PDA

View Full Version : American Radio host kills women's tennis(cuz hes an authority)

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM
If this doesnt make you laugh, I dont know what will. :lol:

Chris Russo from one of the biggest sports radio stations in the USA, WFAN in New York, and labels himself a "bigtime tennis fan"...sheds his thought s on various topics such as:

"the real reason the men played on good courts,
and the women play on lesser courts..."
"demetrieva"
"tansagern"
"svetlana kuweetsanova"
"checkavidatsia"
"williams tennis"
"serena being a bad loser"
"women's tennis is an absolute disaster"

send your complaints/compliments to wfan.com :lol:

enjoy :lol:

http://www.dailymotion.com/SteffiGrafWIMBY/video/x5zgxr_wta-expert-russo_sport

Kworb
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
omg :help: :tape:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm watching this clip now. He has not pronounced ONE women's players name correctly. Other than Williams. If he knew so much about tennis, and women's tennis, why can't he pronounce their names!

He also slipped and said he was down on "Williams tennis," then corrected himself to say, "women's tennis."

Clearly, this guy does not watch women's tennis. So his comments are those of a hater who speaks of that which he truly does not know. A**hole. Thanks for the heads up, I will complain.

AcesHigh
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:04 PM
C'mon.. anyone who lives in the New York area knows this show is ridiculous and that their opinions aren't worth paying attention to.

shell
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately, this pretty much sums up tennis in the US. Outside of true and pure tennis fans, the general public knows very little about the sport. His failure to research his tennis is still far more knowledge than the average person on the street, and many of the players on the court in our hometowns.

Other than that, he just sounds like a jerk.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
C'mon.. anyone who lives in the New York area knows this show is ridiculous and that their opinions aren't worth paying attention to.

Haha, I know. But its still funny as hell when he tries to rationlize alot of his points and cant even pronounce a single name(other than Williams) right. :tape:

Give the last caller a little credit :worship:

The Daviator
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
"checkavidatsia"

:spit:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:14 PM

I didn't know as I live in Los Angeles. People can prefer whatever they like (that's not my business), but what bothers me is when people claim to "know" so much about the sport when they clearly don't follow it.

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM
What a hater, but what's new on talkradio

AcesHigh
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
I didn't know as I live in Los Angeles. People can prefer whatever they like (that's not my business), but what bothers me is when people claim to "know" so much about the sport when they clearly don't follow it.

Yea, well, a little background is they're a very popular show that's aired nationally and they've been around for awhile. "Mike and the Maddogg(Chris Russo)". But they're past their time in my opinion.. you'd never hear this from anyone on ESPN or Sportscenter. And they're constantly screaming for some reason.

Chris Russo also thinks he knows A LOT more than he really knows. And about the mispronounciation.. he does it a lot, not a big surprise.

Volcana
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Chris Russo from one of the biggest sports radio stations in the USA, WFAN in New York, and labels himself a "bigtime tennis fan"...sheds his thought s on various topics such as:

"demetrieva"
"tansagern"
"svetlana kuweetsanova"
"checkavidatsia"
"williams tennis"
I'm not offering this as a defense of Russo, but rather a clarification.

1) Russo claims to have have actually been a pro tennis player. A journeyman, but he claims to have played all the slams. I have no independent corrobaoration of this, but he's claimed it on air. If that's true, it's does give him a certain authority.

2) The phrase 'Williams tennis' was a slip of the tongue. He corrected it to 'women's tennis'

3) he loved Hingis.

4) He said repeatedly that he'd have to watch a Venus vs Serena final, and in fact said he liked Venus.

The dude's main problem is that he thinks most women's matches are either inconsequential or non-competitive. Is he biased against women's tennis? Actually he's biased against women's sports in general. But tone aside, the real problem is that he can't even make the effort to learn the players names, yet claims to be a sports talk show host. He manages to pronounce the names of the MALE european players correctly.

mirzalover
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
How could he not say Bethanie Mattel right. I heard him say Serena was playing Baththeyeah Meitek and I was like wait didnt Serena play Bethanie Mattek. I dont think this guy can read so why does he have a radio talk show.

Willam
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
federer played Yuwi :haha:

Radwnaska is a not knowned player :haha:

Zien and Dementrieva are not of his interest :haha:

Kiwiseenova :haha:

Chakiveedadsi :haha:

Safin plays the player Swiss UNKNOWN players (Wawrinka) :haha:

Williamses are bad lossers and bad personalities.

ToeTag
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I will complain.
Oh, c'mon it's just his opinion, and he's correct that women's tennis is a disaster right now!! Really there are far more important things to complain about.

GO CHRIS.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:59 PM
Oh, c'mon it's just his opinion, and he's correct that women's tennis is a disaster right now!! Really there are far more important things to complain about.

GO CHRIS.

I already voiced my opinion at the radio station website. But you are correct, there are many important things in the world to be concerned about, and for me, this is one of them. If it's not for you -- that's your business.

MAXSquared
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
If this is from NBC (national radio station) that's quite worrying.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM
federer played Yuwi :haha:

Radwnaska is a not knowned player :haha:

Zien and Dementrieva are not of his interest :haha:

Kiwiseenova :haha:

Chakiveedadsi :haha:

Safin plays the player Swiss UNKNOWN players (Wawrinka) :haha:

Williamses are bad lossers and bad personalities.

Your 4th laugh is the funniest one. Kuznetsova won a damn US Open Russo!!! Your a good Tennis fan? :lol:

beatlessub
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:13 AM
he said he doesnt want to see a match
with venus and serena playing with a nobody because they r going to win

...wouldn't be the same with federer and nadal
why see it if we know they r going to win

=/

young_gunner913
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
This guy is almost as stupid and douchey as Justin Gimelstob.

partbrit
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Sounds like he's auditioning for ESPN or Tennis Channel.

kris719
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM
I agree with him about the court placements. The rest of it is just an absolute joke. Just listening to him attempt to prounce those names :lol: and he claims he is a tennis expert :rolleyes:

jbeacinu
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
silent j on jankovic boo :)

Optima
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
I can't stand when people pronounce the hard J in Jankovic.

Dawson.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
If this doesnt make you laugh, I dont know what will. :lol:

"demetrieva"
"tansagern"
"svetlana kuweetsanova"
"checkavidatsia"
"williams tennis"

send your complaints/compliments to wfan.com :lol:

enjoy :lol:

adding new letters to the names of players :haha:
and as for serena being a sore loser, WTF?! her and venus are the most graceful players in defeat on tour

Uranium
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
Bonnie Mattek:hearts:
he is so sexist, he won't watch women's final if it doesn't have the Williams Sisters, but if it does he'll watch it because it would be a good story:o
Also, he butchered each name, he is disrespectful to women's tennis.
Maria, Venus, Serena and Ana make women's tennis and he trashed talked each of them.
He isn't a fan of women's tennis because he's sexist:shrug:
He said he'll rather watch a men's match then Venus

Mikey.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Omg his pronunciations :bigcry:

PMRD44
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:34 AM
This guy and his partner are beyond horrible at pretty much everything they do. They epitomize what sports journalism has devolved into: say something as loud and clear as you can without regards to whether it has any factual basis. I'm not sure that there is anything that screams stupidity more than listening to an hour of a typical American sports talk radio show. As a thinking person, it makes your head hurt.

Uranium
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:39 AM
tansugran:lol:
He makes Henin sound like Ana, Zeng, Dementrieva
he's down on women's tennis:o
He is really sexist as I am listening to it again.
Bonnie Matayak, he doesn't know their names:o

Tennis Fool
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
Okay, who's going to report this to Wertheim :)