PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Q3:Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova d. Kathrin Woerle 6-3 6-0

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Nastya :woohoo: :D :)
well done on qualifying

now win some matches in MD

Derek.
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, Nastya! :worship:

Great job! :D

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM
whoop!

adrovi
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Nastya :worship::worship::bounce: Good luck in MD ;)

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Time for Nastya to make noise at a major

TatiNovic
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
WOW!!
Super good job Nastya
Good luck in the main draw

If a Pavlyuchenkova vs. U.Radwanska will be great!!

wtatourfan
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!!

Great win!

shrOOf
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Kadde :sad: :help:

georgekuo1017
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
well done nastya :yeah:

The Dawntreader
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Well done Anastasia:D

Try and win some games in the MD now:lol:

Seriously though, good effort to qualify:)

.:sk:.
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Kathrin :sad:

Cp6uja
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Time for Nastya to make noise at a majorIt's too early for her, but with good draw... why not. Her future still looks very promissing and i personaly have more faith in her than in any other "beyond 1987" Russian girl.

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I doubt she will do much on grass, I saw her play vs Dani last year and it was clearly not a stellar performance. The girl does have a lot of talent but I don't think her breakthrough will be on grass. I wouldn't mind her proving me wrong though.

Derek.
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I doubt she will do much on grass, I saw her play vs Dani last year and it was clearly not a stellar performance. The girl does have a lot of talent but I don't think her breakthrough will be on grass. I wouldn't mind her proving me wrong though.

Nastya is a completely different player than a year ago.

konijntje_00
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM

I was there for that match last year and me too, I wasn't impressed by Nastya, but in the meantime I saw her play several times the last few months and really, she did improve a lot!! With a decent draw I think she could survive a few rounds!

Well done Pavly!! and good luck in main draw! :yeah:

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Nastya is a completely different player than a year ago.

Of course she isnt, at that age one year makes a huge difference, but I still believe her game isnt the most suited for grass. It all depends of her draw, but if she plays a solid grass seed or grass player early, I don't see her pulling the upset.

dybbuk
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Congrats, Anastasia. :yeah:

Highlandman
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Kathrin :sobbing: :awww:

Vincey!
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Well done Pavly :D...her first round scared me a bit, but it seems all fine now, do some damage in the MD now :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Of course she isnt, at that age one year makes a huge difference, but I still believe her game isnt the most suited for grass. It all depends of her draw, but if she plays a solid grass seed or grass player early, I don't see her pulling the upset.

last yr Nastya was playing with zero confidence, and struggling with niggly injuries most of yr
she's playing a whole lot better this yr, and now has a good coach with her

Slumpsova
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Pav :yeah:

tenn_ace
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM
She was 15 then.. I'm sure if you saw Linzi at 15 you wouldn't have thought either that she would win Wimbledon

CooCooCachoo
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Well-deserved win. Pavlyuchenkova was simply much, much better. Outhit Kathrin on all accounts :sad: Kathrin also wasn't good :sobbing: Those volleys were just awful :o She needs to fulfil her potential :shout:

Pavlyuchenkova won't do much damage in the MD though, I think. If she meets someone who can match her powerful baseline game, or can unravel it with a tactically ingenuous game, she will crumble. Her game is far from solid as the match against Nagy showed. But there are also plenty of MD players that she could take out.