PDA

View Full Version : I love the Wimbledon trophy

AlwaysGraf
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
it has to be one of the most beautiful trophies in the world-more recognisable than the mens
actually if i ever won the mens tournament, i think id ask for the ladies trophy-show some love for the big plate :)

Dave.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
it has to be one of the most beautiful trophies in the world-more recognisable than the mens
actually if i ever won the mens tournament, i think id ask for the ladies trophy-show some love for the big plate :)

The men's trophy is shameful compared to the women's. Wimbledon and AO are definetely my favourite slam trophies. French is too small and US is :yawn:

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
The men's trophy is shameful compared to the women's. Wimbledon and AO are definetely my favourite slam trophies. French is too small and US is :yawn:

agreed.
but the trophies the players keep, the replicas Wimbledon is the smallest and USO and AO are biggest

kwilliams
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
It's beautiful alright! Even it's name is beautiful...the Venus Rosewater dish.

The AO and USO trophies look quite similar to me. A cup is a cup, although the French one is a coupe...a little better.

lympyisthebest
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
All the GS, bar USO have beautiful trophies, i just wished they gave bigger replicas to the winners, cos the tiny replicas the winners get are ridiculous. :(

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
The Eastbourne trophy looks good. And Queens for the men

InsideOut.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
It's beautiful alright! Even it's name is beautiful...the Venus Rosewater dish.

The AO and USO trophies look quite similar to me. A cup is a cup, although the French one is a coupe...a little better.

And I suppose it's even more beautiful that Venus wins the Venus Rosewater Dish so often, right? ;)

Dave.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
It's almost meant to be won by Venus :p

Zébulon
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Love the big plate. :worship:
Anyone could post a pic, please ?

jamatthews
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Love the big plate. :worship:
Anyone could post a pic, please ?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/jamatthews/PattyWimbledon.jpg

:hearts:

Dawson.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
the USO trophy is forgettable. its more like a tier 3 trophy. The Wimbledon trophy is like no other, hence why its so special. The AO trophy looks too 'new' - it doesnt seem to have a history just by looking at it

starin
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/jamatthews/PattyWimbledon.jpg

:hearts:

:haha::haha:
It looks like Patty has a few dark brown fingers mixed in there.

:worship: Go Patty!! win Wimbledon.

kris719
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
what's so amazing about it? it's a plate...

esquímaux
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
:haha::haha:
It looks like Patty has a few dark brown fingers mixed in there.

:worship: Go Patty!! win Wimbledon.
:haha: @ "mixed in there" She's a strong girl at the very least. She's crushing the sides like it's made out of aluminum! :eek: