Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Venus:drool: go for another title now.

Kai
great TB Lena :eek:
congrats :yeah:

eck
Never in doubt. Elena sucked in the first set, grouped in the second. Fell apart in the TB. :help:

Venus did play well though.

Kworb
:bigcry: Great tournament, Elena. Go on and win the US Open.

John.
Congrats Vee

Great effort in the 2nd set from Lena :hug:

kwilliams
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Well done Venus - 7th Wimbledon final! Amazing!

Comisserations Dementieva but taking Venus to 7-6 on grass is no small feat.

Mikey.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Pretty terrible from Elena. :shrug: Venus was playing some pretty smoking hot tennis :eek:

jamesuk
Arrogant smile on Venus´s face at the net, not a fan of her winning reactions at times.

DragonFlame
congrats venus!

Lena, awh well... you had a chance there in the second set. Too bad you missed those forehands after being 3-2 up in the tiebreak:o Good tournament from you! Keep going like this for the rest of the year! :)

Apoleb
Elena Dementieva just certified her status as a completely and utterly useless troll.

Venus looks tried and barely puts the ball in in the tiebreak, and Demented comes up with a double fault, three forehand errors from the middle of the court, and a backhand error. Pathetic.

Venus makes it to the final facing scrubs. Congrats.

Russianboy
horrible teirbeak from lena. just so bad.

still nice for making the semis

venusdemilo
Venus! :worship: Here we go again!
Lena :hug: Stepped it up in the second set, but wonderful tournament!

serenus_2k8
:woohoo: Vee you ROCK !!! Another Wimbledon Final!!! :woohoo:

In The Zone
:D! Great job Venus! :kiss: Good luck in her 7th Wimbledon final!

hablo
Dementieva has such a high-pitched squeal. :lol:

Congrats, Venus.

Now WIN the title!

Daniel
:crying2::sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Venus was outstanding in the first 8 or 9 games, but Dementieva was able to regroup impressively in most of the second set. The tie-break, however, was embarrassing.

SAEKeithSerena
Venus into ANOTHER Wimbledon final. congrats to her.

DemWilliamsGulls
1 in the finals...1 mo to go..and that gull STILL has not dropped a set....YOU GO VENUS WILLIAMS...she showed NO MERCY the first set...Lena put up a good fight..but there isnt too many girls that can hold a candle to Venus on grass baby...this is THE WILLIAMS HOUSE!!!!!!

Miss Amor
way to go venus :D

Brooklyn90
Venus :bounce:

Ben.
Well done Vee :yeah: 7th Wimbledon final & the possibility of winning her 5th title :bounce: hitting the ball really well so far & she'll need that good hitting power against whoever is in the final :D

Lena :hug: good fight in the 2nd set.

eck
:spit: Venus said Elena had a similar game to her and then changed and said similar power to her

tae04
Venus into another Wimbledon final!!

samsam4087
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
I am so sad for Elena lost to Venus in Wimbledon SF.

Effy
hell yeah :worship:

Viktymise
Lena. :sad: I really thought she could force a 3rd set but fell apart in the breaker.

Well done and win the Title, V. You better. :armed:

Serenita
Well done V

E.Dementieva_FAN
Lena :bigcry: :sobbing:

Win it now Venus! :)

TheBoiledEgg
on the positive side i won 40 quid as Venus won 2 sets to love

Keadz
Well congrats to Venus for another final appearance, she played un stoppable tennis in the first set, with a lot of help from Elena. Good luck next round!

Lena, semi finals is a great effort, but that tie break was one of the worst thing's I have ever seen. A little bit of fight would have been nice, especially when Venus was practically handing it to you. Such a good job to make a match of it though which is nice:)

WIN THE US OPEN!!!

Jasmin
I'm really happy and proud of Venus.

$uricate
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Lena :(
Venus :)

I knew this was gonna happen. I never saw it but Im guessin Lena stood planked on the baseline watching Venus hit volleys past her? :scratch:

Her game just cant trouble Venus on grass.

miffedmax
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Vee played great tennis today, and Lena didn't get it in gear quickly enough.

I can't complain. My #1 fave made the semis and my #2 fave is in the final. Even if Lena had taken the TB I think today was Venus's day, which, let's face it, is going to be the case most of the time.

But Lena's having a great year.

Viktymise
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Well congrats to Venus for another final appearance, she played un stoppable tennis in the first set, with a lot of help from Elena. Good luck next round!

Lena, semi finals is a great effort, but that tie break was one of the worst thing's I have ever seen. A little bit of fight would have been nice, especially when Venus was practically handing it to you. Such a good job to make a match of it though which is nice:)

WIN THE US OPEN!!!

:weirdo:

She gave her heart out there. It had nothing to do with fight. Venus was too good in the end.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Venus in the final again :worship:
She was too good in first set and Elena played horrible.Venus started to miss a bit ion second set and Dementieva raised up her level but basically she couldn't do anything on Venus's serves.
Venus started to be nervous at the end and the TB was UGLY but Elena didn't take advantage (she was even worse in that TB, simply ridiculous).
All in all, Elena didn't have what it takes to really have a chance win against Venus on grass.She wasn't agressive enough, and Venus was very good overall.
Hope Venus wins the final now.

TennisFanForever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I really thought for the first time that Lena would take the second set at 3-2 in the TB, then the errors came back :sobbing:

I'm proud of you Lena though, it could have been easily a 6-1 6-1 loss but your fighting spirit in the second set was remarkable :yeah:

I'm sure you will win your slam sooner or later :hug:

The Serena-Venus final will be fantastic (sorry Zheng :hug:)

supergrunt
Venus :) !

The Kaz
This tournament is officially the worst and the most :yawn: GS in recent time.

Williams and their cakewalk draws :rolleyes:

Thank God the Men Singles and Womens Doubles are still interesting :cool:

:drool: Fed v Nadal and Raysur v Dellachy final!

LucasArg
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Congrats Venus!!! :yeah:

I am sooooo happy for u! :banana:

Best of luck in the final!!!!!!! :kiss: :wavey:

Pebbles
Oh Elena :tears: :hug: Could've been very different on another surface. Great performance from Venus, no doubt she will win the title again, regardless of whether she meets Serena again :)

gmokb
Good job Vee, although you kinda scare me in the 2nd set. Now just sit there and wait for Serena!!!!!!!!!!

kfh_9118
Elena :sad:
at least she forced TB in the second set

now you must win the final Venus

Keadz
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
She gave her heart out there. It had nothing to do with fight. Venus was too good in the end.

I was talking about the tiebreaker, it certainly didn't look like it.

wtatourfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
great win!

all williams sisters final!

Marionated
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Vee :) Congrats on getting to another Wimby final.
Lena :hug: it all just went kinda wrong in the tie-break, but still, you should be so proud of yourself for getting to your first semi-final.

Chance
WOOOHOOO
that first set was AWESOME!!
I knew Dementieva wasn't going anywhere and she competed very well, her serve has definitely improved.
Loved how Vcame to the net!!!! LOVE IT!
Netcord did favour V but no doubt V was the better player.
:D

Adaora
Arrogant smile on Venus´s face at the net, not a fan of her winning reactions at times.
Arrogant? :rolleyes:What I saw was a smile of relief and nothing more. She knew it would to tougher for her to win in 3 sets.

earthcrystal
Elena Dementieva just certified her status as a completely and utterly useless troll.

Venus looks tried and barely puts the ball in in the tiebreak, and Demented comes up with a double fault, three forehand errors from the middle of the court, and a backhand error. Pathetic.

And you've just certified your status as an utter ass. Elena fought really well after the dismal first set and deserves props for that. Yeah, she got tight in the tiebreak. How surprising...not. Piss off you wanker.

For the record, I found that was really rude and disrespectful of Venus at the end . Jumping around before shaking Elena's hand. Couldn't she wait 10 seconds before doing that? You'd expect it of a rookie winning her first big match at a Slam but certainly not of the defending champion. Absolutely graceless.

kaktusino
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
:hug: But come on Elena well done semifinal at Wimbledon we are happy for you! Now be ready for Olympics !

kiwifan
Well done Vee :hearts: :hug: :yippee:, I'm already getting angry that I will have to wait 5 hours to watch Serena's match. :fiery:

Apoleb
:weirdo:

Too good at the end? :lol: Dementieva had a huge chance in the tb and basically fucked up because she's no champion material.

Cp6uja
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
1st set of this match is Venus best performance this season so far. In 2nd she still played good and Elena played very good, but because nerves quality of points in TB is like at some 75K ITF :tape::tape::tape: (especialy Elena UE's).

I'm now even more sure that if want beat her sister in saturday Venus MUST win in straight... she is not able to play at her highest level more than 2 hours (unlike Serena).

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats Venus:)

Il Primo!
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
The Queen :worship:

soomaal
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Well done Venus, I can't really sit here and critise my fav player but I hope she brings her A game for the final. She is on the brink of being the greatest grass courter ever. I don't want her to bring the nerves and errors back on court again because Serena will eat her up if she does that.

Go Vee win the title!!!

mickymouse
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Was rooting for Lena but she never looked like winning, even when she was 3-2 ahead in the tiebreak. Her game just completely fell apart when it got tight...sigh.
On the bright side, she's done well getting this far. :yeah:

SharapovaFan16
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM

This is why Men's Tennis >>>>>>>>>> Women's Tennis just about any day of the week. Elena in the SF of any Grand Slam is a joke. Congrats to Venus, but wow the WTA's best really need to step up.

dal
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
good forcing vee to a TB :yeah:

cometz9
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Congrats to Venus on making her 7th Wimbledon Final :worship: :woohoo: Aim for your 5th title Sat. :rocker2:

Fantastic 2wks for Lena after that RG meltdown :clap2: She will have an excellent hard court season this summer :yeah:

stevos
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Vee played great tennis today, and Lena didn't get it in gear quickly enough.

I can't complain. My #1 fave made the semis and my #2 fave is in the final. Even if Lena had taken the TB I think today was Venus's day, which, let's face it, is going to be the case most of the time.

But Lena's having a great year.

Agreedness.
Venus played great, Elena found some game eventually, couldn't keep it up for the tiebreak, and we have Venus in the final AGAIN.

:hearts:

Venus is such grace and class. I'm still over which Williams I want to win. :(
No, I still want Serena to. It's her year.

venus_rulez
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Vee, :worship: Absolutely amazing! This is the stuff of legends, 7 Finals, and let's hope for Title #5 and Slam #7 on Saturday!

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Never in doubt, but Elena made Venus win that 2nd set....although both were a bit dodgy @ times.

No matter....7th Final for Vee :yeah:

:hug: Good run Lena

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Elena :hug:

I´m very rpoud of Elena......:worship::worship::worship:

Venus is just the best on grass and Elena wan´t completely bashed(in overall)

Elena lost to the future WIMBLEDON 2008 CHAMPION
:wavey:

shanetrumpet
This is why Men's Tennis >>>>>>>>>> Women's Tennis just about any day of the week. Elena in the SF of any Grand Slam is a joke. Congrats to Venus, but wow the WTA's best really need to step up.

I am a big fan of mens tennis, but you know that clement or schuettler is going to be in the semifinals. So a surprise semifinalist doesnt mean something is wrong, they deserved to be there.

homogenius

I wonder how many games Schuttler or Clement is going to win in the SF ?

Viktymise

Well at least she didn't lose to some other useless troll this tourament unlike the other top "5" players. :o

Ryu
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM

You should blame the higher seeds for bombing out so early.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Never in doubt.:) Lena would just choke at the end no matter what, especially facing a player like Vee.:worship:

Vee :yeah: A fifth Wimbledon title would be fabulous!;)

Dave.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM

Elena Dementieva >>>>> Rainer Schuettler or Arnaud Clement.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Pfff Elena :o

You can play better than today

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM

4 or 5

Bayo
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM

Spare me.

It has been a cakewalk for "Williams," because all of "Williams'" opponents bombed out before the quarterfinals.

Mashafaaaaan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
GOOD VENUS:bounce::bounce:NOW COME ON SERENA:bounce::bounce:

tonythetiger
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Great job Venus! I'm so relieved. Now please win the final!!

Julian
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I started watching only during the tiebreak only to see Elena lose it :( but anyhow im really happy that she made this SF after no one really expected her to reach this far. Here's hoping she has a great hardcourt season!
As for Venus, wow, you know i am actually kind of excited to see an all Williams final. Its been way too long.

sweetpeas
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I"am so HAPPY HAPPY!:bounce:Dementieva good job....:bounce::wavey: D.serve is improving:bounce:!Good luck VENUS WILLIAMS:wavey::cool::):bounce::kiss:

Costanza
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
:worship:Venus, AJDE!!!:worship:
Blondy,dump mommy Bepa and find proper trainer.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Just a few weeks ago almighty federer was bagelled by a lower ranked nadal

Prizeidiot
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Aussie TV is showing Elena 6-1 2-0 down, so I think this is an ok result (though obviously not best possible)

I'm glad Elena put in a fight, it's been a good tournament for her. Especially since she may have managed to get over some massive mental scarring from roland garros in her quarterfinal.

And people who say Elena is a joke semifinalist because of this match need to remember Venus has crushed almost everyone in the latter stages of Wimbledon. And that neither Williams was given a joke draw. It just worked out that way because certain players couldn't even take advantage of their joke draws.

TooBlack
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Men's tennis is actually my favorite but right now, they all bow at Federer & Nadal's feet so the men are not all that exciting either.

itzhak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Venus on grass is too much for Elena. Elena was nervous in the 1st set and made too many errors. In the 2nd set, she was more calm, going for her shots and she was playing much better. shame on the TB, but it was indeed fantastic tournament.

ce
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
:hearts:

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549107#post13549107)Jul 3rd, 2008 02:11 PMDani dementieva (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=38478)You are a fucking pathetic asshole......imbecil :rolleyes:http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549243#post13549243)Jul 3rd, 2008 02:06 PMearthcrystal (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=188)Your nasty comments about Elena were overly harsh and unnecessary. Ass.http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549107#post13549107)Jul 3rd, 2008 01:56 PMLuís Santos (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=39631)bitch

:haha:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549107#post13549107)Jul 3rd, 2008 02:11 PMDani dementieva (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=38478)You are a fucking pathetic asshole......imbecil :rolleyes:http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549243#post13549243)Jul 3rd, 2008 02:06 PMearthcrystal (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=188)Your nasty comments about Elena were overly harsh and unnecessary. Ass.http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifVenus Williams Def.... (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13549107#post13549107)Jul 3rd, 2008 01:56 PMLuís Santos (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=39631)bitch

I will give you a red dot , just cos you have that fucking looser Mugsarevic in your avatar

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Venus became erratic in the second set and Lena did use it to turn a beatdown into real match. The tie-break was ridiculously bad.
Before this match I thought Venus would be the favorite in the final but now I'm not so sure...

bad_angel_109
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Has the match already finished? Are u serious? I thought it was freaken live on channel nine. damn them coz im watching it now since i thought it was live. :mad:

oh well, congrats to venus, and bad luck to elena. maybe nxt time.

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Oh well Lena, nice try. It was a great Wimbledon for you though!

hankqq
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Good job Venus!

Great run for Dementieva too.

Venus really lucked out in that 2nd set. She was amazing in set 1. Then her groundstrokes went off, and Dementieva started playing better. If Dementieva had won the tiebreak, I wasn't sure what would happen in set 3.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Haha awesome Venus, you showed who's the boss here :D Now please win the title :yeah:

Richie's
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
i am so sad...
williams win again...

Doc
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Elena could have made this a match, but......

matty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Great job, Venus-way to get 'er done!

Sad for Elena--I'd love to see her get a GS Title before she retires.
She is having a great season, though, isn't she!

xr6turbo
Awesome Venus... Another final :woohoo:

Give it your best and try come away with title number 5!!!!!!! :D:D

BuTtErFrEnA
congrats queen vee :banana:

Selah

Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Maybe someone will respect you for trolling even when things don't go your way, like the SpencerCarlos' and his ilk who happen to crawl under their rocks this time of year. :)

Congrats to the Queen of Wimbledon.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Are you actually just braindead?

yes he is :)

WF4EVER
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Wow. There sure is a lot of bitching and moaning in this thread.

Congrats, Venus! I just love to see that smile on your face, my wonderful one court wonder.

HAHAHA!

Dementinator
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Happy with Lenas SW19 run this is her absolute worst surface and she hung with the queen of SW19 in that last set depsite not having a huge serve.

Just make sure you win the whole bloody thing now Venus for gods sake.

starin
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
:worship: Queen Vee ruler of Wimbledon. 7 finals in 9 years. Amazing

:hearts: I was so worried she'd crash out to some scrub but she held it together and is in the final again. :bounce::bounce:

I could tell Dementieva wanted this match so badly. She was nervous and pressing a lot in the tie break while Venus :hearts: amazingly held back after that DF and wild forehand and made Dementieva play each point and win them. If it went to 3 sets I knew Dementieva would be the favorite so great stuff Venus for winning in straights!! amazing. Good luck in the final Venus!!

cocco80
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
No surprises here. Congrats Vee !!! :)

Blu€
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Elen@ :sobbing::sobbing::crying2: it should have been your day!

vwfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
1st set of this match is Venus best performance this season so far. In 2nd she still played good and Elena played very good, but because nerves quality of points in TB is like at some 75K ITF :tape::tape::tape: (especialy Elena UE's).

I'm now even more sure that if want beat her sister in saturday Venus MUST win in straight... she is not able to play at her highest level more than 2 hours (unlike Serena).Perhaps you are right, EXCEPT she played and won the longest match in Wimbledon history against someone she had lost the last four matches to, so. . .;)

Infiniti2001
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6366/richardyw6.jpg

Now win the whole thing :bounce: :bounce:

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Venus will beat Serena on Sunday, if of course, Serena makes it.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM

LMFAO!!:lol::lol::haha::haha:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
i am so sad...
williams win again...

I'm happy for you:wavey::angel:

G&R
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
well done venus
congrats lena for your run till the semis

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on!!

Wimbledon Final #7 :woohoo:

Radix2
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Venus is simply the best on grass.

Marshmallow
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
TOUGH Match. I thought it would be much easier, didn't expect a tense tiebreak in the second. I also collapsed.

But in anycase congrats Venus, Seventh Final in 9 tournaments. Please play like you did in that first set through out the finals, Venus was AWESOME in that first set.

Hard luck Elena, terrific fight though, one of the toughest players EVER when behind. Hope she'll have a good run on the summer hardcourt, they are her fav surface and she is fighting fit.

zveeen
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Elena :sad:

patch.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Great run Lena :hug: you should be very proud :)
Venus :bowdown: Win this thing now :D

.:sk:.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Lena :sad: :hug:

cn ireland
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Congratulations Venus:bounce:. Hope she wins wins the title now:)!

I expected this to be a straight sets victory for Venus but i'm so glad Elena fought back to force a TB, great tournament for the Russian:)!

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
:bounce: Never in doubt :lol:

Bye bye Elena and n.1 for you:wavey:

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
4 or 5

A bit generous :shrug:

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
The points of Serena v Jie are so much better than what was going on Court 1(Rainer v Arnaud) :tape:

gmak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
lena :sad: :hug:
too bad that she fell apart in the TB :(

but a great tournament :D :)
and her best part of the year is just starting :D

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
That first set was a dream. Vee played so well. I was waiting to see that kind of tennis from her and she finally brought it :worship: Elena put up a great fight in the second set so props to her but it was nice to some one other than Vee for a change make a flurry of unforced errors when it got really tight ;) So proud that she has reached 7 Wimbly finals. Come on Vee, make it Wimbly title #5 on Saturday :hearts:

Njay16
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Queen Vee :worship: Please Please Please win this!

Lena D, what a tourney! :worship:

kinglear
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
:bigcry: Great tournament, Elena. Go on and win the US Open.

My words exactly. The U.S. Open will be a better stage for her to unleash her screaming winners. :) I'm proud that she at least fought in the second set. Good job to Venus. I wonder how Serena's semifinal will turn out after being rain delayed. Hmmm....it was 5-5 in the second. Interesting prospect. :)

serenafann
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Well done Venus.You are truly the only player I could ALMOST take Serena losing to{hope it doesn't happen in the Wimbledon final though.}See you in the final.

Highlandman
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
:woohoo: :yeah: 7th Wimbledon-Final for Venus :yeah: :bounce:

Just amazing :D And without losing a set to finals , fantastic :yeah: :woohoo:

:aparty:

Calypso
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Shocked how Venus smacked Elena around in the first set!

She could hardly put a foot wrong. Then a couple of sloppy points serving at 6-1,*2-0 up and Elena finally breaks, and she is awash with self belief.

Elena realsised that merely getting the ball back into play and spinning her serves in would not get the job done. To her credit, she threw caution to the wind and put some heat on her groundstrokes, and served harder in the 2nd set, which finally won her some 'cheap' points and forced Venus to have to play her best to get through to the finals.

Nervy tiebreak from both girls, but Venus steadied her ship faster to sail into her 7th Wimbledon final!

Better luck (against someone else lol) next time, Elena! May the best sister win on Saturday, and may her name be Venus!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Congats Venus:worship::kiss::worship:! At this point her Wimbledon record is truely legend:bounce:. I hope saturdays match up is hella exciting !

Lena :hug:. She gave it her all in the 2nd set. She just made a few too many errors when going for her shots in the TB .

Calypso
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Dementieva has such a high-pitched squeal. :lol:

Congrats, Venus.

Now WIN the title!

:lol: The veins on her neck were popping as she SCREAMED!:scared:
I loved Venus little happy dance at the net!

-VSR-
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Venus is amazing at Wimbledon. I love it. It's an amazing time for Venus and I wish for a great fnal on saturday. :)

tonythetiger
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Venus is playing for the history books. I hope she knows what is at stake and does not have mercy on Serena. Serenas will go for Vee's jugular. Venus has a chance to win more Wimbledons since Stephie and since she's not injured her chances are good, but she has to want it more than Serena.

Go Venus!!

Matt01
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
As some peolpe have already said, totally unclassy reaction from Venus after match point, jumping around like a bouncy rubber ball and then grinning at Lena D at the net :rolleyes:

That said: Congrats, Venus, and good luck in the final - you will need it...

winone23
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Well done Venus!!!! I'm so happy to made it to the final again. Good luck in the final.

winone23
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
As some peolpe have already said, totally unclassy reaction from Venus after match point, jumping around like a bouncy rubber ball and then grinning at Lena D at the net :rolleyes:

oh happy day, oh happy day, oh happy day, oh happy day
when Venus won, when Venus won,when Venus won........

Dodoboy.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM

Only you could see it that way! :lol:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
WTG Vee :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Great Wimbledon performance once again. :D Congrats on making the final :bounce:

Congrats to Elena for making the semis of Wimbledon.

All is right with the world again. :D

Escape
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Elena :hug: but still a great tournament

Congrats Venus :) now take the title

Infiniti2001
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:51 PM

:yawn: :weirdo:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM

:lol: Leave it to people like this to take credit away from a WS. He's the first to complain about Vee and Rena not giving credit to their opponents. Hypocrite. :lol:

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
:lol: Leave it to people like this to take credit away from a WS. He's the first to complain about Vee and Rena not giving credit to their opponents. Hypocrite. :lol:

Well done Venus. You were clearly the best in your part of the draw.

Will you sleep well now, Denise? :D

Of course if you had more than 3 connected nerve cells, you would've noticed that I was mainly assessing Dementieva in the tiebreak, not even in the whole match. But hell, I can't say I'm suprised.

Selah
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM

:aww: You mean you didn't revel in the celebration? smooches. I'm giving kudos to all you trolls that showed up today on the eve of the ALL WILLIAMS FINAL. Enjoy your day on Saturday mate.

Infiniti2001
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
BJTETw6wprE

DEETHELICK
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Really proud of Elena's efforts and tournament so far.Nos ahme in losing to Venus who was the better player overall today.

Good luck to Venus on Saturday :D

Selah
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Infiniti, I hope you around Saturday:lol:

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM

:haha: The hate is histerical!!!

I bet you will be glued to your TV this saturday :haha:

raquel
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Well done Venus :woohoo:

She's a real Wimbledon legend now :D

vwfan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Well done Venus :woohoo:

She's a real Wimbledon legend now :Done win more to solidify!

Infiniti2001
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Infiniti, I hope you around Saturday:lol:

I'm on vacation, so you bet I will be :p

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM

:lol: You need :help: :lol:

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Well done Venus. You were clearly the best in your part of the draw.

Will you sleep well now, Denise? :D

Of course if you had more than 3 connected nerve cells, you would've noticed that I was mainly assessing Dementieva in the tiebreak, not even in the whole match. But hell, I can't say I'm suprised.

Looks like I have enough "nerve cells" to see what a hypocrite you are. :lol:

And, they address themselves when you claim they don't give credit to their opponents. What's different? Because you said it?

And, I always sleep well. :D

Matt01
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Only you could see it that way! :lol:

Read carefully thorugh this thread - I'm not the only one who thinks so :shrug:

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
So much needless drama :rolleyes: Venus won fair and square, and will do against Serena too :)

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Looks like I have enough "nerve cells" to see what a hypocrite you are. :lol:

And, they address themselves when you claim they don't give credit to their opponents. What's different? Because you said it?

And, I always sleep well. :D

Honey, go find someone with a similar IQ to yours to bicker with. Your prominent skills as a lawyer might be useful there. My original post was thoroughly concerned with the attitude of Demented in the tiebreak and wasn't a full analysis of the match and what happened. But again, you're just too dumb to understand that and there's nothin I can do, I'm afraid.

And you obviously lose sleep over what I think of the WS cause the last time I mentioned their issues with giving credit to their opponents was like a year ago... I don't even remember, but you do. :D In any case, you've just stepped into my ignore list, so I guess congrats. Good luck in your life and career.

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Honey, go find someone with a similar IQ to yours to bicker with. Your prominent skills as a lawyer might be useful there. My original post was thoroughly concerned with the attitude of Demented in the tiebreak and wasn't a full analysis of the match and what happened. But again, you're just too dumb to understand that and there's nothin I can do, I'm afraid.

And you obviously lose sleep over what I think of the WS cause the last time I mentioned their issues with giving credit to their opponents was like a year ago... I don't even remember, but you do. :D In any case, you've just stepped into my ignore list, so I guess congrats. Good luck in your life and career.

And you just stepped in mine. :weirdo:
Do you think she cares about it :rolleyes:
Don´´t give yourself much importance......

dumbass......:rolleyes:

Josh.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
:hug: Lena, good tounrament.

Denise4925
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM

:lol: It's okay, I can lower my standards to bicker with you.

Hon, no one mistook your sour grapes for a full analysis of the match. It is what it is, a bitter person not giving any credit to the player that won the match. It's nothing more or less. :lol:

:lol: You think I lose sleep over you? :haha: I didn't even look to see whether or not you did have issues with the WS giving their opponents credit, I just seem to recall you being one of the ones. But, thanks for admitting you're a hypocrite. Makes my job easier. :kiss:

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
:lol: It's okay, I can lower my standards to bicker with you.

Hon, no one mistook your sour grapes for a full analysis of the match. It is what it is, a bitter person not giving any credit to the player that won the match. It's nothing more or less. :lol:

:lol: You think I lose sleep over you? :haha: I didn't even look to see whether or not you did have issues with the WS giving their opponents credit, I just seem to recall you being one of the ones. But, thanks for admitting you're a hypocrite. Makes my job easier. :kiss:
Hmm, he/she seems to have an "issue" with many players. His/her comments on Dementieva were unnecessary, same as the ones for the sisters. Not quite sure as to what has fueled the hatred :help:

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Hmm, he/she seems to have an "issue" with many players. His/her comments on Dementieva were unnecessary, same as the ones for the sisters. Not quite sure as to what has fueled the hatred :help:

Maybe if you stop taking everything so seriously for a second, you'd understand? I forgot though how much people here are obsessed with their "favorite." It's beyond simply rooting for them in their matches. My mistake. Next time I'll make sure not to offend the fanatics, ... or maybe not. Hmm. I haven't got a stack of bad reps for a long time, so it's fun from time to time.

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Well you know, fans always defend the players they support, it's only natural, and i am sure you would do the same too? :) But you know, a couple of the comments you made were kinda strong and it can make people defensive, that's what happens.

P_Fer
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
Lena :sad:

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Well you know, fans always defend the players they support, it's only natural, and i am sure you would do the same too? :) But you know, a couple of the comments you made were kinda strong and it can make people defensive, that's what happens.

What? Dementieva being a useless troll is kinda strong? I thought it was common knowledge. :lol:

Anyways...

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Well thats your opinion, and you are more than entitled to it. But you know, her career has shown she is more than a useless troll.

Apoleb
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well thats your opinion, and you are more than entitled to it. But you know, her career has shown she is more than a useless troll.

I'm obviously aware of that. She still made x million dollars in her career, so she can't be that useless. :p But anyways, like I said, it's all in the fun of cheering for and against players, but I forgot the degree to which people here are obsessed with their favorites and how seriously they take the whole thing. I still think she's a mental midget, but yeah.

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I guess you can get my forgiveness, Lena may be a little mental but she ain't no midget, neither is she "useless" :p But i see where your coming from and can accept it may all be for a laugh, but sometimes it might backfire on you.

Denise4925
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I'm obviously aware of that. She still made x million dollars in her career, so she can't be that useless. :p But anyways, like I said, it's all in the fun of cheering for and against players, but I forgot the degree to which people here are obsessed with their favorites and how seriously they take the whole thing. I still think she's a mental midget, but yeah.

"All in fun". :rolleyes: Bullshit.

Look who's talking about being obsessed?!! If anyone says anything sideways about Justine, you jump out of your skin. Like I said, Hypocrite. :lol:

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
"All in fun". :rolleyes: Bullshit.

Look who's talking about being obsessed?!! If anyone says anything sideways about Justine, you jump out of your skin. Like I said, Hypocrite. :lol:
I like your signature Denise :) Hope we can put last weeks little comments behind us :p Who will win you think? :)

Denise4925
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I like your signature Denise :) Hope we can put last weeks little comments behind us :p Who will win you think? :)

Pebbles, they are far behind me. I don't even remember what was said. :shrug: :lol:

Thanks about my siggy. I don't know who will win. They both have different elements to their games and it depends on who wants it more. It doesn't really matter to me though. ;)

LudwigDvorak
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I take many positives out of this match as a fan of Elena's. She gave Venus tons of hell with forcing play on her behalf, not waiting for errors. Yes, she had a mental let down in the tiebreak. It happens to the best. I am almost completely confident Elena beats Venus the next time they play, particularly if it's on hardcourts. But don't take that the wrong way--it's a win/win for me, I just hate seeing either lose in general.

Anyway. I enjoyed the match. It was fun. Good shot-making, volleying, and ball direction from both. I hope my Vee wins the title.

And as a beside, Apoleb's comments obviously need to be taken with a tongue firmly planted in cheek. Even if he's serious, she's the most gorgeous useless troll ever. :hearts:

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Pebbles, they are far behind me. I don't even remember what was said. :shrug: :lol:

Thanks about my siggy. I don't know who will win. They both have different elements to their games and it depends on who wants it more. It doesn't really matter to me though. ;)
I was the one who said Oracene looked trashy :sad: Then you said about judging by my favorites :lol: But hey, I am sorry for saying it :) I think Venus will win on Saturday, 7-5 6-3 ;)

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I take many positives out of this match as a fan of Elena's. She gave Venus tons of hell with forcing play on her behalf, not waiting for errors. Yes, she had a mental let down in the tiebreak. It happens to the best. I am almost completely confident Elena beats Venus the next time they play, particularly if it's on hardcourts. But don't take that the wrong way--it's a win/win for me, I just hate seeing either lose in general.

Anyway. I enjoyed the match. It was fun. Good shot-making, volleying, and ball direction from both. I hope my Vee wins the title.

And as a beside, Apoleb's comments obviously need to be taken with a tongue firmly planted in cheek. Even if he's serious, she's the most gorgeous useless troll ever. :hearts:
Indeed! :hearts:

Denise4925
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I have super respect for Elena's game. I was admittedly afraid for Vee in this match. Elena's groundstrokes can be :eek: and I was afraid of Vee getting in long rallies with her today. But, it worked out well for Vee. She was calm, stayed focused and served well. I think if Elena had not been so nervous in the beginning, she would have given her more of a battle.

Denise4925
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I was the one who said Oracene looked trashy :sad: Then you said about judging by my favorites :lol: But hey, I am sorry for saying it :) I think Venus will win on Saturday, 7-5 6-3 ;)

:lol: No big deal. I had completely forgotten.

Pebbles
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM
:hug:

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Please, God, make that happen! :hearts:

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 4th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Dementieva only got to the semis because she played even shitter players on grass, Dulko, Peer, and Petrova.

Even saying that, I don't now how she got to the semis.
She served well for her but her slice was absolutely hideous.

In 2006, Dementieva had a wicked slice with some bite to it and now there was absolutely nothing on it and Venus ate it up every time.

Tennisation
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Masharific, ur sig is hilarious:lol:
Nice to know there's not so uptight obsessed fans of their favorites out there. Everyone has a bad day, Maria won a grand slam this year, what more can you ask for? I'm sure she's going to dominate once US hardcourt season rolls around.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 4th, 2008, 04:36 AM
For a player who's lauded for her ground game, Elena's backhand is average. And she seriously lacks variety. All her weaknesses were glaring today. Maybe it's the surface. But her flat hitting should be good on grass.

Pasta-Na
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:10 AM
really need to work on ur serve, dementieva :o

Miranda
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM
:sad: