PDA

View Full Version : has Hantuchova pulled out of wimbledon yet??

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM
does anyone have any information on whether or not hantuchova is going to play wimbledon or not. if she pulls out today, davenport will be bumped up to #24 seed, however if she pulls out after the draw is made, a lucky #33 seed will replace her.

if she is going to play, thats fine, i just hope shes ready. but if she pulls out on a day before wimbledon starts, knowing full well she was never going to play, that is incredibly selfish of her.

Tipp
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
She played in an exhibition match yesterday (Wednesday) against Katie O' Brien which she won 6-2 1-6 (10-5). That kind of score against O' Brien doesn't bode well, but to answer your question, she is obviously still weighing up her options and hasn't "known full well" that she wasn't going to play all along.

IceHock
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
She is most likely going to play

IceHock
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
And as I just looked it's confirmed in Daniela's thread she will be playing Wimbledon, she gave a quote after her exo and said she is playing.

Mikey.
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I really hope she does play :bigcry:

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM
She played in an exhibition match yesterday (Wednesday) against Katie O' Brien which she won 6-2 1-6 (10-5). That kind of score against O' Brien doesn't bode well, but to answer your question, she is obviously still weighing up her options and hasn't "known full well" that she wasn't going to play all along.

:eek: i didnt know about that!

G&R
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
luckily she plays

homogenius
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM
With the kind of injury she had she shouldn't play imo

jbeacinu
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
with that kind of excibition score i wouldn't play wimbledono either...

DimaDinosaur
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
She's definitely going to Wimbledon; I mean hello! How else is she gonna meet Mario Ancic for some lovin' ;)

Lunaris
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
With the kind of injury she had she shouldn't play imo
agreed :o

sammy01
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:30 PM
given the score against o'brien, the risk dosen't look anywhere near the reward of her playing wimbledon!

cn ireland
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Daniela hates missing tournaments so I very much doubt that she'd miss 2 slams in a row even if she's not 100% fit.

sharapovarulz1
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hope she does play Wimbledon but hope it doesn't irritate the injury!

Danči Dementia
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
And as I just looked it's confirmed in Daniela's thread she will be playing Wimbledon, she gave a quote after her exo and said she is playing.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Come on Dani.........................altough now I´m not that sure if its good for her she shouldn´t risk herself

MisterMan
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Seriously, how far does she think she could possibly get. 2nd round ? She just lost a 6-1 set to O'Brien. These Wimby chicks are gonna eat her up and make her run side to side for hours. Stay the hell home.

JPA
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Seriously, how far does she think she could possibly get. 2nd round ? She just lost a 6-1 set to O'Brien. These Wimby chicks are gonna eat her up and make her run side to side for hours. Stay the hell home.

she is just happy to be back on court with a racquet in her hand at her favourite tournament after over 2 months out of the game, so obviously the results aren't going to bother her too much.