PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Tennis Parent?

cogent53
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:20 AM
Watching Elena Dementieva today made me think of how much I love watching her mother Vera. Poor woman was chewing away at her nails, and always looks so worried - I love her! I remember last year sometime when Elena beat I think it was Mauresmo at an indoor tournament, and Elena went up to give her a big high five at the end. Such a beaming smile from the usually terrified looking Vera!!
Not commenting on personality, but Yuri Sharapov is definitely my least favourite, so aggressive. I sort of like how nervous Richard Williams gets and often walks out, or takes pictures of his girls, and Oracene is one who often applauds the opponents good shots. Well done the Williams parents.
I'm sure she's lovely but Jelena's mother (Sznezana??) always look faintly smug.

Must be a very difficult thing watching your kid play a match.

Dawson.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
i really like vera too. watching her reaction when elena wins any match in any tournement is nice
yuri is defo the worst, no doubt. way too intense - just chill out man!
richard rules. i like how he chats to the opponents parents. im sure he has a few stroies to tell!

Dave.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Has to be Vera, Ann or Oracene.

Optima
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Snezana is a trip, she always has a water bottle with her and takes a drink after every point.

Oracene, Snezana, Vera are all great.

Uranium
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
Mommy Vera, Richard, and sometimes Oracene

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Richard Williams HANDS DOWN...he keeps it real, outspoken and dont give a damn about what people say about him because reguardless of what the media or tennis world may say, he knows his girls are the 2 baddest chics on the tour and people FLASH DAT CASH to see them play!

The Daviator
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:40 AM
Sneki and Oracene because they're the only parents I can think of that applaud the player who beats their daughter(s).

Danči Dementia
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:44 AM
Mommy Vera hands down :hearts: :hug: I also like Serena and Venus´s mom

No Name Face
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Mommy Vera
Richard Williams

:worship:

vw.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Like most of the other posters here, I say Elena's and Williams Sisters' moms.
Mommy Vera's the cutest thing ever... I love how nervous she looks and the way she claps when she's cheering for Elena..
Oracene is just a great sport in that she claps for her opponents winners.

Tripp
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Back in the days when Venus & Serena were just good prospects I used to think Richard Williams was a bit creepy. But now that time has gone by I realize he's just a regular, excentric guy. AndI love how outspoken he is.

In my opinion, though, a good tennis parent is the one that keeps distance from his/her child. I've seen so many creepy people who are just living the success they didn't achieve through their sons/daughters, and way too many cases of parental abuse to think it's a good idea to mix the parent/coach status.

I remember my tennis coach back when I was 14, 15. She told me that her mother used to beat her up every time she lost, and how once she had to ask the umpire to kick her off the court, since she was "helping" her by doing the exact movement she was supposed to do, on the opposite side of the court, behind her rival.

Milito22
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
melanie molitor

Apoleb
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Ana's mom looks the best overall. Very chic and classy looking.

Oracene gets on my nerves with her sleeping in matches (go do something else) and almost always looks a hot mess.

gardengnome3
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:29 AM
Mama Sugiyama by a mile!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
Mrs Hantuchova...we never see her and when we do shes pretty and MOST IMPORTANLY she made an AMAZING daughter :hearts:

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:56 AM
Mommy Vera :awww:

Princeza
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetId=RDM39474.7050993866

http://www.ekapija.com/dokumenti/jelena_jankovic_210607.gif
:inlove: :silly: :rocker2:

Keadz
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Momma Vera always looks so nervous I feel sorry for her, having to watch all of Elena's matches.
Then I like Oracene because she laughs and seems happier when Venus and Serena are struggling and scrambling in matches. Richard seems cool enough, but some of the stuff he has said is pretty silly.
Snezana just because its the coolest name I have ever heard.

Honorable mention to Casey's Mum and Nanna because of their reactions at the Aussie Open.

Lefty.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Mommy Vera is lovely. :hearts:

young_gunner913
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Mommey Vera and Oracene. :hearts:

pka_liloo
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
the greatest of all - Melanie Molitor! :)