PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus headed for an early exit?

LINDZFAN!!!!!!!!
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
In the last 2 even years, she's lost in the 2nd and 3rd round. In the odd, she's won. :shrug:

Slutiana
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah, because she is going to lose to Anne Keothavong. I mean I love anne but :spit:.

The last two years she has won it, she has had absymal showings in FO and come back with so much ambition for wimbledon. It's the same this year....

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:58 AM
she is going to go into the second week..

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Both WS draws up to the Quarters look pretty favourable.

This is a nice draw :)

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Is Venus headed for an early exit?

Yes, she is. :)

tennis-jack
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Even though i really love venus i really want cavaday to win lol

Renalicious
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
She's not going to lose to Cavaday or King or Mirza...just...nope...even the Venus of 2004/2006 wouldn't...

Dawson.
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
She's not going to lose to Cavaday or King or Mirza...just...nope...even the Venus of 2004/2006 wouldn't...

you're right. shes not going to lose to cavaday, king or mirza.....
she'll lose to keothavong ;) :lol:

Noctis
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Venus wont lose to This WnaS

morbidangle
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
She also had that FO trend of doing well in even years and bombing out in the odd ones. This year she bombed out at FO even though its an even year, so I am guessing she is not going to lose early at Wimbledon. Besides, Venus really shouldnt lose early at Wimbledon, ever.

Dave.
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Normally I'd say she will lose early because she hasen't had the best year and it's an even year too :lol:

but with the draw, i can't see anyone who could even come close to beating Venus on grass before the 4R. In 04/06 at least Sprem and Jankovic had a chance but i don't see that in the draw this year. Anyway, go Anne :rocker2:

Selah
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
...and she's blogging :tapesmouth:

NeeemZ
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
I really don't expect to see her losing based on the draw until the Qtrs. But then again, I didn't expect to see her struggle against Kudryatseva and Morigami last year considering they aren't grass courters, but then whip the shit out of Sharapova.

Marshmallow
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Can't predict the future based on whether it's an odd or even year. This is real life you guys :rolleyes:, we need to rely on intuition and Chakra vibrations! I don't see Vee losing early, but in any case, she'll have to be playing well to go far, she is the one to beat on this surface.

Also, people predicted a QF at the french with this reasoning and look at what happened!

soomaal
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
I veelieve that Vee won't lose at Wimbledon. Ever.

Slumpsova
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:56 PM
she is in a slump so anything can happen. i'm sure she won't defend the title anyway.

starin
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
I hope not cuz her early round opponents are pretty unimpressive. The highest ranked player is Mirza who just came back from injury with all the others ranked btwn 98-200. And the best any of those players did was the 2nd round at Wimbledon. So I would be really bummed if she did.

Uranium
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
I hope not cuz her early round opponents are pretty unimpressive. The highest ranked player is Mirza who just came back from injury. I would be really bummed if she did.

what about 2006:p:lol:

Zweli
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
I hope not,I believe not.

southpaw58
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm hoping for her not to.

Her play has been up and down lately. Esp after seeing her in Australia playing very un-WS sister tennis. And couldn't even bear to watch the FO. So I'm hoping for a good turn around.

sharapovarulz1
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Oh yerrrr Venus is well going out early! As if that will happen! And I ain't even a fan lol

serenus_2k8
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
I dont think that Anne or Naomi will beat her (I have faith that Anne will make R2) but I am kinda worried about a shock loss such as Hantuchova or something like that!!

It seems so weird to think of the Brits playing Vee! I dunno who to cheer or what, they seem like they're worlds apart its crazy :lol:

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
I dont think that Anne or Naomi will beat her (I have faith that Anne will make R2) but I am kinda worried about a shock loss such as Hantuchova or something like that!!

It seems so weird to think of the Brits playing Vee! I dunno who to cheer or what, they seem like they're worlds apart its crazy :lol:

The only way i am cheering against Vee or Ree is if they are playing against my sister or my little cousin :lol:

Anyone else :devil:

Slutiana
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM
you're right. shes not going to lose to cavaday, king or mirza.....
she'll lose to keothavong ;) :lol:

Even I can't cheer for Anne if they play. :sad: Go Venus. :)

...and she's blogging :tapesmouth:
No, she's writing a column. There's a difference. :p

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
I freaking well hope not
I shall pray it doesn't happen

Dawn Marie
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
I had a dream about Venus last night. She was practising with a hitting partner and hurt her ankle. My dream ended not knowing if Venus was going to be ok to play Wimby. I am glad it was only a dream. She had on a dark blue sun visor and her dress had dark blue in the trim.

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
I had a dream about Venus last night. She was practising with a hitting partner and hurt her ankle. My dream ended not knowing if Venus was going to be ok to play Wimby. I am glad it was only a dream. She had on a dark blue sun visor and her dress had dark blue in the trim.

Stosur??:confused:

young_gunner913
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
I don't think so. I think she can break this little pattern she's got going and I think she'll definitely reach the second week. :) But anything is possible with a Williams sister... good or bad. :o

AcesHigh
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM
She won't lose early. She's changed her mentality and game since then and she's VERY hungry. I honestly think she has close to at least 70%(random number I know) of winning the title if she can get past Jankovic. Jankovic is the only real obstacle that scares me.

Richie's
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hantuchova will def. Williams if they play in 4th r.

AcesHigh
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Btw, last time she lost in the quarters or semi's was 1999 in that match against Graf. The only person past that point is Serena.

sunsfuns
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Maybe, but I would certainly not bet on it...

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
if she does lose early and falls out of the top 10 before chaky i'll piss myself laughing!

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
if she does lose early and falls out of the top 10 before chaky i'll piss myself laughing!

Meanwhile you scream and shout when others diss Chakky :lol:

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Meanwhile you scream and shout when others diss Chakky :lol:

well i didn't diss venus, i didn't call her shit, i didn't say she dosen't deserve to be top 10, i just thought how funny and ironic it would be if venus fell out of the top 10 before chaky given how i have to read about chaky falling out of the top 10 every 3rd post.

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
not happening sorry:o
But after the USO when Venus is top 5 and Anna is searching to find points to stay in the top 20, don't worry, i'll find these comments and bump them for you and find it ironic:o
Hantuchova will def. Williams if they play in 4th r.

joke of the year:worship:

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:48 AM
not happening sorry:o
But after the USO when Venus is top 5 and Anna is searching to find points to stay in the top 20, don't worry, i'll find these comments and bump them for you and find it ironic:o

ok you do that! i'll just remind you chaky has 1000 points to defend untill after the us open and venus has 1600, then i look at whos ahead in the race this year and im not so worrid!

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM
ok you do that! i'll just remind you chaky has 1000 points to defend untill after the us open and venus has 1600, then i look at whos ahead in the race this year and im not so worrid!

I am glad you're not worrid:o
Venus won a slam, made a QF and SF last year, she plans to play 3 tournaments before USO, so she'll be fine, so she is playing 5 tournies to make up those points
But Chaky has 1061 points to defend and with her form, she will be lucky if she can defend 200 of them:lol:
Venus will be fine, you should worry more about Chaky and her slowly falling ranking:o
Chakvetadze has played 13 tournaments and Venus has played 7, i would hope Anna is higher with how many tournaments she played, but she is only ahead by about 50:o

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
I am glad you're not worrid:o
Venus won a slam, made a QF and SF last year, she plans to play 3 tournaments before USO, so she'll be fine, so she is playing 5 tournies to make up those points
But Chaky has 1061 points to defend and with her form, she will be lucky if she can defend 200 of them:lol:
Venus will be fine, you should worry more about Chaky and her slowly falling ranking:o
Chakvetadze has played 13 tournaments and Venus has played 7, i would hope Anna is higher with how many tournaments she played, but she is only ahead by about 50:o

im not going to argue with you theres just no point. the ranking will be what they are, but im pretty confident chaky will be ahead of venus after wimbledon!

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:57 AM
im not going to argue with you theres just no point. the ranking will be what they are, but im pretty confident chaky will be ahead of venus after wimbledon!

Anna is going to lose first round:( and Venus would make QF at worst, but in the second week of Wimbledon she is unstoppable, so :rolleyes: at you because you are a naive fool.
:wavey:, nice to know you stopped arguing because you know what your saying is crap:)

starin
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:58 AM

lol this is a sad competition. Who sucks less. Both players have been horrible so far this year. Instead of wasting time on who's going to fall faster and farther maybe your energy could be better spent. And anyways, Venus is 28 and a 6 time slam champion. Even if she slumps herself into oblivion she'll still have had a fantastic career. same can't be said about Chakvetadze.

and who cares what either is ranked. If both are losing early and to players they shouldn't be then being top 10 is a very small and meaningless consolation prize. Cuz if they continue to play like that both are going to fall out anyways.

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
lol this is a sad competition. Who sucks less. Both players have been horrible so far this year. Instead of wasting time on who's going to fall faster and farther maybe your energy could be better spent. And anyways, Venus is 28 and a 6 time slam champion. Even if she slumps herself into oblivion she'll still have had a fantastic career. same can't be said about Chakvetadze.

venus is a great champion and i love seeing her at wimbledon, i actualy love watching her there more than anywhere as she has a sort of aura. but i realy am getting sick of the chaky bashing and im sick to death of defending her and i'll admit i've started lashing out because defense isn't working. the more people bash chaky the more i feel i've become a negative poster but i feel i cant just sit by and let people say things that are both nasty and vindictive. i feel people have just ganged up on her because they sense shes weak right now which i find both sad and very disconserting.

Uranium
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:11 AM
venus is a great champion and i love seeing her at wimbledon, i actualy love watching her there more than anywhere as she has a sort of aura. but i realy am getting sick of the chaky bashing and im sick to death of defending her and i'll admit i've started lashing out because defense isn't working. the more people bash chaky the more i feel i've become a negative poster but i feel i cant just sit by and let people say things that are both nasty and vindictive. i feel people have just ganged up on her because they sense shes weak right now which i find both sad and very disconserting.

:hug:
but saying Chaky is gonna fall out of the top 10 after USO isn't nasty, it's the truth.:shrug:
Mainly if she doesn't get her act together

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:14 AM
well i didn't diss venus, i didn't call her shit, i didn't say she dosen't deserve to be top 10, i just thought how funny and ironic it would be if venus fell out of the top 10 before chaky given how i have to read about chaky falling out of the top 10 every 3rd post.

But it wouldn't be funny or ironic :shrug: Venus has been there and done that :shrug:

hankqq
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
Is Venus headed for an early exit?

I hope not!!

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:18 AM
:hug:
but saying Chaky is gonna fall out of the top 10 after USO isn't nasty, it's the truth.:shrug:
Mainly if she doesn't get her act together

its ok, but when and if chaky falls out of the top 10 then she will have deserved to, the rankings are a 52 week thing and over the last year she is top 10.
i happen to think her falling out of the top 10 might do her good and give her the kick to sort her tennis out as i feel shes resting on her laurels. but i feel people are just kicking her when shes down which is pretty sad!

Matt01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
lol this is a sad competition. Who sucks less. Both players have been horrible so far this year. Instead of wasting time on who's going to fall faster and farther maybe your energy could be better spent. And anyways, Venus is 28 and a 6 time slam champion. Even if she slumps herself into oblivion she'll still have had a fantastic career. .

Yeah, and Chaky isn't already 28 and still has her career ahead of her....Venus on the other hand is already past her prime. :p

Selah
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:36 AM
Yeah, and Chaky isn't already 28 and still has her career ahead of her....Venus on the other hand is already past her prime. :p

Venus and Anna C. in the same sentence, don't make me throw up in your mouth :lol:

Il Primo!
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:37 AM

Kid, stop comparing Vee to Jokevetadze. Have some respect. Nobody is dumb enough to compare a Lion to a freaking cat:rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:38 AM

Look what the cat dragged in :armed:

Matt01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Look what the cat dragged in :armed:

:yawn:

starin
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
its ok, but when and if chaky falls out of the top 10 then she will have deserved to, the rankings are a 52 week thing and over the last year she is top 10.
i happen to think her falling out of the top 10 might do her good and give her the kick to sort her tennis out as i feel shes resting on her laurels. but i feel people are just kicking her when shes down which is pretty sad!

:hug: i understand the feeling. Just put some people on ignore and avoid opening threads you know people will be bashing her. I personally don't like Chakvetadze but i try not to bash her cuz i know how annoying it is to be fan of someone who is being constantly bashed. even though i kinda already bashed chakvetadze in this thread :tape::help: sorry.

sammy01
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
:hug: i understand the feeling. Just put some people on ignore and avoid opening threads you know people will be bashing her. I personally don't like Chakvetadze but i try not to bash her cuz i know how annoying it is to be fan of someone who is being constantly bashed. even though i kinda already bashed chakvetadze in this thread :tape::help: sorry.

its ok the sad thing is im getting used to it. i dont want to come here and read posts and share my thoughts right now because i feel like i said, i've becoming negative in the defense (now lashing out) of anna. the second i say something against a williams sister or maria im brandished a hater or some other name i dont want to repeat, yet i sit through post on post of chaky bashing. i have started to feel less respected just for being an anna fan which is something that hurts me, but what can i do bar defend her and myself and be brandished names for it.

Craig.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:57 AM
its ok the sad thing is im getting used to it. i dont want to come here and read posts and share my thoughts right now because i feel like i said, i've becoming negative in the defense (now lashing out) of anna. the second i say something against a williams sister or maria im brandished a hater or some other name i dont want to repeat, yet i sit through post on post of chaky bashing. i have started to feel less respected just for being an anna fan which is something that hurts me, but what can i do bar defend her and myself and be brandished names for it.

Ditch Anna. Get another favorite player. ;) :lol:

sky20748
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:12 AM
its so sad these discussions always take a turn for the worse.we don't know who is going to win wimbledon.may the best woman prevail.i dont care if your ranked 1 or 1million.on any given day any player can come out swinging and snatch the whole thing.i dont care what your ranking is.high or low.come out play your game and let the chips fall where they may.the match is always in each players hands.the one who loses is the one who blinks first.but heh lets just wait and see what happens and stop attacking each other.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Ditch Anna. Get another favorite player. ;) :lol:

:haha: :worship:

ASP0315
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:58 AM
Naomi Cavaday cannot be underestimaeted.
Most likely pennetta or hanuchova could beat Venus.
Hoever she will not go beyond Qf imo.
Defednig the title is never easy.

ASP0315
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:04 AM

Calm down Sam. This thread is about Venus so try to stay with the topic.
Well anyway hard courts are different grass/Clay courts, So anna shouldn't be having much problems in defend that points in stanford.(where the field is usually weak anyway.)
Hard courts suit her conditions imo
she is safe inside top 15 by the time of USO if you ask me.

gmokb
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
I really hope she does not and can defend her title.

kwilliams
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
You can never count Venus out on the grass and certainly not because of whether it's an odd or even year.

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:55 AM
Venus will do her best.