PDA

View Full Version : Anna Kournikova needs to respond....

tenn_ace
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM
Mods please don't close or merge this thread.

Anna's fans: if you have laready joined Anna's official site, could you please ask Anna respond to Gimelsob's dirt? She has to do it for herself, for her fans and for women's tennis.

disco_rage
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM
Anna does not need to respond or lower herself to that ***** level... She has achieved WAY more in her career than he ever could.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:16 PM
I don't even know what Gimelstob said.
Anna can't concern herself with every fool who has an opinion.

VeeJJ
i agree wit pockit2006, her response should be kicking his teams ass when they play.

morbidangle
He doesnt deserve a responce. Anna does not need to respond, and frankly if she hasnt read about it, no need to tell her what he said.

tenn_ace
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:18 PM
she does. someone needs to put a lid on that dirty hole.

tenn_ace
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
well, maybe then some good guy takes this asshole aside and...

are there real guys left in this world?

PatM04
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
maybe I'm clueless, but what did he say?

bwahahahahaha
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
No. The best way to shut him up is to kick his fugly ass on the court.

Go Anna! :fiery:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
what did he say ?

Serenita
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah what did he say?

slamchamp
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:51 PM
what did he say?

Slutiana
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
This is what the thread starter is talking about.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=347207

But yeah, Anna has shown a very classy and has taken her sexiness in a different direction and im sure she wont stoop to his levels. He's obviously low on cash. :tape:

Marty-Dom
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Gimmelstob is using the oldest trick in the book to gain interest in his otherwise crappy exhibition WTT match. He is talking trash to gain press coverage and interest from general public in the match outcome, thus potential ticket sales.
This has been practiced in boxing and wrestling for decades (if not centuries). You guys are falling for it hook line and sinker. Anna is probably in on it all along. Get over it.

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'm not a guy, but I'll respond: No one is "falling for" anything. Of course it's trash talk, but even trash talk has limits. Gimelstob goes over the limit and offends all women and girls in his statements.

tenn_ace
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not a guy, but I'll respond: No one is "falling for" anything. Of course it's trash talk, but even trash talk has limits. Gimelstob goes over the limit and offends all women and girls in his statements.

Exactly.

Marty-Dom
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM

wooooosh!
>----my post--->>>>
your head

Marty-Dom
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:18 PM
Exactly.

It's the whole point of talking trash. To be offensive and piss people off. He is just being good at it and you prove my point.

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:19 PM
wooooosh!
>----my post--->>>>
your head

I think it's the other way around. We KNOW it's trash talk, okay? But even trash talk (all of which I personally despise, but no matter) has to have a limit. Do you approve of racist trash talk? Anti-semitic trash talk? Your defense is no different from the famous "Can't you women (blacks, gays, etc.) take a joke?" defense.

I'm not 100% sure it's all trash talk, either, given Gimelstob's major contempt for women.

*JR*
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe Vince McMahon bought WTT from BJK and wants to make it like World Wrestling Entertainment so it can finally stop losing money. :hehehe:

tenn_ace
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:21 PM
Anna is probably in on it all along.

I'd be bitterly dissapointed in Anna if that's true.

Marty-Dom
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
I think it's the other way around. We KNOW it's trash talk, okay? But even trash talk (all of which I personally despise, but no matter) has to have a limit. Do you approve of racist trash talk? Anti-semitic trash talk? Your defense is no different from the famous "Can't you women (blacks, gays, etc.) take a joke?" defense.

1. says who? If trash talk were to be politically correct no one would have an emotional response to it therefore making it ineffective.
2. Racist or sexist trash talk is nothing new. Remember Mohammad Ali? (probably not since you seem to be a young girl) back in the 60's Ali would say to his opponents before the match, make sure your girlfriend is all clean before the match because after I beat your ass I will have her. Back then that was controversial. Nowadays you have to go a step or two further to get similar reaction.

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Marty, I probably remember a lot more about Ali than you do, and his comment you referenced was equally offensive and misogynistic. The fact that such talk is "nothing new" does not make it acceptable. In fact, such talk only creates a stronger cultural acceptance of ALL things misogynistic, racist, etc.

Marty-Dom
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Marty, I probably remember a lot more about Ali than you do, and his comment you referenced was equally offensive and misogynistic. The fact that such talk is "nothing new" does not make it acceptable. In fact, such talk only creates a stronger cultural acceptance of ALL things misogynistic, racist, etc.

So, are you going to buy a ticket to the Gimmelstob Kournikova match and express your views/protest in person?

pov
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM

I'm not 100% sure it's all trash talk, either, given Gimelstob's major contempt for women.

And who decides what the limits are? I think the stuff he said is stupid yet it's his opinion. IMO - threats are one thing but talking trash is just that and people can choose to not let what someone says get to them.

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
So, are you going to buy a ticket to the Gimmelstob Kournikova match and express your views/protest in person?

Better than that.

kris719
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
If this is trash talk, it's lowblow trashtalk. Who the hell trash talks before some freaking team tennis match anyways Marty-Dom?? Nobody cares about it.

young_gunner913
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Anna does not need to respond. That would only bring her to his level. Partbrit has posted two web blogs that talk about the incident. If you would like to take action and show that this type of offensive behaivor does not belong please write to the Tennis Channel.

Please feel free to join many of us in writing to Tennis Channel:
http://womenwhoserve.blogspot.com/20...not-do-my.html
http://www.feministe.us/blog/archive...not-do-my-job/

kiwifan
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:59 PM
Gimmelstob is using the oldest trick in the book to gain interest in his otherwise crappy exhibition WTT match. He is talking trash to gain press coverage and interest from general public in the match outcome, thus potential ticket sales.
This has been practiced in boxing and wrestling for decades (if not centuries). You guys are falling for it hook line and sinker. Anna is probably in on it all along. Get over it.

yep. :smoke:

suckers. :hehehe:

tenn_ace
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
yep. :smoke:

suckers. :hehehe:

Imagine if it was one of the Williamses :hehehe:...

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Is Corinna still going with that useless tool? :shrug:

Natash.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think she is. Thank god. :o

Like someone said, the best thing someone could do is get him fired.

partbrit
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:48 AM
And who decides what the limits are?

Obviously, two entities do:

1. The culture. In that respect, Gimelstob does not have to worry. If he had said "I'm going to lynch that stupid n-gger," he would have already been fired, as he should be. But in the U.S., you can insult or threaten a female in any context, and it is acceptable.

2. Tennis Channel, Tennis Warehouse, and whomever else he represents. As a public persona, he no longer represents just himself, just as I do not represent just myself in my profession. Since there is quite a history of complaints against Gimelstob because of his contempt for women, there may actually be some cause for concern by those he represents.

sharapovarulz1
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:56 AM
He's an ASS!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Me and Anna are tight friends (she answered a few of my questions in her live chat :lol: :p), but I don't even want her to reply to this horseshit. He's honestly not worth replying to. That's how unimportant Justin Gimelstob is. Nobody CARES.

kwilliams
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
It would be very difficult to adequately respond to such trash talk. She should train for that match and train hard so that she can kick his flabby ass of the court.

kiwifan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Obviously, two entities do:

1. The culture. In that respect, Gimelstob does not have to worry. If he had said "I'm going to lynch that stupid n-gger," he would have already been fired, as he should be. But in the U.S., you can insult or threaten a female in any context, and it is acceptable.

You people are such Drama Queens. :tape: :lol: :tape: :lol: :tape:

Nonsense. He attacked her as an individual and not women as a gender. Had he said women shouldn't be playing tennis, that would be a sexist comment. When you bring up the n-word you are attacking a race not an individual. In fact he isn't even declaring her inferior to men, he's threatening to treat her like a real competitor and serve hard at her.

Just the opposite of a sexist comment. :tape:

Now saying he would punch her in the face after the match...

...that would be a fair example of a violent threat, but he didn't say anything close to that. :rolleyes:

Deck
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
wtf?

I agree that Gimelstob is a douchebag, but I doubt anybody on this board is in the position to tell Kounikova what she has to do.

LadyLil
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:56 PM

This is beyond trash talk. I guess the people from the old ATP Players council who voted him onto the ATP board don't have a problem with his views.

I think Anna should remain silent and let his remarks stand on their own.

young_gunner913
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
You people are such Drama Queens. :tape: :lol: :tape: :lol: :tape:

Nonsense. He attacked her as an individual and not women as a gender. Had he said women shouldn't be playing tennis, that would be a sexist comment. When you bring up the n-word you are attacking a race not an individual. In fact he isn't even declaring her inferior to men, he's threatening to treat her like a real competitor and serve hard at her.

Just the opposite of a sexist comment. :tape:

Now saying he would punch her in the face after the match...

...that would be a fair example of a violent threat, but he didn't say anything close to that. :rolleyes:

I guess in your country abusing women is a past time. :yeah: Way to go backwards in evolution.

kiwifan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I guess in your country abusing women is a past time. :yeah: Way to go backwards in evolution. Serving "into the body" of a professional tennis player is abusing women :weirdo:

You're pretty sharp :yeah:

young_gunner913
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Serving "into the body" of a professional tennis player is abusing women :weirdo:

You're pretty sharp :yeah:

When you basically say your going to use your match to harm your opponent, that's abuse. Tennis isn't about using people as target practice. Maybe that's how you'd play with your wife, girlfriend or sister. But that's not how the rest of the world plays.

partbrit
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
He attacked her as an individual and not women as a gender.

Hello!--one of the violent images was so obviously sexual that one should hope it does not have to be explained to you. Also, calling her a bitch is a gender insult, as is the reference to his brother.

Zébulon
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Exactly ! :worship:

I personnaly don't think Anna should answer this herself. But I do feel that guy should get some kind of backlash, though. Maybe his new colleagues, tennis journalists should open their mouths and tell him how bad he is, or sth...

Slutati
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Me and Anna are tight friends (she answered a few of my questions in her live chat :lol: :p)
:haha::haha::worship: