PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup FINAL: Spain vs Russia in MADRID !

Alvarillo
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
In Club de Campo Villa de Madrid, location of the former WTA tournament that was played in the Spanish capital.

13-14 September, Clay. ;)

IVI
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM
VAMOS ESPAÑA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I wonder who will be on the Russian team. Right now, Dinara and Maria makes sense.

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:17 PM
clay, grass, hardcourts, carpet - it doesnt matter. russia will still win 5-0

Blu€
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM
clay, grass, hardcourts, carpet - it doesnt matter. russia will still win 5-0

Everybody thought China would win 5-0 too (myself too :lol:)

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Russia has only lost one tie since 2003. That was at Belgium with Justine and Kim playing both days.
But this will be a challenge.

Cp6uja
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Everybody thought China would win 5-0 too (myself too :lol:)But dont forget that Russia > China
and fact is that 3pts is enough for overall win.
I expect to see Sveta and Dinara like first Tarpishev clay options, and 3-0 leading after three matches (3-2 or 4-1 at end).

wtatourfan
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I really think Maria won´t play. I mean, she will be listed, and one week left, she will withdraw. That´s what Maria looks like, unfortunately.

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Everybody thought China would win 5-0 too (myself too :lol:)

i didnt

Cp6uja
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I really think Maria wonīt play. I mean, she will be listed, and one week left, she will withdraw. Thatīs what Maria looks like, unfortunately.At 21 Maria is already by far best Russian WTA player of all time, but at clay she is just "one of"... This is Olympic year and she is by far best Russian hope for madal in singles - so forced her to play this summer against weak Spain (in comparation with best Russian girls) FED CUP final at clay or doubles in Beijing is not help Russia at all and will only trouble Maria. If Tarpischev will ask of MARIA to go in Madrid it probably bee KIRILENKO which this season prove herself like good claycourt player (but she will be still like #4 option).

schorsch
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I know scheduling and everything, but why pass on an opportunity to win that trophy being active on the team :shrug: Its a thing kind of everyone would like to have on her résumé :ras: So, I think she'll go, but I dont think she'll play more than one match.

Uranium
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I doubt Maria will play.
My dream Russian Fed Cup Team
Myskina, Sveta, Dinara and Elena D.
But Myskina won't play obviously, so instead of her is Vesnina:)

*Jool*
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM
vamos España ! :bounce:
too bad the doubles match is not the third match like in Davis Cup huh :lol:

wild.river
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
dinara clay queen and sveta clay citizen against the spaniards :hearts: maria should play doubles with chaky or something so she can still be part of the victory, and russia can win with the perfect team. :hearts:

Uranium
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
dinara clay queen and sveta clay citizen against the spaniards :hearts: maria should play doubles with chaky or something so she can still be part of the victory, and russia can win with the perfect team. :hearts:

o so just bring her along for the win, have her do nothing:rolleyes:, she would be dead weight. After seeing her Roland Garros performance, I hope Russia doesn't choose her.
If Maria plays, Go Spain, but if Maria doesn't play, Go Russia:)

darrinbaker00
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM
You must be talking about Kirilenko. Sharapova can't even spell doubles, much less play doubles. ;)

wild.river
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
o so just bring her along for the win, have her do nothing:rolleyes:, she would be dead weight. After seeing her Roland Garros performance, I hope Russia doesn't choose her.
If Maria plays, Go Spain, but if Maria doesn't play, Go Russia:)

You must be talking about Kirilenko. Sharapova can't even spell doubles, much less play doubles. ;)

:shrug: there's a fair chance she and chaky might win if she plays doubles...
but really, she was critical in the tie against israel. can't just dump her in the finals.