PDA

View Full Version : GB girls battle for top spot!

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7452588.stm

good read:D

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
If Anne can beat Vania she should be set for the summer tbh Maybe a 1/2 tournaments on direct entry :shrug:

beecharmer
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Lol. O'Brien saying, "For as long as I've been around, British tennis is in the best state it's ever been in." That'll be news to Ann Jones, Virginia Wade, Sue Barker, Christine Truman and Jo Durie then.

andrew_uk
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:04 AM
Lol. O'Brien saying, "For as long as I've been around, British tennis is in the best state it's ever been in." That'll be news to Ann Jones, Virginia Wade, Sue Barker, Christine Truman and Jo Durie then.

I think when she says "as long as I've been around" she is referring to the time in which she has played tennis so it's probably true if you think of the amount of players we have near the top 100.

beecharmer
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think when she says "as long as I've been around" she is referring to the time in which she has played tennis so it's probably true if you think of the amount of players we have near the top 100.

Yeah, could be. Her phrasing makes her sound very uninformed though a la the "who is Chris Evert" tribe!