PDA

View Full Version : Maria's Wimbledon dress

kasia1992
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
This year she gonna wear shorts.She said that on today press conference

Pre-tournament interview with Maria Sharapova (Russia), the no.3 seed in the ladies' singles.

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Maria.

Q. Are you going to watch the football game today?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely.

Q. What do you think about Russia's chances?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: We'll, we're playing a pretty tough team, but I'm very excited. I'm not in a hotel room. I'm actually in a house this time. I'm going to watch it with a group of friends, my dad. I think I have a Russian hat from Fed Cup. I might wear that.

I'm excited. It's going to be tough, but you never know. Turkey wasn't the favorite yesterday and they won.

Q. What have you been doing since Paris?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uhm, took a few days off. You know, I went back on the practice court and just worked, yeah.

Q. That's it?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Pretty boring (laughter).

Q. How did it feel? What can you say about your physical condition?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's good. Yeah, I just wanted to change it up a little bit this year. Every single year I've stayed in Europe between the French and Wimbledon. This year I wanted to go back home, you know, give my body and mind a little rest.

Wanted a change of pace this year. You know, I've played a lot of matches already. Still feel like I have a lot ahead of me. I just have to be smart scheduling‑wise and, you know, making sure that when I get to the tournament I'm ready to play.

Q. Are you becoming more of a homebody?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: A little bit, yeah (smiling). Yeah, it's just ‑‑ I mean, it's kind of strange, because every single year, you know, you do the same thing. It was just so awkward being home at this time of year. You had the NBA Finals going on. It was strange 'cause, you know, being around my friends, they're like, You're never home at this time of year. You're never home during the summer.

It was a little strange, but it was good. It's always good to kind of get back home, recharge your batteries. It's so funny, because literally within 24 hours of my loss in Paris I was in my little local coffee shop with my cookbook seeing what I'm going to cook for dinner. It was such a different world, and it's great that I have that. I can switch off, have that normal life outside the tennis world.

Q. Was your body telling you needed to take things easier? Did you feel you were in some way playing too much tennis?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I looked at the year ahead of me, the amount of traveling, the matches that I'm going to be playing, and I just thought it was wise. I thought it's better to get on a practice court rather than going to a tournament and playing a tournament.

Q. You've learned to cook now, huh?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm getting better. You'd be surprised (smiling). L.A. tournament, if I win, I'll invite you all to my pad for dinner.

Q. What is your specialty?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Italian, because that's the easiest thing to cook. I'm good at pasta and sauces.

Q. You're cooking at the house over the fortnight?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't yet, no, but I don't have that much time. No, I haven't here.

Q. When you're sitting in the coffee shop before you do the cookbook, and you're thinking about what happened in Paris, and then looking ahead...

MARIA SHARAPOVA: God, no. Absolutely not.

Q. Just talk about coming back on the plane, your thought process, then looking ahead. What am I going to do different? What do I need to do going forward? That kind of thing.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, what can you say? I was one point away from winning the match. I wouldn't even be asking myself that question if it would have been a won match. That's why I always say that's the interesting thing about tennis: one point can change so many things. You know, you're either going to the next round or you're going to the travel agent. That's the way it works.

You know, sometimes you win them and sometimes you lose them. For some reason, the losses at the French don't really carry over for too long, so...

Q. How do you feel you've changed as a player since you won here four years ago?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think a lot. I really do. I think I've become a smarter and more experienced player. You know, I'm more aware of what's going on. On the court I'm more aware of what I have to do if things are not working. You know, I'm definitely smarter out there. I'm physically a lot stronger than I was, you know, that many years ago.

It's kind of crazy it's been that long. I can't wait to relive that moment.

Q. You regard America as home, but what you said about the football team, you still consider yourself Russian. How do you correlate the two?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I moved to the States because of my tennis, you know, because becoming a professional tennis player, or trying to at that age, the conditions that were offered there were not good. You know, you're not able to play six days a week, four hours of tennis. That was just impossible. There were not enough facilities. The weather did not permit it. It was quite expensive at that time because of the limited amount of courts and facilities. It's practically impossible.

When you have to make those choices you move to a different country, you live there for such a long time, get accustomed to life and the culture and the way things are, you make friends there, you spend more than half of your life there, you know, it is kind of strange, definitely.

But, you know, I know where my roots are. I mean, all my family, apart from my parents, are all in Russia. When I'm home I speak Russian, I read Russian. We're a big Russian family when I'm at home. But, you know, the home happens to be in America, so...

Q. What outfit are you planning to unveil?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Changing it up this year. I'm going with the traditional shorts, believe it or not. I've never worn shorts at a Grand Slam. I'm gonna be debuting that. Call it menswear, obviously. It's kind of like a tuxedo look, very simple lines, classic.

Q. You've always been mature for your age. At 21, do you feel like a mature adult? You spoke about what Michael's mother went through in Australia. How did that help you grow up?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think with what I do I don't think anybody has a choice but to be mature. To travel around the world like we do, to have the commitments, to be a professional athlete, it's just impossible to not be mature. This job requires a lot of that. You've got to be a strong individual, as well. You've got to stand up for yourself. You're an athlete, but along with that come a lot of other things.

You know, over the years of ‑‑ I think I saw an interview of myself after I won Wimbledon. It's just so funny, those memories. You look back, so overwhelmed by it all. I was like, Yeah, I'm so excited. You know, just see like this little innocent girl. Look what I turned into.

Q. Were you embarrassed by rereading what you said back then?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I actually saw it. Somebody got me a tape of it. I think it was an interview with Sue Barker, one of my last interviews after I won Wimbledon. You could just tell I was so exhausted by doing so many interviews. I was giving like three‑word replies to her. She was like, Is this girl going to talk? It was really funny.

Q. You talked a bit about that that year wasn't a fluke, because you were a fairly accomplished player. It sort of came out of nowhere for you.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah.

Q. Coming back to the last three years and then to now, do you feel like you actually have to mature more as a player on grass because there are more things to learn on the surface?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely, you know, just because I feel like my game, you know, suits grass or just because I feel comfortable on it doesn't mean that a win is gonna come easy.

There are a lot of big competitors in the draw, different types of players. You're also going from a court surface that's completely different than grass, so your mentality also has to change a bit. Absolutely, you learn.

Unfortunately, you don't have that much time to learn. You know, there's only a couple of weeks. Only one week of practice on it to learn. But, you know, that's all right. You got to deal with it. Hopefully it will come together.

Q. How much did you get a chance to follow Tiger Woods' performance at the U.S. Open?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I didn't watch it too much. I usually don't watch golf in general. I sometimes follow Tiger, especially if it's on TV. If I randomly run into it, I'll watch it. I read about it a little bit. One of my friends is a news junky. She watches all the sports. She always fills me in.

Yeah, she told me the incredible comeback, what happened. Now he has to get reconstruction on his knee, right? But I guess a win like that is worth it.

Q. As a fellow athlete, what do you take away from that performance, especially given his injuries?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, what a fighter and competitor he is to go through that pain. He seems like somebody that's not going to let the world know that he's in pain. He's gonna do whatever it takes, because all he cares about is himself. That's just a strong personality and individual. Even though I don't know much about golf, somebody I can look up to, definitely.

Q. When you won Wimbledon 2004, there were photographs in the newspapers the following week of you spending some of your winnings shopping in the streets of London. Are we going to see the same thing this year?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Depends if I win or not.

Q. You're only going to shop if you win?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Winning or losing does not stop my shopping. No, that is a fact.

No, I don't know. I mean, when you lose, to be honest, you want to get on the next flight home. That's why usually you don't see me shopping after I lose.

But I don't know. I mean, yeah, I'm sure - I love London in general. I love the fact that in Europe and in England you get to walk around, just experience the life outside. It seems like in the States, a lot of the time you're always driving everywhere.

In Europe, Italy especially, you're always walking to places. I think that's why people are so thin all the time. They're walking everywhere. Walking to the market and the grocery store.

In the States, you get out of your house, you get in your garage, you get in your car, you get in the cart, put the groceries in the cart, drive it into your garage, and it's there. Here it seems like you get to walk everywhere and experience things, live a little bit. It's fun.

Q. Do you feel better and fresher than you have been in the last couple years arriving at Wimbledon?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's gonna help me towards the end of the year more than anything. Like I said, I mean, this year we have the Olympics. I mean, I'm treating it as another Grand Slam. It's a big event for all of us. It's like three Grand Slams back to back, four.

You have Wimbledon, the French, the Olympics, in a few weeks, the US Open. There's no slowing down. If you play a lot of matches, not only do you physically have to be in shape, but you mentally want to be able to go out and play matches and compete. If you're not there physically and mentally, then that's just tough.

Those are just the schedule decisions you have to make earlier in the year that are going to hopefully help you towards the end. I've had a few experiences where I've made those wrong decisions and it's kind of cost me in the later stages of the year.

Q. A lot of the big women players don't have a tune‑up event. Does it really matter? Is it just a matter of getting a little practice on grass before a big tournament like this?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uhm, maybe a little bit. Obviously, practice is not the same as a tournament, actually going and competing in front of a crowd on Centre Court. It's not the same as going and playing a practice match.

But to be honest, I don't think it really matters, no.

Q. Realistically how many players do you think are capable of winning this tournament?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know. I don't know. I don't sit there and look through the draw and pinpoint on who has a chance and who doesn't. You know, I go about my business.

Q. Who do you see as your rivals to your winning a second title here?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, obviously the Williams, you know, are always good competitors on grass. Venus, you know, is really tough on grass. She has a great game for it. Two Serbian girls, as well. I mean, they've been playing really good tennis.

But then you also have, you know, players that are maybe not favored that go out and have not much to lose and can go out and play their best tennis. So, yeah.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/kasia1992/kasia1992x/mariasharapona-nikeoutfitwimbledon.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/kasia1992/kasia1992x/mariasharapona-nikeoutfitwimbledon2.jpg

mirzalover
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Shorts?

Slumpsova
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
they look all good when she doesn't wear it.

wtatourfan
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Loved it!!!

Lucas_Arg
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Shocking!

Mikey B
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
finally! iv always said she looks her best when just practicing in her little shorts and tops, great that she'll wear them in a match! not sure about the tuxedo thing, maybe thats just for her GGG fans?!!

Coffee&TV
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
:hearts:

CORIA01
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
I Prefer This Outfit As Serena And Venus Ones!

starin
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:59 PM
I think it would look better if the shorts were shorter and her top was just a corset. :drool:

spiritedenergy
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
But, you know, I know where my roots are. I mean, all my family, apart from my parents, are all in Russia. When I'm home I speak Russian, I read Russian. We're a big Russian family when I'm at home. But, you know, the home happens to be in America, so...

I love the fact that in Europe and in England you get to walk around, just experience the life outside. It seems like in the States, a lot of the time you're always driving everywhere.

In Europe, Italy especially, you're always walking to places. I think that's why people are so thin all the time. They're walking everywhere. Walking to the market and the grocery store.

In the States, you get out of your house, you get in your garage, you get in your car, you get in the cart, put the groceries in the cart, drive it into your garage, and it's there. Here it seems like you get to walk everywhere and experience things, live a little bit. It's fun.

So she says all of her family is in Russia and her home is in the States but she has a big russian family in the States? With whom does she speak russian apart from her parents (maybe)?:weirdo:

But I agree about the America-Europe thing, European lyfestyle is not so car- and suburbia-dominated and is so much better...:sobbing:

Slumpsova
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
So she says all of her family is in Russia and her home is in the States but she has a big russian family in the States? With whom does she speak russian apart from her parents (maybe)?:weirdo:

But I agree about the America-Europe thing, European lyfestyle is not so car- and suburbia-dominated and is so much better...:sobbing:
i think she basically wants to have 2 passports. if only she can play for Russian & USA at the same Olympics, she will do it too.

The Dawntreader
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh dear god:o

friendsita
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
shorts... v

beecharmer
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm getting better. You'd be surprised (smiling). L.A. tournament, if I win, I'll invite you all to my pad for dinner.

Looks like she might play LA this year then? Suppose it depends how she does in SW19.

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
Maria in Shorts :)

Going to be VERY interesting!

Lucas_Arg
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
Looks like she might play LA this year then? Suppose it depends how she does in SW19.

She is playing only Montreal before the Games.

soomaal
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:47 PM
I love it. I'm not a maria fan as such but I think I love this as much as Venus's dress if not more! Serena's is ok.

-VSR-
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:54 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

sharapovarulz1
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hot, hot, hot she is going to look gorgeous in that :D

handan
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Sharapova ,a football fan :rocker:

southpaw58
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM
I like the outfit.

But I can't imagine Maria in anything besides a dress. I mean it compliments her body type so well. A nice long lean frame. And it's wimbledon and I'd just picture her in a dress. But ehh..outfit looks cool!

LCS
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
She'll look hot(ter)..

serenus_2k8
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Such a long interview! Im sure she will look hot ;)

Bijoux0021
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:25 PM
I like the outfit.

But I can't imagine Maria in anything besides a dress. I mean it compliments her body type so well. A nice long lean frame. And it's wimbledon and I'd just picture her in a dress. But ehh..outfit looks cool!
She can't help it. She has to copy a William sister:

http://i29.tinypic.com/amtsfd.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/1zzp85h.jpg

Craig.
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
Whoo, HOT! :hearts:

In The Zone
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Maria's body isn't a girly body. Not sure shorts would flatter her. Shorts do not flatter ANY girl, unless they have booty ;). Not sure Maria Sharapova will do the trick.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Maria must have been so happy now:hearts:

Coffee&TV
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
I like the tops too. :drool:

williams fan
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:36 PM

pova always copy the williams just like she copy off Serena with the earrings!

Vincey!
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:38 PM
She's going to look amazing!!!!

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:39 PM
she does not have the ass for it

slamchamp
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM
pova always copy the williams just like she copy off Serena with the earrings!SeReNa COpicAt !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

slamchamp
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
she does not have the ass for it she defenetily has a nice booty, the fact that she's white doesn't mean the oposite

Slutiana
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:47 PM
No, she doesn't have much of an ass. She's more Golovin than Williams in that category...

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
she defenetily has a nice booty, the fact that she's white doesn't mean the oposite

what the hell??

all i said is that her derrière does not fully fill out a short

and i can't wait to see it though:lick::drool::bounce:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
She will look stunning wearing shorts!:hearts::drool:
Whoever says she does not have the ass for shorts must be totally blind or just upset because he won't get any up-skirt moments this year :nerner:

pov
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM

Yeah because no one other than Venus Williams has ever worn shorts at Wimbledon.

Did V.Williams copy Mattek whom she played in 2006?
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/06/29/bethaniemattek_gallery__282x400.jpg

partbrit
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:51 PM
I bet it's going to look great.

Andy.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Since when did you need a so called "booty" to wear shorts :rolleyes: Just because her ass doesnt have its own postcode doesnt mean she doesnt have a fantastic behind. Im sure Maria will look amazing in the shorts.

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
She's wearing a two pieces :eek:

Can't wait to see her :drool:

vettipooh
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:12 AM
No, she doesn't have much of an ass. She's more Golovin than Williams in that category...

Agreed. But during her service motion or when she's waiting to recieve serve, you will see an ass, other wise you need your microscope.:lol: Seriously though, I think it's great she's wearing shorts...more players should cuz those dresses are getting shorter by the minute, and every step they take you can see what's underneath.

woosey
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:12 AM
monkey see, monkey do.

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:16 AM
she defenetily has a nice booty, the fact that she's white doesn't mean the oposite
:o, race has nothing to do with asses.
Maria has no ass.
:lol:
Yeah because no one other than Venus Williams has ever worn shorts at Wimbledon.

:rolleyes:
girls have been wearing booty shorts for years, Golovin-2004 Wimbledon, Myskina-2006 Wimbledon, Mattek-2006 WImbledon, Venus-2007 Wimbledon
But the poster has a point, Maria has been copying the Williams Sisters, she has never won those types of shorts and never had bangs and now look at her trying to be like Venus because she is the "F*cking Venus Williams"

Dan23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
Maria has no ass.

girls have been wearing booty shorts for years, Golovin-2004 Wimbledon, Myskina-2006 Wimbledon, Mattek-2006 WImbledon, Venus-2007 Wimbledon
But the poster has a point, Maria has been copying the Williams Sisters, she has never won those types of shorts and never had bangs and now look at her trying to be like Venus because she is the "F*cking Venus Williams"
:haha: pathetic

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
Uranium, I hope you're not serious and only doing your daily hating job :unsure:

southpaw58
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:28 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sorry to say, but it's kinda true. You see Serena and Venus do one thing and next thing you know Sharapova does it too. I'm not trying to hate on Sharapova but there's a history of it.

Oh well who really cares...hhahaha honestly.

woosey
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:22 AM

no, she was inspired by serena's world cup outfit from the french open.

Chunchun
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:15 AM
Wearing shorts like Venus last year won't win you the trophy.

cheo23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
OMg, someone please help this girl!!!! Please tell me she will Wear an American hat even though she will be watching the match :help: She's not russian!!!!!

cheo23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:13 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sorry to say, but it's kinda true. You see Serena and Venus do one thing and next thing you know Sharapova does it too. I'm not trying to hate on Sharapova but there's a history of it.

Oh well who really cares...hhahaha honestly.

That is so TRUE.

Nikkiri
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Shorts are nice, the top reminds me of Stella McCartney though. :o

I'm sure she's gonna look great in it though :yeah:

tequila
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
Sharpie is wearing shorts :lol: Williams copycat :lol:

Optima
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
Christ on a cracker, SHE'S WEARING A DRESS.

TENNIS PLAYER COPYCAT?

kwilliams
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
I don't mind the shorts but that top is yuck!

Sharapowerr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
It s sounds so dumb if Maria choses to try something else in female tennis you have 2 choices dress or shorts + top.. it s all because of Venus... :S , sounds very dumb.. it s like if a tennisplayer do a photoshoot in a Mens magazine it s all that they wanna be an actress ?? u can twist anything around with those rediculous comments..
And Maria does have the body for it , so if she doesn t have the Serena ass ( mostly fat ) she can were shorts...:S:S:S get a life..

it-girl
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
First she copies Venus's hair style

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:fDjkIS1iKI6c9M:http://www.thehairstyler.com/images/Venus_Williams_announces_her_new_line_of_sportswea r_Eleven.jpg

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:0ZGDeHD_AwAgFM:http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/13/sports/13sharapova.2.190.jpg

Now she wears shorts immediately the following year after Venus does

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:XczBh3sGK2XNKM:http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4802893

But in all fairness she could really look up to Venus. Therefore she is inspired by things that Venus does and this is clearly obvious.

Sharapowerr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
So Ana that means that Ana Ivanobitch did a photoshoot for the UK FHM, it means that is because Maria did a photoshoot for SI..:S:S how old are u IT-Girl..

Andy.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Yes because Venus is the first celebrity ever to get Bangs :o So I suppose all the other celebrites (and normal girls even) who are sporting that cut this year have all copied Venus too :rolleyes:

SoClose
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:14 AM
:tape:

Optima
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I hope Maria wins the whole damn thing in those shorts just to piss people off. The whole copying thing is one of the dumbest ideas I have read on this board.

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:23 AM
Maria has no ass.

Frankly, get a life:lol::lol:

Nikkiri
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:23 AM
So Ana that means that Ana Ivanobitch did a photoshoot for the UK FHM, it means that is because Maria did a photoshoot for SI..:S:S how old are u IT-Girl..

And how old are you? :rolleyes:

Sharapowerr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM

Nikkiri
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
:tape:

cheo23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Maria has no ass.

:worship:

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
:worship:

Another idiot on this board :o

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:44 AM
First she copies Venus's hair style

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:fDjkIS1iKI6c9M:http://www.thehairstyler.com/images/Venus_Williams_announces_her_new_line_of_sportswea r_Eleven.jpg

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:0ZGDeHD_AwAgFM:http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/13/sports/13sharapova.2.190.jpg

Now she wears shorts immediately the following year after Venus does

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:XczBh3sGK2XNKM:http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4802893

But in all fairness she could really look up to Venus. Therefore she is inspired by things that Venus does and this is clearly obvious.

Lord have mercy, so much BS:tape::lol:

*PASSED OUT*

Optima
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Don't you just love how Venus invented and owns bangs and shorts? :inlove:

Cakeisgood
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Maria has no ass.

yOur'E sO RigHT!!!!1111111 :rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Welcome to "Williams' World" :lol: ;)

Can't wait to see Maria! :drool:

Cakeisgood
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:19 AM

Apparently Serena invented nice dresses and earrings too. Go figure.

SOA_MC
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:21 AM
Another idiot on this board :o

Nah too easy I'll let it pass:angel:

Nikkiri
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Nah too easy I'll let it pass:angel:

I almost couldn't resist too :angel:

Shimizu Amon
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Love the outfit! Can't wait for Maria to wear it.

Polikarpov
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Why do some WS fans think that their faves have the monopoly over everything?

I think Maria will look hot in it. Daniela doesn't have an ass but she looks good in shorts.

spiritedenergy
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
mARiA sHaMELeSs CoPYcaT GeT IT TogEtHer!!!!!!!111

Sharapowerr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:46 AM

Freak ...

rockstar
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:17 AM
i'm no maria fan, but i think the inspiration behind the outfit is a tuxedo suit, not venus. not everything is about your fave!!

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM

You are so right

Dan23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
:lol: :o the stupidity of some posters around here never fails to astound. Shorts are so rare that Venus must have invented them herself! ....and bangs?? damn never seen anyone else go for them. If Maria wanted to copy Venus she could have worn shorts in any of the other 13 events shes played since Wimbledon last year. Daniela has been wearing shorts for years and just about every person in the whole world wears them at some stage. How can Maria live herself? :(

Harju.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
I can't wait to see Maria in hotpants :drool:. If Tati can look smashing on it, I bet Maria will look much better with her long leg :drool:.

The Dawntreader
Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Well she obviously has a right to wear shorts if she so wishes, Venus doesnt have exclusivety rights :haha:

Though, apparently she's inspired by a Tuxedo look:tape:

Who does she think she is? Diane Keaton:lol:

Corswandt
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
iv always said she looks her best when just practicing in her little shorts and tops

She does, but then again nearly all players do.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
i am so conservative i hope it'll be long shorts ..

hacberto
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Shorts???
Well it looks good ,the design, you know but she always looks good not matter what.

tequila
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hope they are short shorts and really tight ;)

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Dan23;13449186] If Maria wanted to copy Venus

Relax, there is no if. Maria does copy Vee's game, dressing with accessories etc but it is all good because Vee is a trend setter.:worship: Remember who started first with the biggest multi million contracts and endorsements? Vee has been there, done that and now on to the major league of putting her own name on her stuff. :worship:

Venus is one of the best role models and icon around therefore there would be no down side to copying her.:worship: Also note, how many younger players are now interested in fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if very soon more want to attend fashion school and have their own label.;)

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
You're a fucking idiot. Maria grew up with Lansdorp, who coached Lindsay.
And Venus wasn't the first to wear shorts. Navratilova was wearing shorts a long time ago.

Aravanecaravan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM

Whenever I see tube socks, the word "nerd" springs to mind...or "dork"....or "poindexter"...

new-york
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
love it.

the black version seems :hearts:cious.

mal
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM

I don't know whether she copied a dress, but Samsung have the official rights to the Olympic Games gaming, and that includes tennis. It Sharapova isn't at the Olympics and doesn't play tennis, who cares. Not me.

I'm first in line to get paid, so if that means suing the Sharapova foundation oe whatever it is called, I'm not the one to be humiliated by that. I'm so over the hype of that outfit. All I want now is the money owed to me.

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Relax, there is no if. Maria does copy Vee's game, dressing with accessories etc but it is all good because Vee is a trend setter.:worship: Remember who started first with the biggest multi million contracts and endorsements? Vee has been there, done that and now on to the major league of putting her own name on her stuff. :worship:

Venus is one of the best role models and icon around therefore there would be no down side to copying her.:worship: Also note, how many younger players are now interested in fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if very soon more want to attend fashion school and have their own label.;)

You have some nice theories for someone who has never been able to quote properly after almost 1000 posts:)

cheo23
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
i am so conservative i hope it'll be long shorts ..

Long shorts?? You mean Long Pants??? And yes, Maria would look like a HILARIOUS clown then.

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM
You have some nice theories for someone who has never been able to quote properly after almost 1000 posts:)

:confused: For starters please elaborate on my quoting sills because I have no idea what you are talking about. I quote just the way I want it. Secondly, if you have a problem with what I stated please feel free to bring your best argument backed by FACTS to refute anything I stated.

I'm now on vacation and therefore have enough time to engage in some rational banter. I whole heartedly stand by statements.:wavey:

lilimi
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/kasia1992/kasia1992x/mariasharapona-nikeoutfitwimbledon.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/kasia1992/kasia1992x/mariasharapona-nikeoutfitwimbledon2.jpg

:o i love how this tenniswtablog put its signature at this picture when it took ME ages - well 30 minutes :lol:- to copy /paste those pictures in one pic in order to put them in wtaworld for you, guys.
seriously, i don't care if they use it, but putting their name on it is not fair:sad:
my art is not recognized :sad:

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
:confused: For starters please elaborate on my quoting sills because I have no idea what you are talking about. I quote just the way I want it. Secondly, if you have a problem with what I stated please feel free to bring your best argument backed by FACTS to refute anything I stated.

I'm now on vacation and therefore have enough time to engage in some rational banter. I whole heartedly stand by statements.:wavey:

I was noticing the fact that each time I read your posts, your quote was not rightly done:lol:

And there are not facts to bring in it. Your whole post is about pure speculation and I hope you are aware of it :)

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
what if she's copying Venus may be she likes her and so takes her as an idol , what's wrong with that ..

-VSR-
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Some posters need to stop talking so much about Venus and focus on their fave. :o

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
I was noticing the fact that each time I read your posts, your quote was not rightly done:lol:

And there are not facts to bring in it. Your whole post is about pure speculation and I hope you are aware of it :)

I already got your point that you have general disagreements with my posts. In order to move this conversation forward I'm now asking you to be more specific about your disagreements and state specifically what are your FACTS to refute mine. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me but it's useless if you can't be more specific and articulate why you think I'm wrong. Yes, speculations and opinions are in abundance around here but in order to make your arguments valid you have to back them up with empirical data. Anyway I do enjoy "high brow" bantering therefore if you are ready to play bring your A game.;)

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
what if she's copying Venus may be she likes her and so takes her as an idol , what's wrong with that ..

Absolutely nothing. As I stated before it is all good.

V's a star
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
wow does she really always have to copy Venus :help: Anyway shud be funny since she aint got no booty

jacobruiz
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
[quote]

Some posters need to stop talking so much about Venus and focus on their fave. :o

Venus IS the fave of posters who keep bringing her up in this thread!:lol:
Remember, Venus INVENTED shorts, bangs, sports endorsements, contracts, and fashion!:yeah::rolls:

Vlover
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=jacobruiz;13451601]
Venus INVENTED shorts, bangs, sports endorsements, contracts, and fashion!:yeah

We are well aware she didn't invent them but she was the first female to draw so much attention and awareness as it relates to the sport.

plantman
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
The headlines will read:

Stylish & Stunning in Shorts!

Wimbledon will be all a buzz with Maria's oufit choice this year!

spiritedenergy
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know whether she copied a dress, but Samsung have the official rights to the Olympic Games gaming, and that includes tennis. It Sharapova isn't at the Olympics and doesn't play tennis, who cares. Not me.

I'm first in line to get paid, so if that means suing the Sharapova foundation oe whatever it is called, I'm not the one to be humiliated by that. I'm so over the hype of that outfit. All I want now is the money owed to me.

So Maria owes money to you?:eek:

slamchamp
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
So Maria owes money to you?:eek: mal is a bit:cuckoo:

matty
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
She looks great in pretty much everything she wears-I think the top is really darling!

jacobruiz
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
[quote]

We are well aware she didn't invent them but she was the first female to draw so much attention and awareness as it relates to the sport.
You're free to feel that way but as to the imitating, copying claim you try to make:
Venus was certainly not the first to wear shorts but she and Serena did get a lot of recognition for wearing very tight short shorts revealing their large behinds. Dani and others have been wearing shorts longer, however. Maria prefers dresses but that doesn't mean she can't wear shorts once in a while.

Bangs - come on...:rolleyes: People have worn bangs for centuries and they have been popular lately. Now if Maria was to buy a wig made from the hair of someone of another race and attach it to her head....:tape:

As for sports endorsements and contracts - do you really believe that tennis players are imitating Venus if they get them?:lol:

Playing style: Venus and Maria are both very tall hard hitting players but that's about it.

As for fashion, do you think that the fashion industry is so minuscule that two beautiful, tall girls have to be imitating each other to have an interest in it?

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
ROFL at the Venus, Serena, Maria war.

I like the outfit, don't care who is supposedly copying who, I know my fave rocked hers and Maria's fans will feel the same.

I think the design of the bottom is wise to add more body to Maria, make her hips look wider.

Great outfit.

Foxy