PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon juniors: T. Hendler def A. Rus (2) 7-6, 6-3

Allez-H
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Didn't see the match but awesome win for Tammy :yeah: After Yanina's recent rise, Belgian womens tennis clearly isn't dead yet.

Good luck in your semi!

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Arantxa looked the better player in this match but Tammy never said never. Arantxa played a bad game up *4-2 and Tammy got the break. Arantxa seemed to have a lot of trouble returning Tammy's first serve. Second serve was no problems really most of the time.

Tammy has great groundstrokes and is a fighter.

Liked Arantxa's game. Bad errors however cost her the match.

Tennis Ball
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Well done Tammy!!!!

eck
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Tammy :worship:
0-2 to 4-2 :)

Tennis Ball
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
Tammy :worship:
0-2 to 4-2 :)

0-2 to 5-2

eck
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
tcch whatever :p

Tennis Ball
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Arantxa looked the better player in this match but Tammy never said never. Arantxa played a bad game up *4-2 and Tammy got the break. Arantxa seemed to have a lot of trouble returning Tammy's first serve. Second serve was no problems really most of the time.

Tammy has great groundstrokes and is a fighter.

Liked Arantxa's game. Bad errors however cost her the match.

That's funny, 'cause Tammy had substantially more UE's almost through the whole match, only in the later stages of the 2nd Arantxa beat her on that department (Matchstats UE Tammy: 15; Arantxa 19). In the first set Tamaryn gave Arantxa 3 games for free and Arantxa only 1 to Tamaryn, still she won the set.
Where did you see the match, on the Wimbledon site? How much does that cost? (my popup blocker blocked the opportunity to go a step further in the purchasing window, so I wasn't able do see the price.)

Rhémila
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Tammy!!! :woohoo:

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
That's funny, 'cause Tammy had substantially more UE's almost through the whole match, only in the later stages of the 2nd Arantxa beat her on that department (Matchstats UE Tammy: 15; Arantxa 19). In the first set Tamaryn gave Arantxa 3 games for free and Arantxa only 1 to Tamaryn, still she won the set.
Where did you see the match, on the Wimbledon site? How much does that cost? (my popup blocker blocked the opportunity to go a step further in the purchasing window, so I wasn't able do see the price.)

That is pretty strange. Tammy was very solid throughout most of the match. Both girls are very talented. Different personalities on court from Arantxa's quiet confidence to Tammy's bubbly and feisty attitude.

Yep, I saw it on the site. It's $24.99 but there's a day pass for $9.99.

Duramont
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Fantastic Tamaryn! :woohoo:

-sugi-
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
A real shame they had to play in the quarters as I really like both :sad:.

Congratulations Tammy :yeah:. Really good win.

konijntje_00
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Congratulations Tammy on your semi-final spot :)

good luck tomorrow :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
A real shame they had to play in the quarters as I really like both :sad:.

Congratulations Tammy :yeah:. Really good win.
It was a tough match indeed for both of them as it could of been the final. Now I'd love to see a Robson/Hendler final!

Derek.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Tammy. :woohoo: