PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ivanovic, Jankovic, and Sharapova for denying us a thrilling Wimby!!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
:mad:

They are supposed to be the best players on tour yet they got knocked out by tier III players, not only did they lose they lost meekly in straight sets.

With Justine gone I thought for sure her bytches would step it up. I guess they stepped up to get beat down.

:help:

Destiny
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
:lol: Am actually a bit pissed too

partbrit
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I have just the opposite feeling. Though I'm very unhappy that JJ is gone, I think it's very exciting to see Tammy do so well (she could have done even better), and it is especially exciting to see Zheng's breakthrough.

slamchamp
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
it would have been a REALLY exciting Wimbledon, but oh well:rolleyes:

goldlion
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
In fact, it isn't until this year that I realise grass court suits short players most because they can use the big hitters' power to direct the balls and cause troubles to top players. This really adds something more to women tennis because tall players now need to realise how low the balls are and the tactics to deal with that. It's a thrilling Wimbledon so far as I can see the better players stay. I don't want to see the favorites fortunately getting through rounds without producing great tennis.

Serenita
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
womans tennis is going thru a change at the moment. it's goingto be a very interesting hard court season.

oleada
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
This Wimbledon sucked. :o

Piotr'ek
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
:mad:

They are supposed to be the best players on tour yet they got knocked out by tier III players, not only did they lose they lost meekly in straight sets.

With Justine gone I thought for sure her bytches would step it up. I guess they stepped up to get beat down.

:help:

Just like WS denied us from thrilling Roland Garros :fiery:

Come on Americans, get youself togheter !

Cp6uja
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Maria, Ana and Jelena, all three together, reach atleast semifinals at same Grand Slam tournament last season (Roland Garros) and this season (Australian Open). Serena and Venus, first time after 2003, both together reach yesterday Semifinals at some slam

:nerner:

hablo
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
I think Momo's comments are interesting on this topic :

June 27, 2008
Amelie Mauresmo
LONDON, ENGLAND
S. WILLIAMS/A. Mauresmo
6-7, 6-1
THE MODERATOR: Amélie Mauresmo for you. Questions, please.

Q. How much did the thigh injury come into play today?
AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Not a lot in the first set, I thought, even though sometimes I was maybe not a hundred percent on the movement.
But overall, I thought some good moments and some good tennis out there. Then second set I really started to feel it on the set point actually, last point of the tiebreak. I'm not going to talk about the second set (smiling).

Q. I don't know if you saw the result that just came up, but Ivanovic just went out. We have two of the top three seeds falling to players outside the top hundred. Are you sensing this depth, this improved depth? What do you make of this?
AMÉLIE MAURESMO: We can feel it for a while now. It's still improving. Yeah, all the players are capable of beating, as you said, top players.
It's something that maybe in the past we wouldn't have seen much, but I would say since two, three years it's really starting to be this way. I guess it's gonna be even more and more in the future.

Q. Do you have an explanation? Is it training? Is it globalization?
AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Well, it's training. It's girls are preparing better and better and finding new maybe things to work on.
Yeah, I guess we're probably kind of following the men's development in the tennis.

Q. How do you feel about your own future based on your results here?
AMÉLIE MAURESMO: It's gonna be -- first of all, I will see how the leg is, and then I'll really see what's going to happen, how long I will have to take care of this before I can practice again, physically on the tennis.
The schedule for now will remain the same. But, yeah, we'll see what happens. I will do a few exams. But, yeah, second part of the season is staying on what I was planning to do.

Q. Do you think you'll be back here next year?
AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Oh, yeah (smiling). Yeah, I think so.

slamchamp
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Maria, Ana and Jelena, all three together, reach atleast semifinals at same Grand Slam tournament last season (Roland Garros) and this season (Australian Open). Serena and Venus, first time after 2003, both together reach yesterday Semifinals at some slam

:nerner::confused:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
:confused:
I know...its called missing the point entirely.
This has been an awesome Wimbledon. You don't know what to expect and we still don't.

Slutati
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
This Wimbledon is fantastic:banana:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Taught Wimbledon is over after Ana, Maria and Daniela were out before the 4th round.

But instead, I gain a new favorite player... not a bad as I hoped ;)

Cp6uja
Jul 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Also after boring all-4 2007 GS finals and competetive, but still pretty one-seeded previous two 2008 finals... thanks to sisters we will finaly have some real GS-final showdown.

Mikey B
Jul 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
i think this is real depth in the women's game and i love it!!! iv always wanted a seedless slam, where the draw is made solely on whoever's name is pulled out of the hat! but i think we're getting somewhere close to that, with everybody being able to beat anybody at any time or tournament... this will show the real top of women's tennis!