(12) Schnyder vs. Dellacqua
Amanmuradova vs. Parmentier
Stosur vs. Olaru
Ondraskova vs. (18) Vaidisova

(27) Razzano vs. Rodina
Llogestera Vives vs. Vesnina
Meusburger vs. Gallovits
Dubois vs. (8) Chakvetadze

Nicole couldn't have asked for a better draw given her seeding. Ivanovic is the top seed in this section. To get Schnyder and Chakvetadze as the top players in your section, that's pretty lucky. Although, Stosur in the 2nd round is tricky. If Nicole was in good form this would be a dream path to another QF at least. We'll see how she handles this draw realistically.

Good luck Nicole! :)

Sexysova
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I agree.. she has a good shot.. I watched Stosur today and she's pretty beatable, also Nicole has already beaten her on all surfaces.. though grass is probably the best surface for Stosur..

for sure I will take it match-by-match... I hope she beats Ondraskova, she really should do it..

COME ON NICOLE!!! :bounce:

Sharapower8
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Goooooo girl !! :rocker2::rocker2: Show us what you've done in Birmmingham back !

Rod the Bama
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Well let me just say that i hope that Nikki can get a win at Wimbledon. With the way she has been playing lately, that is how far my expectations of her has fallen. Of course another win or two would be a nice bonus.

Krysteo
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
° Good Luck Nicole ! :bounce:

Derek.
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Nicole plays first tomorrow on Court 19.

Good luck!

Sexysova
Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
COME ON! :bounce:

Derek.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
6-2 6-2 win for Nicole! :D

Now probably against Stosur.

Princeza
Jun 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Yes :banana:
http://i26.tinypic.com/wb7xp2.jpg

Sexysova
Jun 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
YAY!! :D :woohoo:

COME ON you can beat her, she isn't that great and Nicole has already beaten her on all surfaces, COME ON!!!

Rod the Bama
Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Very good win for Nikki. :clap2: I`m surprised that she won so easily, which is a nice change of pace. :D This is a great start for her. Hopefully it will be a nice confidence booster for her.

Michael_21
Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
well done nikki Exellent win but a tough match next with sam stosur playing some good tennis good luck in the next round :D

RsaibotD
Jun 24th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Nicole leads 5-0 against stosur :cool:
2006 SYDNEY 6-4 4-6 6-1
2006 STANFORD 6-4 6-2
2006 MOSCOW 6-4 6-1
2007 FRENCH OPEN 6-4 6-4
2007 EASTBOURNE 3-6 6-4 6-4

Good luck Nikki :)

dulkogii
Jun 24th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Finally win!

Good luck niki!

Danči Dementia
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Well Done Nicole!!!!

Keep Going please you can do it!!!!!

VAMOS!!!!!!!!!

Sexysova
Jun 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
quotes for Czech press after the match :)

"After a long time I feel that everything works during the trainings as it should work. Also I showed it in the match."

"I'm glad. I haven't played Zuzana before so I didn't know what to expect."

"It's nice to win, I enjoy it but it's nothing special, no euphory."

(about Felgate) "His methods are other, he looks at the game more tactical than technical."

"I didn't check the rankings, I don't care about rankings too much."

Spiritof42
Jun 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM
A good win, even though Ondraskova is not exactly part of the WTA elite. ;)
The serving stats are pretty impressive :cool:
Go Nicole!

Sexysova
Jun 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
our channel shows Nicole tomorrow :banana:

COME ON!!! GOOD LUCK!!! POJDMEEE!!!!! :bounce: :kiss:

Sharapower8
Jun 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
our channel shows Nicole tomorrow :banana:

COME ON!!! GOOD LUCK!!! POJDMEEE!!!!! :bounce: :kiss:

Lucky you :sad:

Danči Dementia
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
dIS ANYONE HERE SAW THE MATCH???

How did she play????

The last Nicole match I saw live was the QF against Ana win wimbedon.....:help::sad:
I only have the chance to see female tennis live in the Slams....

Danči Dementia
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM
That is why I love the internet videos

HowardH
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Come on Nicole! From 6-2 to 0-6 0-3... please!

HowardH
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Okay, she won a game! Now here comes the fightback.

HowardH
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
3-3! Now here comes the business end of the match.

HowardH
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Nicole breaks for 4-3. I think the fact that Sam has never beaten her is helping her mentally now.

Vaidisova
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Nicole wins 62 06 64... Seemed like she was her on way to losing 62 06 06! Nice turnaround...

HowardH
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Nicole won!:bounce::) I was worried in the middle there.

Derek.
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Crazy match, but great job turning it around, Nicole! :banana:

I'm glad to see you still fighting! :hug:

Good luck in the next round! :)

Sexysova
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
well done NICOLE!!!! :sobbing: :bigcry: :bounce: :kiss: :woohoo:

Lunaris
Jun 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM
So did Nicole fight or Stosur choked it away?

Derek.
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM

She fought. :angel:

Rod the Bama
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Good comeback win by Nikki. :clap2: I was really worried there for a while, but i`m glad that she finally snapped out of it and came back to win six of the last seven games in the third set to win the match. So it was a good performance, except for the second set, for Nikki. This is a much needed win for her.

Sexysova
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Nicole fought hard to get back and play brilliantly

Tennace
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
So i watched it all from 2-0 in the first, Nicole played a good first 7 games and a good last 7 games, and that was all she needed to win it apparently :tape: She tried for the rest of the match but she sucked, with the exception of 0-4 and 0-5 in the 2nd set where she clearly tanked those 2 games. If she plays like the first or last 7 games, then she can easily beat Dellacqua, if not it will be tough for her.

The morons in GM are clueless. Some of them are saying Nicole tanked 5 games and stuff ridiculous like that when she clearly didn't.

Sexysova
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
QUOTES AFTER THE MATCH

"A win is a win and it doesn't depend on how you win."

"Definitely it was an up and down match, I played a great tennis in the first set but then I stopped playing well. But the most important is that I won and that I managed to turn the final set."

(after the first set) "I think I stopped to play in the first two games and I missed them. I thought it will be easier but she played really well then."

"It was very important that I stayed calm and that I fought for every point."

Sexysova
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
http://vaidisova-nicole.com/statistics/wimbledon/vsstosur.jpg

Danči Dementia
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
QUOTES AFTER THE MATCH

"A win is a win and it doesn't depend on how you win."

."

:dance:
:worship:

Yay Nikki!!!!!!!

I want to see her playing soooo badly......please ESPN show something you bastards :armed:

RsaibotD
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Here ESPN only showed the last game of the second set:tape:..... now 3rd Round !!!!:eek:.... Do your best Nikki ;)

Nadie
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Nicole :yeah: two wins in a row :smoke:
please keep it up :bounce:

:scratch: she is also playing mixed doubles with Dlouhy

Sexysova
Jun 26th, 2008, 05:16 AM
:scratch: she is also playing mixed doubles with Dlouhy

YEP! :hearts:

I like Lukas a lot, he's a fantastic doubles player :) and he went to support Nicole in the match against Stosur ;)

seriously I think they have chance at least for the 2nd round because if it will be as Kveta/Nicole.. I mean.. if Lukas will lead Nicole what she should do I think it could be great.. as in FED CUP where Kveta was a leader.. :drool:

sanyiszucs
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Wimbledon 2008 round 2 (http://members.upclive.hu/sanyiszucs/index_files/Nicole_Vaidisova.htm#nv1)

Sexysova
Jun 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
post-match interview for Czech press on my site :)

Sexysova
Jun 26th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Wimbledon 2008 round 2 (http://members.upclive.hu/sanyiszucs/index_files/Nicole_Vaidisova.htm#nv1)

great quality :yeah:

please upload the match asap ;) :wavey:

Vaidisova
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Nicole won 62 64:)

Sexysova
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm so happy :sobbing:

keep up your great form from today please!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Princeza
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
This is sooo good. Keep it up Nikki :hearts:

Derek.
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Great job, Nicole! :worship:

Solid performance. :D

Sharapower8
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:25 PM
She'll play Chakvetadze. Tough match. I'm not sure about who will win :rolleyes:

Vaidisova
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
N. Vaidisova Inteview - Day 5

Friday, 27 June 2008

Nicole Vaidisova def. Cassy Dellacqua 6-2, 6-4

Q. How did you see the match today?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Definitely played a great match. I was unlucky to go off the court because of the rain. Started really well off after the rain delay, which was very good. So I can be only happy with my match today.

Q. The rain didn't affect your concentration?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No. It's always tough being in the lead, coming back after an hour or so. But I think I handled it very well.

Q. Justin Gimelstob, in some comments a couple days ago, described you as a very well developed young lady. He wasn't talking about your backhand. Do you have any sort of comment on what he said?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I have briefly seen it. I mean, I know Justin. He's a very nice guy. I heard he apologized for it. I think it's just you say something and you don't really mean it. It happens.

Q. You don't find it disrespectful at all?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Well, the thing, Justin, I know his sense of humor a little bit. I know he kind of talks like that a little bit. So I can cut him some slack.

Q. Did you do anything special during the rain break?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I just sat down with my coach, talked a little bit about the match, put my iPod on, went on the bike and just tried to concentrate.

Q. Rain breaks don't disturb you or make you nervous?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, I didn't try to talk or chitchat. I just tried to focus and be ready to go when we were called.

Q. You had a fairly bad run during the clay court season. Do you feel like your form's coming back now?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Definitely. Like I said, I made some changes in my team, a new coach. The changes needed some time. It doesn't come overnight, so I'm definitely happy it's paying off and I'm showing some progress.

Q. How do you feel different, compared to when you weren't playing as well?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I'm a pretty positive person, so I always kind of believe it's going to come back eventually. But obviously I'm very happy with myself, with the effort I've been putting into it.

Q. How do you know it's coming back? Are there particular shots?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: No, I just feel overall my game is good and I feel confident with my game.

Q. With so many sports going on, of course there's the Euro tournament, soccer at the moment. But tennis has one aspect where it's player against player. What goes through your mind about that direct competition?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I always like to be an individual player. I did some team sports, like basketball, but I never really got into it as much. So I like to be there by myself doing my own decisions, just playing for myself.

Q. Why? What appeals to you about that direct competition and what goes through your mind as you're across from an opponent?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I don't really think about it like that. I'm used to it. I've been playing like that for 15 years. I just like the challenge, that it's right there. It's just one on one. You're not a part of a team. You do your own decisions. You do what you want to do.

Q. Do you feel like you're slightly off the radar? Three or four years ago you made a big breakthrough, everybody was talking about you. Now you come here this year, maybe not so high profile. Does that help you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, I think it's good. If you're a young player coming up, you have so much pressure to do well. But like this, I just do my own thing. I work hard. I have my family here. So far it's been very good. Very laid back. Been enjoying it.

Q. What was your reaction to Sharapova's match yesterday?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I haven't seen it. I wasn't on the courts any more, so I haven't seen it.

Q. The mental side of playing against one opponent, what do you think about your opponent when you're going through a match and how does that direct competition affect the way you approach a game?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Well, obviously when I know who I'm playing, I talk with my coach about the way she plays. I mean, we know each other on the tour by now, so we kind of know what some weaknesses are, some strengths, so you kind of prepare for that, just have it in the back of your mind.

Q. What are the best things that David Felgate has helped you with?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I think just the different approach than I've been used to. He's a very positive guy, very patient. It's just exciting, you know, to do it a little differently. It's a good challenge I think for both of us.

Q. Are you surprised he's helped turn things around, that he could come in like that and make a difference?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Well, that's what I was hoping for. I didn't think I'm going to have a new coach just to, you know, go through. But I definitely respect David and I'm very excited about it.

RsaibotD
Jun 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'm loving this wimby :hearts:..... she got a good win & revenge:).... go for the quarters Nicole!

Rod the Bama
Jun 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Another good win for Nikki. :clap2: I`m very pleased with not only how she played, but the poise she showed in the match. It was great to see her play with coolness and get some payback in the process. :devil: I`m also glad that Nikki won her mixed doubles too, which is a nice added bonus. :clap2: It`s nice to see one of my favorite coming through for a change at Wimbledon.

Danči Dementia
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:23 AM
yay Nicole :yippee:
Anna wil be a though match but Anna has been struglin lately......I think Nicole will win

Danči Dementia
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM
She'll play Chakvetadze. Tough match. I'm not sure about who will win :rolleyes:

Anna hasnīt been playing great latly....lot of up and downs.........she seems to be vulnerable atm.

Nicole will win :worship:

Danči Dementia
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:26 AM
:o sorry-.........I posted twice

Sharapower8
Jun 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Monday :

COURT 1 - START AT 1 PM (WIMBLEDON TIME)

1. Nicole Vaidisova(18) vs. Anna Chakvetadze(8)
2. Mikhail Youzhny(17) vs. Rafael Nadal(2)
3. Marat Safin vs. Stanislas Wawrinka(13)

Pojdme Nicole ! :bounce:

Sexysova
Jun 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
POJDME!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Nadie
Jun 29th, 2008, 05:37 PM
:rocker2: Pojdme Nicole :bounce: :bounce:

dulkogii
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Great job Niki!

you are come back!

Princeza
Jun 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Go Nikki, you're my last hope here :sad:

Vaidisova
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Nicole wins 46 76 63 :bounce:

Sexysova
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sobbing: :kiss: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Princeza
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Great comeback!but :help: at the break point conversion
Damn the Zheng is good :scared:

Rod the Bama
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Nice comeback win Nikki! :clap2: She rebounded nicely after the first set. It`s so great that she`s back in a Grand Slam quarterfinal. :D Hopefully she can keep it going against Zhang. BTW ESPN sucks ass for hardly showing the match at all. :mad: :rolleyes:

Lunaris
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Congrats on taking advantage of this easy draw, even though todays performance was far from perfect. Usual offenders two-handed backhand and ROS made their presence heard once again (Nicole's 1st BP came late in 2nd set, until then she had been harmless on return).
Anyway, considering Nicole's current situation and sucky form, she has done pretty well to defend her points from the last year. I am happy for her, it's good for her confidence.
Zheng will be tough, Nicole needs to have a good match backhand-wise.

Vaidisova
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Nicole has defended her points here and now has nothing to defend until US Open (and only 3R there).

Sexysova
Jun 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Nicole has defended her points here and now has nothing to defend until US Open (and only 3R there).

yep that's cool... she needs a SF here in Wimbledon to get back into TOP 20... hope she wins tomorrow..

also she gets next TOP 10 win against Chakvetadze :)

RsaibotD
Jun 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm starting to watch the match..... :woohoo: :woohoo: amazing Nicole, I'm so Happy for her :)

HowardH
Jun 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Maybe this could be Nicole's year to win Wimby? Zheng is very solid but it really depends on how well Nicole plays. I was telling some of my family a few rounds ago that I thought she might be an outsider to win, but no one believes me heehee. I think she could be the dark horse who surprises everyone, of course the William sisters are the heavy favourites now. It would make up for the past year for her. Now don't go losing to Zheng after I've talked you up Nicole! :)

Nadie
Jun 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
:banana: Nicole :woohoo: :woohoo:

Derek.
Jun 30th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Great job, Nicole! :banana:

I'm so proud of her fighting her way to victory. :worship:

Sharapower8
Jun 30th, 2008, 07:25 PM
She was amazing. She really did a great match. I'm glad to see her back :drool:
Keep it up Nikki, don't fail :bounce:

Sharapower8
Jun 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Tomorrow :

Court 1 - 1:00 pm Start
1. Venus Williams (USA)[7] v. Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA)
2 Jie Zheng (CHN) v.Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[18]

and then :

Court 2 - 12:00 noon Start
1 Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)[9]/Leander Paes (IND)[9] v. Jonathan Erlich (ISR)[3]/Andy Ram (ISR)[3]
2 T-J Middleton (USA)/David Wheaton (USA) v. Mark Petchey (GBR)/Chris Wilkinson (GBR)
3 Julian Knowle (AUT)[6]/Yung-Jan Chan (TPE)[6] v. T.B.D /
4 Igor Andreev (RUS)/Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v. Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)/Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)

:drool::drool::bounce::bounce:

Vaidisova
Jun 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM
N. Vaidisova Interview - 30 June

Monday, 30 June 2008

Nicole Vaidisova def. Anna Chakvetadze 4-6, 7-6, 6-3

Q. You've had a pretty tough year. Do you feel like maybe you've turned a corner here this week?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, I'm definitely very, very excited. Playing here in the quarters last year and being back here just feels very good.

Q. What do you feel that you still need to do to get back to that top-ten level?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: I think I'm working on it. I'm just practicing every day, getting better, and communicating with my coach, and just I think working in general a lot. So I think it's finally paying off.

Q. What do you think the turning point today was for you?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Definitely the tiebreaker. I played a great tiebreaker. I think that kind of got her down.

Q. She said that you were quite lucky in the number of net cords that you had. Do you feel that luck was on your side, or is that just something that someone who loses says?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Well, it's tennis. One of the players always hits the net once in a while. I just think, yeah, of course, luck was a little bit on my side today. But I don't think I won because of a net cord.

Q. You seemed to be a little bit more calm on the court. Do you think that's a fair comment?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, I was just very excited to come out there and play. I've never played on Court 1, and just enjoyed being in the second week of Wimbledon.

Q. What are your thoughts on your next opponent, Jie Zheng? She's knocked out some pretty good people.

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Yeah, she's a great player. I saw her a little bit playing last week. She hasn't played for a while. So it's the quarterfinals, so it's definitely going to be an easy (sic) match.

dulkogii
Jun 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Niki !:hearts:

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:11 AM
yay Nicole :banana: :yippee:

I´m really happy :dance:

redk
Jul 1st, 2008, 07:36 AM
With Sharapova,Ivanovic and Jankovic gone Nicole is the only reason I'm still following the tournament at all. Hopefully she can keep it up.

Spiritof42
Jul 1st, 2008, 08:38 AM
So Nicole has somehow managed to defend last year's points and is actually in a pretty good position to go one step further. Who would have thought? :D

I thought her attitude was pretty good during that match (while Anna completely lost it late in the 2nd set :tape:)

I see our local prophet of doom has lately been conspicuous by his absence. :lol: :wavey:

Keep winning Nikki!

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
This isn't a very good start for Nicole. Zheng has a better rhythm than her right now and is returning well. Nicole is being pushed around by Zheng's accurate placement at the moment. 2-0 40-0 to Zheng.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Okay, now Nicole is finding a little rhythm. Chance to break back. Both a little tight right now, missing lots of shots.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Come on Nicole!!!!

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Well, Nicole has a real fight on her hands. Zheng is taking it early and timing and placing it well, which is bothering Nicole a little. Nicole is starting to hit her big shots well though, which is hurting Zheng now. One break down, 2-4.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM
5-2 down. Nicole is returning aggressively but Zheng is doing a good job of absorbing the power and redirecting it. I think Nicole will have to play very well to win this. Zheng is forcing Nicole to prove herself in order to win.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:55 PM
6-2 2-1 down. Good hold from Nicole at the beginning of the set, that was crucial. Zheng going behind Vaidisova and generally placing the ball awkwardly for Nicole. I think Nicole can win, but she will have to play really good tennis. She needs to make her power pay off. Nicole getting frustrated a little. She can't go straight through Zheng, she needs to place her attacks well enough.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Nicole has the break now, 3-2. Zheng missed a couple of shots (Nicole needs some more of that) and misjudged a floating Vaidisova forehand that dropped in the corner. Zheng still returning well though. Nicole needs good serves.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wow, 2 great returns off second serves for Zheng to break back, 3-3. Nicole needs those big first serves. She also needs to angle Zheng off court I think. If Nicole doesn't get another break soon the pressure may prove too much for her towards the end of this set.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
A great forehand down the line from Nicole to bring up break point, but when she tries it again, on the run, the next 2 points from slightly deeper positions, Zheng is waiting for it and angles it crosscourt for winners. Nicole lack of footspeed is affecting her here. She really needs to hold at 3-4.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:16 PM
4-4. Boy Zheng is hitting the ball well. She's even ripping a few flat shots to attack Nicole. Her serve saved her in that game.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
An easy hold for Zheng- too many missed shots from Nicole. Nicole serving to stay in the match at 4-5. This won't be easy, but if she can hold somehow, and then threaten to break... She needs first serves.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Nicole got the break, 6-5 up, with great aggressive returning and an uncharacteristic volley error from Zheng, who has been volleying beautifully up till now.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:31 PM
She won the seocnd set :woohoo:

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
Nicole wins the second set 7-5, a bit of a struggle, deuce game. I think Zheng is starting to miss a bit more now. Nicole needs that. But Nicole is fighting well in a difficult match. Zheng's footspeed and taking the ball early makes her a real handful on grass for someone who moves a little slower like Nicole.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
I´m finally watching Nicole playing!!!! :) :yippee:

Come on Nicole!!!

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
At the 1-1 game, Nicole gets Zheng down 0-30 but 4 missed returns. :(

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Now Nicole has lost her serve, down 1-3, a few too many missed groundies there. Now it's all or nothing, crunch time. The depth from Zheng is very good. Zheng hitting cleanly.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Zheng holds with an ace out wide. Nicole needs to get a strong rhythm soon or this could be all over. 1-4. Only one break, but Nicole must keep holding.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
This might be the end. Nicole faced a few break points, saved the first two with big serves out to the backhand, third time, she also landed the serve to the backhand, but missed the easy forehand. Nicole doesn't seem to have enough rhythm off the ground now. 1-5.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
:scared: :scared:................:sad:

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

anyway Nicole had a great wimledon.....I consider it to be great after what she has been trough lately

I didn´t expect her to make it this far so seen her playing well again makes me happy.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Zheng won. She got up 40-0, 3 match points, Nicole saved 2 of them with huge (but risky) hitting, but missed the return on the third match point. I think Zheng did deserve to win today, Nicole didn't play well enough at the end of the third. But this is still a lot better than the rest of the year.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
she is back I think...

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
she is back I think...

I totally agree Dani dementieva. This Wimbledon is the beginning of Nicole's return to the top, which we've all been waiting for.

Lunaris
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Nicole's backhand must be the worst backhand in the top 30. Absolutely zero control. But I didn't expect her to win anyway.

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Nicole. :sobbing:
She fought in the 2nd set only to give it away in the 3rd. :sad:

However, I can't be too upset as most of us thought she'd lose 2R to Stosur, but Zheng is extremely beatable for Nicole. :(

So many things to fix. :o
Her technique on her backhand is horrid and needs to be fixed fast. :mad: Her movement is a little better than in her past few tournaments, but still so awkward.

HowardH
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Nicole. :sobbing:
She fought in the 2nd set only to give it away in the 3rd. :sad:

However, I can't be too upset as most of us though she'd lose 2R to Stosur, but Zheng is extremely beatable for Nicole. :(

So many things to fix. :o
Her technique on her backhand is horrid and needs to be fixed fast. :mad: Her movement is a little better than in her past few tournaments, but still so awkward.

I hoped Nicole could keep it going in the third, but when she failed to break at 1-1 after having some chances (4 missed returns in a row?) and then played a poor game to be broken herself, I was afraid she might not be able to recover mentally. She did fight well in the 2nd, which is a good sign I hope.

Yes, I did think Nicole (if she plays her A game) would be able to beat Zheng, but Zheng brought her A game and Nicole about a B game. Still a great return to tennis for Nicole. Nicole's backhand is becoming too flat I think, not enough whip to get the spin, (racquet seems to tend to open too much at contact) and when she tightened up towards the end, Nicole wasn't whipping the forehand either, so there wasn't enough spin on that. When her shots get flat she either pushes it or hits a dangerous flat shot. Still, I'm overall very pleased that she is back, and will hopefully continue to be back.

Sharapower8
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
She was my last hope. She had chances but that forehand was just not good :sobbing:
Still happy with her tournamant though I'd like her to win points, not only defend them :sad:

Sexysova
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Nicole withdrew from mixed doubles, omfg!! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Princeza
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Nicole withdrew from mixed doubles, omfg!! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Is she injured?

Sexysova
Jul 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
Is she injured?

doubt it, probably upset..

bad_angel_109
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Aww she withdrew from mixed doubles. :sad: would've loved to see her play.

Corswandt
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Her technique on her backhand is horrid and needs to be fixed fast. :mad:

Easier said than done, I'm sure. Her team is well aware of all of this, yet we see very little progress. Rebuilding one's strokes from scratch must be near impossible for a pro. As I've often said before, most of these flaws probably just can't be fixed.

Movement can be worked on I guess. Stomping around the court flat footed was good enough for Davenport because of her perfect timing; for a player whose wide swings present constant timing problems, it's fatal. So, footwork drill, then footwork drill, and then some more drill.

Attitude too. Those last games of the 3rd set - Nicole has to stop playing like that. Just stop. Not even junior divas do this kind of shit anymore. She can't possibly expect to be a top 20 player with these Safarovian performances in which every second ball is a wild error and every return gets dumped into the bottom of the net. Push the ball to the middle of the court, moonball, anything but this. Zheng choked away the 2nd set, maybe she would have choked the 3rd as well.

Match against Dellacqua showed some of the stuff she's probably working on with Felgate. Played controlled aggression for the most (first time I've seen her do that consistently throughout a match since her QF against Bondarenko in Zurich last year), was seemingly making some more use of her left hand on her BH for added control and depth, also some minor adjustements to her FH, making her actual swing quicker and thus harder to read, not taking as many risks with her 2nd serve as usual to avoid DFs.

But overall she got lucky - for once - at this Wimbledon. 1R harmless scrub, 2R her bitch Stosur who duly squanders a huge lead, 3R played a flawless match - no luck there, 4R gets the most vulnerable top 10 player right now. Match against Zheng was winnable. Then that 3rd set comes along, and you think "same old shit" and wonder if any progress was made at all.

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Is it just me or were Nicole's groundies better back in 2006? :shrug:

I've been watching some her her RG 06 matches again recently and her FH seems much more reliable and she finished over her shoulder almost every time. Her footwork is much better around the ball. Her BH seems a bit more stable too.

Derek.
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Easier said than done, I'm sure. Her team is well aware of all of this, yet we see very little progress. Rebuilding one's strokes from scratch must be near impossible for a pro. As I've often said before, most of these flaws probably just can't be fixed.

Movement can be worked on I guess. Stomping around the court flat footed was good enough for Davenport because of her perfect timing; for a player whose wide swings present constant timing problems, it's fatal. So, footwork drill, then footwork drill, and then some more drill.

Attitude too. Those last games of the 3rd set - Nicole has to stop playing like that. Just stop. Not even junior divas do this kind of shit anymore. She can't possibly expect to be a top 20 player with these Safarovian performances in which every second ball is a wild error and every return gets dumped into the bottom of the net. Push the ball to the middle of the court, moonball, anything but this. Zheng choked away the 2nd set, maybe she would have choked the 3rd as well.

Match against Dellacqua showed some of the stuff she's probably working on with Felgate. Played controlled aggression for the most (first time I've seen her do that consistently throughout a match since her QF against Bondarenko in Zurich last year), was seemingly making some more use of her left hand on her BH for added control and depth, also some minor adjustements to her FH, making her actual swing quicker and thus harder to read, not taking as many risks with her 2nd serve as usual to avoid DFs.

But overall she got lucky - for once - at this Wimbledon. 1R harmless scrub, 2R her bitch Stosur who duly squanders a huge lead, 3R played a flawless match - no luck there, 4R gets the most vulnerable top 10 player right now. Match against Zheng was winnable. Then that 3rd set comes along, and you think "same old shit" and wonder if any progress was made at all.

I actually agree with you for once. :lol:

Derek.
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM

I've been watching some her her RG 06 matches again recently and her FH seems much more reliable and she finished over her shoulder almost every time. Her footwork is much better around the ball. Her BH seems a bit more stable too.

I've been thinking the same too. :help:

Her backhand definitely seemed better in 2006.
It was actually consistent and back then people actually argued it was her better shot.

Zurich last fall is when I finally saw some progress again and Sydney this year too.
She actually played thoughtful tennis when almost beating Henin and then beating Jankovic this year.

Finally she started to try to move forward during her matches, mix up her hard-hitting baseline game with a slice or a drop shot, etc.

Corswandt
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:23 PM

The higher bounce of clay helped. But the crucial factor IMO was footwork. Her swings would require consistently good footwork at the very least, while instead it has gone from "certifiedly lousy" to "barely pro level".

I've been thinking the same too. :help:

Her backhand definitely seemed better in 2006.
It was actually consistent and back then people actually argued it was her better shot.

Zurich last fall is when I finally saw some progress again and Sydney this year too.

Nicole's BH is 2006 wasn't yet at its best; she still couldn't quite move the ball around with it, and usually ended up hitting it deep DTL to wherever she happened to be facing. In 2007 her BH was actually more versatile, and she could even open angles with it. But it was always completely useless when returning serve.

BTW her return game in Sydney was already woeful. She struggled to win a single point on most of Jankovic's serve games. :help:

Derek.
Jul 8th, 2008, 12:58 AM
The higher bounce of clay helped. But the crucial factor IMO was footwork. Her swings would require consistently good footwork at the very least, while instead it has gone from "certifiedly lousy" to "barely pro level".

Nicole's BH is 2006 wasn't yet at its best; she still couldn't quite move the ball around with it, and usually ended up hitting it deep DTL to wherever she happened to be facing. In 2007 her BH was actually more versatile, and she could even open angles with it. But it was always completely useless when returning serve.

BTW her return game in Sydney was already woeful. She struggled to win a single point on most of Jankovic's serve games. :help:

Well, the progress I meant referring to the win over Jankovic wasn't about the backhand really.
More about the fact she won a tough three-setter against a top ten player.
And she used volleys and drop shots at crucial stages to win it.

Michael_21
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Great tournament nikki alot of promise for the rest of the year cant wait till she plays again :D