PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay really brings out the best of Williams...

darkchild
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
As a Lindsay's fan, it is really hurt to watch a semifinal of Wimbledon like this.
And it is obvious that Venus and Serena raise their levels when they meet Lindsay. e.x, that tiebreaker alone, Lindsay should not have any problems when Venus was that nervous.
But this is tennis, people motivate people to improve. Imagine the Williams sisters were never around, what could Lindsay achieve?
Thanks Lindsay and Venus for bringing us some many high-quality and exciting matches! :worship:

TooBlack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yea, I was thinking just the other day how sad it was that Lindsay got hurt because she could have made a serious run at Wimbledon. The match today could have been Venus/Lindsay part 30-something

calabar
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
As a Lindsay's fan, it is really hurt to watch a semifinal of Wimbledon like this.
And it is obvious that Venus and Serena raise their levels when they meet Lindsay. e.x, that tiebreaker alone, Lindsay should not have any problems when Venus was that nervous.
But this is tennis, people motivate people to improve. Imagine the Williams sisters were never around, what could Lindsay achieve?
Thanks Lindsay and Venus for bringing us some many high-quality and exciting matches! :worship:

I believe Venus has played 2 matches over 3 hours (without interruption) and both were with Lindsay. Lindsay won the first (somewhere in California I believe) and of course Venus won Wimbledon a few years ago. I suspect both ladies would consider the other as among (if not THE) their most formidable opponent in their careers.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
it is more the best out of venus, against Serena she was often beaten, she was more competitve against serena when serena was returning from injury

Tennisstar86
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I disagree... Lindsay brings the best out of Venus..... Sharapova brings the best out of Serena....

Adal
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
I disagree... Lindsay brings the best out of Venus..... Sharapova brings the best out of Serena....
Agreed :)
Serena usually plays like shit against Lindsay.
Maria brings out the best out of Venus on grass.

calabar
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Agreed :)
Serena usually plays like shit against Lindsay.
Maria brings out the best out of Venus on grass.
Somebody must be smoking some grass, and it ain't the one on center court.

darkchild
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
I think Serena has an issue for those so-called pretty girls, i.e. Maria, Ana and Anna...
On the contrary, she is tied with Jankovic...
As for Lindsay, if she does not bring out the best of Serena's, she should have more wins than just 3.
The 2001 US QF is a good example, back in the days when Lindsay did not tank when things go against her.

darkchild
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM

;)

azinna
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
I think by "best" some folks mean "a more competitive match" because a variety of players bring out the "best quality" tennis from Venus and Serena. Like Maria for Serena anywhere; Maria for Venus on grass; yes, Lindsay for Venus on hard; and perhaps Justine for Venus on hard if she hadn't retired...

Direwolf
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Zheng brings the best out of Serena...
Martina and Lindsay Jennifer brings the best out of Venus

bad_angel_109
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
If the William sisters weren't around, I reckon Lindsay could've & should've won a hell of a lot more GS titles. :) But they r around, which imo, makes the womens' competition a lot more interesting.

Tennisstar86
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think by "best" some folks mean "a more competitive match" because a variety of players bring out the "best quality" tennis from Venus and Serena. Like Maria for Serena anywhere; Maria for Venus on grass; yes, Lindsay for Venus on hard; and perhaps Justine for Venus on hard if she hadn't retired...

no i mean best...... When Sharapova brings the best out of Serena... it isnt really "competitive":tape:

Adal
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Is that all you can say to prove your opinion? So argumentative :)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think Serena has an issue for those so-called pretty girls, i.e. Maria, Ana and Anna...
On the contrary, she is tied with Jankovic...

So I guess Serena doesn't consider Jankovic a pretty girl :lol: I knew I loved Serena for a reason.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
I disagree... ..... Sharapova brings the best out of Serena....
I disagree, Capriati brought out the best in Serena, so many third setters. Amelie despite the h2h also brings serena into the net atleast more than 70% of the time.

supergrunt
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Since when did Serena play like crap against Davenport?

bad_angel_109
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
So I guess Serena doesn't consider Jankovic a pretty girl :lol: I knew I loved Serena for a reason.:lol:

Lindsayfan32
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
After Lindsay withdrew from Wimbledon and draw started falling apart I knew Lindsay could've made the semis and it would've been a way better match. There is only an all Williams final as there was no one left in the later rounds to stop them it not a sign of how good they are. I do agree the Williams sisters and Lindsay do bring out the best in each other. :)

Lindsayfan32
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Since when did Serena play like crap against Davenport?

2004 LA final - Lindsay won 6-1 6-3 does that ring any bells. :):worship:

LeonHart
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Naw, Hingis brought the best out of both. She was the only one that took Venus to 3 sets in 2000 when Venus won her first Wimbledon/US Opens, and she was the only one that could challenge the Williams on a regular basis.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I think the same way, I guess Lindsay and the sisters competes to see who hits the hardest ball!!! Lindsay without a doubt is the player with most wins against Venus and always brought the best of her

azinna
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:07 AM
no i mean best...... When Sharapova brings the best out of Serena... it isnt really "competitive":tape:

You're definitely right about Serena-Maria. Not so about Venus-Lindsay. Venus is often very uneven when playing Davenport (see Wimb '05). Serena, too. They do often win in the end, though. Same with Serena-Capriati. Competitive matches? Yes. Best quality? Not really.