PDA

View Full Version : Agnieszka higjher and higher part III, tbc.

Aryman3
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:11 PM
Agnieszka is now no.11 on the latest WTA rankings and according to TBE she starts her Wimbledon campaign from the 9th position. Six months ago before the start of the season she lacked over 1000 points to the players
ranked about tenth position. After 3 months she stormed to the Top Twenty, and a month later to the first 15.
Reaching Top Ten took her another 2 months. How high she can land after YEC 2008?

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Agnieszka is now no.11 on the latest WTA rankings and according to TBE she starts her Wimbledon campaign from the 9th position. Six months ago before the start of the season she lacked over 1000 points to the players
ranked about tenth position. After 3 months she stormed to the Top Twenty, and a month later to the first 15.
Reaching Top Ten took her another 2 months. How high she can land after YEC 2008?

Conservatively I expect Aga to be top 5 by the end of 2009. But it could be sooner than that. Certainly the goal now is the finish the year in the top 8. I think it will be tight but I believe Aga can do it. From there it is only a matter of time before Aga is top 5. As for titles, that is hard to say, I wouldn't say Aga is a dead cert to win at least one Grand Slam singles title in her career but I would say she is odds on. She will certainly rack up a nice collection of Tier I and IIs in her career.

Cp6uja
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
She overtake Zvonareva at #8 YEC place this week - but only for 15pts. She reach 3 titles, probably will reach TOP10 already after Wimbledon, her improvment in many things is obvious and right now she seems like "best deal" in WTA of girls younger than great 1987 generation (she have great juniors career, but she is till this season always in shadow of Vaidisova or Golovin).

But sadly i must to notice one very dangerouos thing about Aga. Only two professional tennis players this season so far played more matches than young Agnieszka (Nadal and Davydenko). She played already 47 matches!!! Only Jankovic, Zvonareva and Kleybanova also played more than 40 matches in whole WTA tour, and nobody else. She must slowdown litle bit if she want to escape some potential very serious troubles already in near future with her body. I think she is not JJ type of player which realy enjoy to compete and travel every week without rest and pause (even against herself interests) - so i think her coach (father) actualy must slowdown in this case and prevent eventual risk. In both last two her matches which i watch she use medicals (today against Petrova and against Jankovic in Paris). Also she MUST to stop play doubles (i think at every tournament where she play singles she played doubles also) especialy if she continue with this "JJ" shedule in singles.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:00 PM
She overtake Zvonareva at #8 YEC place this week - but only for 15pts. She reach 3 titles, probably will reach TOP10 already after Wimbledon, her improvment in many things is obvious and right now she seems like "best deal" in WTA of girls younger than great 1987 generation (she have great juniors career, but she is till this season always in shadow of Vaidisova or Golovin).

But sadly i must to notice one very dangerouos thing about Aga. Only two professional tennis players this season so far played more matches than young Agnieszka (Nadal and Davydenko). She played already 47 matches!!! Only Jankovic, Zvonareva and Kleybanova also played more than 40 matches in whole WTA tour, and nobody else. She must slowdown litle bit if she want to escape some potential very serious troubles already in near future with her body. I think she is not JJ type of player which realy enjoy to compete and travel every week without rest and pause (even against herself interests) - so i think her coach (father) actualy must slowdown in this case and prevent eventual risk. In both last two her matches which i watch she use medicals (today against Petrova and against Jankovic in Paris). Also she MUST to stop play doubles (i think at every tournament where she play singles she played doubles also) especialy if she continue with this "JJ" shedule in singles.

Aga has had some injury problems with her arm at Roland Garros, as a consequence she withdrew from Birmingham and didn't play doubles at Eastbourne. I get the impression that every one in her team is quite aware of the importance of keeping Aga fit, and I don't think we will see her playing hurt over the next remainder of the year.

sammy01
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
she is playing an aweful lot of events, i think its 14 going into wimbledon, if she is going to be true top 10 player and stay fit 24 for a season is max, but i think she will be closer to 30. i think she has to reasses how much shes winning therefore how many matches shes playing as its obviously more than she anticipated.
i think wimbledon will be a big event for her as she has a tough draw and looked tierd at the end of her match today, if she makes 4th round i dont see her getting past serena.
saying all that shes done very well this year, kind of reminds me of chak last year.

Slutiana
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
She's played so many events and it's only a matter of time before it bits her back in the ass. A lot of the players around where she's ranked are just entering in so many events. Anyway, I can't wait til Tati comes back and shows who's boss. :drool:

sharapovarulz1
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM
Haha Aga will walk all over Tati any day ;)

wtatourfan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats Aga!!

Certainly will be the new addition in the TOP 10 after Wimbledon!

Aryman3
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
You're right. Aga, certainly, plays too much. Hope she'll slow down after Wimbledon. Even Top Ten is not worth of permanent injury