PDA

View Full Version : Not much media interest in Jamie Murray and the unglamorous Liezel Huber

StephenUK
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Has anyone else noticed the difference in attitude of the British media over Jamie Murray's run with the rather plain looking Liezel Huber compared with the frenzy associated over him and Jelena Jankovic last year?

The interest is purely 'Brit into the next round' as if he was just playing men's doubles, there's none of this 'are they going out?' gossip this year, or have I missed out? :lol:

shirley
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
British press will pay more attention now as Andy Murray's gone out.

lavigne41
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
I hate the British focus on Andy Murray...no one even likes him. Well I don't anyway. :p

dippykitty
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe because Liezel is married, so there's no gossip they can "report" on?

Destiny
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
I hate the British focus on Andy Murray...no one even likes him. Well I don't anyway. :p

:lol: Here that

And Huber is dull and boring :o

Cat123
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm interested in Jamie & Liezels run. can you just imagine the teasing he'll get if he makes it again? Aparently he needs a woman to tell him what to do. They seem to work well together, I think they've got a shot.

I'm sort of glad Jelena didn't want to play again. She made the right decision to focus on singles, and if they'd teamed up and gone out in R2 it would kinda spoil last year. I hope they team up again some time in the future though!

Kworb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Cause they are a boring pair. Jelena is far more entertaining.

OsloErik
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well, today's the first day that he's the only Brit left playing. Last year, he was the only Brit left about three days into the tournament.

Also, she's married, and they aren't flirting on court all the time.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Jelena made the show last year ("playing" with the crowd and all)and they had a story with a possible flirt between her and Murray.

vadin124
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
after last Wimbledon and the whole Petrova fiasco I didn't like Liezel...but having seen her play with both Cara and Jamie I have now much more respect for her, and I like her. Personally, I prefer her to Jelena, who in my opinion is VERY annoying. However, Liezel is not young, doesn't have a great body, or a pretty-ish face so as far as the british press is concerned she is a nobody

BTW i don't like Andy Murray either, and laughed so hard when he was thrashed by Nadal :lol:

StephenUK
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Cause they are a boring pair. Jelena is far more entertaining.

I totally agree. Jelena had pizzazz with Jamie! Kitty is right to mention the marriage, but let's face it, Liezel is boring.

Gerri
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
The British media has been so far up Andy Murray's arse they've hardly noticed anyone else full stop. I don't think it's just because Leizel's not glam enough for the tabloids.

I'm pleased Andy got thrashed too :lol:

Serval
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
It's because Jamie's had a severe haircut. No-one recognises him anymore.

Dawson.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
liezel is boooooring! i cannot watch her play because she bores me, and she probably brings jamie down with her. whereas jelena was laughing and joking on court

Cp6uja
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
It's like be surprised why Lindsay, Amelie or Justine dont have same media attention at #1 like Serena, Maria or Ana. Simple, all players is not equal intrigue and attractive for media attention.

Also, important detail in Jamie/JJ story is fact that Brits dont have any title at Wimbledon since midle of 80's! Last season UK public is so hungry of anything at their soil (atleast boys or girls doubles title :devil:). "Miracle" (media sensation) is not miracle if that happen every season so dont expect mixed-doubles story to see so often like Wimbledon cover story.

Cat123
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Jamie does seem more aggitated this year, he was relaxed with Jelena. Did anyone see that look Liezel gave him yesterday when he poached her shot and missed? I wouldn't mess with her!! :lol: JJ would have probably just rolled her eyes and tutted.

Nina.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe because Liezel is married, so there's no gossip they can "report" on?

Come on, you could make up even bigger gossip with Jamie and the married Liezel :lol: What a scandal!

stefi62
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I don't care about the media, they're a great team and show much respect the one for the other. They can make great things together.

jrm
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
First see Jamie ... then you'll know why :haha:

darkchild
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Jankovic is not that glamorous, she is just a drama queen...

shirley
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
It's because Jamie's had a severe haircut. No-one recognises him anymore.

:lol: You do have a point there.

Willam
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Becuase Liezel isnt Jankylicious!