PDA

View Full Version : Golden words...

Malva
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
Just posted in another GM thread. Like reading my own thoughts.

(I am) old enough to have watched the WTA and ATP for the last 30 years. My parents were playing and watching tennis, and I followed in their footsteps.

However, this board seems to (be designed for) attract mainly very young people - kids, teenagers, young adults -, nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately it reflects on the discussions in GM. Too little tennis background and knowledge, too much ignorance, too much verbal aggression, not enough love for the sport.

I don't know about other "older" posters, but it's exactly what turns me off to be an active member in here.

Perhaps that's the reason why the more tennis experienced age group is hardly represented on this board.

supergrunt
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:46 AM
This is a forum with tons of people who all hold a myriad of different opinions. There is bound to be petty arguemnts regardless of the "age" or "tennis knowledge" of the members.

Slutati
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
ok.

Dave.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
Threads like these are just set up to cause more trouble so you're just as bad as all the other "young, ignorant, and unknowledgable" posters on this board, Malva.

Uranium
what's the point?

Malva
This is a forum with tons of people who all hold a myriad of different opinions. There is bound to be petty arguemnts regardless of the "age" or "tennis knowledge" of the members.

It is not about 'holding different opinions'.

It is about a gutter manners prevalent in the forum, about rude, ignorant, irresponsible individuals reigning free, and nobody seemingly taking notice. And I am not talking about just a few exceptions.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:53 AM
Radwanska tennis is so exciting

Geisha
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'm 18 and have a wealth of tennis knowledge. I wake up at 5 AM everyday to play tennis - I think that's called "love" for the sport, as well.

stevos
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:55 AM
Why don't you let this discussion happen in the other thread?
NEWB1E

AndreConrad
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:58 AM
I'm 18 and have a wealth of tennis knowledge. I wake up at 5 AM everyday to play tennis - I think that's called "love" for the sport, as well.
I agree that maturity or lack of it doesn't discriminate and you can find mature teenagers and immature people that are in their fifties, but I don't think Malva intended to emphasize age rather than maturity.

Poova
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Another utterly condescending post by Malva?

Surely not. :eek:

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Another utterly condescending post by Malva?

Surely not. :eek:

Basically...

I think Malva has good intentions, but he often comes across as pompous. I respect his opinions, and he's obviously smart (or at least has good access/understanding of how to use a dictionary), but he sounds like my grandmother.

What's posted on this board should be taken with a grain of salt. I say I hate Chakvetadze, and I guess I do, but once I'm off WTAW I stop thinking about her. I'm naive, but I'd imagine that's how it is with most people here. There are far more important/pressing things in life than the negative things posted in GM, and I think once we get offline everyone realizes that.

stevos
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
Basically...

I think Malva has good intentions, but he often comes across as pompous. I respect his opinions, and he's obviously smart (or at least has good access/understanding of how to use a dictionary), but he sounds like my grandmother.

What's posted on this board should be taken with a grain of salt. I say I hate Chakvetadze, and I guess I do, but once I'm off WTAW I stop thinking about her. I'm naive, but I'd imagine that's how it is with most people here. There are far more important/pressing things in life than the negative things posted in GM, and I think once we get offline everyone realizes that.
I just had a dream of Peak Sharapova pwning Peak Ivanovic!!!

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
:yawn:

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:42 AM
I just had a dream of Peak Sharapova pwning Peak Ivanovic!!!

I once had a dream a giant naked Hingis chased me around in a jungle and eventually drowned me in a big ass lake from the stomping of her feet pushing me into the water. True story. :lol:

Generally though. You see my point. :angel:

Danči Dementia
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
It is not about 'holding different opinions'.

It is about a gutter manners prevalent in the forum, about rude, ignorant, irresponsible individuals reigning free, and nobody seemingly taking notice. And I am not talking about just a few exceptions.

Well this forum is going to stay like that with all those manners you mention so and you only have 2 choices:
take it
leave it

:wavey:

if you take it then stop complaining
if you don´t :wavey:

AcesHigh
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Age does not necessarily correspond to ignorance, rudeness, etc. I'm sure you could not guess the ages of some posters here and I'm sure others you'd guess completely wrong. Some posters share their age but when have message boards become a place of intolerance?

I think this place is MUCH better than MTF