PDA

View Full Version : Odds of an all Williams Final

it-girl
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Venus and Serena are in opposite sides of the draw and playing on their favorite surface (Venus for sure). They both look fitter and stronger (especially Venus) as much as I love Ana and respect many of the other players on tour this is the only outcome that I see happening.

sasha&tennis
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM
Venus and Serena are in opposite sides of the draw and playing on their favorite surface (Venus for sure). They both look fitter and stronger (especially Venus) as much as I love Ana and respect many of the other players on tour this is the only outcome that I see happening.
I was thinking the exact same thing. It almost seems like guaranteed money in the bank with Venus winning it all.

In The Zone
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Every time they are on opposite sides, we get excited. :lol:

Let's take it one match at a time, remember Srebotnik and Pennetta? :(

But I am liking the chances. :D

Harvs
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:10 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. It almost seems like guaranteed money in the bank with Venus winning it all.

lol.

pav
Couldn't imagine anything worse!

Chunchun
Be realistic :tape: It's not 2002 or 2003 anymore. They can lose on any day. IT could happen, but I wouldn't say a Williams final is a "guarantee" :tape:

Uranium
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:11 AM
Couldn't imagine anything worse!

Maria vs. Ana would be 1000000000 times worse:o

VeeJJ
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:30 AM
it's very possible, i hope Venus comes out on top this time though.

Tech1
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Good luck Williams Sisters!

Expat
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:32 AM
serena has a relatively better chance to reach the final
venus :tape:

tennnisfannn
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
venus has to get past cavaday first,remeber last year rd 3 against nakumara or someone where she was 3/5 down, i cannot bear to watch Venus she is such a shocker!!q

Renalicious
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:40 AM
^ Not Nakamura, Morigami.

It's possible but I wouldn't put my money on it...the girls have a tendency to let expectations slip (Australian Open, French Open this year) so I'm not really sure, but I definitely hope it will happen.

ASP0315
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:41 AM
very very slim.(even though grass is thier favorite surface.)
i have feeling that one of the sisters will be taking the flight home early.(most probably serena, her draw looks bit tough.)
Venus shouldn't have much problems in her sections.(she has good chance of reaching finals.)

kwilliams
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:15 AM
I hope so. They've both got a decent draw for the first time in a while. I don't know if they will but I know that they should. Only Sharapova can be rated as highly as them on grass and even then Sharapova is the weekest of the three on this surface. I really hope we get another all Williams final! If it's going to happen again it should happen at Wimbledon.

gmokb
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:46 AM
As I have been waiting for another all Williams final I would be thrilled. However, I have a feeling that there will never been another one. Hopefully they will prove me wrong. I only hope at least one of them wins the title.

Jarrett
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Prolly 0%, although I think it would be a nice change of pace.

Tennisstar86
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:46 AM
serena has a relatively better chance to reach the final
venus :tape:

Why is that....? :rolleyes:
In the previous 4 Grandslams:

Serena 3rd round Venus 3rd round
Serena Quarters Venus Quarters
Serena Quarters Venus Semifinals
Serena Quarters Venus Winner

sasha&tennis
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM

Some people laughed at me when I made this statement but I knew that this would happen. It is just hard to shake that knowing feeling that I have had during this entire tournament. The thing is that most people don't want to admitt certain things because they want to support their favorite players no matter what. But at the French Open I knew that Venus would not make it past the 3rd round. I was real with myself and when the 3rd round came she did not make it. But I also knew while the French Open was still showing that she would come to Wimbledon & win her 5th championship here & her 7th career slam. Congratulations to Venus Williams the 2008 Wimbledon Ladies Singles Champion.:)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
very very slim.(even though grass is thier favorite surface.)
i have feeling that one of the sisters will be taking the flight home early.(most probably serena, her draw looks bit tough.)
Venus shouldn't have much problems in her sections.(she has good chance of reaching finals.)

Prolly 0%, although I think it would be a nice change of pace.

:wavey:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Every time they are on opposite sides, we get excited. :lol:

Let's take it one match at a time, remember Srebotnik and Pennetta? :(

But I am liking the chances. :D

EXACTLY everytime I know they are on the opposite sides no matter who's in their draws...I ALWYAS see a potential All Williams final because I know the quality of tennis my babies can produce! :worship:

Chance
Jul 4th, 2008, 03:00 PM
But did you put a bet on them??