PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 Hard Court Season: It's Time for the Olympics and USO

Pages : [1] 2

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Let's forget the grass. It's for cows anyway. Instead, let's look toward the hard court season.

azdaja
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
if she sucks at us open i'm supersticiously starting the thread about ana in australia 2009 :p

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Has Ana's summer schedule been officially announced yet?

The Daviator
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Montreal, Beijing and New York, I think.

Dexter
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
You soooo should've let Srdjan to start this thread. :smash:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM
omg we move on fast here :haha:

Princeza
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
:haha: we should have turns to create threads. We keep the posters when she wins.

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
omg we move on fast here :haha:

Why dwell on the past, especially when it's as disgusting as this?

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I can delete my first post (and, thus, the thread I think) if anyone else really wanted to create the thread?

dybbuk
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
:haha: we should have turns to create threads. We keep the posters when she wins.

azdaja should start all our threads, he's our good luck charm. :sobbing:

Dexter
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
No, let it stay like this. ;)
We ain't superstitious, are we? :lol:

azdaja
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:13 PM
we can try. it would be fun if we would compete in how much luck we "bring" to ana :lol:

I can delete my first post (and, thus, the thread I think) if anyone else really wanted to create the thread?
lol, nooooo! :lol: in terms of superstition that would be cheating anyway :o

No, let it stay like this. ;)
We ain't superstitious, are we? :lol:
i am :p i agreed to go for a walk last year after my cousin had told me that me watching the match was bringing bad luck to nole who we both wanted to win that day :help: :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Thankfully, Ana is playing Montreal. This makes it possible for her to win both the Olympics and the USO. LOL!

Princeza
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM

Nah i was just kidding, i am not that superstitious ;)
only sometimes

DownTheLine21
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Well, I'm officially going to the USO for the third and fourth round instead of Championship Weekend (which I went to last year). While I would love to see Ana win the tournament (if she got to that point), I don't want to take any chances. Also, last year's WTA final was so boring that I don't want to risk another boring one. The Chak-Kuz SF was also terrible, so the Venus-Henin showdown was the only worthwhile match I saw last year. The ATP matches were better, but it was still a relatively boring weekend.

Looking back, though, I guess I saw the last "great" match of Henin's career, and the sheer excitement and skill on display in the SF almost made the entire weekend worth it.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 28th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Sad that we already have to look at the hardcourt season already.
It takes another month before she plays again.
Last year she won her 1st tournament after Wimbledon and she also never lost a match in Montreal.
Probably she won't play there as the number 1 :sad:

SOA_MC
Jun 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Noob question Serbia doesn't have another Fed Cup tie to play? have they already qualified to go up a group?:confused:

azdaja
Jun 28th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Noob question Serbia doesn't have another Fed Cup tie to play? have they already qualified to go up a group?:confused:
yes, thankfully. i'm actually watching for lesser serbian players in hope one or 2 of them would step up because i really don't want ana to play too much in that competition :o but no luck so far :mad:

btw, did ana hate thread just get deleted? if so, it happened only a minute after i had reported a post to mods. perhaps using the report button is useful after all?

SOA_MC
Jun 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
yes, thankfully. i'm actually watching for lesser serbian players in hope one or 2 of them would step up because i really don't want ana to play too much in that competition :o but no luck so far :mad:

btw, did ana hate thread just get deleted? if so, it happened only a minute after i had reported a post to mods. perhaps using the report button is useful after all?

Thanks for the answer

Which one there are hundreds of them:lol:

SOA_MC
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Since Ana didn't play a lead up grass tournament and was knocked out of Wimbledon in the 3rd round should Ana defend her Los Angeles title?

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 5th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Since Ana didn't play a lead up grass tournament and was knocked out of Wimbledon in the 3rd round should Ana defend her Los Angeles title?

Im glad you said something, because for some reason i had in my head that she WAS playing LA. But schedule looks like:
Jul. 28-Aug. 3, Montreal, Rogers Cup
Aug.10-17 Olympics
Aug.25-Sep 7 US Open

LA would be July 21-27. Looking at the dates, i think it makes sense.

azdaja
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:51 AM
i read an interview with a serbian tennis player who used to train with ana when they were children. she says positive things about ana and she says she hasn't changed and is still nice. i think that offically settles it for me - people who say ana is fake are simply :weirdo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
:wavey: let's get ready to cheer on ana and make sure we put wimbledon far far far behind us :)

cocco80
Jul 12th, 2008, 02:02 AM
:wavey: let's get ready to cheer on ana and make sure we put wimbledon far far far behind us :)

at least serena made the final. ana..it's like she didn't even enter. :tape::lol:

Princeza
Jul 12th, 2008, 04:08 PM
:yawn: can't wait to see her back.

Cp6uja
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I can delete my first post (and, thus, the thread I think) if anyone else really wanted to create the thread?Click "EDIT" button, than "GO ADVANCED" button. You dont need to delete this thread, but will be nice if you change Thread Title and delete "Forget Wimbledon!" part. How to forget Wimbledon in this thread discusions if we see them all the time in Title :confused::p

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/peek.gif

DownTheLine21
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
It's so dead around here. Only a few more weeks until Montreal!

bad_angel_109
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Best of luck to Ana for the U.S. hardcourt season. First up, Montreal. Go Ana, you can do it! :D

The Daviator
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
It's worth the wait cos we've got Montreal-Beijing-USO all in the space of a few weeks, but it is very boring right now :yawn:

Reckoner
Jul 17th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Best thing about Montreal is that TSN actaully shows the matches.

Otherwise they got poker, golf or fishing.

azdaja
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/peek.gif
i like that smilie :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
is it time for ana yet :sad:

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:53 AM
HERE'S another brief topic of conversation--OR something else to ignore as many of my other questions have been--can Kuzy possibly catch Ana by winning LA since she didn't play there last year,or is she too many points behind?...and what about 2007 SFist Jelena,is it possible for her to become #1?

azdaja
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
HERE'S another brief topic of conversation--OR something else to ignore as many of my other questions have been--can Kuzy possibly catch Ana by winning LA since she didn't play there last year,or is she too many points behind?...and what about 2007 SFist Jelena,is it possible for her to become #1?
jelena can overtake ana only if she wins the tournament, kuznetsova can't in any way.

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
jelena can overtake ana only if she wins the tournament, kuznetsova can't in any way.:hatoff:Thanks for the knowledge:)

SOA_MC
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:49 PM
jelena can overtake ana only if she wins the tournament, kuznetsova can't in any way.

No Jelena only needs to make the final but even if she does Ana will take the #1 ranking right back at Montreal

azdaja
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
No Jelena only needs to make the final but even if she does Ana will take the #1 ranking right back at Montreal
according to "statistics king" cp6uja she needs to win it, but i guess he can explain it better than me anyway.

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
No Jelena only needs to make the final but even if she does Ana will take the #1 ranking right back at MontrealDo you mean that Jelena will lose points by not playing Montreal so that Ana will overtake her...or are you simply predicting that Ana will catch Jelena?

SOA_MC
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Do you mean that Jelena will lose points by not playing Montreal so that Ana will overtake her...or are you simply predicting that Ana will catch Jelena?

The bolded section Ana lost her first match at Montreal last year meaning only 1 ranking point I expect Ana will perform alot better this year

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
The bolded section Ana lost her first match at Montreal last year meaning only 1 ranking point I expect Ana will perform alot better this year...and since Jelena made it all the way to the final of last year's Rogers Cup,it would be easy for Ana to catch her by simply not choking in the 1st Round as she did in Toronto 2007.Jelena would ned to win the tourney to gain any points...is THAT how it works?

azdaja
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
...and since Jelena made it all the way to the final of last year's Rogers Cup,it would be easy for Ana to catch her by simply not choking in the 1st Round as she did in Toronto 2007.Jelena would ned to win the tourney to gain any points...is THAT how it works?
not this year because points for montreal will come off later. both will have points from both last and this year after the tournament.

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM
not this year because points for montreal will come off later. both will have points from both last and this year after the tournament.Then I guess Ana's best chance to retain the top spot is if Jelena doesn't make the LA final.......BUT,so that we can't be accused of hating Jelena(which I DON'T),I'll root against her in a VERY gentle way.IF and when she loses:"Awwwww,I'm sorry Jelena;come over here,you delicious Serbian muffin :kiss::kiss::kiss:."....Perhaps that approach will prevent any Civil War flare-ups.;)

gaviotabr
Jul 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I was not sure where to post this, but here it is:

Front page of the main newspaper from Mallorca (Spain), Ultima Hora (saturday, July 19).

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6016/ultimahorajm4.jpg

"Mallorca es un lugar perfecto"

La tenista serbia Ana Ivanovic, número uno del mundo, pasa unos días en la Isla antes de volver a las pistas

Guapa, simpática y la mejor tenista del mundo. Ella es Ana Ivanovic, que está pasando unos días en Mallorca mitad descanso, mitad entrenamiento, preparando sus próximos compromisos profesionales. Ayer por la tarde estuvo ejercitándose con Tomeu Salvà como «sparring» y la proxima semana se marchará a Montreal. Tras su sesión de casi dos horas de duración, la jugadora serbia tuvo la deferencia de atender a Ultima Hora en la cafetería de las instalaciones del Palma Raquet. «Llegué a Mallorca hace casi dos semanas. La primera estuve descansando y desde el lunes he vuelto a entrenar. Conozco bien la Isla porque cuando tenía 14 años vine varias veces a Cala Rajada donde entrenaba con Erik Van Harpen». Ana Ivanovic está viviendo su mejor temporada como profesional. En Roland Garros logró su primer Grand Slam y consiguió auparse a lo más alto de la WTA. «Fue increíble conseguir mis dos sueños en la misma semana. La lástima fue que Wimbledon llegó demasiado pronto y estaba muy cansada, sobre todo psicológicamente. Pero bueno, también me ha servido de experiencia para un futuro». La conversación se desarrolla en castellano demostrando una vez más la facilidad que tienen los deportistas balcánicos en aprender nuestro idioma. ¿Será porque le encanta la Isla? «Mallorca es un lugar perfecto para vivir y me encantaría instalarme aquí». Algunos rumores apuntan a que Ivanovic está buscando casa, aunque ella no lo quiere confirmar. «Otra de las cosas que me entusiasman de Mallorca es la comida. La coca de verduras está buenísima. Me hubiera gustado probar también la sobrasada, pero tiene demasiada grasa y tengo que mantenerme en forma», explica entre sonrisas.

Ana Ivanovic aguarda con una ilusión muy especial la llegada de los Juegos Olímpicos de Pekín. «Será impresionante. Además, tendré la oportunidad de ver competir a los mejores deportistas del mundo y eso es algo increíble. Lo único malo es que tendremos el calendario aún más cargado pero, de todas formas, estoy muy ilusionada con competir por mi país en un evento tan importante».

Ana Ivanovic no tiene muchas amigas entre el resto de las jugadores, pero no por culpa suya. «Existen chicas muy agradables con las que se puede hablar, pero es muy difícil que se conviertan en amigas porque la competencia entre nosotras es muy fuerte. Yo intento llevarme bien con todas».

Como a cualquier joven de su edad le encanta la moda y escuchar música, pero entre sus mayores aficiones, además de ir de tiendas, se encuentra la lectura. «Es una afición que tengo desde pequeña. Me encanta leer, sobre todo libros de Historia. Durante un tiempo pensé en estudiar una carrera, pero el tenis te exige demasiado tiempo». Un consejo para sus «fans»: le encantan las series «24» y «Perdidos», pero no soporta que le cuenten un capítulo que aún no ha visto.

Jaime Moreda

Foto: Julián Aguirre

So, for everyone who do not speak spanish, this article is about Ana's vacation and practice in Mallorca, Spain. She has been there for about 2 weeks, and said that the first week was just for some rest, but since monday she has been practicing. She is supposed to go to Montreal next week. The reporter says that Ana did the whole interview in spanish and that she is beautiful, nice and the best tennis player in the world. She talks a little bit about the Olympic Games, about friendships on tour, that she likes to read books and watch TV shows. She also says great things about Mallorca, that the city is perfect, the food is wonderful and that she used to go train there when she was a 14 year old. The article states that there is a rumour around that she wants to buy a house there.

Well, Ana has definitely chosen a precious location to spend her vacation. And there are great facilities there to practice. It seems that Ana speaks spanish, that's some info I didn't know.

It's really late here now, but I can translate the whole thing tomorrow if you guys want me to or if no one does it before.

gaviotabr
Jul 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
sociedad
´Rafa Nadal será número 1 este año´

"No me parece bien que chicas modelos hagan de recogepelotas". Foto: Lorenzo.

La tenista serbia Ana Ivanovic, que se marcha hoy de la isla, ha combinado unos días de relax y entrenamiento en Mallorca junto a otra de sus grandes pasiones: ir de tiendas VANESSA SÁNCHEZ.

PALMA. Tímida y amable a partes iguales, no descuida ni el más mínimo detalle. Coqueta, risueña y muy profesional, posa ante los medios con una sonrisa sincera. No es modelo, pero está considerada como una de las mujeres más sexys del planeta, algo que le hace sentir bien "aunque también me avergüenza. Es un halago que agradezco pero lo mío es el deporte, no la pasarela". Ana Ivanovic (Belgrado, 1987) ha pasado unos días en la isla combinando largas sesiones de entrenamientos con jornadas de relax en la playa. Ayer, en su despedida de Mallorca, quiso revelar algunos de sus secretos.
"Aún no puedo creer que esté en el número 1 del ranking de la WTA -la lista que agrupa a las mejores tenistas en competición-, es un premio a muchos años de trabajo. Pero espero que lo mejor esté aún por llegar", confiesa. Y es que tiene una espina clavada que, aunque no es suficiente como para señalar este 2008 como un año agridulce, no le da la felicidad completa. "Ganar Roland Garros fue increíble. Luego llegó Wimbledon y no pude alcanzar la final. Estaba muy cansada, física y emocionalmente, lo que no me permitió estar al cien por cien", reconoce. Por eso, admira mucho más los méritos de su amigo Rafa Nadal quién, por cierto, ha hecho de anfitrión de la tenista y le ha enseñado algunos rincones de la isla. "Estoy convencida de que Rafa este año alcanzará el número 1. Roger Federer está muy fuerte, pero la victoria de Nadal en Londres, en el torneo de Queens y en París son definitivas. Espero que tenga suerte en el Open USA".
Aunque no ha descuidado su alimentación durante estas mini vacaciones, lo cierto es que la joven no ha podido resistirse a la coca de verdura y a la paella. "La comida por aquí es deliciosa". No es lo único que le ha gustado de una isla que ya conocía de hace tiempo, cuando con 14 años entrenó junto a Erik Van Harper en Cala Rajada. "Mallorca es un lugar idílico para vivir, la gente es muy amable".
Entre raquetazo y raquetazo, Ana Ivanovic ha podido conocer lugares tan dispares como Pollença, Andratx o Puerto Portals y practicar una de sus aficiones favoritas: las compras. "Me gusta vestir según la ocasión. Como siempre voy muy deportiva, cuando puedo, me pongo algo más elegante, sobre todo vestidos", asegura. Enganchada a su reproductor mp3 con las canciones de sus artistas preferidos, entre ellos Maroon 5, Leona Lewis y Pink, también sigue de cerca la actualidad informativa y todo lo que acontece en el mundo del tenis. Por ello, cuando se le pregunta su opinión sobre que haya mujeres modelos haciendo de recogepelotas en los torneos contesta deprisa. "Cuando estás en la pista no te enteras de lo que ocurre a tu alrededor porque estás muy concentrada. Pero creo que es un poco machista. Los niños son ideales para hacer esa función, porque además, son futuros espectadores y jugadores de tenis", dice.
Esa es su otra pasión. "Cuando me retire, me gustaría trabajar con los más pequeños".

Another article about Ana in Mallorca, from the newspaper Diario de Mallorca. This time they say that she is going to leave the island today. It has the same info the other one had, only adds that Rafa Nadal was Ana's host and showed the city to her. Also she says that she believes he will be number one sometime this year. She talks a little bit about the disapointment at Wimbledon, but she was really tired mentally and phisicaly, and couldn't be at 100%. The reporter describes Ana as extremely kind, careful with every detail, profesional, gigly and a also bit shy.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
AJDE!!:bounce:

Wont be long now.:) Last time she played in Montreal, I downloaded the match Martina Hingis vs. some girl i never heard of named Ivanovic, about a week after it was played. I sat down to watch confident title #42 was in the bag. Ana made Martina look silly.:hearts:

DownTheLine21
Jul 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Only a few days to go. In the meantime, everyone root for Beth to win LA!

SOA_MC
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Montreal Draw

(1) Ivanovic - Bye
Nakamura - Kvitova
Q - Q
Paszek - (14) Schiavone
(11) Azarenka - Q
Q - Bammer
Razzano - Rezai
Bye - (8) Zvonareva

(4) Kuznetsova - Bye
Q - Q
King - Q
Harkleroad - (15) Pennetta
(9) Schnyder - Q
Niculescu - Q
Rodionova - Q
Bye - (7) Safina

(6) Chakvetadze - Bye
Craybas - Fichman
Q - Kleybanova
Q - (10) Bartoli
(16) Vaidisova - Sugiyama
Lisicki - Peer
Mattek - Domachowska
Bye - (3) Sharapova

(5) Dementieva - Bye
Cibulkova - Vesnina
Tanasugarn - Sanchez
(WC) Pelletier - (12) Petrova
(13) Kirilenko - Keothavong
Govortsova - (WC) Dubois
Chan - Wozniak
Bye - (2) Jankovic

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Her draw looks good (No Jie in sight) so I have a good feeling. She was on vacation with her entire team so I guess she didn't just work on her tan :lol:

I think Dinara (or Sveta) will be her first real test and I hope she can pass it! :D

Ajde, Ana! :bounce:

dybbuk
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Against Petra in the second round. :( That one could be tough if Petra is playing well. A couple of tough players in her half, but I like it. Elena and Maria are on the other side of the draw, can't ask for more really.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 25th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I like it! Ajde Ana!

jelenacg
Jul 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
it`s a good draw but you never know...

Ajde Ana

doni1212
Jul 26th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Only a few days to go. In the meantime, everyone root for Beth to win LA!

I definitely am, :woohoo:
Oh, and good luck in Montreal Ana!!!!

Dexter
Jul 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Finally the wait is over! :bounce:
The draw is not too bad, ajde!!!

Nikkiri
Jul 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Nice looking draw. Good luck Ana, go win another title. :rocker2:

bruce goose
Jul 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Sorry for wasting everyone's space with my FORMER post #55:it turns out that Stockholm only has 2 qualifying rounds and they don't even begin 'til tomorrow:tape:...the sickle TRULY is ready to drop

DownTheLine21
Jul 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Finally! Good draw.

Rod the Bama
Jul 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
It`s a good looking draw early on for Ana. If she can return to the good form from earlier this year, then she should go on a nice run to at least the finals. Hopefully Ana can get it back going in the right direction at Montreal next week. It would be nice to see her build some positive momentium for the Olympics and US Open.

dybbuk
Jul 27th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Ana's No.1 for another week. She's gotten rather lucky with this a couple of times now. :lol:

Dexter
Jul 27th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Ana needs to win the title to be sure of staying as #1 for week #9.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 27th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Ana needs to win the title to be sure of staying as #1 for week #9.

The points from LA last year comes off the week after Montreal, so she doesn't need to win to be 1 for week 9, but week 10.

Looking at LA it proves again that Jelena doesn't deserve nr 1 position. Wasted it at RG, Wimbledon and LA. Ana will show she won't get it after Montreal as well.

Finally our girl is playing again!!!

AJDE ANA!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Dexter
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
:topic: Did you guys downloaded HTs from RG SF from Ana's website? And if so, how many times did you watch it? I think I easily hit 30 already... Just can't get enough of that match. :hearts:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM
:topic: Did you guys downloaded HTs from RG SF from Ana's website? And if so, how many times did you watch it? I think I easily hit 30 already... Just can't get enough of that match. :hearts:

I certainly will when I get home.

15 hours by train to go!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM

:topic: I have the entire match! Love it :hearts: :topic:

Anyway, I can't wait to see her playing again :bounce:
Are there any training pics yet?

jelenacg
Jul 27th, 2008, 03:33 PM
i also have entire match :lol::lol::lol:

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Hey guys can you come vote on my poll? Thanks

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=351636

Langers
Jul 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I certainly will when I get home.

15 hours by train to go!
Train? :worship: ;)

CMMMON ANA! :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ajde ana!!!!!!!! win this title :armed:

question for you stats people....when will the US Open points come off then??? or will those points be caught up by time they get to the Open??

Dexter
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
US Open is played this year exactly by the same time it was last year, so points from it will come off after US Open is over.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Train? :worship: ;)

CMMMON ANA! :yeah:

I almost missed it. 3 more minutes later and I had to wait another day for the next train.
Now I´m home and can focus on Montreal!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Kvitova is the 1st victim!

AJDE ANA!!!!!!

Dexter
Jul 28th, 2008, 07:10 PM
So Petra will be Ana's opponent. Aiko would've been the easier opponent... but for once I won't be pesimistic. After all Petra is not a qualifier or a WC, so Ana won't lose to her. AJDE! :cool:

doni1212
Jul 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I hope Ana gets the Wednesday night match instead of Sharapova, :devil:

cocco80
Jul 29th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Ajde ANa..nemoj da te sanjam.

anci, go kick some ass.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 29th, 2008, 04:16 AM
ditto what Cocco said!:hearts:

I was just looking at Montreal 2004's draw, since it proceeded the Olympics too in the same way as this year.
round 2- both Dementieva(4) and Petrova(8) were defeated in their opening matches.
round 3- Sharapova(6) was out(in fairness, she lost to Zvonareva(10))
The final wasnt exactly a classic: Mauresmo(2) over Likhovtseva 6-1,6-0
I dont have a point really, just thinking some seeds could be falling out this year due to maybe some lack of focus, or players not going to Olympics stepping up their game. Knowing which version of Ana's game will show up, is :help::help::help:. I guess what im trying to say is that this tournament is for the taking, and perhaps could be made easier, by the Olympics circumstances.

I just reread what i wrote, not sure what the hell i wrote makes sense. Im gonna hit the post quick reply button anyway.:o
Ajde Ana!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
US Open is played this year exactly by the same time it was last year, so points from it will come off after US Open is over.

o0o ty ;)

when is ana's first match :) only because #1 is on the line do i want ana to win this title...if it wasn't then i would tell her get a couple matches, withdraw then go to beijing...:ras:

Dexter
Jul 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ana will play tomorrow. I hope it's not a night match, because I want to watch that.
I hardly ever have tennis-dreams but today I dreamt that Ana lost to Kvitova 26 06 and then she said eh, whatever mickey-mouse tournament. :lol: I really don't want her to lose this week.

cocco80
Jul 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I dreamt that Ana lost to Kvitova 26 06 and then she said eh, whatever mickey-mouse tournament. :lol:

:haha:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Ana will play tomorrow. I hope it's not a night match, because I want to watch that.
I hardly ever have tennis-dreams but today I dreamt that Ana lost to Kvitova 26 06 and then she said eh, whatever mickey-mouse tournament. :lol: I really don't want her to lose this week.

:scared: what if that happens!!!!! you will be banned :ras:

azdaja
Jul 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM
i also had my first tennis dream ever and it also was about ana playing and she lost in my dream too :tape: however, it was not at montreal and it was not this opponent.

DownTheLine21
Jul 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Even if Ana is a little rusty, I think she should be able to fight through her match. Kvitova is very "hit or miss," and this can change from match to match, or even game to game. It should be interesting.

Does anyone know of any live streams for the tournament?

The Daviator
Jul 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Finally, she's back :D

A bit worried about Petra, but Ana should be good after such a long rest.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Tomorrow it starts for Ana.
Now she can show she really belongs at the top of the rankings.
She needs at least a SF to have a chance to get her ranking the week after Montreal. Which means at least 3 victories.

Actually she has no choice. Jelena nr 1 is no option in any way.
So she better continues where she left in 2006. No Zheng her, so no worries to lose a set.

I've tested GM again and it's so simple to get many replies in a few minutes :haha::lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 30th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Wednesday order of play

STADIUM
Starting at: 11:00
Patty SCHNYDER (SUI) vs Monica NICULESCU (ROU)

Not Before 1:00 M
Maria KIRILENKO vs Stephanie DUBOIS (CAN)

followed by
Ana IVANOVIC (SRB) vs Petra KVITOVA (CZE)

Not Before 7:30 PM
Marta DOMACHOWSKA (POL)vs Maria SHARAPOVA (RUS)

followed by
Yung-Jan CHAN (TPE) or Aleksandra WOZNIAK (CAN)vs Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2008, 05:32 AM
My girls playing 2nd and 3rd :bounce:

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Of course not shown by ES. :(

mure
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:21 AM
im reading some reports on ana's site from people who watched her practise sessions and her right hand was heavily bandaged..she even had to stop a few times and apparently it was affecting her shots.

DownTheLine21
Jul 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
im reading some reports on ana's site from people who watched her practise sessions and her right hand was heavily bandaged..she even had to stop a few times and apparently it was affecting her shots.

Damn! This is terrible news. I wonder what happened.

doni1212
Jul 30th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I thought she had a thumb injury, :shrug:
Let's hope it's not that serious, :scared:

Nikkiri
Jul 30th, 2008, 04:04 PM

:scared:

Hope she's okay.

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Don't scare me... :unsure:
Guys, did you find any livestream?

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=351882
Ana one vote away from winning a match in PYW (it's been a while!)... Someone quickly go and vote!

DownTheLine21
Jul 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
So, is there anymore news on this supposed thumb injury?

Nikkiri
Jul 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
A picture of it taped up. :scared:

http://i37.tinypic.com/nbbqrr.jpg

cocco80
Jul 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
doesn't look promising.

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Oh scheisse... Doesn't quite make me relaxed before her match. :(

DownTheLine21
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
If it is serious, I hope she just withdraws. There's no use in making it worse. She doesn't have any points to defend here anyway.

DownTheLine21
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM
LOL! Is this Kirilenko-Dubois match ever going to end?

doni1212
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I know!! Finally a third set tiebreak, damn that took forever! And I hope we can see it on a livestream. Are we doing livescoring in here?

mure
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
oh my the kirilenko match is taking literally centuries to finish and i'm readin that there is a 70% of rain at montreal during the next hours..

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Kirilenko lost to Dubois. :spit:
Finally time for Ana ---> off to LiveScoring thread.

doni1212
Jul 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
oh my the kirilenko match is taking literally centuries to finish and i'm readin that there is a 70% of rain at montreal during the next hours..

Yeah, I'm in Pittsburgh in the states and it's about to storm here. I guess it'll be heading up north after us to Montreal.

Balltossovic
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM
How's our girl doing? Did she win yet? I know she was up a break.

DownTheLine21
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Ana definitely wasn't playing that well, but a win is a win. It's important to keep shaking the rust off.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I don't know about you but Ana looks like a damn good actress.
She was teasing Petra the whole time.
Sometimes her play looked a bit like Rome and the next time she smells some bagels.
Ana never was in danger of losing. It really looked like a practise.
I didn't hear much AJDe's either. Most were in the last set.

22 winners and 29 errors. Strangely only 5 errors in set 2. I almost think that's not right.

Ana, you may be nr 1 now but please don't pretend that nobody can hurt you.
With a normal game it ended like 6-1 6-2.

Paszek is next. It almost looks the winner is already decided. But only Ana knows the score.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:32 PM
And it actually didn't look the injury had any effect. At least in my opinion.
But this form isn't relaxing for defend the nr 1 position.

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Good luck against Tamira. I think it will be a night match.

Dexter
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Just confirmed, night match indeed. 1.30 CET.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Just confirmed, night match indeed. 1.30 CET.

Damn, that won't be much sleep then.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:07 AM
ajde ana!!!! come on one match at a time!!! win this title!!!

DownTheLine21
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:18 AM
I'm not trying to jinx anything, but I don't think Paszek should be too much trouble. I'll be able to see the match on TTC, so I'll be sure to provide updates as it's going on.

Nikkiri
Jul 31st, 2008, 08:23 AM
A little bit about the thumb injury.

"It wasn't the best match I played," said the player who sits atop the women's rankings. "It was a tough one. She played a match here before (and) for me, it was the first match since Wimbledon. So, in the beginning I obviously struggled with my rhythm a little bit."

While Ivanovic said she didn't want to make excuses, she has been bothered by a bruised right thumb.

"It's just inflammation that takes time to go away," said Ivanovic. She said the thumb hasn't allowed her to practice as much as she would like but "you know, I'm still very happy I can play."

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Ajde!

azdaja
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
i was out with a friend last night and expected the match would be over by the time i get home. i arrived at 5:0 in the 3rd set and when ana started her meltdown i thought i brought her bad luck :unsure:

ana has played tamira once at tamira's debut on wta in linz. i saw that match. tamira has been having fitness problems lately, but i really don't know what to expect.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ana qulaifies for Doha!!!!! :woohoo:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not trying to jinx anything, but I don't think Paszek should be too much trouble. I'll be able to see the match on TTC, so I'll be sure to provide updates as it's going on.

I also hope the ES player will work again.
Are you also able to record the match? Would be nice to have it.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Ana qulaifies for Doha!!!!! :woohoo:

This is crap! I don't know what they are thinking, but if you make something official then be at least sure that you're right about it.

If:
1. Serena wins the olympics
2. Dementieva reaches the SF of US Open, final in Moscow and QF Tokyo
3. Venus wins Tokyo and a final US Open
4. Sharapova QF US Open and QF Moscow
5. Radwanska wins US Open & Stockholm
6. Jankovic faking injuries
7. Safina wins Moscow, QF Montreal, QF US Open & a 2nd Round in Zurich
8. Sveta SF US Open, wins Montreal & SF Beijing

And Ana won't win another match, she can say bye bye to Doha.

Of course she will make it, but there are still possibilties that she can go to at least Rank 9.

Dexter
Jul 31st, 2008, 06:16 PM
Don't tell me you spent time actually counting these scenarios? :help:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Don't tell me you spent time actually counting these scenarios? :help:

It was not more than 5 minutes.
Excel does the most work.

SOA_MC
Jul 31st, 2008, 07:28 PM
This is crap! I don't know what they are thinking, but if you make something official then be at least sure that you're right about it.

If:
1. Serena wins the olympics
2. Dementieva reaches the SF of US Open, final in Moscow and QF Tokyo
3. Venus wins Tokyo and a final US Open
4. Sharapova QF US Open and QF Moscow
5. Radwanska wins US Open & Stockholm
6. Jankovic faking injuries
7. Safina wins Moscow, QF Montreal, QF US Open & a 2nd Round in Zurich
8. Sveta SF US Open, wins Montreal & SF Beijing

And Ana won't win another match, she can say bye bye to Doha.

Of course she will make it, but there are still possibilties that she can go to at least Rank 9.

Extra Motivation to beat Paszek tonight:p

Dexter
Jul 31st, 2008, 07:49 PM
It was not more than 5 minutes.
Excel does the most work.Phew. :p

They just said on ES that they're not going to show live tennis tomorrow... So Ana has to make at least SF, so I can watch her. Plus she would probably end up in a night session... :tape: Oh well, let's just hope she wins today for a start.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM
So Ana has to make at least SF, so I can watch her.

A rematch against Safina would be verry interesting. Safina has really taken a step in her career, like Ana last year i feel.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2008, 09:28 PM
like Ana last year i feel.

Berlin & LA win, RG final. Who did that in 2007 ;)

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Is there really no livestream? I wanna see her and not be stuck with this stupid scoreboard again!

Dexter
Jul 31st, 2008, 10:51 PM
Me neither. It was soo annoying yesterday. :rolleyes:

DownTheLine21
Jul 31st, 2008, 11:07 PM
The match will be covered by the Tennis Channel. If you don't have access to that, I fear that the scoreboard is your only option.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Me neither. It was soo annoying yesterday. :rolleyes:

I even stuck around for Masha's match! This was one loooooong night for me...

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:35 AM
Awful.:help: See ya in Beijing Ana.

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:38 AM
Onto Olympics...

dybbuk
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM
Good riddance to this No.l ranking. It's brought nothing good. Jelena can have it as far as I'm concerned.

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM
There is really nothing to say. Ana played very well in the second set, but, aside from that short period, she played terrible tennis. The confidence in her forehand and serve was completely missing.

Hopefully this thumb injury heals quickly. I'm not making any excuses, but it has kept her from practicing recently.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her lose the No. 1 ranking. Perhaps it would calm her down and reinvigorate her to compete.

Nikkiri
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:48 AM
:o :sad: :crying2:

No words.

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:51 AM
Most of our comments mirror our thoughts during the Berlin/Rome period. Perhaps history will repeat itself. Olympic Gold Medal or USO Title?

SOA_MC
Aug 1st, 2008, 01:57 AM
Most of our comments mirror our thoughts during the Berlin/Rome period. Perhaps history will repeat itself. Olympic Gold Medal or USO Title?

I said that during the round 1 match when Ana comes back after a extended break she always come back sloppy see Hong Kong/Berlin

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:03 AM
What's the official status on the #1 ranking;is it actually lost or are folks just pessimistic about the outlook?Honestly,I've been a little harsh in questioning Ana's focus,but it would've been nice to see her stay on top last longer than one of those quick,Clijsters sprints.She WAS the 1st one to qualify for YEC(barring I.F.'s nightmare scenario),and she IS only 20--she got to the top faster than Henin did if I'm not mistaken(by a few months)--so maybe the big picture doesn't look so bad for Ana.:)

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:05 AM
No. Ana is still No. 1 for the moment. Jankovic has to make the final (i.e. win two more matches) to ascend to the top spot.

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:11 AM
No. Ana is still No. 1 for the moment. Jankovic has to make the final (i.e. win two more matches) to ascend to the top spot.Thanks for the info,DTL21;I'll assume by your comments that Kuzy is out of reach even if she wins the final.Will the Olympics pose any risk to losing #1 if Ana manages to retain after Montreal?

Talita Kumi
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:11 AM
WTF :( a nightmare, poor Anita :o:sad:

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:13 AM
That toilet break Tamira took messed her up :o Because she was in such a nice groove in the 2nd set, what a shame :(

Anyway, better here than in Beijing/USO, and Cp6uja did predict this and everything he says seems to come true so no need to panic :lol:

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:15 AM
A Year in Review:

Sydney - SF
Australian Open - F
Doha - 3R
Dubai - QF
Indian Wells - W
Miami - 3R
Berlin - SF
Rome - 2R
Roland Garros - W
Wimbledon - 3R
Montreal - 3R

Ana has so little to defend until the end of the year, so hopefully she can round out her season with some stronger results.

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:17 AM
A Year in Review:

Sydney - SF
Australian Open - F
Doha - 3R
Dubai - QF
Indian Wells - W
Miami - 3R
Berlin - SF
Rome - 2R
Roland Garros - W
Wimbledon - 3R
Montreal - 3R

S-T-R-E-A-K-Y! :lol:

Also, Berlin was SF :p

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:19 AM
Until Miami, she was playing pretty consistent tennis. That 3R exit in Doha was only due to her withdrawal (because of the injury). However, after that, RG has been the only bright spot. And even though she reached the SF in Berlin, that tournament was nothing to be proud of.

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:26 AM
She's handling this loss well in the interviews etc. Not really making excuses, butat least she can blame it on something. Ana without FH just can't win matches.
There's time to heal this injury... let's hope for the best now.

azdaja
Aug 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
No. Ana is still No. 1 for the moment. Jankovic has to make the final (i.e. win two more matches) to ascend to the top spot.
jj will be nr 1 on 11th of august regardless of how far she gets here. i guess then the question of who is the weakest nr 1 ever will be answered forever :p

i had a bad feeling about this match from the beginning (from ana's perspective - i like tamira too). i just hope her thumb will be ok for the olympic games.

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
jj will be nr 1 on 11th of august regardless of how far she gets here. i guess then the question of who is the weakest nr 1 ever will be answered forever :p

i had a bad feeling about this match from the beginning (from ana's perspective - i like tamira too). i just hope her thumb will be ok for the olympic games.

I can only imagine what the GM will be like if Jankovic loses to Cibulkova today and then ascends to the No. 1 spot.

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
I can only imagine what the GM will be like if Jankovic loses to Cibulkova today and then ascends to the No. 1 spot.:tape:
It's gonna be a laughing riot! :lol::tape:

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Even the(INTELLIGENT,KNOWLEDGEABLE) fans who don't like Ana are honest enough to acknowledge her #1-caliber talent,but isn't it time for us to quit being OVER-protective and admit that Ana's MENTAL game isn't where it should be---ESPECIALLY for someone with sights on the top???

I'm thinking of two Martinas now...first Hingis,and how she seemed more poised at 16 than Ana does at 20.Yeah,yeah,yeah...everyone hates it when players get compared:rolleyes:,but this illustration is to show that many of Ana's losses are COMPLETELY preventable.Someone posted that Ana got psyched out and thrown off her game when Paszek took an extended bathroom break.That's NOT how it's supposed to work:the champion uses clever tactics to intimidate the up-and-coming unseasoned teenager;you DON'T expect a 94th-ranked 17-year-old to rattle the world's number one with mind games.:rolleyes: I get the sense that Ana might play poorly if she misplaced her favorite stuffed animal prior to a match.

....and that leads to the OTHER Martina,Navratilova.I remember when I was a kid how the announcers talked about her intensity and preparation,and how she would mentally defeat her opponents during,or even BEFORE,the match.Navrat wouldn't need to be Ana's coach per se,but she COULD serve as an adviser of sorts.She still loves the sport and she'd probably be flattered if Ana's team approached her.NO,we're NOT trying to turn Ana into a Navrat clone;however,this older gal could surely offer Ana LOTS of strong,useful advice on the mental aspects of being a champion.Ana would be a TRULY dominant champion if she overcame her glaring weaknesses in the cerebral game.

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Good riddance to this No.l ranking. It's brought nothing good. Jelena can have it as far as I'm concerned.Not yet. :lol::tape:
But she'll use it the week after for sure... Still 8 looks better than 7 in the stats for holders of #1.

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Not yet. :lol::tape:
But she'll use it the week after for sure... Still 8 looks better than 7 in the stats for holders of #1.

Next week is her 9th week :D

Also, can't Sveta take #1 if she wins Montreal on Aug 11th? :confused:

Princeza
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Very disappointing again.
I don't really care if she loses her N1 spot, top 3 is so close but with Masha out for a long time i guess Ana and Jeca will often switch places in the future months and we should get used to the "war".

doni1212
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:30 PM
I can only imagine what the GM will be like if Jankovic loses to Cibulkova today and then ascends to the No. 1 spot.

Look what happened, :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
Look what happened, :lol:

haha but i wasn`t expecting this:lol::lol:
thank you Jelena

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cibulkova played some amazing tennis today. I'm so glad that she won.

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Next week is her 9th week :D

Also, can't Sveta take #1 if she wins Montreal on Aug 11th? :confused:Yes she can, but I'm almost sure Dinara will win Montreal. Nobody plays better tennis than her atm.

DownTheLine21
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
I agree. I'm predicting a Cibulkova/Safina final, with Safina taking the title.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 1st, 2008, 11:32 PM
I agree. I'm predicting a Cibulkova/Safina final, with Safina taking the title.

I would love to see that! But Sveta is dangerous :scared:

DownTheLine21
Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:08 AM
So JJ will officially take over the No. 1 ranking on August 11th.

I say let her have it. It has brought nothing but misery and bad luck in the last nine weeks.

bruce goose
Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
So JJ will officially take over the No. 1 ranking on August 11th.

I say let her have it. It has brought nothing but misery and bad luck in the last nine weeks.Got to disagree with you slightly;I don't think that "luck" has ANYthing to do with it.As for misery,Ana brought THAT on herself.If she can't handle the responsibility and pressure of being #1,then she might as well follow Kournikova in the tennis-as-diversion routine in between pin-up modelling gigs.

It was heart-warming to see her reception in Serbia,and there was a cool symbolism to the pics with her and Henin together after the win in RG.......but Ana MUST decide at some point if she's content with being a transitional #1 who takes over temporarily while better players are injured or briefly slumping.......or if she wants to be a champion who leaves an indelible mark.Her mental game has to,HAS to,FREAKIN' HAS TO improve!Good luck in Asia,Ana.

DownTheLine21
Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
I just meant "bad luck" in the sense of the thumb injury. Of course her mental game has to improve, although the inability to hit a clean forehand is probably impeding her "belief."

bruce goose
Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
I just meant "bad luck" in the sense of the thumb injury. Of course her mental game has to improve, although the inability to hit a clean forehand is probably impeding her "belief."Understatement of the year coming up:I'm no doctor.......but the thumb didn't seem like such a life-threatening injury when she beat the tough Kvitova(who knocked VENUS out in the 1st round in Memphis),or when she dominated the 2nd set against Paszek.Sure,it had to have SOME impact;it's just not wise for her to use the thumb to cover up more pertinent,potentially-long-term problems.

DownTheLine21
Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Understatement of the year coming up:I'm no doctor.......but the thumb didn't seem like such a life-threatening injury when she beat the tough Kvitova(who knocked VENUS out in the 1st round in Memphis),or when she dominated the 2nd set against Paszek.Sure,it had to have SOME impact;it's just not wise for her to use the thumb to cover up more pertinent,potentially-long-term problems.

Yes. It didn't seem like a problem, but Ana rarely (i.e. never) makes excuses, so I'm sure it did affect her. She seemed really worried about it in the press conference (worried enough to defer her trip to Beijing to instead return to Europe to visit a doctor). However, I can't argue against the fact that other mental problems are in play as well.

bruce goose
Aug 2nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Yes. It didn't seem like a problem, but Ana rarely (i.e. never) makes excuses, so I'm sure it did affect her. She seemed really worried about it in the press conference (worried enough to defer her trip to Beijing to instead return to Europe to visit a doctor). However, I can't argue against the fact that other mental problems are in play as well.Well,perhaps you're right on that one;however,health doesn't explain her disturbing trend of playing at ITF level whenever she won her previous tournament---OR is a tourney's defending champ.This seems to signify an inability to deal with the expectations of winning.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Lord this is the equivalent of the black plague now that she is #1...come on ana :sobbing:

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yes. It didn't seem like a problem, but Ana rarely (i.e. never) makes excuses, so I'm sure it did affect her. She seemed really worried about it in the press conference (worried enough to defer her trip to Beijing to instead return to Europe to visit a doctor). However, I can't argue against the fact that other mental problems are in play as well.Thought about your previous 'bad luck' comment,DTL21,so here's one for you:ever since her little fling with 'Rafa',Ana has: 1.Lost decisively to a player ranked outside the Top 90 for the 2nd straight tourney;2.Gotten injured to the point where it affects her play;and 3.Said goodbye to her #1 ranking.Coincidence???

Some folks pro'bly thought there would be some cheesy romantic symmetry to Ana and Nadal being ranked #1 together---even for one week.However,the effeminate pretty boy got his teeth kicked in today by a REAL man who has tough Slavic blood running through his veins,Mr.Djokovic....So this confluence simply WILL NOT happen.Is this a sign that Ana's better off with some 'home cooking' with Novak?;) I'll let YOU consider that one cuz I'm the LAST one who should give Ana any relationship advice.:lol:

cocco80
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:42 AM
Some folks pro'bly thought there would be some cheesy romantic symmetry to Ana and Nadal being ranked #1 together---even for one week.However,the effeminate pretty boy got his teeth kicked in today by a REAL man who has tough Slavic blood running through his veins,Mr.Djokovic....So this confluence simply WILL NOT happen.Is this a sign that Ana's better off with some 'home cooking' with Novak?;) I'll let YOU consider that one cuz I'm the LAST one who should give Ana any relationship advice.:lol:

You watch way too many telenovelas. :lol:

but I enjoyed reading your post. So romantic..2 guys fighting over a girl. :cool:

SOA_MC
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
You mean the same "real man" Rafa killed at the French the same "real man" who lost 2nd at Wimbledon:rolleyes:

Seriously stop with your Rafa and Ana shit it's annoying

cocco80
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
You mean the same "real man" Rafa killed at the French the same "real man" who lost 2nd at Wimbledon:rolleyes:

Pls don't bash Novak. This is not MTF. I don't have to put up with this shit on ANa's forum as well.

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
You watch way too many telenovelas. :lol:

but I enjoyed reading your post. So romantic..2 guys fighting over a girl. :cool:Score one for the home team,Serbia,huh?;) If you're gonna fight over a gal,she sure better be worthwhile.Most would agree that Ana's worth it.:)

cocco80
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
Score one for the home team,Serbia,huh?;) If you're gonna fight over a gal,she sure better be worthwhile.Most would agree that Ana's worth it.:)

she has to like both in order to be fun for her. :cool:

P.s. the fun part is there is nothing going on between Ana and Novak, or Ana and Rafa for that matter. They both have GF's. Ana has to find someone else. :lol:

Nikkiri
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:13 AM

Agreed he even took the Rafa/Ana crap to Makiri's picture thread. :rolleyes:

SOA_MC
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Pls don't bash Novak. This is not MTF. I don't have to put up with this shit on ANa's forum as well.

I wasn't bashing Novak but Bruce Goose with his Rafa and Ana posts are giving me the shits

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
she has to like both in order to be fun for her. :cool:

P.s. the fun part is there is nothing going on between Ana and Novak, or Ana and Rafa for that matter. They both have GF's. Ana has to find someone else. :lol:Yeah,I was just joking about that stuff cuz everybody knows that these relationships,sadly,are usually VERY superficial.However,Ana seems like such a sweet girl that I hope she finds someone devoted and slightly dull than a guy who's flashy and phony.

A-RAD:The French Open was MONTHS ago;Novak stomped a MUD-HOLE in his ass today with #1 on the line---and THEN took his lunch money!!:lol::lol::lol:

...and Nikkie:I already apologized for that and explained that I'd been going through a hard time,so show me some mercy,okay?:help:

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I wasn't bashing Novak but Bruce Goose with his Rafa and Ana posts are giving me the shitsThat was the LAST one,I promise.:angel:

cocco80
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
I wasn't bashing Novak but Bruce Goose with his Rafa and Ana posts are giving me the shits

well he's not being serious. we're just joking around. these posts can be deleted afterwards. :)

sorry about my Novak comment. Maybe I was too hasty.
(I like both nole and rafa btw.)

SOA_MC
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
That was the LAST one,I promise.:angel:

Good -- Sorry if I was to mean in my post

well he's not being serious. we're just joking around. these posts can be deleted afterwards. :)

sorry about my Novak comment. Maybe I was too hasty.
(I like both nole and rafa btw.)

No problem:hug:

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Good -- Sorry if I was to mean in my post

Think nothing of it;that's what I love about you Aussies--you speak your minds.:)

dybbuk
Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Seriously, Bruce, weren't you in Kirilenko's forum calling Ana delusional for trying to "get" Nadal? :o

Found it, you deleted it. I can't imagine a real fan would make a post insulting Ana like that in the first place though.

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Found it, you deleted it. I can't imagine a real fan would make a post insulting Ana like that in the first place though.I admitted I was wrong and I even EXPLAINED that I hadn't been in my right mind due to health-related factors.......Are you Jesus Christ,'Alex',God's flawless Divine Messenger?Why don't we put YOUR entire life under a microscope and judge everything??:rolleyes:

dybbuk
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
I admitted I was wrong and I even EXPLAINED that I hadn't been in my right mind due to health-related factors.......Are you Jesus Christ,'Alex',God's flawless Divine Messenger?Why don't we put YOUR entire life under a microscope and judge everything??:rolleyes:

Hardly, but I know a real fan would never say that, and I know when I'm reading BS.

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hardly, but I know a real fan would never say that, and I know when I'm reading BS.You don't know a G-DAMNED thing,pansy-ass!!! ...and 'hardly' is a HUGE understatement.You have NO idea the HELL I've gone through following my car accident.If you can't even handle a couple misguided coarse words,then you SURE AS HECK wouldn't have survived what I have

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Time for a couple more hours sleep after foolishly watching the Stockholm final to see if Dushevina could win her first title(keep fighting,'Bepa').

For the 99% of you Ana fans who have a modicum of common sense,you realize that I wasn't facing ANY consequences for the aforementioned,misguided post;therefore,it would serve NO purpose whatsoever for me to apologize if I WEREN'T truly sorry.

One parting,pre-slumber question:can a good Olympics performance benefit Ana's WTA or YEC positioning in any way?Given the minuscule gap between her and Jelena,perhaps she could re-gain #1 during the Olympics in the same glorious fashion that she first won it at RG.

Yasmine
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Mod note:

Please stay on topic, and feel free to use your ignore list for posters you don't like.

DownTheLine21
Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
LOL! So...the Olympics.

doni1212
Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
You have to stay on topic in the player's forums?!!!

Yasmine
Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Well indeed you may talk about whatever you want, but I didn't think that the conversation above was appropriate. Some posters can just sort their issues in private without ruining the atmosphere here. Which is why I deleted them and suggested people to come back to the original topic.

:wavey:

Doni ref to your rep: I know you didn't, I just wanted to explain :)

cocco80
Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think we can sort these kind of stuff by ourselves. Mod interference can just cause more trouble as it appears to be a bigger deal than it really is.

I think it's only fair. It's not GM.

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Rumours increasing that she won't play OG :scared: Please at least try Ana :awww:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Rumours increasing that she won't play OG :scared: Please at least try Ana :awww:

I read so too, but until she says herself she won't play we should stay calm. When I read it the first time my stomach dropped but some in GM say that this newspaper is not the "most reliable source ever" so there is a chance that it's not all true they write!
So no need to worry... yet

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
This is outrageous, my two biggest faves are injury doubts :help:

jelenacg
Aug 4th, 2008, 12:16 AM
i really hope that is not true,Press newspaper is not reliable source

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 4th, 2008, 01:19 AM
She waited until the last second to play in Dubai, so it will probably be the same here..unless she has to commit by a certain time?:confused: Ankle seemed more concerning, but to be honest i dont really understand the thumb injury. Plus..that was tier II Dubai!! This is Olympics! Im betting she plays.

DownTheLine21
Aug 4th, 2008, 04:26 AM

Aside from her interview (and that thread in the GM), were additional articles or interviews published?

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 4th, 2008, 04:59 AM
^Nothing official. Just speculation and rumors , and illogical ones at that.
Her website even says "Though it is unlikely that she will be able to train for a week, her participation in the Olympics does not look to be in jeopardy at this stage."
Also, in February it said: "We regret that we were prevented from publishing the news due to Sony Ericsson WTA Tour rules, which dictated that Ana must not publicly announce her withdrawal until she had filled in the necessary paperwork and attended a press conference – doing otherwise could have resulted in a fine of up to $6,000."
If an official withdrawl is made, safe to say it will be known.

jelenacg
Aug 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
she is playing Olympics,i heard it on the news

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 5th, 2008, 01:12 AM
gold silver bronze for me :drool:

SOA_MC
Aug 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ana arriving in Beijing

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/5_8399419_1.jpg

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/5_8399419_2.jpg

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/5_8399425_1.jpg

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/5_8399425_2.jpg

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
She doesn't have a bandage on her thump anymore (you can see it in some other pics)!!!
That's good for her forehand and her confidence :bounce:
Now she should be ready to get a medal! :cool:

Dexter
Aug 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'm praying she's 100% alright when the Games get underway. Get'em Ana!

bad_angel_109
Aug 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Just saw a lil' snippet of Ana talking about the Olympics on the news just a couple of mins ago. So funny, she got mobbed and there were heaps of microphones being shoved in her face. Ana's so modest :angel:

Just Do It
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ajde :banana:

Princeza
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ajde Serbia :rocker2:

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I'm a bit worried about Ana's thumb. Taking a look at the pictures, I tought it was better, since she didn't have any bandages on. But in her latest diary entry, from today, she says that it's still painful and she can't practice properly. She has only 3 days now.. Hope it heals soon.. and she is able to perform well.

What a bad luck.. having an injury at such important part of the season with Olympics and US Open so close.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 7th, 2008, 05:29 AM
1st Round Koryttseva
2nd Golovin or Safarova
3R Bammer, Schnyder
QF Zvonareva, Aga
SF Serena
Final Venus

First rounds shouldn't be all that tough, but alone if she's 100%.

AJDE ANA!!!!

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 7th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I hope she will be back to her RG form! I wanna see her winning convincingly again... The semi against Serena could become an epic match (at least that's what I hope)

Ajde Ana!

Dexter
Aug 7th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I'm not too hopefull with this draw... Aga vs Ana in the potential QF... I wanted both to get a medal. :sad:

dybbuk
Aug 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I like it. If her thumb is alright and she can hit her forehand like usual, she should make the semifinal fairly comfortably I think.

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
The brazilian press is drooling over Ana. This article is in yesterday's edition of one of the most important newspapers of Brazil. And also yesterday, they showed on the most important news telecast Ana's arrival, saying how beautiful, nice she is and that she is the number 1 tennis player of the world.

Ivanovic is elected as the muse of the Olympic Village, in beauty and sympathy

The 20 year-old serbian tennis player has caused uproar in the complex of tennis in Beijing, took pictures and distributed autographs

Eduardo Maluf - O Estado de S. Paulo

BEIJING - Ana Ivanovic is, until the next Monday, the leader of the WTA rankings. And, until the end of the Olympics, the number 1 in preference of athletes in Beijing. Brunette, green eyes, and black hair, 1.85 meters tall and 69 kilograms, smile always present, the Serb is the main attraction of the Olympic Village among men.

The village brings together a festival of beautiful women from Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, Brazil. But Ivanovic is insurmountable, say colleagues of the Olympics. In the early afternoon of Wednesday, one member of the Brazilian delegation appeared excited in the international area of the village, and proud, spoke to journalists: "Ivanovic is beautiful, she appeared at lunch, walked by close to us and stopped the restaurant."

A little later, the 20 year old beauty was at the number 1 court of the tennis complex in Beijing and caused uproar. Distributed autographs and took photos with everyone who approached her, gently - quite different from Spanish Rafael Nadal, who has gained the gold medal in antipathy.

At 16 hours, after training, went to the gym, where she ran for more than half an hour. From the outside, a battalion of chinese volunteers watched her. All, of course, wanted to see her. The tennis player's staff had to ask for privacy, that big was the size of the harassment.

On arrival in China, on Tuesday, Ivanovic stole the scene at Beijing International Airport.

Flashes from all sides pointed to the tennis player. Even tired, she did pose, joked and talked about the Games. "Play in Olympics is something that all athletes have the dream of doing." At the Olympic Village, despite sharing the space with great athletes, she is one of the main stars, if not the main, required for photos and autographs.

Draws attention of athletes from around the world.

"All sports and all countries have beautiful women, but as beautiful as Ivanovic, it is difficult," said Vasile Danilov, swimmer from Kyrgyzstan. "She is a phenomenon, by far the most beautiful here," added Carlos Chiu, of the Mexican delegation.

Her presence in tournaments today, attracts public. Not by chance, Ana has received numerous proposals for major international brands to do business, photoshoots and advertising. In recent months, she was the cover of several major magazines of the world such as "Sports Illustrated". In Beijing, all her matches will receive maximum capacity, bet the organizers.

In addition to beautiful, Ivanovic is talented and at the same time charismatic. Appeared well back in 2007, butit was this year that turned her into a celebrity, with the title of Roland Garros and reching runner-up at Australian Open. In her curriculum, there are seven titles and nearly $ 6 million in prize money. If she can find a way to deal with the harassment and the charms of fame, ensure the experts, her bank account and the Chamber of trophies will certainly increase.

http://www.estadao.com.br/esportes/pequim2008/not_esp218771,0.shtm

And here the vídeo I talked about:

http://jornalnacional.globo.com/Telejornais/JN/0,,MUL713175-10406,00-O+MOVIMENTADO+DESEMBARQUE+DE+ATLETAS+EM+PEQUIM.htm l

rcirani
Aug 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
1st Round Koryttseva
2nd Golovin or Safarova
3R Bammer, Schnyder
QF Zvonareva, Aga
SF Serena
Final Venus

First rounds shouldn't be all that tough, but alone if she's 100%.

AJDE ANA!!!!

Hopefully Serena and Venus won't get as far as you predict!

The draw depends on Ana's thumb. If she's still feeling it Koryttseva will be tough. If not she should make QFs at least. Good luck though!:)

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
WOW!What a testimony by Gaviotabr!!!:D...I've made mistakes but a couple drag queens got mad at me for SUPERFICIAL reasons.Apparently,'Rafa' reminds them of their favorite guy at the male strip club.:rolleyes: Gaviotabr's post shows him for who he really is

....BUT ON TO THE POSITIVES!!!!!:D Ana has distinguished herself not only as the most remarkable TENNIS PLAYER,but the most charming athlete OVERALL!This helps to dispel any doubts we may have had that our personal bias in Ana's favor was clouding our judgment.As it's said,A picture's worth a thousand words...and it's obvious how enrapt the Chinese spectators are with Ana.No offense against Na Li,Zheng or any other Chinese stars;Beijing just doesn't get THIS sort of special beauty too often.

The early part of Ana's draw is highly do-able but a gold medal might be difficult with both Williams sisters in the draw.Serena and Venus are EXCELLENT in Fed Cup and really push themselves in the patriotic events.If Ana DOES take the gold in this strong,daunting draw,then her acclaim will be SUPER magnified...understandably and justifiably so....maybe even enough to finally grab Novak's full attention.;)

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
From Ana's website:

Olympics draw
August 07, 2008 / Beijing

Ana's participation in the Olympic Tennis Event remains in doubt due to a persistent thumb injury that has prevented her from practising fully. If the world No.1 recovers in time for the tournament, which begins on Sunday, she will face the Ukraine's Mariya Koryttseva in the first round.

Koryttseva is the current world No.53. A 23-year-old clay court specialist, she reached the final of Palermo last month and beat top 35-ranked players Caroline Wozniacki and Annabel Medina Garrigues.

Ana's potential second round opponent is world No.73 Lucie Safarova, while Patty Schnyder or Sybille Bammer could await in round three.

Agnieszka Radwanska and Vera Zvonareva are possible quarter-final adversaries, while fourth seed Serena Williams is Ana's projected semi-final opponent.

Second seed Jelena Jankovic, No.3 Svetlana Kuznetsova, No.6 Dinara Safina and No.7 Venus Williams are in the bottom half of the draw and cannot play Ana until the final.

Click here for the full draw

I was worried about her diary entry, but she didn't seem to be tkinking about possibily missing the tournament. Now this has me really worried. She has this thumb injury for about 2 weeks now.. it should be better already. I guess she will try everything in order to play.. but how long can she wait to make a final decision?

Danči Dementia
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I like the draw in Ana´s part its good and she can make the semis.....if her thumb is ok :unsure:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM
That thumb is really annoying. If she's not 100%, she can shake it here.
If the pain is still there and she's feeling weak, her timing will be none which leads to tons of errors.
The draw doesn't matter actually.

The Daviator
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
All that stuff on her official site is worrying me :help:

Balltossovic
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Oh Ana get well. I was aching as you were playing Tamira. I hope you feel healthy first and foremost and then KICK ASS :rocker2:

dybbuk
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
All that stuff on her official site is worrying me :help:

It's all confusing. She said she's been hitting, there's been pictures of her doing it and practicing with her little ball, but then she comes back and says she hasn't been able to practice.

Cp6uja
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Only before Roland Garros i'm so optimistic like before this OG in Beijing... but now after latest news about that stupid injury i'm :scared:

Even if her thumb will be OK in last moment, she miss trainings and competetive matches at hardcourts :help:

But somehow i still hope that all will be OK. That injury reflects badly on her biggest weapon, forehand, so we will see already at her first match against MaFia Korrytseva is problems with her right thumb on same level like in Montreal.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Ana :hug: Get well, soon!
It would be such a f**king nightmare if Ana couldn't participate :sobbing:
I hope she has a better medical team than Masha and they will find out how to cure her thump ASAP!:o

One after another all my favs get hurt this year :crying2:... this is not how I hoped this year would be! :sad:

Please, does anybody have any positive news?

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Ana would probably be cautious even with a Grand Slam event--let's hope so at least--by getting adequate rest.My BIGGEST concern is that she's putting too much pressure on her shoulders to represent Serbia because it's the Olympics(I'm not saying that Serbia doesn't deserve Olympic glory,either).As special as this event is,Ana is young enough that she could probably still participate in the 2012 Games if she's not healthy for these....Let's hope that she's getting,AND listening to,sound advice.

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Please, does anybody have any positive news?Ana is STILL lovely and she has captured the hearts of even the NON-tennis international media...as well as visitors to the Games.:)

doni1212
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I really hope her thumb gets better!!!! :yeah:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 8th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Ana is STILL lovely and she has captured the hearts of even the NON-tennis international media...as well as visitors to the Games.:)

Thank you :hug:

:hearts: And you're right! Ana is lovely:hearts:

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2008, 02:32 AM
It's all confusing. She said she's been hitting, there's been pictures of her doing it and practicing with her little ball, but then she comes back and says she hasn't been able to practice.

I am thinking she had a practice wednesday and felt pain in the thumb again. There is no pictures of her praticing on thursday, so I guess she didn't. Lets see if she practices friday. I suppose she will only play if she is able to practice until saturday without pain. :sad:

DownTheLine21
Aug 8th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Hmm...The draw looks really good if she's 100%. I don't think the thumb injury is going to go away by the start date, but, if it does, I definitely see Ana winning a medal this year.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Ana had the biggest smile of anyone at the ceremony.:D Good luck girl, ajde!!

Cp6uja
Aug 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
According to REUTERS (http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKL934131220080809) Ana tells today reporters one charming story about her and Djokovic from past, dont want to comment her 1st round opponent Korrytseva b/c never plays before AND NOT MENTOUNED POSSYBILITY TO WITHDRAWS FROM OG!

Something good for start :p...

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
According to REUTERS (http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKL934131220080809) Ana tells today reporters one charming story about her and Djokovic from past, dont want to comment her 1st round opponent Korrytseva b/c never plays before AND NOT MENTOUNED POSSYBILITY TO WITHDRAWS FROM OG!

Something good for start :p...:D GREAT STORY,Cp6uja!!!:yeah:

The Daviator
Aug 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Injury update: Ana reacted well to osteopathic treatment on Saturday. The strength has been restored in her right thumb and much of the pain has been alleviated. A decision as to her participation will be made after practice on Sunday. Her first round match against Mariya Koryttseva is scheduled to take place on Monday.

:D

Still don't like the part about a decision having to be made though :help:

DownTheLine21
Aug 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
It sounds like the worst of this over. I'm so glad to hear that the pain has gone away. The gold medal awaits!

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I just read this and now I'm way more positive about her performance in Beijing! I'm glad to know that her docs treatment in working. Now she can go on and get the GOLD!!!

DownTheLine21
Aug 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
This would be the perfect opportunity in her career to prove the doubters wrong. I'd love to see her take the Gold Medal and then go on to win the USO as well.

Ok. Done dreaming.

Dexter
Aug 9th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I can't see her pulling out... It's just impossible.

doni1212
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Yay!!! Keep healing that thumb Ana!

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Got this from GM

itzhak
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...on/7551996.stm

quote:

1240: Bad news fellas. Top seed and world number two Ana Ivanovic has pulled out of the tennis with an unspecified injury. Nightmare for Serbia. World number one Jelena Jankovic is already a big doubt.

This can't be true :bigcry:

Nikkiri
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I can't see her pulling out... It's just impossible.

sadly not. :sad:

Dexter
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
:sad:
We have to accept it and believe that it was the best decision for her. I'm sure it is.if she sucks at us open i'm supersticiously starting the thread about ana in australia 2009 :pPlease do.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ivanovic is out
The battle for the women’s singles has been thrown wide open by the withdrawal of the French Open champion and top seed, Ana Ivanovic.

Ivanovic has a pain at the joint between the thumb and forefinger of her right hand. She first felt it when she practised after Wimbledon, and it has been getting worse in the weeks since. She says its refusal to respond to treatment means she may have to have it immobilised – her Australian doctor Grant Brent says this may mean a plaster cast – but she says it is too early for her to think of withdrawing from the US Open which begins a fortnight from now.

The Olympic women’s singles was already without a clear favourite, after the withdrawal of Maria Sharapova last month and the retirement of Justine Henin in May. Now without this week’s world No 1, it seems very much up for grabs, with the favourites now Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Svetlana Kuznetsova and the coming week’s new world No 1 Jelena Jankovic.

http://www.itftennis.com/olympics/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=19105

I'm really worried.

Princeza
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
This tennis Olympics sucks before they even started :rolleyes:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
DAMN! Such a stupid injury is taking for weeks now.
First Montreal was wasted and now Olympics.
For sure it should be the best decision, but it's very frustrated.
Now get that damn thumb fixed for US Open, cause it's making me angry.

Of course Jelena will play, she complains WAY more than Ana and eventually she still plays.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm really sad.. is this normal? :sad:

Does anyone remember some interview at the beginning of the year, when Ana said if she could win a Grand Slam and reach the Olympics final, it would have been a good year? aiss :sad:

And maybe it would be better to have it imobilized already...

MagicMilan
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I already hate this olympics :(

Nikkiri
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm really sad.. is this normal? :sad:

Does anyone remember some interview at the beginning of the year, when Ana said if she could win a Grand Slam and reach the Olympics final, it would have been a good year? aiss :sad:

And maybe it would be better to have it imobilized already...

I'm really upset too. :sad: :hug:

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
This tennis Olympics sucks before they even started :rolleyes:Despite her reduced ranking,Davenport is still a tennis legend for this era.FIRST Lindsay,and now the world's top 2 players...I feel sorry for :hearts:Ana:hearts: AND Jelena AND Serbia(especially Ana).The Olympics has suddenly turned into a Tier SIX event:sad:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3628/placzanaqu0.jpg

Oh Ana..:sad:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I already hate this olympics :(

Olympics? Which olympics?
I'm gonna follow Maria in Cincinnati. :bounce:

Kampi
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I feel really sorry for Ana. This sucks BIG and everybody is able to see the sadness in her eyes.:sad: Get well soon.:hug:

The Daviator
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:34 PM
:bigcry:

I knew that bit about a decision needing to be made was bad news :sad: These Olympics suck, I hope Maret Ani wins Gold.

Dexter
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I took it easy until I saw that picture...

Dexter
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I feel really sorry for Ana. This sucks BIG and everybody is able to see the sadness in her eyes.:sad: Get well soon.:hug:Once again you show class (and it wasn't even necessary to post here), whilst some your fellow JJ fans without giving names look like sad excuses for human beings. Not the first time and not the last time I guess... *sigh*

Nikkiri
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Once again you show class (and it wasn't even necessary to post here), whilst some your fellow JJ fans without giving names look like sad excuses for human beings. Not the first time and not the last time I guess... *sigh*

I agree, thanks Kampi. :hug:

MagicMilan
Aug 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I've just seen the interview she gave RTS, she looks very disappointed but not as bad as on the picture. Get well Ana :hug: