PDA

View Full Version : Wimby Juniors R3; Arantxa Rus (NED,2) def. Zsofia Susanyi (HUN) 6-0/6-4

Elwin.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Arantxa :rocker: :hearts: :drool:

good luck against Hendler in the QF, will be tough :scared:

Elwin.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
:banana:

DutchieGirl
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
:bounce:

Dodoboy.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Well done!

A lot of strong danish girls in juniors!

DutchieGirl
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Well done!

:scratch: Aran's DUTCH, not Danish. ;)

gumoll
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
title ix yours :D

Elwin.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well done!

Kingsley :haha: :rolls: :hug:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
WIN
SF
QF

Her junior results are great, but I really hope she will find the WTA tour soon, cause that's really what counts.

Congrats :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
WIN
SF
QF

Her junior results are great, but I really hope she will find the WTA tour soon, cause that's really what counts.

Congrats :yeah:

She is gonna keep playing juniors and some IFs this year, because she wants to finish #1 in juniors, as she believes it will give her more opportunities to get WCs into big ITFs or WTA tourneys. :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
She is gonna keep playing juniors and some IFs this year, because she wants to finish #1 in juniors, as she believes it will give her more opportunities to get WCs into big ITFs or WTA tourneys. :)

I'm not so sure if that will be the truth. Her chances at being nr 1 are there since Oudin lost already.
I just hope she gets her chances soon to get some WTA tournaments.
She won't be young forever.

DutchieGirl
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I'm not so sure if that will be the truth. Her chances at being nr 1 are there since Oudin lost already.
I just hope she gets her chances soon to get some WTA tournaments.
She won't be young forever.

Well - it is true that the #1 junior does get a certain # of WCs - but mostly for ITFs. I think she should just play more ITFs now too - I mean she's already top 300, and hasn't played THAT many tourneys.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well - it is true that the #1 junior does get a certain # of WCs - but mostly for ITFs. I think she should just play more ITFs now too - I mean she's already top 300, and hasn't played THAT many tourneys.

If she starts to play ITF's which she can with her ranking, then WC's aren't needed.
It also gives you more experience then staying at juniors.
In 2009 I hope for some results at WTA already. With some luck she can play her first grandslam.

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 01:04 AM
If she starts to play ITF's which she can with her ranking, then WC's aren't needed.
It also gives you more experience then staying at juniors.
In 2009 I hope for some results at WTA already. With some luck she can play her first grandslam.
Umm - what did I just say? I DID agree with you that she should play more ITFs. :) She will play her first GS in Australia next year if she wants to make the trip. junior AO winners get a WC into quallies for the next year anyway. :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Umm - what did I just say? I DID agree with you that she should play more ITFs. :) She will play her first GS in Australia next year if she wants to make the trip. junior AO winners get a WC into quallies for the next year anyway. :)

I haven't said you didn't agree with me.
Qualies at a grandslam is nice, but it really counts when you get into the maindraw. That's already more points than she won in any other tournament.

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I haven't said you didn't agree with me.
Qualies at a grandslam is nice, but it really counts when you get into the maindraw. That's already more points than she won in any other tournament.

Misa got a quallies WC for the AO in 2005 and made the second round...;)