PDA

View Full Version : I like Linday's chances.

LINDZFAN!!!!!!!!
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Who else thinks lindsay has a great chance of winning? Since 2000, she's played five times, and lost to Venus four times. Venus isn't in great form, but we all know it doesn't seem to matter at Wimbledon. Her other loss was to Maria, but she had the upper hand in that match, before the rain and just didn't try in the third set. The only other player I think can beat her on grass is Serena. Serena played terribly at the french, and she isn't anywhere near as good as Venus on grass.

No other player will beat her. Elena and Jelena have absolutely no chance whatsoever of beating Lindsay on grass, and Ana has a very minute chance. Lindsay's guaranteed of the quarters, health permitting.

Craig.
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Nice first post. A bit delusional, but nice.

slamchamp
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I wonder why, after reading your username

IanRadi
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM
If Lindsay is 100% fit and recovered from that knee injury, I'm sure she'll go far this year in Wimbledon. :yeah: We all know she's talented enough to make it. ;)

wtatourfan
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:35 PM
She will lose in quarters to Sharapova!

In The Zone
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:28 AM
^^ agreed.

And it is not about how people have played coming into this. It's about matchups. Elena and Dinara are a good matchup for Lindsay, but Maria and Venus are not. QF finish.

Uranium
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:30 AM
Lindsay is injured

danieln1
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:38 AM
It will all depends on her knee: if it´s fine, then she´ll reach QF, if it´s not, she´ll lose early
Even as a die hard Lindsay fan I don´t think she´ll win wimbledon and I will be more than happy to see her playing

The Daviator
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM
I'm not optimistic about Linday's chances to tell you the truth, I don't think she'll make it past the first round sadly :(

Lindsay however will at least make the QFs :angel:

Craig.
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:52 AM
I'm not optimistic about Linday's chances to tell you the truth, I don't think she'll make it past the first round sadly :(

:lol: Smartass ;)

VeeJJ
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:34 AM
she hs decent chances, if she can beat Sharapova then we'll talk championship.

LINDZFAN!!!!!!!!
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:34 AM

I know. I'm not optimistic about Lindsay beating Maria.

Lindsay will however perform a repeat of the 2005 Indian Wells semi-final, however.

LINDZFAN!!!!!!!!
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
^^ agreed.

And it is not about how people have played coming into this. It's about matchups. Elena and Dinara are a good matchup for Lindsay, but Maria and Venus are not. QF finish.

I agree. That's why Lndsay leads Venus in their head-to-head, and has double bagelled Maria. :rolleyes:

Slutati
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:47 AM
I think she'll lose to Safina.

serena williams
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:17 AM
it's depend on her knee

If she 100% now she can reach at least QF

and If she face Sharapova It will be interesting match-up!!

young_gunner913
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:18 AM
I doubt she's fully recovered. Lena will take her out.

LINDZFAN!!!!!!!!
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:27 AM
I doubt she's fully recovered. Lena will take her out.

:spit: I like Elena, bu :help: And what's more, you have Lindsay in your signature.

Calypso
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:29 AM
No other player will beat her. Elena and Jelena have absolutely no chance whatsoever of beating Lindsay on grass, and Ana has a very minute chance. Lindsay's guaranteed of the quarters, health permitting.

Health is key for Linzi. If she can stay fit and play like we know she can, she has good chances against anyone.

Dodoboy.
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:10 AM
If she can get to the QFs IMO she has a great chance against Maria if she is 100% fit or close to it. But from what i hear she is injured so tough luck.

She should be able to get past Elena :)

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Nice first post. A bit delusional, but nice.

A bit? :lol:

Craig.
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:46 PM
A bit? :lol:

You know what I meant ;)

Matt01
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
You know what I meant ;)

Yep ;)

Il Primo!
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:58 PM
She's not even sure to beat Dinara.

The Daviator
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:25 PM
She's not even sure to beat Dinara.

Friggin Tanasugarn just beat her straights dude :lol:

Il Primo!
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Friggin Tanasugarn just beat her straights dude :lol:

I know but Lindsay..Blah. Don't trust her anymore:o And Safina surely underrated Tammy, she won't do this mistake with Davy:p