PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Rd 1: Erakovic vs Krajicek

ASP0315
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:11 AM
H2Hs
Erakovic leads 1-0
2008 MIAMI HARD (O) R64 M. ERAKOVIC 6-2 3-6 6-2

Most recently Erakovic has been in hot form winning a challenger event in Surbiton and reachin semi-finals in Birmingham. Her total grass record this season.(including challengers and Qualies wins) is 13-2. (MD grass record 5-2.)

In the meantime the defending Wimbledon quaterfinalist, Krajicek returned from her 12 match losing slump by reaching rd 2 in birmingham.(def poutchek, lost to Wickmayer.) and she also reached QF in rosmalen.(def sugiyama saving a mp. def sania mirza and lost to tanasugarn.).Her overall record on grass this season is 3-2

Who will win in this blockbuster match up.?

Pasta-Na
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
interesting match :p

kittyking
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:27 AM
Misa was a Quarterfinalist in Wimbledon, and if she doesn't win her first round match then her ranking will absolutely plummet!

Hope Marina can pull of this one, not sure if she will though....

LUVMIRZA
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
Erakovic. But Misa could get inspired and defeat her!

vw.
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:58 AM
Hope Marina can pull of this one, not sure if she will though....

I don't understand, you get so confident that she will give Venus a run for her money in Miami and feel like she has a chance against Jelena in Paris (which she gave a real good fight in), yet you don't think she can beat Misa? :shrug:

I know they're doubles partners, but Marina takes this one easily.

Vincey!
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:01 AM
That's such a cruel match :sad:....but I think Erakovic will win that, Misa has been playing well on grass, but Marina did better !!!

kittyking
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:12 AM
I don't understand, you get so confident that she will give Venus a run for her money in Miami and feel like she has a chance against Jelena in Paris (which she gave a real good fight in), yet you don't think she can beat Misa? :shrug:

I know they're doubles partners, but Marina takes this one easily.

Not sure if you understood what I said in my post.
I was sure that Marina would put in a good showing against Venus and Jelena Jankovic, and she did. In the post that you referred to what I meant was that I hope that she could pull off the win, but I don't think it will be easy by any means! We disagree with each other on what sort of scoreline we think it will be, but I hope your right! :yeah:

vw.
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:24 AM
Not sure if you understood what I said in my post.
I was sure that Marina would put in a good showing against Venus and Jelena Jankovic, and she did. In the post that you referred to what I meant was that I hope that she could pull off the win, but I don't think it will be easy by any means! We disagree with each other on what sort of scoreline we think it will be, but I hope your right! :yeah:

I just think that if you believe Marina can put a good showing against a top 10 player (which she did vs Jelena), I would think that you'd be totally confident in terms of a win against a player like Misa, who isn't at her best. Of course, you don't want to sound cocky and jinx her, right? :p

mckyle.
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:25 AM
This match is the most exciting 1st round match.

kittyking
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:27 AM
I just think that if you believe Marina can put a good showing against a top 10 player (which she did vs Jelena), I would think that you'd be totally confident in terms of a win against a player like Misa, who isn't at her best. Of course, you don't want to sound cocky and jinx her, right? :p

There is a big difference between putting up a good fight, and being a heavy favourite...................oh fine, your correct in the last sentence :lol:

blumaroo
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:27 AM
If Erakovic serves well she should win.
I foresee a lot of aces in this match (from both players).

alwayshingis
Jun 21st, 2008, 03:28 AM
Krajicek takes this, I think.

And it appears I am the only one.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:11 AM
I think taking into account current form Marina is the favourite. But I wouldn't say it's a sure thing. The two players are friends and often doubles partners, including this week, and a lot will depend on how they both deal with an awkward unfortunate draw which I'm sure neither of them would have wanted. They are both professionals but it is never easy playing your friend/doubles partner. The fact that Marina has made such a habit of winning is very much in her favour however.

DutchieGirl
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM

I think so too. They did play 2ce in juniors. I think both on grass, and Misa won both matches. Yeah, it was a time ago, but Marina hasn't actually been serving that well this week so...we'll see.

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Tough first match Misa :scared:

bavaria86
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hopefully Marina:bounce::bounce:
though i like misa!

scottsue
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM

Krajicek will win I think. I agree with you.

Shepster
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Most recently Erakovic has been in hot form winning a challenger event in Surbiton. Her total grass record this season.(including challengers and Qualies wins) is 13-2. (MD grass record 5-2.)

In the meantime the defending Wimbledon quaterfinalist, Krajicek returned from her 12 match losing slump by reaching rd 2 in birmingham.(def poutchek, lost to Wickmayer.) and she also reached QF in rosmalen.(def sugiyama saving a mp. def sania mirza and lost to tanasugarn.).Her overall record on grass this season is 3-2

Who will win in this blockbuster match up.?
I hate to say it, but Marina. I'm amazed Sania even won a match in Holland, the week before in Birmingham (actually, against Marina :D) she was extremely tentative and was going for nothing on her forehand. Wrist injuries like that usually mean the confidence to go for your shots normally doesn't come for a month or two, so I don't see Misa beating Sania as a sign of particularly good form. Losing to Wickmayer the week before though is no disgrace at all, she's the type of player who asks questions of bigger players and if you can't answer them she will push you all the way.

Marina though has shown she's on about an Alona level right now (1-1 against her, winning 3 sets and losing 2) and given Misa's overall and specific form I'd have to favour Erakovic.

ASP0315
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:44 AM
I hate to say it, but Marina. I'm amazed Sania even won a match in Holland, the week before in Birmingham (actually, against Marina :D) she was extremely tentative and was going for nothing on her forehand. Wrist injuries like that usually mean the confidence to go for your shots normally doesn't come for a month or two, so I don't see Misa beating Sania as a sign of particularly good form. Losing to Wickmayer the week before though is no disgrace at all, she's the type of player who asks questions of bigger players and if you can't answer them she will push you all the way.

Marina though has shown she's on about an Alona level right now (1-1 against her, winning 3 sets and losing 2) and given Misa's overall and specific form I'd have to favour Erakovic.

exactly correct.

Ballbasher
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
Misa she'll be inspired by her last year's performance I hope

Erakovic
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:02 AM
Marina was a match up, a set up and a break up against Alona, before losing fortunately.

Marina in 3 I hope.

SoClose
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Erakovic 6;1 6;3.

Elwin.
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
What a match :sobbing:

I like both:D but i think Misa will win this. in 3 sets

InsideOut.
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Marina wins 7-5 5-7 8-6.

Sharapowerr
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Doesn t matter who will win they both suck

kittyking
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM

Yes Misa does have a boyfriend, so if she sucks then that's pretty normal (infact if she didn't then I would be even more worried!)

Dawson.
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:30 PM
erakovic 6-4, 6-4

kittyking
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Bet365 current odds for this match

Marina - 1.83
Misa - 1.83

They agree with me, they think it will be a very close match :)

DutchieGirl
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see you make the top 50 of anything that's worldwide then. :tape:

starin
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:05 PM

krajicek made the QF last year and Erakovic w/ her serve could prolly cause an upset on the grass. So I think it does matter.

I think Krajicek 76 67 86

KV
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:08 PM
Misa in 3 sets

Highlandman
Krajicek will win. 6-3,4-6,6-3.

Uranium

sharapova sucks:)

Erakovic will win in 3

pav
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Yes Misa does have a boyfriend, so if she sucks then that's pretty normal (infact if she didn't then I would be even more worried!)
That is all well and good, but do they swap clothes:confused:

ASP0315
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM

no you suck.
and your girl sharapova sucks even bad. ;)

Lennval
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Marina will win in a thriller match

ASP0315
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
bump

kittyking
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
That is all well and good, but do they swap clothes:confused:

Miss Misa Boy Shorts :lol:

wtatourfan
Jun 22nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Tough match for Misa, but hopefully she will win in 3s.