demolish young Laura!

Very impressive match, didnt think she would hit the ball as well as she did. Good luck in the SF!

iPatty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Laura really reminds me of Patty in her mannorisms and her game too. I like what I see.

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
:lol: Bojana is quite good but doesn't have much in the ways of tactics like so many of the girls.

Caz
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Well done to Laura and good luck to her in the semi finals. :D

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Laura really reminds me of Patty in her mannorisms and her game too. I like what I see.

Yes. :devil:

That forehand. :hearts:

She seems to be a perfectionist too. I like her personality from what I've seen and heard.

-sugi-
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Laura :yeah:. I really like this girl.

Jovanovski's grunt though :help: :tape:.

ce
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
:sobbing:

iPatty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
:lol: Bojana is quite good but doesn't have much in the ways of tactics like so many of the girls.

My thoughts exactly.

Her gameplan consisted of hitting the ball as flat and hard as she can down the line the entire match. :lol:

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Yes Laura
Great serving at times
Watching it again great ground strokes :)

Happy for her :banana:

égalité
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
I like Robson. :)

She needs to cut down on the double faults, though. :help:

clonesheep
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Jovanovski is overhyped. Big baseline hitters like her are a dime a dozen. You need more than that.

Laura Robson, on the other hand, has the game and composure to succeed. Britain finally has some one (on the women's side) to root for.

Dawson.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
wow well done laura!!! :yeah:
coming from a break down in both sets prove what a fighter she is
jovanovski played ok, just not much not her game except big hitting. i was impressed with her attitude though. she keeps her emotions under control
good luck in the semis laura :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
its on BBC1 now :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Laura :)

n.sad
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
bojana hates grass and never practise on it , but anyway laura is amazing :)

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Well done Laura!!

Great mentality and fight!

Suck it Serbia :ras:

Wintermute
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, well done Laura! This tournament has been huge for her already but hopefully she can keep on winning. :)

Good luck in the next round.

JAMESYBABY!
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Laura played really well,.,, the serb girl is kinda erratic,, yes she has bog shots,, when they go in thts all well and good,, but errors for her aswell:D

Laura was deffo the better player

good luck in the semis

wow! this is exciting for british perspective!

and she is only 14!

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Bojana, WTF :unsure:

dippykitty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Great match from Laura and definitely great fighting qualities! It'll be very interesting to see how she progresses in the next few years as she looks like a huge prospect.

Derek.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Well done, Laura! :D

She's fun to watch play.

Escape
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
Well done Laura :yeah: :D
Good luck in the SF

Monica_Rules
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Great stuff Laura. Keep it up. Good chance to get to the final now.

flyingmachine
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Laura :worship:

LeonHart
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM

First person I thought of when I watched her was Patty. They have the same sway when they walk :lol:

Shepster
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Great stuff Laura. Keep it up. Good chance to get to the final now.
Mmm, I saw a bit of Tabakova/Hercog and the first set was very sloppy indeed. Looks like the second set was a lot better quality from Romana but I'd switched to Elena/Venus by then. Was more impressed with both Lesley and Bojana in their matches against Laura, but should be interesting.

iPatty
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:07 AM
First person I thought of when I watched her was Patty. They have the same sway when they walk :lol:

My thoughts exactly.

I was watching her and talking to someone online and mentioned what you said, word for word, the moment I saw her. I can definitely see myself really warming up to her in the next few years. For now I'll just support her. ;)