PDA

View Full Version : WWW Rosmalen SF - [1] Dementieva vs. [3] Safina

kaktusino
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Safina leads 4-2 in H2H. But all her win matches were on clay. What the result will be?

Russianboy
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
again?

lena, it's ur turn to win now!

The Kaz
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Dinara in 3

7-5 6-7(4) 7-6(9)

Then she'll be too knackered to play the final and lose to Tammy/Alona/Anna :lol:

iPatty
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I seriously think Elena is going to win this match, like I have the last two times. I don't see how Dinara beats her, Elena should mow over her with her well-struck groundstrokes and movement. She is only bothered by Dinara's heavy strokes to her backhand but the grass should neutralize that and Elena should come out the winner.

The only way Dinara will win is if she can get Elena to choke a lead in the first set or something and get her thinking about that Roland Garros match. Of course I want to see Dinara win but I don't think it is going to happen. They need to stop playing each other, this should really be the final. :mad:

Dave.
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
2002 Finalist vs 2006 Finalist
2003 Doubles Champ vs 2005 Doubles Champ

They both aren't that comfortable on grass but have had some success at this tournament. I think Lena's recent loss to Dinara may still be in her mind though.

Viktymise
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Lena will get revenge, in this MM tournie. :o

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
06 76 60

wtatourfan
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Dementieva

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
they both suck on grass so it will come deown to grittynss

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Dinara in 3

7-5 6-7(4) 7-6(9)

Then she'll be too knackered to play the final and lose to Tammy/Alona/Anna :lol:

elena never loses final set tie breaks ;)

safina should win, but her 'i hate grass attitude' will lose her the match
i predict dementieva 6-3, 6-4

G&R
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I think Dinara

Chunchun
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
they have to play again? :rolleyes: I'm sick :help:

Effy
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
davaj Dinara, beat her again

Dementinator
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Well Lenas came close to beating her the first time this year, did beat her at RG but no one told Lena that and she fucked it all up so really Lena should win, I still think she is the better player, neither of them are good on moo fuel but I think Lenas slowly learning to deal with it a little better these days.

Hard to call, Lena should win but Oafette probably will.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Both are poor grasscourters but Dinara is poorer.

miffedmax
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have to say another loss to Dinara would completely shatter my faith in Elena . . . oh who am I kidding. Elena's going to lose and the clean up staff will find me under my desk, curled up in a fetal position, weeping and muttering bizarre lamentations about my fatal attraction for headcase tennis players, especially tall blonde ones with perfect noses.

After a few days of deep depression accompanied by nervous headaches, hairloss, joint pain, teeth grinding, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, alcohol abuse and loss of appetite I will emerge from my funk, fully convinced that, based on no evidence whatsoever, that madding, beautiful, co-dependent, serveless wonder is going to win Wimbledon.

They really should do an episode of "Intervention" on me, all my friends and family trying to get me to give up on being a Dementieva fan. I know I'd be better off, but I just can't help it. One full-body rotation screaming forehand of death, man, I just need one, this is the last one, i swear, then I'm off her shit, man I'll go straight and get clean ... ahh, shit someone just posted pics in the Gardens thread...

ASP0315
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:45 PM
safina got a bigger serve and should clinch it in three.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Elena should lose as she never gives her best effort the week before a Grand Slam :o

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
safina got a bigger serve and should clinch it in three.

Like Roddick or Karlovic the last week :D

kinglear
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I have to say another loss to Dinara would completely shatter my faith in Elena . . . oh who am I kidding. Elena's going to lose and the clean up staff will find me under my desk, curled up in a fetal position, weeping and muttering bizarre lamentations about my fatal attraction for headcase tennis players, especially tall blonde ones with perfect noses.

After a few days of deep depression accompanied by nervous headaches, hairloss, joint pain, teeth grinding, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, alcohol abuse and loss of appetite I will emerge from my funk, fully convinced that, based on no evidence whatsoever, that madding, beautiful, co-dependent, serveless wonder is going to win Wimbledon.

They really should do an episode of "Intervention" on me, all my friends and family trying to get me to give up on being a Dementieva fan. I know I'd be better off, but I just can't help it. One full-body rotation screaming forehand of death, man, I just need one, this is the last one, i swear, then I'm off her shit, man I'll go straight and get clean ... ahh, shit someone just posted pics in the Gardens thread...

Aww Max, I fully understand. I also love the way you write and describe Elena. :)

ASP0315
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Like Roddick or Karlovic the last week :D

Nadal didn't even break karlovic you idiot. :lol:
Yes roddick sucks. atleast karlovic took a set of him unlike that moron roddick.

Atleast they both got beat by top player unlike David Ferrer who loses to 59th ranked player. How embarrsing. :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM
safina wins 1-6, 6-2, 6-3

jbeacinu
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
no choke from elena please

Elenarulez
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM

So true ...

joćo.
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
C'mon Lena!

shirley
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Dinara will win.

Dodoboy.
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Elena :)

cn ireland
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'd like Dementieva to win but I think it'll be Safina in 3!

They really are playing each other alot lately!

Escape
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I think Dinara will win in 2
But I hope I'm wrong :)

Alexj
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
LenaD

Il Primo!
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Safina's has a bigger serve. Plus top spin actually works well on grass so I give Dina the edge.
I think and hope whoever prevails wins the final :)

LudwigDvorak
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Dinara will never lose to Dementieva again. Enjoy the title, Dinara. :hug:

The perk is Elena will probably do better than Dinara at Wimbledon. if they don't meet 4R. :rolleyes:

hankqq
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM
06 76 60

If that happens I'll die laughing :lol::lol::lol:

justine schnyder
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think it's Elena's turn to win. On grass it'll be harder for Dinara to defend while Elena is an exellent mover.

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Elena led 64 52. Then Dinara won 10 of 11 games plus a tb

Njay16
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I think movement will be the key in this match up. Which is something Dementieva clearly does better. If she takes care of her own serve she should get through in 3 sets.

Danči Dementia
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Come on Elena..........its revenge time

fleur137
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
dina for 3 in a row in 3

Emina.
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Go Lena! please win :)

kinglear
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Safina's has a bigger serve. Plus top spin actually works well on grass so I give Dina the edge.
I think and hope whoever prevails wins the final :)

So why do so many people have the conception that flat strokes work better on grass? I always top spin worked well on grass too. ;)

samsam4087
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Elena will win in 2.

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Let's go Lena!! Now's your time to shine. :)