PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Wimbledon Outfit!

*W*
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Probably for Doubles!

http://i26.tinypic.com/sbsbvr.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2qvs65s.jpg

Olimpics?

http://i27.tinypic.com/20sdqfs.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2igeknm.jpg

SoClose
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM
awful :o

Uranium
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM
she can't wear the red one;)

:yawn:

doni1212
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
I love the cherry colored one! But we'll see what she really wears. She has 2 potential outfits and we're always surprised at which one she chooses, :shrug:

Marshmallow
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Well she can't wear the cherry one, wimbledon is all white. I think they're nice, we'll see how she looks in them.

Milli
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
It's alright. Nothing special

Tennisballova
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM
Nothing special, really...:yawn:

bridgepea
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
I think they are very nice. Should flatter her boobs and booty. Really classic styles. When I look at matches of yester year and matches of today I have to say that today's players really had better taste in clothes than back then. I saw the Seles/Navratilova match 1992 Wimby semis and Monica looked a mess.

Alla Luce
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Too plain

InsideOut.
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
Is the cherry red one for USO? :hearts:

sharapovarulz1
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Wow I really like it :D the white one of course!

Chunchun
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Serena should look good in it but still a bit boring :(

Renalicious
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
NO!

Come on Serena wear the one you wore on the WTA Promo posters!

V's a star
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:50 PM
wtf lol!

Il Primo!
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Serena, you can do so much better than this :yawn:

And I don't think she'll wear a two pieces outfit for Wimbledon.

Just wait and see.. Hope she wears something else :unsure:

Chance
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:01 PM
I bet Serena will wear that for doubles.

Wiggly
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, that must be for Doubles. With 2.5 millions Euros gold knickers.

serenus_2k8
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Serena :o Something more interesting please!

Geisha
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
What happened to the Serena Williams who wore lycra catsuits, denim skirts, and booty shorts?

This girl is borin' now!

Get your act together, Ree!

CORIA01
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM
It's ok

Marshmallow
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM
What happened to the Serena Williams who wore lycra catsuits, denim skirts, and booty shorts?

This girl is borin' now!

She got older Geisha, perhaps matured.

We've seen it with Christina Aguilera, and saw it for a while with Madonna. That's just my view on it.

Emina.
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:42 PM
its simple and I like it :)

kwilliams
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:48 PM
I don't mind it for Wimbledon, plain wait looks good against the grass but after Wimbledon is over she should ditch this design and get something better than the cherry version for the Olympics.

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
I like it :)

southpaw58
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
That Cherry one, might be for Summer hard courts.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM
She got older Geisha, perhaps matured.

We've seen it with Christina Aguilera, and saw it for a while with Madonna. That's just my view on it.

ty :worship: people don't seem to understand that she isn't a 20 year old anymore...her tastes have changed...you see it in the way she dresses on and off court...

its simple and nice...i love it :)

skanky~skanketta
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM
it's too dull for serena!

starin
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
it's boring but i guess nike needs to sell these to as many people as possible so boring is better ..... i guess.I miss Serena w/ Puma. :sad:

young_gunner913
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
NO!

Come on Serena wear the one you wore on the WTA Promo posters!

That one was hot. :drool:

Mrs. Peel
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
It is simple and I do like it but frankly her Ta-Ta's are too big for tops like that.

winone23
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
it's cute.

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
it simple but i still love it

Love the white one :hearts:

Lulu.
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Doubles outfit?

Serena's Hubby
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:58 PM
That one was hot. :drool:

Really:)

see I didn't like that one cause I didn't like how it looked on serena at the french:o it was okay but I didn't like how it looked o her when she was playing at the french:shrug: b/c the one from the wta hero poster is the white version of the french open one from this year and I didn't like how it fit on her...

and I like serena's hair but Im tired of it its too 1980-2000 looking

SHe needs to get some braids,two strings, Micro braids, pixey braids....something...Im tired of the smushed mushroom hair on the court....Come on ree lets upgrade the hair

These outfits on here are probably for singles...she never has what she wears for doubles out.....I hope she does wear this for Wimbledon singles:hearts: I like it

Slumpsova
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
OMG they are great! go Serena! :hearts: :worship:

H.P.O.
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
This is the image from the Wimbledon outfits (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=346491&page=8) thread, showing what the dress looks like when there's a Serena inside. :D

http://www.prodirecttennis.com/prod_images/zoom/PDT303009373.jpg

Bartosh
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:08 PM
boring :rolleyes: :yawn:

Apoleb
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:10 PM
Do we need a thread for every player's outfit, especially that they look like your regular sports outfits? :rolleyes:

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Do we need a thread for every player's outfit, especially that they look like your regular sports outfits? :rolleyes:

Serena, Venus and Maria are not EVERY player.

Apoleb
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Amelie's skirt in Wimbledon:

http://www.midwestsports.com/images/500/Q308_CompSkort.jpg

:eek::hearts::worship:

Zweli
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM
This is the image from the Wimbledon outfits (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=346491&page=8) thread, showing what the dress looks like when there's a Serena inside. :D

http://www.prodirecttennis.com/prod_images/zoom/PDT303009373.jpg

It's nice.

~{X}~
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Serena's outfit for the French was different than the one she had in the Hero's Promo. I thought it was the same as well, but then saw it wasn't.

HERO'S OUTFIT:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/graphics/heroes/WTALAYOUTS2.jpg

ROLAND GARROS '08 OUTFIT:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.e075a3776f5e03a1c9c4b71c3f675f38/e075a3776f5e03a1c9c4b71c3f675f38-getty-80740386jd165_french_open_r.jpg

As you can see, the ROLAND GARROS outfit has a blue hemline at the bottom and a blue tie around the waist. Also on her shoulders, its white.

The HERO'S outfit, has double layer on the bottom, with blue trim, but its white. And you can barely see by the shoulder straps, are blue, not white. I'm thinking that may be Serena's Wimbledon outfit in the Hero's ad.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:11 PM
I like the red version :drool: But she won't be wearing that.

RVD
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
it's boring but i guess nike needs to sell these to as many people as possible so boring is better ..... i guess.I miss Serena w/ Puma. :sad:Agree fully with these sentiments.
I think it boils down to what Nike will allow her to represent for the company.

Still, I miss the 'Extravagant' Serena. These plain & simple styles do nothing but piss me off.

RVD
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Serena's outfit for the French was different than the one she had in the Hero's Promo. I thought it was the same as well, but then saw it wasn't.

HERO'S OUTFIT:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/graphics/heroes/WTALAYOUTS2.jpg

ROLAND GARROS '08 OUTFIT:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.e075a3776f5e03a1c9c4b71c3f675f38/e075a3776f5e03a1c9c4b71c3f675f38-getty-80740386jd165_french_open_r.jpg

As you can see, the ROLAND GARROS outfit has a blue hemline at the bottom and a blue tie around the waist. Also on her shoulders, its white.

The HERO'S outfit, has double layer on the bottom, with blue trim, but its white. And you can barely see by the shoulder straps, are blue, not white. I'm thinking that may be Serena's Wimbledon outfit in the Hero's ad.Thanks for the pic.

Now that I see what these other Nike outfits look like, Serena's isn't so bad. :tape:
I'd better appreciate what she's wearing before Nike decides to clothe her in a Burlap sack. :lol:

Andy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM
Its nice but nothing to write home about. These outfits are just so plain and boring compared to her vintage stuff. Since the AO 2005 her Outfits have gone down hill. That looks like just another one of the outfits from the Nike Wimbledon Collection not the custom made one for Serena.

darrinbaker00
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM

This girl is borin' now!

Serena wore clothes that that only she could wear, and Nike isn't paying her for that. They're paying her to move merchandise.

darrinbaker00
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM
it's boring but i guess nike needs to sell these to as many people as possible so boring is better ..... i guess.I miss Serena w/ Puma. :sad:
At last, someone who understands how the game is played! :yeah:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
it's very very good

Geisha
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Serena wore clothes that that only she could wear, and Nike isn't paying her for that. They're paying her to move merchandise.

I could swear that the denim skirt and catsuit were sold in stores.

southpaw58
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:35 AM

Yea but what's he's saying, is that maybe those items didn't sell too well.

Which I can understand. It's about marketability and money and the public wants some more "regular" or in this case "boring" :lol: stuff. But that's just how it works.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Its hot to me...especially if the skirt is leather..it looks leather to me. I love it when Serena takes risks with her fashion...I still say NOTHING is better than the Catsuit and the Blue jeans skirt and black boot outfit at the US Open.

darrinbaker00
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:49 AM
They were. Nobody bought 'em.

gmokb
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:58 AM
Just ok outfits to me.

IanRadi
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:33 AM
I can't believe she isn't wearing nothing stunning this time :eek: :lol:

Geisha
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:36 AM

Well, at least they got people into the stores.

The catsuit and the denim looks sparked a lot of talk in the tennis and general sports world - they are definitely assets to tennis, especially the women.

People complain tennis is boring as it is. Now, we're taking our most famous players and putting them in run-of-the-mill clothing.

Geisha
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
These outfits should be on players like Hantuchova and the Myskinas of the past. The top players, especially Sharapova, Venus, and Serena, should be wearing admired, cutting-edge, and "WANTED" clothing.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:41 AM
These outfits should be on players like Hantuchova and the Myskinas of the past. The top players, especially Sharapova, Venus, and Serena, should be wearing admired, cutting-edge, and "WANTED" clothing.

Maria is wearing shorts (ground breaking), Venus a gorgeous dress.
Serena's outfit is really average, especially for her.

darrinbaker00
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:49 AM
Did you buy any of those "cutting-edge" outfits?

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 22nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
I want Serena to win the title more than having the most talked about outfit. I like all her outfits more when she's lifting a trophy.

Serena's Hubby
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM

THATS BECAUSE THEY AINT HAVE NO SERENA BODY AND THEY WOULD HAVE LOOKED UGLY AND DUMB IN IT ....I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY SELL THAT....B/C SERENA IS THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN FIND TO ROCK THAT CATSUIT....UNLESS MAYBE YOU GO DOWN INTO THE HOOD:lol::lol:

hacberto
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
I like it but I don't think why people are acting so you know shocked. 2008 Have been a year of classy fashion you know what I mean. Now women are looking better not showing their skin.
I'm not saying that because I need to defend my player, I'm saying it because I think it's the truth

I like the outfit

southpaw58
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
I like it but I don't think why people are acting so you know shocked. 2008 Have been a year of classy fashion you know what I mean. Now women are looking better not showing their skin.
I'm not saying that because I need to defend my player, I'm saying it because I think it's the truth

I like the outfit

:worship:

Geisha
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Did you buy any of those "cutting-edge" outfits?

I'm not saying that. One - I'm a guy. ;)

For example: When Versace has a fashion show, they make outrageous outfits that nobody will ever be seen in public in. These outfits are called "couture" or what not. They are not meant to be sold in stores. So, then they make "ready-to-wear" outfits that are based on the designs in the couture show. These pieces are supposed to be sold.

What I'm saying is that the superstars, like Serena and Maria, should be wearing the more "outrageous" or "crazy" outfits or whatever word you want to use. When the world of fashion and tennis notices these outfits, they will go to the regular Nike stores and wear the collection that is based on what the superstars wear.

So. If Nike is going for this "classy", "Marilyn Monroe" look, get her in a white flowing dress that blows up when the wind comes, and get Maria in a tuxedo like Annie Hall. Fucccckkkk.

darrinbaker00
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
I'm not saying that. One - I'm a guy. ;)

For example: When Versace has a fashion show, they make outrageous outfits that nobody will ever be seen in public in. These outfits are called "couture" or what not. They are not meant to be sold in stores. So, then they make "ready-to-wear" outfits that are based on the designs in the couture show. These pieces are supposed to be sold.

What I'm saying is that the superstars, like Serena and Maria, should be wearing the more "outrageous" or "crazy" outfits or whatever word you want to use. When the world of fashion and tennis notices these outfits, they will go to the regular Nike stores and wear the collection that is based on what the superstars wear.

So. If Nike is going for this "classy", "Marilyn Monroe" look, get her in a white flowing dress that blows up when the wind comes, and get Maria in a tuxedo like Annie Hall. Fucccckkkk.
Why would they do that now when they haven't before?