PDA

View Full Version : Will Nicole continue working with Felgate?

Sexysova
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM
David Felgate made an interview with Czech press and they asked about he and Nicole should decide after Wimbledon if they will continue together or not..

consider Nicole's slump she did a great job at Wimbledon, today's match was too inconsistent but she tried.. at least she won more games than others..

personally I think Nicole and Felgate will continue together.. :)

so what do you think? :)

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Considering Nicole made the QF, they'll probably continue to work together, even if he wasn't even really a reason for the result. ;)

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
the commentator of the match said that Felgate is the hell of a coach.......

You can´t expect to have great results when you have worked with a coach for not much time .

I think she should continue training with him

Lunaris
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:15 PM
Nicole sounded quite positive and mature during the post match press co. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't continue together.

Rod the Bama
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
I also think that Nikki and Felgate will continue to work together. Her run to the quarterfinals was a nice encouraging sign and will be something to build on with the North American hard court season and Olympics coming up.

Sharapower8
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think. Well, I hope 'cause if she has to play badly everytime she changes her coach, she'd rather not :p

Cirstea
Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:48 PM
I think she will and she should stay with Felgate. Casting aside whether she has been winning or losing, one thing I noticed during her Wimbledon run was that she dealt with her anger and frustration SO much better than in the past. If as I suspect Felgate is partly responsible for that then hats off to him. They need to give it more time, you cannot re-invent yourself overnight.

Sexysova
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
I think she will and she should stay with Felgate. Casting aside whether she has been winning or losing, one thing I noticed during her Wimbledon run was that she dealt with her anger and frustration SO much better than in the past. If as I suspect Felgate is partly responsible for that then hats off to him. They need to give it more time, you cannot re-invent yourself overnight.

yep absolutely agree.. I also noticed that :)

Corswandt
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM
"Will she continue working with Felgate?"

Yes, I think so, and everybody else agrees judging by the poll.

"Should she continue working with Felgate?"

I don't know. Grass season was far from the ideal time to get out of a slump/acute bout of cantbearseditis so anything better than further embarrassment would be a triumph, but I'm still not sure if this was a real step forward. That final set vs Zheng - misses a couple of easy returns when ahead 0-30 on Zheng's service game and all of a sudden becomes a UE machine. Not encouraging. She'll always miss easy returns; real progress would be not letting that get to her.

Ceri
Jul 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I think she will, he isn't the best coach around though for sure. But what she needs now is probably a bit of consistency in her life so I hope he sticks around for a bit.

Dor Y
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I think she will.