PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only"

gouci
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:48 AM
How about testing how well you know the recruiting tendencies of the teams that you follow?

Take your "best guesses" about which incoming high school seniors your program will target then sign for the 2009-2010 season. Post your speculations here and then see how many or if any of them come to fruition in November. :bounce: It's most fun doing this before the recruits indicate in the upcoming months which schools they're interested in. I'll get it started.

UC Irvine

Nelly Radeva - good chance - Former doubles partner Brooke Bartlett plays for UCI.

Fidan Manashirova - good chance - From NorCal & ranked in mid-30's nationally, falls into UCI recruiting area & range.

Stephanie Hoffpauir - good chance - From San Diego & ranked in mid-40's, falls into UCI recruiting area & range.

Catherine Isip - medium chance - May pick UCI if USC doesn't have a 'ship for her.

Danielle Lao - medium chance - Stock has climbed into the blue chip neighborhood, may have risen above UCI range.

Thien Trang Nguyen - medium chance - From Long Beach. UCI coach has ties to Long Beach Tennis Patrons.

Bianca Modoc - remote chance - Former top 40 player whose ranking is back on the rise.

Stefanie Villajuan - remote chance - UCI's Clare Fermin from same HS. Good chance if willing to walk on.

USC

Asia Muhammad - good chance - Been nationally ranked in the top 10 the last 4 years & indicated high interest in USC.

Catherine Isip - medium chance - Indicated high interest in USC, but Trojans only have 1 'ship opening up in 09-10 and Muhammad is ranked higher.

gouci
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Per request here is projection for Long Beach State.

Long Beach State

Lisa Whybourn - medium chance - From Great Britain & ITF in 180's, maybe Lisa was born to become a 49er.

Hannah James - medium chance - From Great Britain & ITF in 180's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Lareesa Easterbrook - medium chance - From Great Britain & ITF in 190's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Tiffany Mai - remote chance

Kelly Blake - remote chance - From Australia & ITF in 200's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Olivia Rogowska - remote chance - From Australia & ITF in 370's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Veronika Makovey - remote chance - From Australia & ITF in 390's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Jordain Dobbins - remote chance - From Great Britain & ITF in 400's, falls into LBS recruiting area & range.

Tennisace
Jun 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Alison Riske
If she's going to college, odds are she'll head to Vanderbilt. Her sister played there and in an interview (I read about 9 months ago) she stated that she would go to Vanderbilt. That being said I can see her turning pro or at least taking a year off. But she also seemed grounded enough that she would just go to college.

Tayler Davis
I think Cal might be on the short list. She has a friend, who is a rising sophomore, on the team so that might influence her choice. But given that she goes to a private school, I can see her heading to the Ivy League (Harvard, Yale, Princeton).

Zoe De Bruycker
This is based purely on speculation. I see her wanting to go to Stanford and normally I would say she has a shot but with only one scholarship (Jessica Nguyen), I'm not quite sure she's good enough. It'll probably go to someone higher ranked. I can see her heading to Harvard, Yale, Princeton.

Tanya Raykova
I don't know if she's going to go to college straight away. I can see her taking a year off to try the pros. Based on the fact that she is at the Ojai Academy, I give the edge to California and Georgia Tech. A lot of the male players at her academy currently go to Cal (three off the top of my head) and I believe Rebecca Marino's visit to Cal last year was one reason why she went. I also say Georgia Tech because Flower (who is also from the same academy) obviously went to GT.

California tenis players
Currently 17 of the top 50 players are from California. Unfortunately for them USC and Stanford only have 1 scholarship, UCLA has 2 scholarships, and Cal has at least 2 scholarships for this cohort. I think this is a good chance for Cal to get some higher ranked players from within the state, but odds are most are heading outside.

gouci
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Cierra Gaytan-Leach
Heard coaches from Northwestern, Oregon and Pepperdine were all in attendence at her SoCal Sectional consolation match.

Amalgamate
Jun 28th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Tayler Davis is going to Cal.
Cierra Gaytan-Leach is not looking at any of those schools. She has narrowed it down to one of the Arizona's (don't remember which) and UT.

hammerhead
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:49 PM
A friend who knows Alexa Glatch's family told me she has been accepted to UCLA (on academic merit) but I'm pretty sure she can't/won't play tennis because she turned pro a while ago.

gouci
Jul 6th, 2008, 07:33 AM
The following players have disappeared from their school's roster and may become transfer candidates.

Ex. (player name) - (recruiting class)(star rating) - (disappeared from school roster of)

gouci
Jul 20th, 2008, 08:38 AM
UC Irvine

Brynn Boren
Medium chance - May have changed mind about taking a year off before college. From the same Advantage Tennis Academy as UCI sophomore Ali Welliver. Ranked in 50's nationally, falls into UCI recruiting area & range.

Jessica Kwan
Medium chance - May walk-on at UCI to join older sister Rebecca Kwan.

gouci
Aug 3rd, 2008, 05:11 AM
UC Riverside

Melissa Cecil - good chance - Falls into UCR recruiting area & range.

Tennisace
Aug 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Speculation no longer, Tayler Davis is heading to Cal next year.

gouci
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:12 AM
UC Davis

Eleanor Edles
Good chance - 3 star player who's broken into the top 130. UC Davis has the best combination of academics & tennis program from the schools of high interest she's listed. Falls into UCD recruiting area & range.

Stephanie Villajuan
Remote chance - Junior doubles partner of Eleanor Edles. UC Davis has 4 schollies to fill for 2009-2010. If Edles goes there Villajuan may end up following. Falls into UCD recruiting area & range.

Amalgamate
Aug 21st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Speculation no longer, Tayler Davis is heading to Cal next year.

I could have told you this for sure about a year ago...

gouci
Sep 18th, 2008, 06:53 PM
UC Davis :secret:

Eleanor Edles
Good chance - 3 star player who's broken into the top 130. UC Davis has the best combination of academics & tennis program from the schools of high interest she's listed. Falls into UCD recruiting area & range.
:singer: . Speculation no longer, Eleanor Edles has given a verbal to play at UC Davis.
Edles will most likely be re-classified as a 4 star player when the new player ratings come out in October. She might even break into the top 100 by the early signing period in November. Edles will be reunited with former doubles partner Dahra Zamudio at UCD.

gouci
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:27 AM
USC

Blue chip players Catherine Isip and Adrianna Colffer have both recently dropped their long time high interest in USC. This leads me to speculate that USC, which currently has only 1 scholarship open for 2009-2010, has turned down both girls :confused: and recently received a commitment from a higher ranked blue chip or international player.

A few players that are higher ranked and have had an interest in USC include Jacqueline Cako and Allie Will. Asia Muhammad wanted to go to USC but she turned pro instead so it's not her. Going by their recruiting history my best guess is that this hypothetical USC commit is from California. That would make Julia Boserup, Stacey Tan and Pamela Montez leading candidates.

form
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Stephanie Villajuan (4* #120, peaked at 93 in June; from Anaheim, CA)had verballed to Louisville

gouci
Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Good for Villajuan that she was accepted by #39 ranked Louisville. But I don't see her getting any playing time unless she is really good in doubles...or maybe if Louisville ever plays Denise Liebschner's team, conference member Villanova, Villajuan may get into the singles line-up. :lol:

form
Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Seton Hall , not Villanova , and she's # 1 there. How about that. Also very happy (loves being in line up every day and living just outside NYC). Lot's of different fits for different people.

A good rising program but I'll take any of the top 3 BW schools last year in a match up with Louisville... looking at results and all.... yet another quirk in last year's odd rankings...

But a very good offer for her though there will be a lot of indoor tennis Dec-Feb. Wet and cold.

gouci
Sep 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
My bad, I got Seton Hall mixed up with Villanova, who UC Riverside destroyed 2 years ago. Seton Hall and Villanova are 2 of several Division 2 caliber teams in the basement of the Big East.

However Louisville in my opinion is legit. Let's look at their wins last year:
34 Tulsa
41 South Florida
48 South Alabama
60 Virginia Tech
61 Depaul
62 Michigan State
73 Indiana State
75 SMU

Beating Louisville may just put Long Beach State over the top in securing an NCAA at-large berth prior to entering the brutal Big West tournament this year.

gouci
Nov 9th, 2008, 03:57 AM
UC Irvine

Zoe De Bruycker
Medium chance - May end up at Pepperdine, UC Davis or UCI.

Knunpak Issara
Remote chance - Brother Khunpol plays tennis at UCI. Won an ITF junior event 2 weeks ago. Achieved highest ITF ranking this month. May try the pro circuit if she continues to play well.
UC Davis is another remote possibility.

Subbadharmi Sundaram
Remote chance - Has been playing the ITF women's circuit the last 2 years. Was coached by Trevor Kroneman, the current men's tennis head coach at UCI.

Stacey Tan
Remote chance - If she decides to play college tennis the leading contenders may be Duke and Yale.
Other possible destinations include Notre Dame where her brother plays tennis, Washington and Stanford.

form
Nov 9th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Well on the same theme and logic

Concordia University

Lindsay Davenport
Remote chance - Lives in area but has been playing the women's circuit for a few years. Other possible destinations but she has actually heard of the school.

gouci
Nov 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Form you don't seem to know the difference between the ITF women's circuit and the WTA women's tour. :haha:

Let me explain.
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) women's circuit is like the minor leagues of tennis.
The ITF events have 5 levels. $10,000, 25k, 50k, 75k and 100k tournaments.
Finalists of the 25k tournaments get entry into the qualifying draw of a lower WTA Tier 4 or 3 event.
Finalists of the 50k or higher tournaments get a wild card into the main draw of a lower WTA Tier 4 or 3 event.

The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) tour events have 5 levels in rising order. Tier 4, Tier 3, Tier 2, Tier 1 and Grand Slam events.
So 5 tiers for the minor leagues, ITF women's circuit, and 5 tiers for the major leagues, the WTA women's tour!

form
Nov 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Gee thanks.

Perhaps you might want to use the same theory to 'guesstimate' who might be joining Eater Women's Tennis... just aim a bit lower ....

Key word 'guesstimate'

gouci
Nov 9th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Form when you talk in riddles I don't know what you're getting at sometimes.

You asked if anyone got any ideas about where players are going and I responded. But stay tuned, I'm not done yet and more to come. :hehehe:

gouci
Nov 9th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Julia Boserup
If she signs early I think the contenders are Stanford, UCLA, Virginia. Princeton may be a longer shot.

Mallory Burdette
I think the contenders are Stanford and Georgia.

Danielle Lao
I think the likely choice is USC or Northwestern.

Elizabeth Epstein
I think the contenders are Vanderbilt, Northwestern and Yale.

More to come :hehehe:

Tennisace
Nov 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Lao is heading to USC in 2010. I wanted her to go to Cal.

gouci
Nov 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the scoop Tennisace.

I wanted Lao to take up one of the UCLA/USC/Stanford/Cal open slots this year! :sad:
Guess Lao will join USC when they make a push for the title in 2010-2011 with a huge class of seniors.

USC in 2010 explains why Lao hasn't showed up on the 2009 girls commitment list. I guess she is taking a year off to play the ITF women's circuit. I'm just surprised more top 10 players don't negotiate verbals with the provision to take a year off to try making the pros.

gouci
Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
As speculated, with the openings filled up at Vanderbilt (Alison Riske) and Northwestern (Kate Turvy, Linda Abu Mushraf & Brittany Wowchuk), Elizabeth Epstein verbals to Yale.

gouci
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Gina Suarez - 5 star
I think a possibility may be North Carolina State.

Sarah Leonard - 5 star
I think the contenders are Dartmouth, Wake Forest & Rice. Yale in her home state of Connecticut may be a remote possibility.

gouci
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Tayler Davis is going to Cal.
Cierra Gaytan-Leach is not looking at any of those schools. She has narrowed it down to one of the Arizona's (don't remember which) and UT.
Amalgamate by UT did you mean University of Texas, Utah or maybe University of Tennessee?

gouci
Jan 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Brynn Boren - 5 star

I heard that she plans on taking a year off after high school to play internationally.

form
Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:28 AM
Cal has another scholie open for next year ! Rachel Dillon has been removed from roster and left team despite a pretty good fall.

Tennis-Chick
Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Cal has another scholie open for next year ! Rachel Dillon has been removed from roster and left team despite a pretty good fall.

What does that mean? Is she transferring or left college all together?

Tennisace
Jan 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
What does that mean? Is she transferring or left college all together?

I'm honestly not too surprised. I thought it was quite odd that she didn't play the Cal Winter Invite. As much as she improved since last year, she was never going to break the top No. 1-5 line-up, especially with the year's line-up of Cossou, Juricova, Andersson, Bobusic, and Ilcinkas. Cal is entirely too deep this year, so much so that the line-up is really up in the air. I think the two seniors should play No. 4 and No. 5.

Dillon's only saving grace is her doubles skill but it appears that she isn't strong enough to break into that line-up either. She was the No. 3 doubles player last year but was later replaced.

I think she was originally recruited for her doubles skill but she isn't really paying dividends and with lots of top players in the junior class interested in Cal it's a win win for both Cal and Dillon. I assume she will stay on the West Coast. The last two players to transfer out of California were Wiesener (San Diego where she played No. 1) and Arguelles (Loyola Marymount where she played No. 1 too). Looks like the WCC is a big contender and for some reason I want to lean toward San Francisco.

gouci
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
West Coast teams with slots open include San Francisco, Fresno St., Hawaii and UC Irvine. If Dillon makes a quick UC to UC transfer and goes to UC Irvine she may want to arrive in time to play against her old team as Cal visits UCI in 2 weeks. :lol:

Tennis-Chick
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info gouci and tennisace :D:D:D

form
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Why is it just presumed Gouci that everyone in the world would want to go to UCI? :banghead::yawn:Perhaps this player was actually talking to another school prior to her last minute commit to Cal.... :smooch:

and it was not a WCC or UC school... :angel:

Not that I'm saying I have that knowledge but..... :rolleyes:

And perhaps this student-athlete might prefer a place where she can play high level tennis and reach the NCAA's every year? If this is an option, then there is only one WCC and one BW school that could annually offer the NCAA's historically. Right :worship:

Tennis-Chick.. tell your Irish friend to go back to her original list... else she might actually have to meet Gouci someday. :help:

gouci
Feb 10th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Sarah Leonard - 5 star
I think the contenders are Dartmouth, Wake Forest & Rice. Yale in her home state of Connecticut may be a remote possibility.

** This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

Please refrain from posting copyright materials.

gouci
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Form you might recall about Tiffany Mai who I speculated 8 months ago may have an interest in Long Beach St. She committed to Army.

What's interesting about Mai was her interest in 6 Big West schools: Cal Poly, CSF, UCI, UCD, UCSB & LBS. She even got an offer from UCSB.

I've seen Tiffany Mai listed both as a high school senior and junior this year. Form do you know if she will start college in 2009-2010 or 2010-2011?

form
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
'Believe' she is a senior.

Just because kids list a school of interest does not mean it is being recipricated.

And that actually works both ways. I know Denver and Syracuse have in recent months suddenly input interest on kids (coaches can do that too) and then had kids immediately remove the school from the list.

Interestingly this recruit only listed LB as of last week.... right as she listed her LOI to Army... yet I talked with Coach and she has not spoken with her in over a year and never had any sort of scholarship discussion.

So those lists can be very deceiveing.

Odd

gouci
Feb 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
With the April 8th signing period just one and a half months away verbals are heating up again. Unsigned blue chip recruits that took a year off to unsuccessfully try making the pro tour include Jamie Hampton, Chloe Jones & C.C. Sardinha. I expect all 3 to play college tennis for 2009-2010. :lick:

gouci
Feb 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Here's part of an update article on Julia Boserup from TRN.

** This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

Please refrain from posting copyright materials.

gouci
Mar 8th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Arizona State for 2009-2010.
The most likely candidate is Ali Van Horne.

1. Kelcy McKenna - So.
2. Nadia Abdala - Jr.
3. Micaela Hein - So.
4. Laila Abdala - Sr.
5. Michelle Brycki - Fr.
6. Sianna Simmons - Fr.
7. Ashlee Brown - So.
8. Ali Van Horne - So.

Incoming
1. Jacqueline Cako
2. Nicole Smith

Only 1 outgoing senior but 2 incoming freshmen.

Tennisace
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Bartnik will announce later this week. I think she's heading to Duke.

gouci
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Bartnik will announce later this week. I think she's heading to Duke.
I agree that Duke is the most likely destination since Duke & Georgia are like the only top 10 teams not to have any commitments yet for 2009-2010. I would speculate that Florida & Georgia may be sleeper picks.

gouci
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Question - This signing day on Wed. April 8th are the only ones allowed to sign seniors?

I'm assuming juniors like blue chip Kate Fuller will have to wait until the early signing period in November. So if any junior signs this week does that imply she will graduate early?

form
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
You can only sign those coming for September 2009

And transfers do not sign LOI's.... they sign Financial Aid Agreements...

So no, a junior who will start in Jan 2010 or Sep 2010 does not sign in this period.

gouci
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks form for the clarification! :worship:

gouci
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Per TR.net, Allie Will is now considering taking time off.

Julia Boserup, Arianna Colffer and Brynn Boren are also considering taking time off but this had already been speculated on.

However the signing period lasts until the summer if enough early exists on the ITF women's circuit should change their minds.

form
Apr 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Spoke with prominent SD area tennis person, the 'time off' angle was exactly what Hoffpauir was doing as they were going to wait for USC, UCLA or someone 'huge' school like that. Her game is excellent and rapidly improved so she got the UCLA spot.

Danielle Lao has apparently chosen to wait one year so she can get a USC spot... since they are full for 09-10.

Appears many of those names you listed are doing similar. Interesting that many girls will wait a year for a Top 10 team spot rather than go to a just slightly less 'gucci' university.

At least one name on your list above is questionable for college as I am told around the junior world that the grades are not good. Won't list the name.

Interesting pattern developing.

davidjaime
Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
yeah ali van horne is the most likely candidate to lose the scholarship. ASU is going to be pretty strong with the two incoming freshmen.

gouci
May 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm here watching Mallory Cecil (Duke) vs Bianca Eichkorn (Miami) in the Sweet 16. Boy I hate it when both players are dressed alike in all white, it makes it harder to tell which is who.

While I'm watching I'll speculate which players Duke may target for the 2009-2010 season.

1. Allie Will - She was ranked as high as #3 in 2008. Out of the colleges she has a high interest in only Duke and Georgia, maybe USC have openings. She has a WTA ranking high of #568.

2. Danielle Mills - She's playing at the same Bollettieri Academy that Mallory Cecil came from. She has a WTA ranking high of #596.

3. Jamie Hampton - She was ranked as high as #2 in 2007. She took a year off to unsuccessfully try the pro tour. She has a WTA ranking high of #618.

4. Chloe Jones - She was ranked as high as #4 in 2007. She also took a year off to unsuccessfully try the pro tour. She has a WTA ranking high of #782.

By my count Duke has 5 players returning and 3 open scholarships for next season.

Well Cecil just won 6-2,7-5 so I'm done for now.

Kevin.
May 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Jamie has been injured since the USO, actually before that...Mills is lookin at Miami,USC and another school, its in her forum.

Tennisace
Jun 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
There are rumors that Megan Alexander of Florida is transferring to either Texas or TCU.

Again, it looks like Duke has secured Jamie Hampton.

UFGatorFan
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:35 AM
There are rumors that Megan Alexander of Florida is transferring to either Texas or TCU.

Again, it looks like Duke has secured Jamie Hampton.

If Megan is leaving, I wonder what Jessica will do? No surprise, really, as Florida always has at least one player leave.

gouci
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:06 AM
No surprise, really, as Florida always has at least one player leave.
Yeah but I don't think any other school in the country is in the same "baker's dozen" ballpark as Long Beach St., which has had 13 players leave in the last 7 years. :eek:

Megan Alexander transferring as a senior is unusual. Does that mean she will need to attend her new college more than 1 year in order to acquire a degree?

Tennisace
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Yeah but I don't think any other school in the country is in the same "baker's dozen" ballpark as Long Beach St., which has had 13 players leave in the last 7 years. :eek:

Megan Alexander transferring as a senior is unusual. Does that mean she will need to attend her new college more than 1 year in order to acquire a degree?

I would imagine she has earned a red shirt this year considering how few matches she has played. And given Thornqvist's history both personal and as a coach, I am sure he would/will grant her an immediate transfer (i.e. not having to sit out a year). This would mean that she would still have two more years of eligibility.

johnnytennis
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I would imagine she has earned a red shirt this year considering how few matches she has played. And given Thornqvist's history both personal and as a coach, I am sure he would/will grant her an immediate transfer (i.e. not having to sit out a year). This would mean that she would still have two more years of eligibility.

What is the story with Thornquist. Is he a hard coach to play for? Way to many players leaving Florida over the years. If I was the AD I would'nt be happy!

wanabgator
Jun 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
UF is a difficult school academically. 1250 SAT minimum requirement for non-athlete. It's tough to deal with UF tennis and get the grades needed to survive the swamp.

gouci
Jul 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Elizabeth Kobak - blue chip

Kobak played in a $10,000 ITF women's tournament held at Landisville, PA in late May. This was the first pro tournament she has played in the last 3 years. It will be interesting to see if Kobak will attempt a comeback with Columbia for the 2009-10 season where she would have a redshirt junior eligibility. :bounce:

desariofan
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
UF is a difficult school academically. 1250 SAT minimum requirement for non-athlete. It's tough to deal with UF tennis and get the grades needed to survive the swamp.

so you think cohen left because of that reason?

wanabgator
Jul 14th, 2009, 01:22 AM
so you think cohen left because of that reason?

No. I was not referring to any player. My opinion, the forums tend to blame coaches, injuries, personal problems etc. when a player leaves. Could be true. However, I don't remember ever reading that academics played a role with an athlete transfering. I bet it has played a huge role. Afterall, the athlete is there for an education not just to play tennis. This is probably a new concept for some players.

form
Jul 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Wanabgator.. you get it.

Bingo... and that new concept comes out in two ways:

1) Academic shortfall

or

2) Quit playing tennis because the combo (academics and work load to play high level tennis) is more than they desire. Some transfer, some stay but pay own way without tennis and some quit college completely and go home to other countries to study without tennis.

It is a huge step up from HS & JR TENNIS to Top 50 D1 tennis PLUS college academics

I personally am much more suspect of those few uni's (seem to be in Texas area; one in Dallas area and one in middle of nowhere) that constantly get MULTIPLE transfers. I've heard of atleast two cases with very illegal offers without permission to speak and the on-going year after year after year pattern is interesting.

wanabgator
Jul 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Form... Thank you for the backup and your additional comments.

form
Jul 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
For the top 50 programs... it is a big jump in workload tennis wise as much as academics. Few if any juniors practice 3 hours per day, 5 days per week, both semesters. It doesn't take long to seperate those still into tennis and those that were 'just' using tennis as a means to get a scholarship.

Now, below the 35-100 level, many programs only practice as little as 90 minutes per day and the results are indicative. Likewise, some kids prefer that as the tennis is clearly 2nd fiddle (or lower) rather than equal in importance.

There are many cases where kids left programs because they just didn't really want to work on their tennis that much... and went to program where less time and effort was expected.

Florida has a tremendous academic and tennis reputation. And he continues to reload even when those not interested in that working at BOTH high academics and high tennis move on.

wanabgator
Jul 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Re: 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only" Florida has a tremendous academic and tennis reputation. And he continues to reload even when those not interested in that working at BOTH high academics and high tennis move on.

Absolutely! It's important to find the right student/athlete for any college program.

gouci
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Baylor for 2009-10. :confused:

1. Taylor Ormond #48 - jr.
2. Lenka Broosova #35 - sr.
3. Jelena Stanivuk #47 - jr.
4. Csilla Borsanyi #68 - sr.
5. Nina Secerbegovic #123 - so.
6. Kasia Siwosz - sr.
7. Karolina Filipiak - jr.
8. Zuzana Chmelarova - sr.

Incoming
1. Carla Lindlar - fr.

I don't think Lindlar is a walk-on because it would be unusual of Baylor announcing the signing of a walk-on.

gouci
Jul 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Kansas St. for 2009-10.

1. Antea Huljev - jr.
2. Masha Slupska - so.
3. Nina Sertic - so.
4. Petra Chuda - so.
5. Natasha Vieira - sr.
6. Vanessa Cottin - jr.

Incoming
1. Karla Bonacic - fr.
2. Ana Gomez - fr.
3. Carmen Borau - fr.

gouci
Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
My laptop is working again as of Wednesday and that feels so good I'll probably go on a posting frenzy for the next week. :lol:

Khunpak Issara of Thailand

She's living in Southern California and the top 4 CA Pac 10 schools currently have no openings. I would speculate Pepperdine would be the front runner to sign Issara if she decides to play college tennis in Spring 2010.

form
Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Pepp is full if they have indeed signed Colffer.

What have UCI (3) and Cal Poly (2) and CSUN (4 if Fournell medical's out) added?

LOTS of questions there

gouci
Sep 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Pepperdine minus Catherine Isip, Anne-Christine Voicu & Zlatka Petrova = 3 slots open

Pepperdine adds Marie Zalameda & Arianna Colffer = 1 slot to fill

gouci
Sep 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM
UC Irvine

- UC Irvine will get 5 star ??? :nerner:.
She will probably graduate early to play (top 3 singles) for UCI in Spring 2010.

Here's a hint Form. :kiss:

(1st name 5 letters) = _ _ _ i _

(last name 8 letters) = _ _ _ _ a _ _ _

form
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, looks like the long missing league championship is Irvine's this year. :worship:

gouci
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM
More hints :bounce:

Hint #2.

(1st name 5 letters) = _ _ r i _

(last name 8 letters) = _ _ _ _ a _ a _

Hint #3.

In May 2009 this future UCI player defeated another American recruit who had a WTA top 600 ranking and will be a freshman this season for a top 10 national powerhouse school.

USTennisfan
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
April Bisharat

tennisbuddy12
Sep 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM
April Bisharat

Yep..beat Danielle Mills in 50k Carson qualies....Mills is going to Miami

Glad to see April going to school and not wasting money traveling around lol....her counterpart/BFF Mia Fiocca is going to some Division 2 school Barry I think idr...April needs to get fit and she will be even a better player.

tennisbuddy12
Sep 18th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Thoughts on Bisharat

The whole UCI-Bisharat thing has gotten me thinking...If you graduate early, how do you graduate on time..

Bisharat will be a HUGE advantage for UCI IMO...I have never heard of Barry, I thought Fiocca would totally have gone to a top school, she has all that international experience. Bisharat and Fiocca traveled to Israel and Egypt and played some tournaments. April gave Julia Glushko a big test losing 64 64. There were pics on some tournament sites of the 2 of them but I cant find it.

I just found some videos of Bisharat today. For those interested in April's game here is some YouTube videos from Carson...I cant find any of Fiocca...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIoJ1LQZ_o&feature=PlayList&p=5BCE4E890B7CE090&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBlC5eRNbyU&feature=PlayList&p=5BCE4E890B7CE090&index=26

I take that comment about her fitness back...she clearly moves well (being a 5 star and winning matches on ITFs) Im friends with Mills and she said Bisharat played amazing and made like no errors and went up 4-0 in a blink of an eye...clearly Carson was where coaches saw potential in Bisharat

Wish I knew more info on Fiocca...she was top 150 on tennis recruit (as Xan Riley and other young USA girls traveling)

gouci
Sep 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Gouci.... :worship: ... you find everything

Where did you pull those Santa Clara to Cal Poly moves.... PROPS my friend.... you have more sources than ESPN
Nice to see someone appreciating my work. :lol:
But I can't reveal how I do it because I consider it one of my handful of trade secrets. :tape:

What is going on at Santa Clara? :confused:
Half of last year's starting line-up, #3, #5 & #6 singles, have disappeared from the program.

At first I wondered why the Cal Poly coach would take in 2 star Courtney Hull. But looking at her record last season Hull defeated both Steffi Wong and Shannon Brady of Cal Poly. That must have left a good impression of Hull on the Cal Poly coach.

My impression was Jocelyn Davis is just as good or even better than Ashley Pane and Courtney Hull. So why bring in 2 transfers on the same level as Davis instead of giving the walk-on Davis a scholarship? That leads me to wonder if Davis will be at Cal Poly this season or if she has transferred somewhere else to accept a scholarship.

USTennisfan
Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Speaking of Bisharat, she beat Asia Muhammad today at the 75K in New Mexico 7-6(4), 6-5 Ret. She must have some kind of game to take Asia regardless of the late retirement.

gouci
Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Speaking of Bisharat, she beat Asia Muhammad today at the 75K in New Mexico 7-6(4), 6-5 Ret. She must have some kind of game to take Asia regardless of the late retirement.
Bisharat defeated Muhammad who was the #1 seed in qualifying and has a current WTA ranking of #390. :worship::worship::worship:

Bisharat UCI's new #1 singles? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So who does Bisharat play next? :bounce:

form
Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Or maybe she gets bigger eyes.. or decides to delay her start to finish the spring and summer to start next fall.... see if a bigger dog will come hunting?

Just a thought... both Hoffpauir and Colffer successfully delayed as long as possible to then get 'bigger' offers than they were receiving at first.

gouci
Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Or maybe she gets bigger eyes.. or decides to delay her start to finish the spring and summer to start next fall.... see if a bigger dog will come hunting? Form if you wish it then it won't happen. You're not that lucky! :nerner:

Actually Bisharat starting in the Spring was just MY assumption because she wasn't entered in the Riviera. According to a source Bisharat is already registered at UCI. Bisharat may begin playing this fall the opposite of what you were wishing for. :haha:

form
Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Wow, graduated a year early or was she originally a 2009 grad?

I'd have to say UCI should win the league.

tennisbuddy12
Sep 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
So Noelle Hickey told me she wasnt academically happy...She said if you have your major then its great (shes switching majots at UCLA). She is starting at UCLA in January and is back home taking classes to improve her GPA. I think its a great decision for her. She loved the tennis program at Tech but the academics didnt click with her so UCLA should be a great fit for her.

form
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:00 AM
UCLA's got 8...how is she 9 on ride?