PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to Daniela fans

starr
Aug 12th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been a fan of Daniela's since March 2001. I had seen her name in qualie draws and small tournaments, but I hadn't really paid attention to her particularly. She was just another one of the many "ovas" The only thing special about her was that she had kind of a funny name that reminded me of the Hanta Virus.

Then I saw her in the qualies in Indian Wells! First, I loved her look. I liked the way she walked and comported herself on the court. She had style! (I mean, you either have it or you don't and she had buckets of it.) Then I loved her forehand. So many girls these days have great backhands and shaky forehands, but she was hitting deep and off the lines. I also loved the penetration of her shots and the ease of her stroke production. I watched both of her qualie matches, and then... boo hooo.... she lost miserably to Kuti Kis the first round of the main draw. Kuti Kis made her look slow and ordinary. I don't know if it was nerves or what.

But then I started following her results. She was seeming to steadily improve. There wasn't a lot of news about her and I wasn't obcessed about her. I still had my top faves.... Martina and Ai.. to follow.

And then this year in Indian Wells, I realized that I was a hopeless fan. I just love to watch her and I am sooooooooo nervous when she plays. But every match at Indian Wells was just spectacular. The balls seemed to skid off the lines all the time. She made good players look ordinary... her difficulties came with lesser players... like Gagliardi. I almost died from nerves in that match. Daniela was so nervous too. She bounced the ball soooo many times before serving. And then she just dominated in the final. She was so cool and composed. She bounced the ball four times every time.

By the way guys, I learned that was the way to tell if Daniela was nervous. When she bounces the ball four times, she is usually just fine. But when it goes six.... or eight! then watch out. Eight is really bad! Maybe she will stop this habit. But that's what I and others in the stands noticed.

I'm almost sorry she's getting to be a star, because I loved being one of the few going to her matches. I made some friends at the tournament because we were always the ones there at her matches from 2001 and through 2002.

Anyway, now I'm gonna post my Daniela news here and I hope this cocktail party becomes big and noisy!!

adlysha babalu
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:59 AM
yeahh..make the daniela site..noisy and fun!!! keep posting!!
:)

EVAspeed
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:06 AM
ah... so you're an old dani fan too... nice to meet ya...

adlysha babalu
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:03 AM
helloo there..
wondering who's in-charge with this the cocktail party site..
the colour is really bad!! hope can change it to a better colour..
:)

starr
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Yeah....... I was wondering about that myself.

Irish
Aug 15th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Hello Starr :wavey:

Maybe we can ask Kournikovafan13, who is the moderator.:D

kournikovafan13
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Sorry guys that I didn't see this thread earlier cause I just got back from vacation so I haven't been on very much in the past two months.

Sure, I can ask Amanda to change the color, I actually had nothing to do with it turning red lol, just tell me what color u would like and I'll create a poll later:wavey:

And a late welcome to starr:o:):wavey:

starr
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:14 PM
lavender, blue, gray... preferably not black... but that's just me.

kournikovafan13
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Oh I forgot to mention...it has to be two colors. (like this is red and pink)